PDA

View Full Version : What to eat for Sehri?

zahid
September 14, 2007, 07:36 AM
Normally, I would eat rice and curry... but Mom's cooking is terrible recently and I am trying to resort to something else.

Any Ideas?

Tigers_eye
September 14, 2007, 07:59 AM
Nothing in the weekdays!! No time wasting.

Friday, Saturday may be dudh, kola chira/bhat.

Nasif
September 14, 2007, 08:19 AM
Take water, water and more water. Its not about eating, lack of water will make you more tired :)

Miraz
September 14, 2007, 08:22 AM
A glass of water.

Not a big fan of Sehri. :)

Sohel
September 14, 2007, 08:43 AM
H2O and dates (the fruit, Hannibal don't live here no mo'), the same as Iftar and dinner ... long held family tradition of eating nothing fancy during Ramadan ... we get the good stuff again from Eid day onwards ...

BanCricFan
September 14, 2007, 09:06 AM
Normally, I would eat rice and curry... but Mom's cooking is terrible recently and I am trying to resort to something else.

Any Ideas?

Aswadain (the two blacks) -all you need! The best also.

Sumon77
September 14, 2007, 09:37 AM
zahid... ma er hater ranna khachchso, kheye nao, nije ranna kore khete hole ter paba.. ami jemon pachchhi ekhon.:(

Fazal
September 14, 2007, 09:48 AM
What to eat for Sehri?

... Mon Jaha Chai tahai Khao (Jodi taha pao)

Miraz
September 14, 2007, 09:48 AM
zahid... ma er hater ranna khachchso, kheye nao, nije ranna kore khete hole ter paba.. ami jemon pachchhi ekhon.:(

Maa'r hater ranna!! kobe je abar khabo!! :(

Ami kichudin dhore bou er hater ranna thekeo bonchito. Nije ranna kora koshtokor na kintu khubi biroktikor.

reverse_swing
September 14, 2007, 10:00 AM
As Nasif said take water as much as you can.Take your seheri atleast half an hour before seheri time and my recommendation is at least 4 glasses of water every time.

sandpiper
September 14, 2007, 10:06 AM
Rice with any curry, an apple or a banana and water. Thats my sehri :)

Puck
September 14, 2007, 10:57 AM
have a heavy late supper and skip sehri..

Rubu
September 14, 2007, 11:00 AM
Milk and Cereal. No preparation needed and has liquid (thats what you really need). The at least a litter of water.

zahid
September 14, 2007, 11:44 AM
Erm... I know I need to drink lots of water. But, I was more concerned about the Food part. :)

Sumon77
September 14, 2007, 12:06 PM

Ami kichudin dhore bou er hater ranna thekeo bonchito. Nije ranna kora koshtokor na kintu khubi biroktikor.
ekdom thik kotha bolechhen Miraz bhai, prothom prothom adveturous lagto ranna korte... ekhon rannar kotha chinta korlei rag lage:mad:. hope bhabi will come back soon to cook you nice foods:)

Sumon77
September 14, 2007, 12:06 PM
BC te ki kono bhojon roshik nai? shobai dekhi bechara ke pani khaite boltechhen.

SS
September 14, 2007, 12:11 PM

Sorry to hear Mr. Miraz...for me I don't even get those two. I make my own!

Miraz
September 14, 2007, 12:50 PM
Sorry to hear Mr. Miraz...for me I don't even get those two. I make my own!

SS, as far as I know you are married and still cooking your own food brother!!

Probably you are too nice with bhabi and want to share the difficult jobs. :)

ekdom thik kotha bolechhen Miraz bhai, prothom prothom adveturous lagto ranna korte... ekhon rannar kotha chinta korlei rag lage:mad:. hope bhabi will come back soon to cook you nice foods:)

Ekkebare amar abostha. Good news is my wife and kids are coming back on this Tuesday. :)

Hatebreed
September 14, 2007, 01:04 PM
I don't think curry is a good option for sehri. You'll be hungry for the whole day and might have gas problem. Eat something cool, like chira with milk and banana. Drink lots of water, and pure oj/squash if you prefer.

SS
September 14, 2007, 01:30 PM
SS, as far as I know you are married and still cooking your own food brother!!
Probably you are too nice with bhabi and want to share the difficult jobs. :)
. :)
Once I started "sharing is caring" it went to the opposite side...ah well it just food.

Puck
September 14, 2007, 03:42 PM

once you get away from bangladeshi style cooking, it becomes much more fun. even if i say so myself, i am a very creative cook. lady luck comes with being able to cook well.. of course, if you are already married that doesn't matter so much!

Sauron
September 14, 2007, 04:53 PM
... but Mom's cooking is terrible recently and I am trying to resort to something else.

Any Ideas?

Yes, you yourself start cooking for a change and indulge your mom through ramadan. Then she will soon start saying to people " ... but Zahid's cooking is joghonno and I need to resort to something else" ... and soon she will start cooking well again.

zahid
September 14, 2007, 05:14 PM
Yes, you yourself start cooking for a change and indulge your mom through ramadan. Then she will soon start saying to people " ... but Zahid's cooking is joghonno and I need to resort to something else" ... and soon she will start cooking well again.

lol

Dimer torkari Internet thekey deikha rana korlam. Smells good. sehrir shomoy try korum ney.

Should .. move onto cooking Chicken curry!

sandpiper
September 14, 2007, 05:19 PM
dimer torkari :drool::drool:
could you plz send me the link ? E-)
lol

Dimer torkari Internet thekey deikha rana korlam. Smells good. sehrir shomoy try korum ney.

Should .. move onto cooking Chicken curry!

Nocturnal
September 14, 2007, 06:16 PM
have a heavy late supper and skip sehri..

Puck bhai amio eita follow kortesi :)

Omio
September 14, 2007, 06:51 PM
kisu khai na, karon ranna korte echha kore na , r ghum vange na, n akheye roza.

Anher
September 14, 2007, 06:55 PM
kisu khai na, karon ranna korte echha kore na , r ghum vange na, n akheye roza.

Omio brother i had same bachelor life like you 1 year earlier. Now i moved to a bangladeshi family duo to join into my job. 3 of us living. Bhabi is a great cook.
Ami akon kai dai gomai.
Aaj shutki, shim bhazi, lamb, ar kachi maah.....yummmmm

BanCricFan
September 14, 2007, 07:05 PM
Puck bhai amio eita follow kortesi :)

Not a very good idea at all! Sehri or suhur is very important for health. It is also very blessed according to an authentic prophetic tradition (hadith). Heavy-duty-late-supper is a very bad idea, indeed!

Nocturnal
September 14, 2007, 07:09 PM
Not a very good idea at all! Sehri or suhur is very important for health. It is also very blessed according to an authentic prophetic tradition (hadith). Heavy-duty-late-supper is a very bad idea, indeed!

Not sure it's a bad idea or not but when you are living abroad only by yourself and options are very limited then what can you do,eh?

Electrequiem
September 15, 2007, 09:48 PM
Try skipping Sehri for a couple of days ... you will soon start liking rice and curry.