PDA

View Full Version : the vampires lurking in your house

al Furqaan
October 30, 2007, 12:46 PM
http://www.cnn.com/2007/TECH/10/30/vampire.electronics.ap/index.html

sleep and standby electronics consume tons of energy every year. with global warming and other such energy related problems, its prolly wise to shut down the PC every night.

i shall start doing that from now on - when bangladesh are not playing international cricket.

Nocturnal
October 30, 2007, 01:35 PM
I thought it's a Halloween thread :-p

Kabir
October 30, 2007, 02:10 PM
Asaad, don't forget to unplug your fridge every night, okay? I can't guarantee about the food that you'll eat next morning though :)

Jokes apart, yes it's very important. It's important that we get our acts straight, and not waste energy whenever possible. But the problem is, whenever I switch off lights at home (in the washroom for example, when nobody's in there), I have fights with my wife coz she says I'm too cheap to pay the bills!!! :timeout:

akabir77
October 30, 2007, 02:29 PM
same problem here...

Anyway i thought hard about my stand by stuff and only my cell phone charger can be taken off but they are strategically plugged in to some chipa so that i have enough tar to plug my cell phones and use those hard to use outlets. So i can't save any as I already shut down my PC and can't turn of my tv/sterio/dvr/freeze/micro oven...

tonoy
October 30, 2007, 02:36 PM
global what? not my problem! ill let my great grand kids worry about that.

Tigers_eye
October 30, 2007, 02:45 PM
Potential problem awaits Asad.
Your start on-off button (starter kit) may get damaged. Then you would have to spend more mula's on that which you may have saved. ;)

akabir77
October 30, 2007, 04:25 PM

Same thing was said by your Grand pa. Hence you have to fix no more free pass for you ;)

Orpheus
October 30, 2007, 05:39 PM
Tonoy miya grandchildren hoite hoile agay children laage, aar children hoite hoile ekta maiya laage... so you have no worries... nor do I about "our" grandchildren's future.. Evolution already taken care of that.

but please for the sake of kabir bhai aar tiger bhai (those who got lucky), you and me should turn off our cell phone...Does that sound reasonable... HELLLL NOOOO!!!

honestly tonoy, we shouldn't even have a cell phone, who would call us?

But tonoy and I still hope... for some retarded girl out there somewhere... who will think we are jinns... muhahhahah :flag::flag::flag:

Nafis_BD
October 30, 2007, 09:54 PM
Welcome back Orphy chacha!!

This is a new issue now along with global warming. In our school our geography goes crazy when he sees or hears someone contributing to global warming, waste and etc. It is really concerning though. I have done a research and found out that Bangladesh might be under water by the time I am around 25-30 or may be a bit more if we don't stop global warming.

Antora
October 31, 2007, 02:04 AM

hahah so did i lol

Antora
October 31, 2007, 02:07 AM
Welcome back Orphy chacha!!

This is a new issue now along with global warming. In our school our geography goes crazy when he sees or hears someone contributing to global warming, waste and etc. It is really concerning though. I have done a research and found out that Bangladesh might be under water by the time I am around 25-30 or may be a bit more if we don't stop global warming.

yesh.. apparently 75% of bangladesh will be under water! people we have to do something! otherwise there might not be a bangladesh! wow! thats too sad to imagine!

al Furqaan
October 31, 2007, 01:44 PM

hehe, i forgot about that god forsaken "holiday"

cricket_pagol
October 31, 2007, 02:05 PM
yesh.. apparently 75% of bangladesh will be under water! people we have to do something! otherwise there might not be a bangladesh! wow! thats too sad to imagine!

The one meter sea level rise generally predicted if no action is taken about global warming will inundate more than 15 percent of Bangladesh, displacing more than 13 million people.
Source >> (http://www.worldviewofglobalwarming.org/pages/rising-seas.html)

In 2000, a World Bank-published map showed that a one-meter rise in the sea level would inundate half of Bangladesh's riceland. With sea levels predicted to rise up to one meter this century, Bangladeshis would be forced to migrate in their millions.
Source >> (http://www.ams.ubc.ca/clubs/bsa/globalWarming.htm)