PDA

View Full Version : Do you like Vista?

Alien
October 24, 2007, 08:21 AM
I have never used Vista but most people don't I asked don't seem to like it. Is it another OP loaded with bugs or is it that people don't like changes?

I had a look at it at an electronic shop. Graphics seemed pretty cool. Wondering if it is a big hog on the memory.

Sohel
October 24, 2007, 08:24 AM
I had it briefly and found it VERY annoying. Serious virtual memory and other issues.

Alien
October 24, 2007, 08:26 AM
But what exactly makes it annoying? The new layouts? Change from XP?

It is very different from XP. More tried to be like Mac. I guess.

Sohel
October 24, 2007, 08:30 AM
As user-friendly as it maybe, it kept on slowing down and hanging whenever I worked with CorelDraw.

Farhad
October 24, 2007, 12:12 PM
I had a look at it at an electronic shop. Graphics seemed pretty cool. Wondering if it is a big hog on the memory.

Thats how they get you. Youre like "hey, what could go wrong?", and BOOM! Before you know it, theres a fist-sized hole in your monitor screen.... Yeah....im that strong

ammark
October 24, 2007, 12:37 PM
Oh well... wait till Windows Vista SP2 I guess.

Fazal
October 24, 2007, 01:52 PM
yes I do... I like Vista very much.

Kabir
October 24, 2007, 02:03 PM
yes I do... I like Vista very much.

Mamu, it's the OS vista, not "bhaista". I hope you're clear about it? ;)

Murad
October 24, 2007, 02:13 PM
well its pretty cool with the new computers. I'm liking it. stylish and easier to use. however, i don't like the security. its too annoying. asks for your confirmations in every steps.. and also it eats up battery charge too fast. xp is better in this regard.

if you upgrade it to your old computers you wont like it. too much graphics and stuffs. your pc will be so slow even if your pc have higher RAM.

Hatebreed
October 24, 2007, 03:28 PM
Vista = glorified version of XP. I'm happy to use XP until something compelling comes out.

Nocturnal
October 24, 2007, 03:46 PM
Never used it, still on XP.

layperson
October 24, 2007, 03:50 PM
Hate it. I hate the user interface of MACs. I find them very "user unfriendly". Yes I said user Unfriendly. If I wanted a MAC user interface I would have gotten a MAC. The only reason I use windows is because I find the interface user friendly and copying MAC just makes it that much worse. Even when I buy a new laptop I would ask them not to install vista on my machine.

ialbd
October 24, 2007, 04:20 PM
want to have the vista/mac fun for free? Try Ubuntu Linux (yes I am a proud user of this along with Windows XP). For all those lafalafi and ajaira ishtyles Ubuntu isnt bad at all......

if you are bored.... check these....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZD7QraljRfM [Beryl window manager]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bYsxaMyFV2Y

Version 7.10 is out, if anyone is interested [http://www.ubuntu.com]

p.s: the type of work I have to do in my pc, these flashy interfaces create more hindrance/distraction than help in any way. I really really dont care how my windows minimise or if I can view my desktop up-side down.

tonoy
October 24, 2007, 05:25 PM
Am I the only one that actually likes vista? Honestly it isnt that bad of an Os if you are using a dual core with 2 gigs.

Ganguly da
October 24, 2007, 09:36 PM
you need atleast 2gb of memory to run efficiently. I like the 3D version of web pages where you can turn each web page sideways! pretty cool!

Anher
October 25, 2007, 07:05 AM
50/50 like dislike for me. It might be vista still dont support a lot of things.

Alien
October 25, 2007, 09:44 AM
Hate it. I hate the user interface of MACs. I find them very "user unfriendly". Yes I said user Unfriendly. If I wanted a MAC user interface I would have gotten a MAC. The only reason I use windows is because I find the interface user friendly and copying MAC just makes it that much worse. Even when I buy a new laptop I would ask them not to install vista on my machine.

Ask me. My high school went from windows to full Mac coz they gave some cheaper license or something. Everything about it I hated. Including the pathetic mouse. Took me 6 months to figure out how to right click with that.

tonoy
October 25, 2007, 11:29 AM
Ask me. My high school went from windows to full Mac coz they gave some cheaper license or something. Everything about it I hated. Including the pathetic mouse. Took me 6 months to figure out how to right click with that.

