PDA

View Full Version : Who will be playing at number 6 ?

sheshprohor
October 14, 2003, 08:12 AM
Eventhough we can't be sure before the 2nd practice match, but upto now Aftab is a strong candidate for the new-search number 6 position of batting.

I never saw him playing and I don't know how good he is or that was just a fluke.

Nafis played in the top order in the practice match and so did aftab. If we seriously like to choose one of them, we should let them play at 6.

Prohor

Mahmood
October 14, 2003, 10:39 AM
Do not rush them. Let them mature playing the Dhaka League in Development XI and U-19 WC.

Aftab is a great future star, so far he has indicated that way. In the last 2 practice tour matches he got opportunity to play, he scored a 50+ against South Africa and a 45 against England.

As for Nasif, I am still waiting to be impressed.

Mahmood
October 14, 2003, 10:48 AM
Who should bat at 6?

In test, definitly Rokon.

bhobishshot
October 14, 2003, 12:13 PM
Is Rokon even in the 20?

Mahmood
October 14, 2003, 01:01 PM
Nope.

BCB does that a lot. Drops someone from the test team for ODI performence (Golla, Rokon).

However they don't do the opposite. Drop someone from the ODI team for test performence.

Tehsin
October 14, 2003, 05:14 PM
Hope it's not mushfiq. I am glad he failed. We have far better options in both batting and bowling. One barely (by BD standards) all rounder (shujon) is enough for us.

Zobair
October 14, 2003, 08:39 PM
Mushfiq at number 6 in the ODIs isnot a bad idea...he has a tidy line and length and swings the ball well too...and seems handy with the bat...in tests, we need a genuine bat at 6 or a genuine all rounder which right now Mushfique can not claim.

fwullah
October 15, 2003, 01:07 AM
- Aftab is too young
- Mushfique is not good enough with either bat or ball

- who? May be a second spinner?

Ehsan
October 15, 2003, 05:45 AM
Ya lets try another spinner.

rafiq
October 15, 2003, 01:16 PM
mossadek (leg spinner), aftab or enamul jr should compete for that spot, maybe another batsman that comes out of the A team match?