PDA

View Full Version : Ghum

Tigers_eye
September 5, 2007, 04:41 PM
Ghum (Sleep)

Do you like to sleep all the time? Or
Are you wired up most of the time?

How many hours do you need to sleep per day?

Do you think is that enough? Why or why not?

Do you need complete silence to sleep?

Do you need complete darkness to sleep?

How important sleep is to you?

I wish I could sleep all the time.

I am so dang sleepy. I am not sure how shall I drive back home. Will hit the bed once I reach there.

Rafiq bhai,
If you visit this thread: I was thinking of opening a thread and asking which color underwear everyone wears just to see your reaction. hahaha!! Decided against that for obvious reasons.

Nocturnal
September 5, 2007, 05:13 PM
Do you like to sleep all the time- NO
How many hours do you need to sleep per day? - 7-8 hours
Do you think is that enough? - Enough
Do you need complete silence to sleep? - Yes
Do you need complete darkness to sleep? - Yes
How important sleep is to you? - Very imp.

T_E bhai said-" I wish I could sleep all the time." - hehe ....not for me though :)

Miraz
September 5, 2007, 05:29 PM
Do you like to sleep all the time? - No way

How many hours do you need to sleep per day? - 5-6 hours

Do you think is that enough? Why or why not? - Not sure. I would prefer 7-8 hours

Do you need complete silence to sleep? No :)

Do you need complete darkness to sleep? No

How important sleep is to you? - I can pass 2-3 days without sufficient sleep (2-3 hours), but after that a good sleep is a must.

T_E bhai, apnar nijer info na janie age amader info jante chachchen je?

Dhruvo
September 5, 2007, 05:40 PM
Do you like to sleep all the time OR Are you wired up most of the time? --- nope i het to sleep all the time and yes i am wired up most of the times

How many hours do you need to sleep per day? ---well about 3 or 4 thats enough

Do you think is that enough? Why or why not?---its enough because its enough lol

Do you need complete silence to sleep?---no

Do you need complete darkness to sleep?---yes

How important sleep is to you?---not that much, about 34% important

Miraz
September 5, 2007, 05:49 PM
How important sleep is to you?---not that much, about 34% important

Dhrobo bhaiya tumi eto exact hishab kibhabe dila? :)

Omio
September 5, 2007, 05:54 PM
calculator dia;)

BD-Shardul
September 6, 2007, 12:33 AM
Do you like to sleep all the time? When the semester goes on, YES. When there is no study then NO. :(

How many hours do you need to sleep per day? at least 8 hours

Do you think is that enough? Why or why not? Yes, because after sleeping 8-10 hours, I do not feel sleepy anymore.
Do you need complete silence to sleep? NO
Do you need complete darkness to sleep? NO
How important sleep is to you? One of my friend in highschool used to say "Who doesn't like to spend time with nidra devi?"
I wish I could sleep all the time. I wish that when the semester goes on, or when I have exam or when I have to study Vector Mechanics :(. TE bhai, apner beter bari dorker :D

Sohel
September 6, 2007, 04:27 AM
Do you like to sleep all the time? N

Are you wired up most of the time? Y

How many hours do you need to sleep per day? 4

Do you think is that enough? Y

Why or why not? Genetic, wired but never tired

Do you need complete silence to sleep? N

Do you need complete darkness to sleep? N

How important sleep is to you? As important as consuming, excreting, and pro plus recreational pleasures ... :saint:

Here's a few lines Ornob stole for my soul with his genius-

Cha'nd neme ashe
Amar janalar pashe
Ghum chhu'nwe bhashe
Cha'deri gan

Dur theke jodi dake tara
Rate ghum haube dishehara
Shaubtuke a'ndharer pare
Ghum haube shara

Jautotuku rat thake baki
Cha'nd niye eyaka jegue thaki
A'ndhar jaumiye rakhe neel
Shaukaleri gan

reverse_swing
September 6, 2007, 04:52 AM

Are you wired up most of the time? Y

How many hours do you need to sleep per day? 4/5(I manage and continue with about 4/5 hours a night and have been doing so for a considerably long time now.)

Why or why not? You don't need any set of amount of sleep - it's all down to genes and I got this from my father.

How important sleep is to you? Life is too short. Do something constructive rather than sleeping :)

Hatebreed
September 6, 2007, 06:36 AM

How many hours do you need to sleep per day? ...including night? 6-8

Why or why not? I think it's adequate.

