PDA

View Full Version : New7Wonders - Not Cricket Related

Ockey
September 25, 2007, 01:57 PM
Hey Guys,

Those of you who have facebook, please visit the following group:

" New7Wonders of Nature : A Great Opportunity for Bangladesh!" (http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2462651772)

There is a movement to make the Sundarbans and Cox's Bazar part of the new 7 natural wonders of the world.

For those of you who don't have facebook, just go to: http://www.natural7wonders.com

If you do decide to submit your nomination then nominate the two places in Bangladesh as follows:

Nominee ----- Category ----- Country
-------------------------------------------------------
Cox's Bazar ----- Coastline, Cliff ----- Bangladesh
Sundarbans ----- Forest, Wood ----- Bangladesh

Kana-Baba
September 25, 2007, 02:26 PM
I love my country , no doubt.... but can you justify why on earth bangladesh should be considered for 7 wonder of the world?

Kabir
September 25, 2007, 03:21 PM
I love my country , no doubt.... but can you justify why on earth bangladesh should be considered for 7 wonder of the world?

Population? :D

Rubu
September 25, 2007, 03:46 PM
For several reason:

<li>Its the only country of the world where dustbins are clean and roads are dirty.
<li>Only spectacular sea beach of the world that does not attack foreign tourist.
<li>Only place where varsities closes because of a tournament where the country is not even competing.
<li>Only gov that refuses submarine cable connection on the basis of secret information being transfered.

well the list goes on and on ......

zahid
September 25, 2007, 04:22 PM
Koyekdin porpor 7 wonders Thread dekhi ken?

akabir77
September 25, 2007, 04:46 PM
Koyekdin porpor 7 wonders Thread dekhi ken?

oitao jey arek wonder...

Kabir
September 25, 2007, 09:10 PM
Its the only country of the world where dustbins are clean and roads are dirty.

Cracked me up :floor: :floor: :floor:

Sohel
September 26, 2007, 06:17 AM
1. Bangladesh is the most densely populated country in the world with absurdly high unemployment and underemployment, systematic injustice and exploitation of the poor, and material discrepancy between the "haves" and the "have-nots". Any other nation in the world, there will be riots every day, especially in Dhaka, a city of 20 million planned for only 2 at most, with 60-65% real (not including Government jobs) unemployment and underemployment. The marginalized people of Bangladesh are not stupid, but cultivate the sort of nobility beyond the grasp of the more privileged classes.

2. Bangladesh is a Muslim majority country of devout Muslims who continue to reject Islamo-fascism and all the political, anti-pluralist and ultimately blasphemous, imposition of Islam at the polls. The current Islamic parties will NEVER get more than 20 seats in the parliament. The exclusionary and anti-constitutional Bangladeshi Wahabi with all their filthy money - in all of their different forms - better move to Pakistan to become politically more viable.

3. Bangladesh has managed the most non-violent, efficient and constitutional reversal of chronic political and institutional corruption in the history of the world.

4. Bangladesh is the only (mostly) river delta nation with more rivers and tributaries than any other nation its size.

5. Lalon Shai and the Bagla language. More songs have been written in Bangla than any another language in the world, just look at Momtaz's 8,000 plus ALBUMS.

Bancan
September 26, 2007, 12:21 PM
3. Bangladesh has managed the most non-violent, efficient and constitutional reversal of chronic political and institutional corruption in the history of the world.

Can you tell me more about this?

Kabir
September 26, 2007, 08:06 PM
5. Lalon Shai and the Bagla language. More songs have been written in Bangla than any another language in the world, just look at Momtaz's 8,000 plus ALBUMS.

Bhai...baki gula to bujhlam, but Momtaz er 8000 album natural kemne hoilo? :)

At the risk of starting a big debate on it, quality is more important than quantity. In Momtaz's case, it is quite evident and noticeable (even though she's got a few songs that I can't stop listening) :)