PDA

View Full Version : Andrew Miller

Hasib
October 15, 2003, 08:36 AM
Has this guy managed to say anything good about Bangladesh?!!!

http://www-aus.cricket.org/link_to_database/ARCHIVE/CRICKET_NEWS/2003/OCT/358951_CI_15OCT2003.html

oracle
October 15, 2003, 10:03 AM
I confess I had a go at his articles earlier and from now on I will give him the benefit of the doubt.
However, I sense that his "travel narratives" are getting better, perhaps by the time he leaves he will appreciate more of Bangladesh and that which resides beneath the surface will capture his heart. Not what lies in front of him.

So the only problem I had with this piece was the "vivid" account of the rickshaw puller's, i.e Abdul's teeth. This could have been edited out. Anyone spending 26 years as a Rpuller deserves utmost respect as a human being doing his job.

;)

fwullah
October 15, 2003, 10:45 AM
I don't know if he has changed his way of writing over the years or not, if it hasn't, then we have to thank this guy for writing the way he writes about Bangladesh - exactly (2003 - 1979 =) 24 years ago.

So there are some values in his words - no matter if we like it or not.

I don't if I see it this way because of being a former BBA student (and a bit ignorant about true marketing - only did one marketing course in my BBA), but this is what I think - the Fantasy Kingdom that he went - and later wrote about it - it was a tremendous boost for marketing of the Fantasy Kingdom - especially to foreigners - no matter how badly he had put it.

Next time when a cricket fan or a tourist comes to Bangladesh, and he is from a test playing country, then he will surely find a moment to go to Fantasy Kingdom.

fwullah
October 15, 2003, 10:55 AM
Let me ask you one thing - when you move in a rickshaw in Dhaka city, do you or do your rickshawpuller asks you if you're married? :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Moha Moha Byapar! :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

fab
October 15, 2003, 06:19 PM
SOURCE (http://www-aus.cricket.org/link_to_database/ARCHIVE/CRICKET_NEWS/2003/OCT/359342_CI_15OCT2003.html)

Another nice (and amusing) article by Andrew Miller

fab
October 15, 2003, 06:24 PM
Originally posted by fwullah
Let me ask you one thing - when you move in a rickshaw in Dhaka city, do you or do your rickshawpuller asks you if you're married? :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Moha Moha Byapar! :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

hmmm perhaps it was because he was a foreigner? You know how inquisitive we Bangalies are :)