How important sleep is to you? Somewhat.

Bancan
September 6, 2007, 09:31 AM
Do you like to sleep all the time? NO
Are you wired up most of the time? NO

How many hours do you need to sleep per day? 8

Do you think is that enough? Why or why not? NO.I want to sleep for atleast 10 hours

Do you need complete silence to sleep? Not all the time.

Do you need complete darkness to sleep? Yes

How important sleep is to you? Very Important.

Dhruvo
September 6, 2007, 09:39 AM
well its just andaj,i said it only as a guess lol, of course it cant be exact lol i said about 34% not exactly lol .

Rubu
September 6, 2007, 09:48 AM
Talking about sleep, I have been thinking about going to a sleep disorder doctor for a while now, but cannot make up my mind if I need it or not.

my problem is actually quite funny (but its true): I can barely open my eyes when the alarm goes off every weekday and I go back to sleep after stopping the alarm almost everyday. I'm late to work about 30-45 minutes everyday (not that they care, as I make it up by staying late). I crave for sleep then and just count days for weekend.

and here is the irony, every weekend, my sleep is broken at 6-ish (about an hour earlier than my weekday wakeup time) and I cannot go back to sleep anymore, in fact I cannot even stay in bed.

but I could not make up my mind if this is a serious enough problem to go to a doctor.

Dhruvo
September 6, 2007, 09:56 AM
for the first time i slept for so long,today i woke up at 3:00 pm man i normally wake up at 8:00 pm in the weekends and 5:30 pm during school time today is the weekend in ksa and i slept for so long lol.

Sohel
September 6, 2007, 09:59 AM
Check out the flick, may answer some questions ... and shouldn't put you to sleep.

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/8GjjYHVj-mw"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/8GjjYHVj-mw" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Tigers_eye
September 6, 2007, 10:11 AM
wow this many responses?

I started this thread for ajaira reason. Was feeling so sleepy at work. But now with your responses I must convey a good message.

Guys and Gals,
Do not deprive your body from the rest it needs. I know there is no magic number on how much sleep a person needs but if you go below the normal 6/7 hours per day mark then you would accumulate sleep debt. Which in the weekend one must try to pay off.

Studies show less sleep can have the following negative affect:
Short sleep duration is linked with:
* Increased risk of motor vehicle accidents
* Increase in body mass index – a greater likelihood of obesity due to an increased appetite caused by sleep deprivation
* Increased risk of diabetes and heart problems (this is a big one)
* Increased risk for psychiatric conditions including depression and substance abuse
* Decreased ability to pay attention, react to signals or remember new information.

http://www.sleepfoundation.org/site/c.huIXKjM0IxF/b.2417485/k.106/How_Much_Sleep_Do_We_Really_Need_Page_2.htm

As for me, I like to sleep most of the time because I am deprived of it. Back when I was a teen, I could take a five minute nap any time of the day (that much of sleep debt). (Probably true for Nasif, PC, MoinKhan, Hhasif and some others)

5/6 hours a day (try to catchup in the weekend)
Not enough.
no
no.
very important.

Bengaliprince176
September 6, 2007, 11:09 AM
Do you like to sleep all the time? HELL YEAH!! just dream of cricket and forget all the problems in life...(sigh) then that stupid alarm wakes me up....

How many hours do you need to sleep per day? 10 but its meant to b bad that much?

Do you think is that enough? Why or why not? i just wanna sleep as much as i can but my mum calls me for breakfast and nomally opens the blinds to that blinding sun

Do you need complete silence to sleep? yes but i have to listen to sum music before hand to relax me
Do you need complete darkness to sleep? no but not too bright

How important sleep is to you? ITS THE GREATEST SPORT AFTER CRICKET FOR ME!!!

p.s yes i am very lazy

cricket_dorshok
September 6, 2007, 11:12 AM
ghum!
Sometimes I try to imagine how the heaven will be? How come an endless life can be passed without doing any computational work (lol, i mean wok). And every time I come to here, ghum: it will be like ghum, a long time pass easily without any problem.
7 hours ghum is more than enough and important.

Rabz
September 6, 2007, 07:21 PM
Do you like to sleep all the time? NO

How many hours do you need to sleep per day? 6-7

Do you think is that enough? NO.I want to sleep more.

Do you need complete silence to sleep? Yes.

Do you need complete darkness to sleep? Yes

How important sleep is to you? Very very Important.
<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->