PDA

View Full Version : Invasion of "Banglish" in BC forum

Spitfire_x86
September 22, 2007, 12:24 AM
After lots of efforts from Nasif and Arnab, use of Banglish was rapidly decreasing and use of real Bangla was increasing. But the forum staff has been quiet for some time about use of Bangla, and BC forum is being invaded by Banglish again. Our current top poster Sohel_NR often uses Bangla in his posts, but never real Bangla. I find it hard to believe that he couldn't use real Bangla if he wanted to. Many of the new posters are doing the same.

I personally request Sohel_NR to use real Bangla instead of Banglish in your posts. I could use PM to reach you, but this is a problem that should be discussed in public I think. Also request to the mods to resume activity to encourage use of real Bangla.

Please let this thread stay in "Bangladesh Cricket" category, even though technically it doesn't belong here. I posted it here to get more attention.

tigerpower
September 22, 2007, 12:37 AM
please provide examples of each to distinguish between the two. i'm not sure what you mean by "banglish"

i for one don't mind the use of english alphabet to phonetically spell out bangla words. not all of us have the fonts installed. or in my case, know how to write in bengali

Nasif
September 22, 2007, 12:37 AM
Exactly my feeling. I have noticed it too. I can feel the rise of Banglish yet again.

At one point when writing Bangla was very difficult Banglish was ok. Now, with so much out there; writing banglish is just a sign of lazyness.

Get off that lazy butt, here are few lines to get you motivated:
[বাংলা] বিদ্রোহী

কাজী নজরুল ইসলামবল বীর -
বল উন্নত মম শির!
শির নেহারি আমারি, নত শির ওই শিখর হিমাদ্রির!
বল বীর -
বল মহা বিশ্বের মহাকাশ ফাড়ি’
চন্দ্র সূর্য গ্রহ তারা ছাড়ি’
ভূলোক দ্যুলোক গোলোক ভেদিয়া,
খোদার আসন ‘আরশ’ ছেদিয়া,
উঠিয়াছি চির বিস্ময় আমি বিশ্ব বিধাত্রীর![/বাংলা]

If you still can't see Bangla on your PC please visit: http://www.banglacricket.com/tools/bangla (it can't be any easier than that).

Nasif
September 22, 2007, 12:47 AM
please provide examples of each to distinguish between the two. i'm not sure what you mean by "banglish"

i for one don't mind the use of english alphabet to phonetically spell out bangla words. not all of us have the fonts installed. or in my case, know how to write in bengali

You have provided your answer. banglish holo engregi diye bangla lekha.

It doesn't taste that good when you put black pepper on your ice-cream. Somethings just doesn't fit together. Black pepper has its place, so does the ice-cream. Mixing them results in a mess.

Those who don't know Bangla, I could understand occasional usage of Banglish.

Windows XP and most Linux distros ship with Bangla font. May not be the pretty ones, but there are default fonts for Bangla. Then again I wonder how long it takes to run this file (http://www.banglacricket.com/tools/bangla/open_type_bangla_font_installer.exe) or this one (http://www.banglacricket.com/tools/bangla/bangla_fonts_pack.zip)... Not having the font is an unfortunate excuse.

zahid
September 22, 2007, 06:36 AM
Bangla font khub choto dekhay. Portey koshto hoy. Tai use kori na.

Anher
September 22, 2007, 06:40 AM
Bangla font khub choto dekhay. Portey koshto hoy. Tai use kori na.

You might not using bangla tag while posting. I mean not writing bangla inside bangla tag...
[বাংলা]
post your comment here...
[/বাংলা]

Antora
September 22, 2007, 06:42 AM
the thing is , bangla fonts are small to read and in my case reading bangla takes a lot of time, I think writting in banglish shuldn't be a problem because most people my age or older dont know how to read bangla.

rubel_18
September 22, 2007, 07:01 AM
the thing is , bangla fonts are small to read and in my case reading bangla takes a lot of time, I think writting in banglish shuldn't be a problem because most people my age or older dont know how to read bangla.

exactly spot on there antora, its just to make it more easier for ppl and that way memebers that cant read Bangla can read it at least

Miraz
September 22, 2007, 07:10 AM

Antora, sometimes passion can make the way to overcome difficulties of learning process.

I am sure if you don't use "banglish" you will learn to read "bangla" to understand some classic posts of BC. :)

if you are not convinced, search posts of "babubangla" bhai and you will agree with me.

Spitfire_x86
September 22, 2007, 07:17 AM
Write Bangla inside the bangla tag, and make sure that you have SolaimanLipi font installed (it is bundled with Avro Keyboard). If you write Bangla without the bangla tag, or don't have SolaimanLipi font installed, Bangla text will be rendered using Vrinda font (Windows XP SP2). That is why some of you see unusually small Bangla fonts.

goru
September 22, 2007, 07:21 AM
Spitty tumi konta beshi opochondo koro... banglish na support for JO?

Ahmed_B
September 22, 2007, 08:05 AM
So as I can see... there are two distinct groups of members regarding Bangla:

1) People who can fluently read/write/speak Bangla - this group can learn to write Bangla atleast in phonetic version if they give some extra effort.

2) People who can speak Bangla and understand spoken Bangla... but are not good with Bangla Alphabet, hence can't read/write it well- this is the more helpless group.. because they have to learn reading/writing bangla first.. before trying to write phonetic or any other form of Bangla

Well... all I can say is, where else will you guys get the chance to sharpen your Bangla skills other than such a huge forum filled with crazy BD people?? ;)

layperson
September 22, 2007, 08:17 AM
I for one do not understand the hue and cry against "banglish". I would much rather read a post in banglish than in pure bangla alphabet. This is a personal preference and when you have people opening threads for this with admins and mods supporting the idea then it seems as though you are forcing people to stop writing the way they are comfortable. Do not take this post out of context and think I am bitching about bangla. Its just personal preference as some people actually do find it harder to read the bangla alphabets. If you are not one of them then you wont understand. So its better to live and let live. If people find bangla easier then write in pure bangla fonts and if there are some who find writing and reading banglish easier than pure bangla then they should go for that. I never understand the fuss !!!

Dhruvo
September 22, 2007, 08:23 AM
the thing is , bangla fonts are small to read and in my case reading bangla takes a lot of time, I think writting in banglish shouldn't be a problem because most people my age or older dont know how to read bangla.
yes ,i think banglish is much easier to read,real bangla takes a lot of time and i don't have much patience to be honest lol.

