PDA

View Full Version : Puja Greetings for everyone

Bengaliprince176
October 18, 2007, 11:35 AM
today is Sasthi, the beginning of the Durga Puja celebrations. Its a carnival time for everyone, no matter what religion, creed etc. just wishing u all a happy time in these next 9 days. its a time for family and friends ( and of course misti doi and rosgolla!!), that is why i am going to be spending time with my grandparents and family in Kolkata after tomorrow. wishing everyone here a happy 2 weeks in my absence. Take Care everyone and if u have the chance to enjoy it, as its for all people, go for it and enjoy the day!!

P.S Gangu Dada have fun at the Durga Pujas in USA, but remember im back at home for celebrations!! :smug: :-D

cricket_dorshok
October 18, 2007, 11:44 AM
Happy durga puja.

Miraz
October 18, 2007, 12:00 PM
[বাংলা]সবাইকে শারদীয় শুভেচ্ছা। [/বাংলা]

Tigers_eye
October 18, 2007, 12:01 PM
2nd this.

Mohiul
October 18, 2007, 12:16 PM

ditto

rubel_18
October 18, 2007, 12:26 PM
Happy Durga Puja to all hindu members, hope u enjoy. BP hope u enjoy ur stay in Kolkata make the most of ur time there cos wen ur enjoying urself time flies. Anyway take care hav a safe journey and bring bak sum ILISH MAACH lol

Nocturnal
October 18, 2007, 12:37 PM
[বাংলা]শারদীয় শুভেচ্ছা সবাইকে[/বাংলা]

ammark
October 18, 2007, 12:44 PM
[বাংলা]শারদীয় শুভেচ্ছা সবাইকে[/বাংলা]

:) [বাংলা]সবাইকে শারদীয় শুভেচ্ছা।[/বাংলা]

Ahmed_B
October 18, 2007, 01:24 PM
Thanks ... and Greetings to you also!

Rumz_01
October 18, 2007, 02:49 PM
BengaliPrince..will miss u n ur posts for the next two weeks..have great time in Kolkatta..eat as much ilish as u possibly can!!

Stay safe, InshAllah ull get there n bak safe n sound..no worriz!

i see u only wish the members happy times for the next 9 days only?? lol..

Happy Durga Puja Celebrations..to all..enjoy...!!!

Ganguly da
October 18, 2007, 09:19 PM
Prince bro, sharodiya shubechha jannachi, and shubho Bijoya in advance, have a great time...and get fat.

Tehsin
October 18, 2007, 11:07 PM
Pooja used to be so much fun back in Chittagong. Shobaike Sharodiyo Shubhechcha.

Ei desh e chirstmas o amader desher moto anondomoi na. Shob shudhu marketting ploy. I've had the best fruit cakes in BD. The ones here don't come close. Bengaliprince, you lucky prince****, eheh. Enjoy. Bring back some pics.

Ehsan
October 18, 2007, 11:18 PM
Happy Pooja to you all who celebrate it.

Kabir
October 18, 2007, 11:39 PM
Sharodiyo shubhechcha my friend. Kolkata reminds me of some of the best food that I've had in my life...me jealous now :)

I had a friend, Amit, when I was a kid. I remember, every puja he used to bring sweets for me.

Nafis_BD
October 18, 2007, 11:44 PM

Ditto.

Bengaliprince bhaiya have a great and safe trip. Make sure to eat a lot of tasty food and bring some for me too!!:D

Sohel
October 19, 2007, 01:32 AM
সবাইকে শারদীয় শুভেচ্ছা ... :)

Rabz
October 19, 2007, 09:04 AM
Best wishes of Durja Puja to everyone.
I live next to one of the biggest temples in dhaka, surely visiting there for the Prasad and see the festive.

shaad
October 19, 2007, 09:04 AM
Shobaike Sharodiya Shubechha, and Shubho Bijoya as well.

Alien
October 19, 2007, 09:54 AM
Shobaike Sharodiya Shubechha, and Shubho Bijoya as well.

Greetings to those who celebrate it.

lol. Never knew it was called "Sharodiya", always knew it as "Durga Puja". Btw, is it the same as "Diwali"?

Bengaliprince176
October 19, 2007, 12:59 PM
thank u for ur kind words everyone, im off very soon, just putting sum pics on cds to show my grandparents then off to heathrow. ill try to get fat lol, but if its like the last trip and get a severe stomach illness, it mite be the opposite... lol tc everyone!!

Nocturnal
October 21, 2007, 03:56 AM
[বাংলা]শুভ বিজয়া[/বাংলা] :)

Antora
October 21, 2007, 04:07 AM
shuvo bijoya!!!!!!

Zobair
October 21, 2007, 07:35 AM
shubho bijoya!

ammark
October 21, 2007, 09:14 AM
ektu deri hoye gelo kintu shubho bijoya to all. :)

Ganguly da
October 22, 2007, 11:08 PM
Greetings to those who celebrate it.

lol. Never knew it was called "Sharodiya", always knew it as "Durga Puja". Btw, is it the same as "Diwali"?

Sharodiya is related to "shorod" or autumn....since puja is held in autumnal months of Sept/Oct.

No, it is not the same. "Diwali" or "Deepavali/ Deepaboli(in bangla)" is celebrated 20 days after Bijoya Doshomi. It is festival of lights, as the light represents the victory of good over evil in Hindu-ism.

PS: Thanks to everyone for wishing Bijoya!