Theres a right click for mac?:wow:

Nasif
October 25, 2007, 12:20 PM
MAC asks: Why do you need a right click when you can do everything with a one button?

I hate that question. I want my right click!

In any event, I am not into Vista yet, XP serving well. I use Linux a lot; mostly Ubuntu (laptops) and CentOS on main computer.

Mohiul
October 25, 2007, 01:44 PM
I switched to Vista last month. Initially I faced some problems. I'm getting used to it day by day. It's security feature is very strong. It got voice recognition feature, which is superb. If you turn it on, you computer is ready to take your voice command and perform accordingly.

Ajfar
October 25, 2007, 05:13 PM
my brotherr justt got itt..i lykk itt..

Sovik
October 25, 2007, 06:48 PM
i use vista, it was annoying but i turned off windows aero and some other features.

Nafis_BD
October 25, 2007, 10:28 PM
I am looking to get a new computer and I am thinking whether I should get windows vista or just stay with windows XP, but if the vista is anything like the MAC then I will never get it.(unless they make it more original) I really need your help guys!!

Kabir
October 25, 2007, 10:31 PM
(unless they make it more original) I really need your help guys!!

Mac is as original as it can get. On the other hand, Vista is a chora version of a Linux OS which didn't get as much market attention was Vista got (for obvious reasons).

Alien
October 26, 2007, 07:13 AM
MAC asks: Why do you need a right click when you can do everything with a one button?

I hate that question. I want my right click!

How's that? I thought it was always Ctrl + mouse click.

Alien
October 26, 2007, 07:16 AM
I am looking to get a new computer and I am thinking whether I should get windows vista or just stay with windows XP, but if the vista is anything like the MAC then I will never get it.(unless they make it more original) I really need your help guys!!

My advice is that if you don't like changes from mainstream, stick to Windows. Mac will spin you around like it did to me.

If you are ultra conservative about changes, then stick to XP. Chances are you won't like it. Besides XP goes easy on your memory.

Nasif
October 26, 2007, 09:40 AM
How's that? I thought it was always Ctrl + mouse click.

Apparently all the commands you active with right click should already be there around you. AFAIK, Mac a very well documented UI guidelines for developers. If you stick to that guidelines your user won't need a right mouse click ever!

AsifTheManRahman
October 26, 2007, 09:45 AM
Isn't a right click on a Mac equivalent to a left click with two fingers planted on the button?

Sovik
October 26, 2007, 06:38 PM

give it a try. its not all bad. it could annoy you first but you will get used to it

Rubu
October 26, 2007, 06:47 PM
One thing I found annoying about Vista is how much engine power it needs to operate. I had to add an extra gig of RAM to be able to run it. The security warning all the time is annoying and I could not find a way to turn it off. Beside that, I could not find any radical difference between XP and Vista beside look. But I'm still testing it and doing dual boot. I'll decide after using it for a while where I want to stay and delete one.

Murad
October 26, 2007, 10:04 PM
One thing I found annoying about Vista is how much engine power it needs to operate. I had to add an extra gig of RAM to be able to run it. The security warning all the time is annoying and I could not find a way to turn it off. Beside that, I could not find any radical difference between XP and Vista beside look. But I'm still testing it and doing dual boot. I'll decide after using it for a while where I want to stay and delete one.

You can turn it off from your User Account. Go to your User Account and then click on "Turn User Account Control On or Off"

Or if you want to turn off Windows Depender, go to its Tools and uncheck all the options. After that, type: "msconfig" from the RUN Command. Then click Start Ups, and uncheck the Windows depender and all others programs that you don't want to see.

zahid
October 29, 2007, 07:53 AM
Vista = Windows XP + Stolen ideas from MAC OSX + Stolen ideas from Linux

There you go.

BD Tigers
January 17, 2008, 07:21 PM
i asked the following question on another thread but asking it here again.

Does sopcast work in VISTA? Is there any other software we normally use in XP doesn't work well in Vista?

Sovik
January 17, 2008, 07:47 PM
You can turn it off from your User Account. Go to your User Account and then click on "Turn User Account Control On or Off"

Or if you want to turn off Windows Depender, go to its Tools and uncheck all the options. After that, type: "msconfig" from the RUN Command. Then click Start Ups, and uncheck the Windows depender and all others programs that you don't want to see.

i have done those things right after i got my new computer with vista and i don't seem to have any problem. its just like xp with better graphics