Sauron
September 22, 2007, 08:25 AM
Spitty, I appreciate your bringing up the topic. I ,for one, want to use more bangla rather than banglish. I got a new notebook recently and lost the Avro installation, and been lazy since. But you just woke me up, so going through installation asap :)

Ahmed_B
September 22, 2007, 08:26 AM
some people actually do find it harder to read the bangla alphabets. If you are not one of them then you wont understand.
Chill bro..
If you read my last post... you will see that these 'two groups of people' is exactly what I was talking about. Some among them did the best they could... whereas some of them did not look around as much as they could. I'm not sure what the thread-opener had in mind.. but its probably better if you dont take this thread as a blame-window. Lets just take it as a co-operation on how to read-write better Bangla. :)

when you have people opening threads for this with admins and mods supporting the idea then it seems as though you are forcing people to stop writing the way they are comfortable.
Oh and just a sidenote: mods/admins make many many posts as just another member and unless they mention it otherwise... its better to take their posts as members only. I mean..c'mon... we're also human beings... aren't we?

Rubu
September 22, 2007, 08:50 AM
Bangla font khub choto dekhay. Portey koshto hoy. Tai use kori na.Use the signature link from Nasif Bhai's post. It will guide you through to proper Bangla, and you will not see it small.

Rubu
September 22, 2007, 08:53 AM
While we are on it, I would also bring up the rise of 'Algebra' English. I find it as hard to read as Banglish.

'wat r da b4 2 dis' words like these are algebra, if you still don't know what I meant by it.

Puck
September 22, 2007, 09:00 AM
i had played with avro keyboard. i'd recommend it to the younger users. once mastered, it can be very useful.

personally, i have poor eyesight. when wearing contact lenses i minimise typing related activity on the computer. avro keyboard is too much of an eyestrain for some reason. this is why i haven't bothered using it after the initial experiment.

damalChele
September 22, 2007, 09:04 AM
I'd encourage everyone to write banglish in their posts should they feel the need for it. There are a lot of people who can't read bangla properly, if it is written in Bangla. However, if they read the banglish bangla they can understand it quite clearly.

It's not such a big deal if you use banglish in your post. There are other important issues to worry about. Don't be so narrow minded. Chill!

Spitfire_x86
September 22, 2007, 09:12 AM
Spitty tumi konta beshi opochondo koro... banglish na support for JO?
Banglish. JO can't play forever, but Banglish has potential to plague the web forever.

To layperson,

It's understandable if someone who can't write Bangla writes a few lines of Banglish (they don't write much Bangla anyway), or if someone uses it sometimes for a quick one liner. But if this becomes the standard method using Bangla, then we do have a problem.

Spitfire_x86
September 22, 2007, 09:16 AM
While we are on it, I would also bring up the rise of 'Algebra' English. I find it as hard to read as Banglish.

'wat r da b4 2 dis' words like these are algebra, if you still don't know what I meant by it.
Totally ignore l33t speakers. Don't read a single post written in l33t speak. They will get bored and leave the forum.

Megh
September 22, 2007, 10:21 AM
i don't know exactly why are we talking about this. you should understand that we are all here to support our cricket team and you guys should understand that you can type in bangla and that doesn't mean everybody can. writing in bangla is much harder than english. and not even everybody from bangladesh can type bangla properly. it's much much tougher than english. the main moto of this forum is support our cricket team, we are not here to do any professional discussions. we are here to have fun, to enjoy the great moments of our cricket team all together. we are not here to be avoided by someone if i wrote anything in short form or in your word "Bang-Lish". users who can use bangla fonts properly and can type as well, they can do it. the users who can't(like me), what are they gonna do? LEAVE THE FORUM!!!!!! cause, one just said that not to read a single post written in l33t speak. can you guys tell me one thing with honesty that "Do you guys always use proper spelling of every word when you are chatting with your friends in MSN/Y!/AOL/PAL?" i don't think so. so why sould be a difference in here? we are friends(that what i think) as well. we are all bangladeshi here for our cricket team only. i think you guys should put these efforts to stop leechers and junky post and spamming. anywayz sorry that i gave you guys a huge lecture and pardon me for this. and another thing is, those are talking about writing in bangla, why are you guys writing in English? If you love bangla more than us(that is you guys are trying to show i think) then never write anything even in english. always write in Bangla please!!!!!!!

goru
September 22, 2007, 10:38 AM
On a serious note, all I have to say is this... Banglish can be written/read easily and effortlessly in 99.9999999% of Operating Systems / Web Browsers out there. Take an extreme example like lynx (which I often use in a tty terminal to surf some sites (not BC though)).

The same is not true for the Bangla written in Bangla.

goru
September 22, 2007, 10:44 AM
However, my personal preference is to write everything in English, for the benefit of our non-Bangali members. But I also understand that some Bangalis are going to struggle with writing in English, and they are most welcome to write Bangla in Banglish or Bangla or however else they want to... as long as they are not addressing someone who can't read it.

Sohel
September 22, 2007, 10:47 AM
After lots of efforts from Nasif and Arnab, use of Banglish was rapidly decreasing and use of real Bangla was increasing. But the forum staff has been quiet for some time about use of Bangla, and BC forum is being invaded by Banglish again. Our current top poster Sohel_NR often uses Bangla in his posts, but never real Bangla. I find it hard to believe that he couldn't use real Bangla if he wanted to. Many of the new posters are doing the same.

I personally request Sohel_NR to use real Bangla instead of Banglish in your posts. I could use PM to reach you, but this is a problem that should be discussed in public I think. Also request to the mods to resume activity to encourage use of real Bangla.

Please let this thread stay in "Bangladesh Cricket" category, even though technically it doesn't belong here. I posted it here to get more attention.

Spitfire_x86,

Singling me out is not appreciated, then again, I don't think you were looking for my appreciation when you unnecessarily brought me up not once, but twice. MODs, I fail to see this as anything but uddeshshomulok. Whatever that uddeshsho maybe, this type of thought-policing is not welcome to this member. IMHO, we are better off exercising our individual freedoms as forum members, within existing forum rules, and without this type of singling out.

Ami ekhane kono forum-rules bhongo kaurechhi bole mone hoyna. Amra paurom shoubhaggokrome ekti Orwellian jaugote baushobash korina. Ami bujhte parchhina ekhane amar namta nebar ki proyojonta chhilo, authoba ebhabe amar pechhone lagbar ki karon thakte pare.

Nijer chaurkay tel deyatai bodhoy uttom. Nijer forum-o khola jay.

Peace, Sohel

layperson
September 22, 2007, 10:48 AM
To layperson,

It's understandable if someone who can't write Bangla writes a few lines of Banglish (they don't write much Bangla anyway), or if someone uses it sometimes for a quick one liner. But if this becomes the standard method using Bangla, then we do have a problem.

I have to disagree once again. I for one do not fall in the category of "cant write bangla" however I prefer to write Banglish over pure bangla simply because writing pure bangla will take a lot more effort from my part and reading it is also a bit of an eyestrain for me. Here, using banglish instead of bangla becomes the norm for people like me when I do want to express my thoughts in bangla. I find it more convenient and why take so much trouble to write bangla alphabets when there is an easier alternative in Banglish.This is after all a forum only and not a place to practice language I would assume. But I can understand your frustrations and the only mature way to deal with it would be to ignore those posts instead of trying to change their way of writing. Its like people who find it hard to read bangla requesting other users to not write in bangla and use banglish as an alternative. I hope you see what I am trying to get at.

