PDA

View Full Version : TRIVIA-How Smart R u?

Nawreen93
September 28, 2007, 05:02 PM
Hi ppls!!! i'm like really bored right now so i thought, y not start a thread.the only topic i could think of is a general knowledge questions.ok so the rules r simple.i'll be the first one to ask the question.then if u have an answer,u may post it.the person that posted the answer will have to come up with a new question.get it?

Q- How many birthdays does an average man have?

Omio
September 28, 2007, 05:58 PM

Q- eta kon dhoroner khela?

Dhruvo
September 28, 2007, 06:02 PM
errr 60 ?

Bancan
September 28, 2007, 06:04 PM
Average person has one birthday. All the rest are the anniversaries of his birth day.

Nawreen93
September 28, 2007, 07:06 PM
yyayy!! correct!! one is correct.

Antora
September 28, 2007, 07:06 PM
whats the next question?

Nawreen93
September 28, 2007, 07:08 PM

Q- eta kon dhoroner khela?

surfing..duh!!!

Nawreen93
September 28, 2007, 07:09 PM
wat is the longest word in the english grammar?

Antora
September 28, 2007, 07:12 PM

oh ive heard this some where before..ummm..is it.....alphabet?:confused::confused:

Nawreen93
September 28, 2007, 07:13 PM
lol no!!!

Antora
September 28, 2007, 07:20 PM
errr 60 ?

hahaha awwwwwww lol

Nawreen93
September 28, 2007, 07:22 PM
it's methionylglutaminylarginyltyrosylglutamylserylleuc ylphenylalanylalanyl....it's 1,909 letters.i'm 2 lazy 2 type all of it.that's just the first few letters.

it is the term for the formula C1289H2051N3430375S8. It is a Tryptophan synthetase A protein,an enzyme that has 267 amino acids.

Omio
September 28, 2007, 07:23 PM
antidisestablishmentarianism

Antora
September 28, 2007, 07:29 PM
7 months of the year have 31 days, how many have 28?

Nawreen93
September 28, 2007, 07:30 PM
all of them have 28 days

Nawreen93
September 28, 2007, 07:33 PM
A famer has 17 sheep and all but 9 die.how many r left?

Antora
September 28, 2007, 07:34 PM
9 sheep are left

Rommel
September 28, 2007, 07:34 PM
I know I didn't answer the question but I really like this question:
How do you get 15 cents with 2 coins if one of the coins isn't a nickel?

Hatebreed
September 28, 2007, 07:37 PM
http://img227.imageshack.us/img227/4967/spartaeh8gz5.jpg

Nawreen93
9 sheep are left

correct

Omio
A famer has 17 sheep and all but 9 die.how many r left?

Antora
September 28, 2007, 07:38 PM
correct

woot woot!! go me!!!

ialbd
September 28, 2007, 07:39 PM
antidisestablishmentarianism

i thoughts it was FloccinauciNihilipilification [had to google the spelling]

Nawreen93
September 28, 2007, 07:45 PM
I know I didn't answer the question but I really like this question:
How do you get 15 cents with 2 coins if one of the coins isn't a nickel?

with a dime n a nickel.u said one isn't a nickel.one is a dime,it's not a nickel.am i right?:smug:

Nawreen93
September 28, 2007, 07:49 PM
floccinaucinihilipilification and antidisestablishmentarianism are both big words in the english grammar but the one i just posted is the largest one.

Nawreen93
September 28, 2007, 08:04 PM
here's an easy one:

millions of years ago, all 7 continents were joined into one huge super continent.what was it called?

ammark
September 29, 2007, 04:23 AM
boring!

Sohel
September 29, 2007, 06:42 AM
here's an easy one:

millions of years ago, all 7 continents were joined into one huge super continent.what was it called?

Pangaea or Pangea (παν, pan, meaning entire, and γαια, gaia, meaning Earth in Ancient Greek) was the supercontinent that existed during the Paleozoic and Mesozoic eras about 250 million years ago, before each of the component continents were separated into their current configuration.