Ganguly da
October 22, 2007, 11:14 PM
An interesting piece by this author on puja:

Syed Mustafa Siraj, Author
I am agnostic but if you ask me about my feelings for the Pujas I can go on and on. As a Muslim I cannot really comment on the religious aspects of the festival, simply because I do not know enough. But if you ask me about the atmosphere, the cultural ethos and the sheer joy that captures everybody during this festival I can tell you plenty.

To begin with my involvement with the Pujas happens at a very deep level because I write and ’am a regular contributor to all Sharodiya Patrikas. Each year, I write short stories and novels for these special Puja supplements and hope, in my own small way, try to make a difference to people’s lives on this joyous occasion.

Usually during the Pujas I shift to my native place Khoshbashpur village in Murshidabad district. The atmosphere there is quite different from that in the city and the sheer euphoria and happiness that pervades is unbelievable. The festival apart, this is the harvest season and nature is at its beautiful best. It is a time of hope and the good feeling spreads all around.

As youngsters, we would all gather at the High school grounds of our village on Dashami day and participate in the immersion process. The entire episode would be great fun as all of us would jump into the lake to retrieve the goddess’ ornaments and the boy with the maximum number would be the champion of the competition. It is interesting to note that on Dashami day there used to be a big mela in the school grounds and most of the traders were Muslims.

There is a sense of carefree abandonment in Bengal during this period and the happiness is extremely infectious. I remember on a rare occasion that I was in Kolkata, I had been asked to judge one of the numerous Durga Puja competitions along with Purabi Mukhopadhyay, the Rabindrasangeet exponent. Both of us must have visited more than 40 pandals that night and I realised that craftsmen in Bengal are gifted with a tremendous artistic genius and this only sees the light of day during the Pujas.

Like I said, I’m not really a religious person, but I love the Pujas because of the colour and delight it brings to people’s lives.

RazabQ
October 23, 2007, 04:38 AM
[বাংলা]সকলকে শুভ বিজয়া[/বাংলা]. Man alive this takes me back. Puja was THE time to pig out on all kind [বাংলা]মিষ্টি, লাড্ডু, নাড়ু, [/বাংলা]etc. I still remember watching the processions to take the durga to the water (বিসর্জন I think it was called). You don't have to be an agnostic to enjoy Puja. I'm missing Dhaka big time right now :(

Bengaliprince176
November 4, 2007, 08:36 AM
just got back friday night and had a great time, thanks for that interesting article Gangu Dada, the immersion this year was unbelivalble, that night there were loads and loads of trucks with music and the idols. from one point of view the atmosphere was amazing, so much noise but i saw a newspaper clipping the next day, the mess left over in the river Hooghly was bad, the officials who had to clean it up looked heart broken.

btw random news- Saurav Ganguly was dressed as a Sardar to avoid people recognising him on the immersion. no one did lol!!

and thanks to everyone who wished on this thread

ammark
September 27, 2009, 03:50 AM
Aro ek bochor periye gelo. Shokolke Pujo'r Sharodiyo Shubhechha. Agamikal Bijoya Doshomi.

Ajfar
September 27, 2009, 10:16 AM
Bengali prince bro long time no see. what you been up to these days?

chol_bd123
September 27, 2009, 01:27 PM
I never knew that there are soo many Christians in Bangladesh until watching Ntv last year around CHristmas time. It was so funny to see a dark SAnta Claus. LOL

shaad
September 27, 2009, 01:54 PM
Shobaike Sharodiya Shubechha, and Shubho Bijoya.

ialbd
September 27, 2009, 02:08 PM
Sharodio Shubhechha to All....

havent had the opportunity to visit a puja mondop ever.... and I only keep hearing amazing stories abt them and how everyone enjoyed it there....

bujhee kom
September 27, 2009, 04:10 PM
Heart-felt happy holy Durga Puja greetings and blessings to all our BC members!
Shubho Bijoya. Love and peace!

Antora
September 28, 2009, 12:41 AM
I never knew that there are soo many Christians in Bangladesh until watching Ntv last year around CHristmas time. It was so funny to see a dark SAnta Claus. LOL

LOL ,,, I went to Bangladesh during Christamas time and this one time we took my lil cousin to see santa at saraton OMG so funny a dark santa :P
btw Puja greetings to everyone =)
must be so much fun in BD right now. Eid and now puja...such a long holiday :( and everyone back home is having fun without me *cries*

sufism
September 28, 2009, 03:46 AM
Durga Puja greetings to every one.

Bengali prince bro long time no see. what you been up to these days?

I have been a BC follower for years. Miss a lot of familiar names. It's not the same anymore specially in the Forget Cricket Forum. :(

Back in the days, every now and then someone would come up with a jam of a thread that would crack every one up. I have not been much of a writer in BC. Only wrote about 20 to 25 posts in my six years of BC following. However, used to be an avid reader. After a long day of school and work I would look forward to find out whether those genius BC members came up with anything new.

Some members still come up with some funny threads. But we have not had the quality for quite some time. Or is that I am getting old? May be! But I will keep visiting BC at least for cricket.

Ajfar
September 28, 2009, 10:51 AM
sufism bhai you should post more often. its not so bad, and as for quality we still have some really good posters on BC, miraz bhai, T_E bhai, Billah bhai, Beamer bhai and many more. after i joined i think i posted maybe 50 post in my first year, but then slowly started posting more. i think you enjoy it more when you start participating

RazabQ
September 29, 2009, 05:53 PM
tritto