Miraz
September 22, 2007, 11:16 AM
[বাংলা]আমার মনে হয় কিছু মেম্বার স্পিটফায়ার এর পোস্টের উদ্দেশ্য বুঝতে ব্যর্থ হয়েছেন।

বাংলাক্রিকেটে বাংলা ফন্ট এ বাংলা প্রচলনের একটা ইতিহাস রয়েছে এবং মাতৃভাষা বাংলাকে ইন্টারনেট ফোরামে সঠিকভাবে লিখতে পারার তাগিদ থেকে অর্ণব ও নাসিফ ভাইয়ের অনেক পরিশ্রমের ফসল এটি।

বাংলিশ কখনোই বাংলার বিকল্প হতে পারেনা, আমার কাছে এটি ভাষার এক ধরনের বিকৃতি যেখানে শুদ্ধভাবে লেখার সুযোগ রয়েছে। কিন্তু তরুণ প্রজন্মের কেউ যদি বিদেশে জন্ম হবার কারণে বা দীর্ঘদিন বিদেশে থাকার কারণে বাংলা পড়তে না পারেন সেক্ষত্রে ব্যাপারটা আলাদা। লেখার ক্ষেত্রে কোন সমস্যা থাকা উচিত না কেননা অভ্র ফোনেটিক এ লিখলে বাংলিশটাই বাংলা হিসাবে আসে।

কিন্তু যারা বাংলা পড়তে পারেন তাদের বাংলিশ এ লেখা এক ধরনের অলসতা ও ভাষার প্রতি এক প্রকারের অসম্মান। এটি আমার ব্যক্তিগত মতামত ।

আর সাধারনভাবে ফোরাম ল্যাংগুয়েজ হিসাবে ইংরেজী প্রচলিত, তাই যারা বাংলা পড়তে পারেন না তারা তাদের পোস্টগুলি ইংরেজীতে করলেই বাংলিশ এর ব্যবহার অনেক কমে যাবে।

আর আরেকটি কথা বলতে চাই, বাংলাক্রিকেট আর দশটা ইন্টারনেট ফোরাম এর মত কোন চ্যাট ফোরাম নয় যেখানে মনের ভাব প্রকাশের জন্য যে কোন ধরণের ভাষা ব্যবহার করা যায়। বাংলাক্রিকেট এর কিছু স্বকীয়তার জন্য গর্ববোধ করে তার মধ্যে একটি হল ভাষার যথাযথ ব্যবহার এবং আরেকটি হল এর পরিচ্ছন্নতা। তাই অন্যান্য ফোরামের সাথে বাংলাক্রিকেটকে তুলনা করাটা ঠিক হবে না এবং সেখানে করা যায় এমন সব কিছুই বাংলাক্রিকেট স্বাগত: জানায়না। [/বাংলা]

Eshen
September 22, 2007, 11:23 AM
I for one do not understand the hue and cry against "banglish". I would much rather read a post in banglish than in pure bangla alphabet. This is a personal preference and when you have people opening threads for this with admins and mods supporting the idea then it seems as though you are forcing people to stop writing the way they are comfortable. Do not take this post out of context and think I am bitching about bangla. Its just personal preference as some people actually do find it harder to read the bangla alphabets. If you are not one of them then you wont understand. So its better to live and let live. If people find bangla easier then write in pure bangla fonts and if there are some who find writing and reading banglish easier than pure bangla then they should go for that. I never understand the fuss !!!
Totally agree with you.

goru
September 22, 2007, 11:39 AM
And I think some people are also failing to understand some of the counter-points being made by some of the members.

It is quite clear that there are many members on here who can't read Bangla script as easily as they can read Banglish. And some people just cannot read Bangla script, even if they understand spoken Bangla. If I'm going to express my thoughts in Bangla, I might as well make sure most members can read it... by using Banglish (but my first preference is to just write everything in English on BC).

[বাংলা]এটা বাংলা ভাষার সম্মানের প্রশ্ন নয়৷[/বাংলা] It is a question of whether you want to maximize your target audience or not.

Miraz
September 22, 2007, 11:45 AM
[বাংলা]এটা বাংলা ভাষার সম্মানের প্রশ্ন নয়৷[/বাংলা] It is a question of whether you want to maximize your target audience or not.

If maximizing the audience is the prime target, the member is always welcome to write in English.

In that case even the foreign members will understand the post.

goru
September 22, 2007, 11:49 AM
If maximizing the audience is the prime target, the member is always welcome to write in English.

It may not be possible to translate certain expressions in English and maintain the meaning.

"Chilla kaita lobon lagae dimu" in English will seem... silly.

Miraz
September 22, 2007, 11:57 AM
It may not be possible to translate certain expressions in English and maintain the meaning.

"Chilla kaita lobon lagae dimu" in English will seem... silly.

These are rare exceptions, you can defnitely argue with these, but please don't tell me people are using "banglish" for these reasons.

"omok ekta balod kimba tomok ekta gadha" is just one of the most common forms of "banglish" used in BC.

layperson
September 22, 2007, 11:59 AM

There are stuff that can be expressed only in Bangla which is why people use Banglish sometimes. The essence of the post might get lost when you write the same thoughts in english.

However I do not write banglish to reach a greater audience and it is done simply because I find it more convenient nothing more nothing less. This has nothing to do with respecting Bangla language or showing disrespect to the language because I know for sure that it is not the intention of the people who write banglish. From my comprehension of your bangla post ( or at least from the last paragraph), it seems like Miraz bhai too is echoing the sentiment, "it is either my way or the highway " which is disappointing and absurd coming from someone like you who I respect a lot.
Mone hochche Bangla cricket er unwritten rule apnar mathay o grill in kora hoye geche.

I call this "til k tal banano". We are making a non issue seeem like a huge issue. Once again I would say live and let live and let us not impose our personal preferences on others because then it would be fair call for me to request the people writing in Bangla fonts to stop doing it and write in Banglish or English as I find it very diffcult to read their posts.

Miraz
September 22, 2007, 12:03 PM
From my comprehension of your bangla post ( or at least from the last paragraph), it seems like Miraz bhai too is echoing the sentiment, "it is either my way or the highway " which is disappointing and absurd coming from someone like you who I respect a lot.
Mone hochche Bangla cricket er unwritten rule apnar mathay o grill in kora hoye geche.

Shahriyar, my last paragraph was not only about using "banglish", so drawing inference from the last paragraph will not do justice to my post. :)

Someone couple of posts before mentioned

"Do you guys always use proper spelling of every word when you are chatting with your friends in MSN/Y!/AOL/PAL?" i don't think so. so why sould be a difference in here?I think you get my point now. :)

goru
September 22, 2007, 12:05 PM
Let's go over the three main forms of writing on BC and who CANNOT read them:

Case 1: English written in English
Who can't read this:
- Someone who doesn't read/understand English. I doubt there is even one person signed up on this forum who falls in this criteria.