The name was first used by the German originator of the continental drift theory, Alfred Wegener, in the 1920 edition of his book The Origin of Continents and Oceans (Die Entstehung der Kontinente und Ozeane), in which a postulated supercontinent Pangaea played a key role.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/8e/Pangea_animation_03.gif

link:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pangea

La proxima?

Dhruvo
September 29, 2007, 08:13 AM
here's an easy one:

oh no i knew the answer but somehow forgot it lol,omg!!! i just gave the answer in my science exam a few months ago and i dont want to check it on google cause i wanna find the answer by myself but still here goes i aint so sure :is it cretatious ? i don know the proper spelling of it,hehe but i think sohel bhaiya has the correct answer lol,but still there was an english word of it.

zahid
September 29, 2007, 09:14 AM
Pnadominia or something starting with Pando..

Sohel
September 29, 2007, 02:47 PM
Pangaea or Pangea (παν, pan, meaning entire, and γαια, gaia, meaning Earth in Ancient Greek) was the supercontinent that existed during the Paleozoic and Mesozoic eras about 250 million years ago, before each of the component continents were separated into their current configuration.

The name was first used by the German originator of the continental drift theory, Alfred Wegener, in the 1920 edition of his book The Origin of Continents and Oceans (Die Entstehung der Kontinente und Ozeane), in which a postulated supercontinent Pangaea played a key role.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/8e/Pangea_animation_03.gif

link:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pangea

What's the next question?

Bancan
September 29, 2007, 03:06 PM
A little chemistry question---- Balance the following equation

____Mg+ O<sub>2 </sub>> _____MgO

<sub><o:p></o:p></sub>

zahid
September 29, 2007, 04:58 PM

____Mg+ O<SUB>2 </SUB>> _____MgO

<SUB><?xml:namespace prefix = o /><o:p></o:p></SUB>

= koi ? equation is wrong too!

Dhruvo
September 29, 2007, 05:54 PM

____Mg+ O<SUB>2 </SUB>> _____MgO

<SUB><?xml:namespace prefix = o /><o:p></o:p></SUB>
what do you mean ? i cant understand a thing ,lol,what is Mg,okay i know the meaning of o2 but dont know the other ones lol.

Ajfar
September 29, 2007, 08:03 PM
i'll ask onee...a nightguard told his boss not to go out of country because he had a dream that the plane his boss is going to ride is going to crash... so his boss canceled his tripp..that plane did get in an accident....but the night guard lost his job...why????

Rommel
September 29, 2007, 08:12 PM
i'll ask onee...a nightguard told his boss not to go out of country because he had a dream that the plane his boss is going to ride is going to crash... so his boss canceled his tripp..that plane did get in an accident....but the night guard lost his job...why????

I have no clue so I'm just gonna guess. The nightguard was a terrorist who crashed the plane.

Bancan
September 29, 2007, 09:09 PM
= koi ? equation is wrong too!

well thats why i said balance it.after you balance it the equation is right. i will give the answer.

2Mg+ O<sub>2 </sub>>2MgO

so two magnesiums and and oxide form magnesium oxide.

Ajfar
September 29, 2007, 10:54 PM
I have no clue so I'm just gonna guess. The nightguard was a terrorist who crashed the plane.

umm..noppp..

Dhruvo
September 30, 2007, 05:44 AM
err cause he saw that the plane crashed in his dream so it wasnt true ,am i right ?

Ajfar
September 30, 2007, 10:01 AM
err cause he saw that the plane crashed in his dream so it wasnt true ,am i right ?

nopp..it's causee.he is a NIGHT GUard..he is not suppose to sleep duringg workk

Nawreen93
September 30, 2007, 11:07 AM

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol::lol::lol::lol: that was a gud one:lol:

rubel_18
September 30, 2007, 12:11 PM
Thats a funny one :floor::floor:

Dhruvo
September 30, 2007, 01:24 PM
hehe bangladesh_sy bhaiya that was a good one,i have one too:

there are 7 girls in a bus
each girls has 7 bags
each 7 bags has 7 big cats
each big cat has 7 small cats

find the number of legs in the bus .

