PDA

View Full Version : Under-prepared Fahim & Mosaddek

fwullah
October 17, 2003, 10:12 AM
I am just wondering now that how come Fahim Muntasir and Mosaddek Hossain are so much under-prepared before playing in the 2nd practice match.

Bowling is only a thing for practice and practice.

Enamul Haque Junior bowled well - he was prepared before the BCB XI match against England, so he got the nod of the selectors. But choosing him over two other boro bhai for him - Fahim and Mosaddek is not the point that I am trying to make.

What I am trying to point out is that Enamul Junior was in the camp of the Under 19 team in BKSP, Fahim Muntasir was with the national team either in BKSP or in Bangabandhu stadium - wherever the national team practiced, and Mosaddek Hossain just came from India - after learning a bit about spin bowling.

So what's the difference? My question is - what are or were they doing in those camps? Weren't they given time to practice?

Mahmood
October 17, 2003, 10:30 AM
Being prepared is not based on results. Sometimes, a good bowler also gets a bad day.

Their bowing figures does not say they were not prepared, it simplay says, they did not bowl effective yesterday.

By the way, I don't know why there was so much expectation for Sumit, I followed the guy last Dhaka League, he was just ordinary in numbers. I am not surprised about yesterday.

I head many good things about Arafat, and being the kid he is, he did awesome, a good all rounder is in the making here.

Zobair
October 17, 2003, 11:19 AM
Sumit has so far given no indication, whether in domestic or international, of anything which makes him more than an ordinary spinner. There are too many better spinners around today for him to shine.

BangladeshCricket
October 17, 2003, 08:55 PM
I know Warne not gona show us his trick but he can atleast guide them to be little better atleast....hope spinners like them will provide us with some assistance and help. If we need to pay them, I guess it's worth it. Commnets please...