Case 2: Bangla written in English (Banglish)
Who can't read this:
- Someone who doesn't understand Bangla as spoken.
- Someone who can't read English. Again, I doubt there is even one person signed up on this forum who falls in this criteria.

Case 3: Bangla written in Bangla
Who can't read this:
- Someone who doesn't understand Bangla as spoken.
- Someone who can't read Bangla.
- Someone who does not have the setup for reading Bangla in their browsers.
- Someone who is unable to setup Bangla in their browsers (system restrictions), even if they are willing to.

Megh
September 22, 2007, 12:36 PM
Goru bhai apnar kotha boroi shundorjo lagche. apni id ta goru nileo bhalo kotha bolche. jobbor lagche. jakkas. Sorry that i used banglish here.

Spitfire_x86
September 22, 2007, 12:41 PM
Spitfire_x86,

Singling me out is not appreciated, then again, I don't think you were looking for my appreciation when you unnecessarily brought me up not once, but twice. MODs, I fail to see this as anything but uddeshshomulok. Whatever that uddeshsho maybe, this type of thought-policing is not welcome to this member. IMHO, we are better off exercising our individual freedoms as forum members, within existing forum rules, and without this type of singling out.

Ami ekhane kono forum-rules bhongo kaurechhi bole mone hoyna. Amra paurom shoubhaggokrome ekti Orwellian jaugote baushobash korina. Ami bujhte parchhina ekhane amar namta nebar ki proyojonta chhilo, authoba ebhabe amar pechhone lagbar ki karon thakte pare.

Nijer chaurkay tel deyatai bodhoy uttom. Nijer forum-o khola jay.

Peace, Sohel
Please accept my apologies if I have offended you. Probably I should have PM'ed you first, and then brought up the topic in public. I singled you out only because you are one of the best contributors of this forum, and without doubt the most active at this moment. In my personal opinion, your well written posts could be even better with use of Bangla fonts.

Just for example, it took around 3-5 seconds for me to understand "shoubhaggokrome", but if it was written as [বাংলা]সৌভ্যাগ্যক্রমে[/বাংলা] I could understand it instantly. And there are many members like me who find reading proper Bangla far easier, especially in case of long posts (or sentences).

BTW, you don't have to quote forum rules. I'm well aware that no one is required to use proper Bangla, and not asking for any new rules to be made for enforcing what I think is right.

Megh
September 22, 2007, 12:47 PM
totally worthless fighting over here guys. do whatever you want. write how you do feel comfortable. if management thinks i am doing any wrong stuff and doing something what can ruin the forum reputation then let me be banned.

Bhai doya koira amare bolen eta koi jon maina nibo je ami aikhane ashlam cricket niya kotha koite ar eita r jonno amare unicode, avro keyboard install korte hoite hoibo. bhai ami korte pari kintu bhai ami forum e ashbo, moja korbo, enjoy korbo ar mon khule post korbo. apnara jodi hoi bangla or english diye post korte hobe emon kono rule kore den. tahole user ra sign up korar shomoy dekhe decision nibe member hobe ki hobe na. hajar hajar members der majhe akhon apni koi jon ke thik korte parben eta bheve dekhen? koto jon kei ba bhujaite parben? jai hok bohal tobiyote thaken sobai ei kamona kori.

Miraz
September 22, 2007, 12:52 PM
totally worthless fighting over here guys. do whatever you want. write how you do feel comfortable. if management thinks i am doing any wrong stuff and doing something what can ruin the forum reputation then let me be banned.

Bhai doya koira amare bolen eta koi jon maina nibo je ami aikhane ashlam cricket niya kotha koite ar eita r jonno amare unicode, avro keyboard install korte hoite hoibo. bhai ami korte pari kintu bhai ami forum e ashbo, moja korbo, enjoy korbo ar mon khule post korbo. apnara jodi hoi bangla or english diye post korte hobe emon kono rule kore den. tahole user ra sign up korar shomoy dekhe decision nibe member hobe ki hobe na. hajar hajar members der majhe akhon apni koi jon ke thik korte parben eta bheve dekhen? koto jon kei ba bhujaite parben? jai hok bohal tobiyote thaken sobai ei kamona kori.

Megh,
We are trying to encourage members to use proper "Bangla", but defnitely "banglish" is accepted here.

However, use of chat language is not welcome here. :)

goru
September 22, 2007, 12:54 PM
I do think Spitty has a valid point in saying that it is easier for those of us who can read Bangla script to read Bangla in it rather than in Banglish. However, I don't think we should deprive those who can't read Bangla script (but can understand it as spoken) of our Bangla posts.

ammark
September 22, 2007, 01:17 PM
I'm glad that none of us here are promoting Banglish of the form:

"like, ami pa dhuchhilam, ar idiot meyeta wouldnt stop staring at me! :rolleyes:"

Nasif
September 22, 2007, 01:28 PM
Remember that typing in proper Bangla ensures that people will be able to google your text. I don't think anyone will search in google for "rajniti" rather [বাংলা]রাজনীতি (http://www.google.com/search?q=রাজনীতি)[/বাংলা]. Banglish makes your post get "lost in time", it is particularly unfortunate if that post was very informative.

One other problem I have with banglish is that it doesn't have any standard transliteration or spelling scheme. Everyone uses their own way. Someone can type [বাংলা]প্রিয়[/বাংলা] as priyo or prio; [বাংলা]রাজনীতি[/বাংলা] can be typed like rajniti or rajneeti or rajneety or raajniti or razniti or raazneeti or rujniti or rujnity or....never ending list. It makes my read very unpleasant.

Forum rules don't restrict anyone from posting in Banglish. Only regulation that we have is that post must be either in English or Bangla; as thats the two languages understood by the majority of us here; as well as the moderators. We cannot force anyone not to use banglish.

When we implemented Bangla in this forum (this is one of the first site, rather the first site, on the net to implement direct Bangla usage); it was for making the forum more useful, resourceful as well as to make our national language as good a medium as English on BanglaCricket. It is a matter of pride as well.

In the end it is all about how useful and informative you want to make your post. Remember, every post is a piece of history. Many years from now, someone will read this from a google search result. Are you sure your post can be found?

al Furqaan
September 22, 2007, 02:23 PM
i have to echo tigerpower and rubu here:

i think a minimal level of banglish should be allowed as many members (the 2nd generation immigrants) do not know how to read or write bangla even though they may speak/understand it well enough.

also i find that "algebra english" annoying to the nth degree. there is no excuse for that. he who writes "waz up M4n?" can easily write it properly. but those people like me, have to rely on banglish to express certain phrases.

goru
September 22, 2007, 02:28 PM
I personally wouldn't attach too much historic value to 99% of the posts on BC... however, while we are on the topic of pride, why aren't the articles (match bulletins, etc) on BC's main page written in both English and Bangla?