Omio
September 30, 2007, 02:08 PM

each girls has 7 bags

70:)

layperson
September 30, 2007, 02:17 PM

each girls has 7 bags

sadi
September 30, 2007, 03:04 PM

But how do you know he slept at night? Maybe he saw the dream when he was off from work during the daytime. Not fair. ;)

Anyways, I should get out of here.

Dhruvo
September 30, 2007, 05:07 PM
70:)
:floor: no bhaiya its the wrong answer
nope,let me give you a clue,the answer is around 10,000.

Nawreen93
September 30, 2007, 05:15 PM
i got 238.if u add the bus driver,it's 240.how does it get 2 10,000?

Nawreen93
September 30, 2007, 05:17 PM
never mind!!! i take back my answer

Nawreen93
September 30, 2007, 05:20 PM
16807??

Nawreen93
September 30, 2007, 05:21 PM
i give up...

Dhruvo
September 30, 2007, 05:24 PM
i got 238.if u add the bus driver,it's 240.how does it get 2 10,000?
haha that is impossible,it is around the 10,000 but not around 20,000 :saint:,listen apu,try to do the math with a bit more care and you can do it then,my dad asked the whole family along with my cousins and their parents this question once no one could answer it lol then at the last moment when my dad was about to reveal the answer i answered it lol but i must say it gets in you mind alot and starts teasing your brain lol.

Nawreen93
September 30, 2007, 05:33 PM
just give me sum time...

Nawreen93
September 30, 2007, 05:37 PM
9618???

Dhruvo
September 30, 2007, 05:49 PM
i give up...
okay then let me reveal the answer and explain it:
each girls has 7 bags
each bag has 7 big cats
so you already know the total no. of girls but you dont know the total no. of bags therefore you multiply the no. of girls with the no. of each bag the 7 girls were carrying,like this:7 girls x 7 bags in with each girls = 49,so now you know the no. of bags.

then you must find out the no. of big cats in those bags,so in my question i said that each bag has 7 big cats so i must multiply the no. of bags with the no. of big cats in each bags,like this:49 bags x 7 big cats in each bag=343 big cats in total no.,so now you know the no. of big cats

after that i said that there are 7 small cats with each big cats,so now we must multiply the no. of big cats with the no. of small cats with each big cat,like this:
343 big cats x 7 small cats with each big cat,like this:343 x 7=2401 total no. of small cats,so now we know the no. of small cats in total

now to find the no. of legs i must 1st find the number of total cats in the bus including the small cats with the big cats,so add,like this:343 + 2401 =2744
so now we know all the number of cats in the bus,so there are 2744 cats in total in the bus.

now that we know how many cats there are in the bus we can find out the no. of cat legs in the bus,we all know that a cat has 4 legs so i must multiply the no. of cats with 4,like this:2744 cats x 4 cat legs=10976 cat legs in total,so now we know the total number of cat legs in the bus but the question was to find out all the legs

so we now find out all the total no. of legs in the bus but to do that we must know how many humans were on the bus,so there was 7 girls in the bus and i should include the bus driver too,every one knows that we humans have 2 legs so i should multiply the no. of humans with the no. of legs every human has,but we should 1st find out the no. of humans in the bus,like this:7 girls + 1 bus driver =8 humans

now we know the no. of humans,so now we can find the total no. of human legs in the bus,like this: 8 humans x 2 human legs = 16 total no. of human legs

now that we know how many human legs and cat legs we have in the bus we can now add both those 2 numbers together and we can achieve the right answer (well if we do it carefully ofcourse),like this :10976 cats legs + 16 human legs=10996 total number of legs in the bus.

