PDA

View Full Version : Bulbul leaving for Australia

Mahmood
October 15, 2003, 05:04 PM
I am not sure if this is ture.

Bhorer Kagoj reports, Bulbul signed with Ivanhoe (spelling?) Cricket Club in Victoria Premier League to play for them 2 years. Also his family is moving with him.

If this is true, what happens to his selector job? Then again, his goal is to become a batting coach, this might be the right opportunity.

Tehsin
October 15, 2003, 10:18 PM
If he got this opportunity, he should take it. I read that interview and sounded like the man has a plan. After Nannu's cricket academy, Athar's commentary job, we have Bulbul's becoming a certified coach. Definitely good news for our cricket.

fwullah
October 15, 2003, 10:33 PM
If Bulbul's plan is to be a coach then that's fine (I am also proud that he will be playing in one Australian team - if he could do it earlier - then we might have a much better batsman on our hands then; anyway - his playing in Australia means that he can be the third man in helping other young Bangladeshi players out in giving them an opporunity to play in England / Australia in the future).

But I was hoping that he could be a good English Commentator - Nannu is not going to commentating area - not in English anyway, Akram we know is not a good speaker either (mostly English) - only Bulbul is the guy among his generation of players who can speak English better than average to take up commentating job.

rafiq
October 15, 2003, 11:27 PM
Fahmida, I think you should apply for the commentator's job. Bangladesh needs a competent female commentator who knows the game. Even if you don't know the game you'll be better than the lot out there. Go ahead and apply - I'm totally serious.

mona
October 16, 2003, 03:54 AM
i'm telling you guys. he's going to sell cha at Kmart in Sydney. you'll hear about it soon enough.

Hasib
October 16, 2003, 05:24 AM
How is he going to sell cha at Kmart... they don't even sell cha... mind you I never looked for cha in Kmart... only at Woolworths and Coles.

Nasif
October 16, 2003, 09:19 AM
KMart here in US doesn't have cha either. :D

Why does he have to sell cha? He can sell other stuff too... like paani and soda :P