Miraz
September 22, 2007, 02:34 PM
I personally wouldn't attach too much historic value to 99% of the posts on BC... however, while we are on the topic of pride, why aren't the articles (match bulletins, etc) on BC's main page written in both English and Bangla?

We use both Bangla and English for articles while match bulletins are written only in English.

You are digressing here, it's "banglish" vs "Bangla", not English vs Bangla or vice versa.

goru
September 22, 2007, 02:46 PM
You are digressing here, it's "banglish" vs "Bangla", not English vs Bangla or vice versa.

It was triggered by Nasif saying:

...as well as to make our national language as good a medium as English on BanglaCricket. It is a matter of pride as well.

If that's what you really believe in, then main page bulletins should have Bangla translations posted as well.

Arnab
September 22, 2007, 04:15 PM

If that's what you really believe in, then main page bulletins should have Bangla translations posted as well.

We believe in it, but we don't have full time English-to-Bengali translators. It's more of a question of manpower than belief. If we had a dedicated few to provide Bengali translations of our match bulletins, we would provide those in a heartbeat.

goru
September 22, 2007, 04:19 PM
We believe in it, but we don't have full time English-to-Bengali translators. It's more of a question of manpower than belief. If we had a dedicated few to provide Bengali translations of our match bulletins, we would provide those in a heartbeat.

Well, I'd love to do it myself, if permitted... (i.e. not write match bulletins, but translations of them). I could post them in the forum thread about the bulletin if it needs to be preapproved?

Arnab
September 22, 2007, 04:31 PM
Well, I'd love to do it myself, if permitted... (i.e. not write match bulletins, but translations of them). I could post them in the forum thread about the bulletin if it needs to be preapproved?

It would be great. If you are serious, we can make you a staff writer and hook you up with Miraz.

kp348
September 22, 2007, 07:12 PM
[বাংলা]ফর এ চেঞ্জ, হোয়াট এবাউট রাইটিং ইংলিশ ইউজিং বাংলা ফন্ট, কুল হাহ![/বাংলা]

goru
September 22, 2007, 07:18 PM

Hah! I've been rereading a lot of Feluda books recently, and there's quite a bit of this in those...

Nasif
September 22, 2007, 08:36 PM

I never said its a 50/50 deal with everything on the site. We just put the infrastructure there so that we can have Bangla writings as well as English. Its quite easy to pick on the issue, but I guess you know what I really meant when I said its a matter of pride.

As Arnab said if we had the manpower we would not think twice to publish Bangla side by side with English.

nobody
September 22, 2007, 11:50 PM
I have trouble reading banglish as well as Algebric English. I understand people like Al Furkan who can not read bengali to write in Banglish but not from someone (for example Miraz, though he never did) who can read and write in Bangla. Lazyness and feeling uncomfortable can not be an excuse. If that is the case why not use English. Similarly for algebric english, please understand this is not a chat room. There are senior citizen like us (who are over 30) who do not understand a single line . This is not policing but i would rather say to let users understand we could not communicate with you.

GuruTM
September 23, 2007, 01:46 AM
How about a little sub-forum for banglish writers. Like kids corner or something simillar like that. There are a lot of those kind of posters here in BC. It would be very interesting to see which match threads gets most replies. The Bangladesh cricket match thread or the kids corner match thread. Or should there be only one match thread which would only be in Bangladesh cricket section. MODs put your thinking caps on.

On a side note that sub-forum should have zero tolerance on anything over G rated. Also, that forum should have less moderation. Anyway i will leave this to the forum management.

RazabQ
September 23, 2007, 02:01 AM
As myself:
At the risk of pissing off a number of people, why can't some of you read or write Bangla? Let me elaborate. We are all here to support the Bangladesh cricket. This implies (except for non Bengali members) that we have a strong affinity for our [বাংলা]বাংলা[/বাংলা] ancestry and by extension culture. And this to me is a wonderful thing. Our culture and heritage is one of the richest in the world and seriously, and this applies to some of our younger members, if you can't at least read Bengali, you are missing out on sooooo much!!! So I urge you to learn.

WRT your computer displaying Bangla, you should install Bangla fonts not just for BC but to read all sorts of other stuff. Did you know that the entire works of some the our literary giants are available online? Try http://bengalionline.net/ And then there are all these cricket articles written in Bangla newspapers and magazines. So installing Bangla fonts is a good idea no matter what ...

Finally romanized Bangla. I used to do this. And then Indic IME came along. Now I continue to type in romanized Bangla (aka Banglish) and it automatically becomes proper [বাংলা]বাংলা[/বাংলা]. For example, if I write "tumi" it converts to [বাংলা]তুমি[/বাংলা] whenever I turn on Indic IME. So Sohel, be a dear and install this thing - you won't feel a thing. I promise :)

Antora
September 23, 2007, 02:57 AM
Antora, sometimes passion can make the way to overcome difficulties of learning process.

I am sure if you don't use "banglish" you will learn to read "bangla" to understand some classic posts of BC. :)

if you are not convinced, search posts of "babubangla" bhai and you will agree with me.

i do know how to read bangla
it just takes some time and the small fonts make it harder.
so for me its easier if people use banglish!:)

Luvlee_nik
September 23, 2007, 03:55 AM

this is true...i've started to learn bangla but it takes me probably ages to read 1 line and i sumtimes have to read it again cos i fprget what i just wrpte :P lol.

Antora
September 23, 2007, 04:05 AM
this is true...i've started to learn bangla but it takes me probably ages to read 1 line and i sumtimes have to read it again cos i fprget what i just wrpte :P lol.

omg!!! nikita is back!!! woot woot!!!!!

cricket_king
September 23, 2007, 04:14 AM
Who cares what language we speak, as long as we're all here discussing the many failures and few successes of our beloved Bangladesh team together. Cricket has several languages, and many people who aren't Bengali also visit this forum, so why not just write in a language everyone can understand?

Alien
September 23, 2007, 04:19 AM
I got some discrepancies which sums down to 3 points.

1) Many people here can't read bangla. I can read it but not as good as English takes me twice as long to go through a sentence than English. Besides my spelling is terrible and I will make a joke out of my self with spelling.

2) Sure Banglish looks messy but people like me and few others have no other choice.

3) Writing the articles in Bengali will make it readable to possibly 40 percent of the people who visit this site. That excludes many of the Bangladeshi posters as well.

4) Shouldn't this thread be in Forget cricket?