SO THE ANSWER IS 10996 LEGS IN TOTAL IN THE BUS,SO THERE ARE 10996 LEGS IN THE BUS,SIMPLE!.

Ajfar
September 30, 2007, 06:48 PM
aytt..another onee..usually dogs bite pplzz..but...people bite this type of dog..wat is itt??

Yameen
September 30, 2007, 06:54 PM
hot dog?

Nawreen93
September 30, 2007, 06:56 PM
hot dog

Yameen
September 30, 2007, 07:00 PM
ok heres one, a man has a tiger, goat and lets say pile of leaves. He must transport these 3 across the river in his boat, but only maximum 2 at a time.
how is he going to do this? Consider this scenario, if he were to take the goat and leaves first, and come back for the tiger on the return trip, the goat would end up eating the leaves, which is not good. Also if he takes the leaves first on its own, to the other side, the tiger will end up eating the goat whilst transporting the leaves etc get the picture?

so how will he get round this problem?

Ajfar
September 30, 2007, 07:08 PM
hot dog?

hot dog

yeaa......

Nafis_BD
September 30, 2007, 07:25 PM
ok heres one, a man has a tiger, goat and lets say pile of leaves. He must transport these 3 across the river in his boat, but only maximum 2 at a time.
how is he going to do this? Consider this scenario, if he were to take the goat and leaves first, and come back for the tiger on the return trip, the goat would end up eating the leaves, which is not good. Also if he takes the leaves first on its own, to the other side, the tiger will end up eating the goat whilst transporting the leaves etc get the picture?

so how will he get round this problem?

Easy.... He will have to take the tiger and the leaves on the first trip and the goat on the second trip.

Here is my question although most of you might know this.
Q:A cop comes to a house and finds a dead man hanging on the fan. Also the room is filled with water. The water is about 1 quarter of the room(according to the height of the room). The room is sealed so there is no way the water could come in or go out. As a cop you guys have to find out how the water got in the room and how the person reached the fan to hang himself?

kp348
October 1, 2007, 06:33 AM
Easy.... He will have to take the tiger and the leaves on the first trip and the goat on the second trip.

Here is my question although most of you might know this.
Q:A cop comes to a house and finds a dead man hanging on the fan. Also the room is filled with water. The water is about 1 quarter of the room(according to the height of the room). The room is sealed so there is no way the water could come in or go out. As a cop you guys have to find out how the water got in the room and how the person reached the fan to hang himself?

Easy.........he was standing on a ice cube. Now if you can give the dimension of the room, we can figure out the volume of the Ice Cube as well.:)

Ajfar
October 5, 2007, 10:55 PM
when i am up..i'm brightt..when i'm down..i'm dark..wat am i??

Dhruvo
October 6, 2007, 07:37 AM
the sun ?

Ajfar
October 6, 2007, 09:47 AM
noo....

Nafis_BD
October 6, 2007, 11:14 AM
Easy.........he was standing on a ice cube. Now if you can give the dimension of the room, we can figure out the volume of the Ice Cube as well.:)

Yes ,that's right. I knew it was too easy.

It's the light bulb right?

Ajfar
October 6, 2007, 10:13 PM
Yes ,that's right. I knew it was too easy.

It's the light bulb right?

well...i guess light bulb workss..but the answer i knw is light switch..

Ajfar
October 6, 2007, 10:17 PM
what is the one word in tenglish language the you can write upside down and it still spells the same thing??

Dhruvo
October 7, 2007, 07:33 AM
what is the one word in tenglish language the you can write upside down and it still spells the same thing??
whats tenglish ? is there a country named tengland,wow bhaiya this is great info,i never knew a country in that name .

Ajfar
October 7, 2007, 06:38 PM
ohh..u knww wat i meantt..i meant to writee..englishh..i didn't even see it untill just noww..