Foozy
September 23, 2007, 04:19 AM
This message is to the admins,
I seriously feel as if some people are harassing others here and any one might be the next victim!
Simple members in this forum are harassing others in the same position by making up rules and picking on others! There is even a post here asking others not to read a certain type of post written by others. It even suggests that certain users leave the forum!
The person or people saying these things are not admins, and this is seriously offensive and abusive! Please do something about this because this is injustice to many and is abuse and humiliation to others.
I hope you get my point straight. I did not want to beat around the bush as it is simply frustrating to see such posts and threads around!
-Thanks
P.S. I feel the use of bangla or banglish or english is just an independent decision. As is reading a certain type of script. It is none of another persons business to instruct the other! Ami doa kori jai amader bangali bhaiyera ar bonera nijeder moddhe aro unity pai, ar ekjon arekjonke "khochano" bondho korai!:)

Antora
September 23, 2007, 04:23 AM
I got some discrepancies which sums down to 3 points.

1) Many people here can't read bangla. I can read it but not as good as English takes me twice as long to go through a sentence than English. Besides my spelling is terrible and I will make a joke out of my self with spelling.
2) Sure Banglish looks messy but people like me and few others have no other choice.

3) Shouldn't this thread be in Forget cricket?

hehe..i cant spell in bangla either...my cousine who is in like grade 2 can spell better than me :(...i feel like a looser :(

cricket_king
September 23, 2007, 04:50 AM
hehe..i cant spell in bangla either...my cousine who is in like grade 2 can spell better than me :(...i feel like a looser :(

Not too good at spelling english either eh? :-p ;)

Sumon77
September 23, 2007, 05:18 AM
My feelings is: It should be left to individuals to decide how he/she writes. I dont find it that much of an issue as very few are writing a long post in Banglish. Most of the time its one liner type to show our true expressions. Those who writes a long serious posts already writing in Bangla. Those who are advising to learn reading Bangla script should understand that its not that easy. Even writing in Bangla takes longer time who are not familier with and usually when we write a post we just express our instant feelings which doesnt have that much historical value. Also, as Foozy pointed out, its not nice to ask openly to avoid certain kind of posts, as I find it offensive to certain posters. Its a cricket forum and we are here to have fun together and support our team. lets keep it simple like that.

Antora
September 23, 2007, 06:40 AM
Not too good at spelling english either eh? :-p ;)

gosh sorry for the extra "e" and the extra "o"

Luvlee_nik
September 23, 2007, 07:01 AM
omg!!! nikita is back!!! woot woot!!!!!

thank you. :)

Sohel
September 23, 2007, 07:01 AM
Finally romanized Bangla. I used to do this. And then Indic IME came along. Now I continue to type in romanized Bangla (aka Banglish) and it automatically becomes proper [বাংলা]বাংলা[/বাংলা]. For example, if I write "tumi" it converts to [বাংলা]তুমি[/বাংলা] whenever I turn on Indic IME. So Sohel, be a dear and install this thing - you won't feel a thing. I promise :)

Point taken Razab, and I do appreciate the differentiation between Banglish and the Romanization of Bangla BTW. But please consider the following: -

1) I lived in Bangladesh only for 7 years (age of 6-13) before moving to the US and Europe as a 13YO. I always kept abreast of my culture, identity, refused to have my name Anglicized throughout, but lost touch with the alphabet. Over the years, before our discovery of Avro and what not, many of my cousins and I began to use the Roman alphabet to write each other in Bangla over the Web. The habit stuck. We never used Banglish or gutter Bangla BTW, despite at times the extensive use of our regional/family dialect. Here in BC, Z Bhai and Arnab provided a guide by which I learned to standardize that Romanization to my liking.

2) After moving back to Bangladesh for good in 2002, I do read the Bangla dailies a lot, among other things, but do not pay attention to the subtleties of Bangla spelling as much as I perhaps should. Consequently, despite improvement in my Bangla language skills, my spelling remains atrocious and I am not skilled enough to write anything other than brief comments in Bangla. In spite of being a man of 40, I would like to improve in this area and would make sure that my children do a better job than I have, irrespective of the circumstances in their life.

3) I am not talking about your posts in this thread ... :)

That said, there are issues of freedom of expression and personal choices here, issues that some of the posts in this thread are quite inconsiderate of in light of their absolutist, dictatorial and offensive tone. I for one do not write articles in Bangla for the reasons I've mentioned in this post. We shouldn’t need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows, or a patronizing lecture on "respecting my language or culture" from anybody. The thinly veiled exclusivist attitudes and personal attacks in those posts do not interest me a bit. Neither do the pathetic conviction of vanity and imposition masquerading as debate. That type of crypto-fascist crap fits much better within the filthy and morally corrupt confines of traditional Bangladeshi politics IMHO, not in a forum that prides itself on not offending its members. I have learned to steer clear of the egotistical, jhaugrhate bua attitude of the posts no matter how serene it appears to some. I'm just glad that I don't live in that Orwellian and neurotic world.

Last comment in and about this thread: -

http://img2.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/f1d3ee5470.jpg (http://www.freeimagehosting.net/)

Peace, Sohel.

PS: Thanks for the link BTW.

Fazal
September 23, 2007, 09:35 AM
Sutatar Nam ta Bhul hoyee Gelo Na?

Looks like the thread title should be "Invasion of Banglish Bashers in BC forum."

Keno Bhai prithibitey eto shomosha thaktey hotath korey sobai miley "Banglish" writer-der pichoney laglen keno?

btw why this thread is in Bangladesh Cricket? Why this thread deserve special treatment?

Alien
September 23, 2007, 09:35 AM
That said, there are issues of freedom of expression and personal choices here, issues that some of the posts in this thread are quite inconsiderate of in light of their absolutist, dictatorial and offensive tone. I for one do not write articles in Bangla for the reasons I've mentioned in this post. We shouldn’t need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows, or a patronizing lecture on "respecting my language or culture" from anybody. The thinly veiled exclusivist attitudes and personal attacks in those posts do not interest me a bit. Neither do the pathetic conviction of vanity and imposition masquerading as debate. That type of crypto-fascist crap fits much better within the filthy and morally corrupt confines of traditional Bangladeshi politics IMHO, not in a forum that prides itself on not offending its members. I have learned to steer clear of the egotistical, jhaugrhate bua attitude of the posts no matter how serene it appears to some. I'm just glad that I don't live in that Orwellian and neurotic world.

Mate, your Bengali may be weak but your english vocabulary kicks a$$. Tongue twisting to say the least.

Alien
September 23, 2007, 09:37 AM
Keno Bhai prithibitey eto shomosha thaktey hotath korey sobai miley "Banglish" writer-der pichoney laglen keno?

[বাংলা]মানুষের যে খেয়ে দেয়ে কাম নাই[/বাংলা]

goru
September 23, 2007, 11:17 AM
[বাংলা]মানুষের যে খেয়ে দেয়ে কাম নাই[/বাংলা]

[বাংলা]মোর লাইক স্পিট্টি ইজ ভেরি বোরড দিজ ডেজ...[/বাংলা] JO nai je team-e...

Hatebreed
September 23, 2007, 12:54 PM
[বাংলা]মোর লাইক স্পিট্টি ইজ ভেরি বোরড দিজ ডেজ...[/বাংলা] JO nai je team-e...

[বাংলা]চিন্তার বিষয় কি? কাপালি আছে না![/বাংলা]

Spitfire_x86
September 23, 2007, 12:56 PM
This message is to the admins,
I seriously feel as if some people are harassing others here and any one might be the next victim!
Simple members in this forum are harassing others in the same position by making up rules and picking on others! There is even a post here asking others not to read a certain type of post written by others. It even suggests that certain users leave the forum!
Yes, I hate l33t speak and told others who hate l33t speak to completely ignore them. What's wrong with that? My words are not forum laws. You're acting as if I asked for l33t speakers to be banned.

Funny thing is, I get accused of trying to create "Orwellian World" by some people who are creating their own "newspeak".

Arnab
September 23, 2007, 01:21 PM

[বাংলা]
হা হা! ইট উড বি ইভেন মোর কুল ইফ উই রাইট উইথ অ্যান অজি অ্যাকসেন্ট। হাউ ডু ইউ রেকন, মাইট? অ্যাম আই রঅইট অর অ্যাম আই রঅইট? [/বাংলা]

Foozy
September 23, 2007, 11:35 PM
Yes, I hate l33t speak and told others who hate l33t speak to completely ignore them. What's wrong with that? My words are not forum laws. You're acting as if I asked for l33t speakers to be banned.

Funny thing is, I get accused of trying to create "Orwellian World" by some people who are creating their own "newspeak".

Whats wrong with that is that all you had to say there was that if they didn't like l33t speak then they could ignore it just like you did, but instead you had to add to it that people who spoke l33t speak could leave the forum! Now that is not a suggestion, but a rather rash, unnecessary and disrespectful comment!

BD-Shardul
September 24, 2007, 04:06 AM
[বাংলা]হা হা, আই ক্যান নাউ রাইট বাংলা, থ্যাংস নাসিফ ভাই[/বাংলা]:D:D:D:D

:fire::fire::fire::fire::fire::fire:

Spitfire_x86
September 24, 2007, 06:28 AM
Whats wrong with that is that all you had to say there was that if they didn't like l33t speak then they could ignore it just like you did, but instead you had to add to it that people who spoke l33t speak could leave the forum! Now that is not a suggestion, but a rather rash, unnecessary and disrespectful comment!
Posters who always write all of their posts in l33t speak are equivalent to trolls. And they aren't even funny. Starvation policy is the best way to deal with trolls.

Let's face it. Have you ever seen a meaningful long post written in l33t speak?

Sauron
September 24, 2007, 04:31 PM
[বাংলা] স্পিট-ফায়ার'কে ধন্যবাদ। যদিও অনেকেই স্পিটি'র পোস্ট দেখে খাপ্পা হয়েছে, আমার ধারণা যে আমি স্পিটি'র প্রকৃত উদ্দেশ্য বুঝতে সক্ষম হয়েছি। ওর যন্ত্রনাতেই নতুন নোটবুকে আবার নতুন করে অভ্র ইন্সটল করলাম। এই যন্ত্রনা উৎপাদনের জন্যই স্পিটি'কে ধন্যবাদ। এর প্রয়োজন ছিলো।

সোহেল বা তার মতো অন্য যারা বাংলা ভালোই পারে, তারা যদি একটু কষ্ট করে অভ্র ব্যবহার শুরু করেন, তাহলে কিন্তু খারাপ হয় না। আমি বাংলাটা ইংরেজী'র চেয়ে একটু ভালো পারি ... অথবা হয়তো এভাবে বলা উচিত - আমার বাংলাটা ইংরেজী'র মতো অতোটা পচা নয়। তারপরেও আমারো বেশ ভালোই সময় লাগে বাংলায় টাইপ করতে ... অনেক সময়ে হয়তো শেষের দিকে ভুলেও যাই কি দিয়ে শুরু করেছিলাম ... আবার শুরু থেকে পড়ে মনে করতে হয়। কিন্তু পোস্ট করার পর দেখতে খুবই আনন্দ হয়। বাংলিশে সব সময়ে না লিখে মাঝে মাঝে নিখাঁদ বাংলায় চেষ্টা করি তাই।

আর ধ্রূব বা তার মতো যারা বাংলা পড়তে জানে না কিন্তু শুনলে বুঝতে পারে, ওরা যে বাংলিশে লিখছে তাতেই আমি খুশী। এবং আমার বিশ্বাস যে স্পিটি তাদের কথা মনে করে এই থ্রেড খোলেনি।

আমি জানি যে এখানে সবাই একমত - বাংলায় লেখা সবচেয়ে আনন্দকর - পাঠক, লেখক সবার জন্য। বাংলিশে লেখা মন্দের ভালো ... কিন্ত খারাপ নয়।

কিন্তু ফুজি বাবাজি'র মতো যারা প্রতিবাদের সুর তুলেছেন, তাদের কে আমি বিনীত ভাবে অফ যাওয়ার অনুরোধ জানাচ্ছি। এছাড়া এটাও বলবো যে এই সব টিনেজ স্পিক খুবই বিরক্তিকর।

[/বাংলা]

Tigers_eye
September 24, 2007, 04:59 PM
For specific reason I was quiet for few days and will continue to do so. However, I must voice my opinion here.

1. What is the meaning of Troll? (I am an ignorant fool. Please enlighten me.)

2. One may have issues in installing softwares on company/govt. pc. Are they not welcome to post bangla words using English alphabets? There may be several other cases that one can not install the fonts not that they don't want or lazy but they can't.

3. Patience is something we all lack. Be it our players or we, the veteran posters. I was a vocal piece here when this SMS/Text messaging started. Only because I was concerned for them that they would face a hard time in school (online or ground) writing papers in proper English. Since then my stance has changed. Let us be patient towards these posts and not vent our anger. Afterall, this is the month of Ramadan.

Miraz
September 24, 2007, 05:25 PM
For specific reason I was quiet for few days and will continue to do so.

T_E bhai, please don't be quiet. You are depriving us and you shouldn't do it.

Nasif
September 24, 2007, 05:54 PM
I think everyone is missing a point. There is no rule in BC that says you can't post in Banglish.

It started as an honest request. Thats about it. We aren't forcing anyone, rather asking/requesting if possible to post in Bangla instead of Banglish. If not, thats alright too. The message is quite clear, real Bangla is what we prefer when it comes down to Bangla or Banglish.

2. One may have issues in installing softwares on company/govt. pc. Are they not welcome to post bangla words using English alphabets? There may be several other cases that one can not install the fonts not that they don't want or lazy but they can't.

We will be installing a Javascript client, that will let you type phonetic Bangla without installing Avro or other interface right from your browser. You won't have to install anything. It should work in all browsers.

nobody
September 25, 2007, 12:34 AM
both for and againest missing a point.
what is the point of posting; i think to communicate with fellow Cricket follower. If you write in Banglish and I can not read or understand (for example Spitty's post on Sohel NR) then whole point of posting is missing. Same goes for SMS/ algebric english. some of the second generation bangladeshi foreign citizen may claim that I could not read Bangla ( i am not talking typing bangla, because with Avro Banglish typing and bangla typing is same). Then there is problem. But this problem also stand for DJ, Xavier and other foreign poster. so should we translate all. In many cases it has been done. but for banglish or algebric (I like the term by Rubu) it was never done. only solution may be stick in English which became the universal language. I would urge all the poster who post in banglish to post in english to communicate with everyone otherwise just install avro. dont worry about spelling and grammer.

Spitfire_x86
September 25, 2007, 06:33 AM
1. What is the meaning of Troll?
http://redwing.hutman.net/~mreed/warriorshtm/troller.htm
Urban Dictionary (http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=troll)
Wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_troll)

Tigers_eye
September 25, 2007, 09:35 AM
Hello Spitty,
Thank you for providing the links to the meaning of "Trolls".
Posters who always write all of their posts in l33t speak are equivalent to trolls. And they aren't even funny. Starvation policy is the best way to deal with trolls.

Let's face it. Have you ever seen a meaningful long post written in l33t speak?
You are wrong in making a judgment on SMS/Text message posters as "Trolls". May be it is not funny to you or me but by any means they can not be compared to "Trolls" with the definitions you provided. This is as big an offense as name calling which violates forum rules. Treat people as you want to be treated even if you don't like their writing.

Comparing them to Trolls or treating them as trolls would not change their habits. Know this, in real world SMS/Text messaging is here to stay. Does not matter if we like it or not.

As for Benglish: Thanks Nasif for good news. Let us know when you do that Java thingi. I am all for encouraging people using Bangla font. Especially our next generations who live overseas.

Spitfire_x86
September 25, 2007, 09:51 AM
Yes, they are not troll by definition, but they are equally annoying (maybe I should add "in my personal opinion").

SMS style writing should remain limited to SMS, for which it can be actually useful and not so annoying due to short length of the message. I can safely bet that almost every post in this forum is typed with a computer keyboard, not with a smartphone. Unless you're writing a very short post, l33k speak and plain English will require nearly same time to type with a computer keyboard.

Tigers_eye
September 25, 2007, 10:04 AM
Yes, they are not troll by definition, but they are equally annoying (maybe I should add "in my personal opinion").
absolutely should.

SMS style writing should remain limited to SMS, for which it can be actually useful and not so annoying due to short length of the message. I can safely bet that almost every post in this forum is typed with a computer keyboard, not with a smartphone. Unless you're writing a very short post, l33k speak and plain English will require nearly same time to type with a computer keyboard.
A very valid point. A much toned down way on persuading members to see the light. Agreed 110%.

Let me add to that: (To whom it may concern)
When we type somethings in forums, we want our views to be heard/understood by others. If the majority dislike/oppose to a form of writing then the posts (sms/text messaging) will be ignored and the message would not be viewed or conveyed. I humbly request to the new menbers who often use sms type writing for the entire post, think of the readers convenience before your own convinience.

Nocturnal
September 25, 2007, 06:26 PM
We will be installing a Javascript client, that will let you type phonetic Bangla without installing Avro or other interface right from your browser. You won't have to install anything. It should work in all browsers.

[বাংলা]খুবই ভাল হয় :), অন্য বাংলা ব্লগ গুলাতে এইরকম ফোনেটিক সাহায্য সহ বাংলা ভার্চুয়াল কিবোর্ড আছে।[/বাংলা]

Sauron
September 25, 2007, 06:47 PM

Awesome idea. This will definitely encourage more people.

GuruTM
September 26, 2007, 12:09 AM
[বাংলা]
এখানে অনেকেই একটা জিনিস ভুলে গেছেন। আমি আজ পর্যন্ত একটা বাংলা পোস্ট মডারেটরদের কোপে পড়েছে, দেখিনি। দুঃখিত, বাংলায় পোস্ট করে মডারেটরদের ফাকি দেয়ার ব্যাপারটা আর বোধহয় সিক্রেট রাখতে পারলাম না।
[/বাংলা]

GuruTM
September 26, 2007, 12:25 AM
[বাংলা]
একটা প্রশ্ন, কেউ কি বলতে পারেন কে প্রথম বাংলাক্রিকেটে বাংলা সূতা খুলেছে? অফিসিয়াল হোক আর আনঅফিসিয়াল, বাংলা ফন্ট দিয়ে হোক আর যেভাবে হোক, প্রথম বাংলা সূতা কে খুলেছে? খুক, খুক।
[/বাংলা]

Nocturnal
September 26, 2007, 01:44 AM
[বাংলা]
একটা প্রশ্ন, কেউ কি বলতে পারেন কে প্রথম বাংলাক্রিকেটে বাংলা সূতা খুলেছে? অফিসিয়াল হোক আর আনঅফিসিয়াল, বাংলা ফন্ট দিয়ে হোক আর যেভাবে হোক, প্রথম বাংলা সূতা কে খুলেছে? খুক, খুক।
[/বাংলা]

[বাংলা]বাংলাক্রিকেটের ইতিহাস ঘাটিয়া এইমাএ জানা গেল- বাংলাক্রিকেটে প্রথম বাংলা সূতা খুলেছে- অর্ফি, তারিখ- ফেব্রুয়ারী ৫, ২০০৬ :)
লিংক (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/showthread.php?t=14221)[/বাংলা]

GuruTM
September 29, 2007, 12:29 AM
[বাংলা]বাংলাক্রিকেটের ইতিহাস ঘাটিয়া এইমাএ জানা গেল- বাংলাক্রিকেটে প্রথম বাংলা সূতা খুলেছে- অর্ফি, তারিখ- ফেব্রুয়ারী ৫, ২০০৬ :)
লিংক (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/showthread.php?t=14221)[/বাংলা]

[বাংলা]আরেকটা [/বাংলা]<A href="http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/showthread.php?t=13555" target=_blank>[বাংলা]লিংক।[/বাংলা] (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/showthread.php?t=13555</a>)[বাংলা] ইহা প্রকাশিত হইয়াছিল ডিসেম্বর ৫, ২০০৫ সালে। রাত্র ১১ টা ৫৫ ঘটিকায়। যতদুর স্মরণ পরে ইহা বাংলাক্রিকেটে বাংলা প্রচলিত হইবারও পূর্বের ঘটনা।[/বাংলা]

Ahmed_B
September 29, 2007, 08:50 AM
Some useful links to Bangla-related threads:

BanglaCricket Adopts Unicode Bangla (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/showthread.php?t=14209)

Bangla Juktobarno Support (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/showthread.php?t=14247)