PDA

View Full Version : One-way Ticket to Hell - Bangladesh

Omio
November 12, 2007, 11:41 AM
This is the story of Faridas, who was sold into prostitution by her father when she was nine.

I got this video in you tube.
This really pathetic story.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=JDYI7-tp5GY

sunny747
November 12, 2007, 11:53 AM
won't be able to see it. i have very soft heart. thanks anyway.

Tokai
November 12, 2007, 12:46 PM
I know stories like these are sad, but believe it or not, among third world countries, Bangladesh is one of the best place in terms of how women are treated.

tonoy
November 12, 2007, 01:15 PM
Sad story indeed. This video was however made in 1998. Lets just hope that conditions have improved since then.

Ajfar
November 12, 2007, 02:27 PM
this is soo messedd...upp...

akabir77
November 12, 2007, 02:40 PM
Well I know that babies gets traded for organs in sub con....

Ganguly da
November 12, 2007, 02:42 PM
nothing has improved, let's not get into the illusion that 21st century suddenly brought immense improvement in human condition just because IT industry or others as such has opened up. There are still numerous sweat shops in BD making NIKE shoes and tshirts...and there is no 2nd option for these people...as the choice is between work or die of hunger.

This video is an absolute eye opener. The main culprit here is the corruption system. The corruption amongst BDR who let the prostitution traffic go through for few hundred takas. The statement: "bangladeshi girls are in high demand in calcutta, since they are considered pure due to their islamic background" --- is a perfect description of the supply and demand structure of this network.

so I don't care whether its 1998 or 2008 or 2028...this will continue on as there will be corrupted men, greedy men, immoral men and parents like Farida's who married 3 times and has 7 children and traded his kids(girls) for money.

HereWeGo
November 12, 2007, 04:56 PM
There are lots of things to love about Bangladesh. I really wont call it hell. The story is really sad and human rights can be a major issue in Bangladesh but cmon guys when we look at things like this we should protest and try our best to punish the culprit instead of calling our country hell. Remember it is still worth 3 million lives.

cricket_pagol
November 12, 2007, 05:19 PM
This is really sad. Two things bothered me the most.

1. If these girls try to come to back, their society will not accept them. The girls are blamed rather than men who are committing these crimes.

2. As a society we don't want to talk about these issues, but we expect things to improve with time. I don't think we as citizens of Bangladesh put adequate pressure on the government to act sincerely on these issues.

Ajfar
November 12, 2007, 07:35 PM
This is really sad. Two things bothered me the most.

1. If these girls try to come to back, their society will not accept them. The girls are blamed rather than men who are committing these crimes.

2. As a society we don't want to talk about these issues, but we expect things to improve with time. I don't think we as citizens of Bangladesh put adequate pressure on the government to act sincerely on these issues.

apnar moto aroo koyektaa manush jodii aita bujto..tailee valoi hoitoo..

layperson
November 12, 2007, 08:26 PM
That was horrible. People like those should not be allowed to have kids. I want to make a difference and I think one way of making a difference is by sponsoring kids from poor families in Bangladesh. If all of us sponsor at least one kid then that would make a huge difference. World Vision has programs in Bangladesh through which you can sponsor children. It s only about 35 dollars a month and that takes care of their food clothing shelter and education. I request all people to look into this and also let me know if they know of other ways we can help these poor kids. InshAllah I will start with one kid by the end of this month.

Ajfar
November 12, 2007, 10:16 PM
That was horrible. People like those should not be allowed to have kids. I want to make a difference and I think one way of making a difference is by sponsoring kids from poor families in Bangladesh. If all of us sponsor at least one kid then that would make a huge difference. World Vision has programs in Bangladesh through which you can sponsor children. It s only about 35 dollars a month and that takes care of their food clothing shelter and education. I request all people to look into this and also let me know if they know of other ways we can help these poor kids. InshAllah I will start with one kid by the end of this month.

Boss...more power to yaa..inshallah amio korboo..age akta sottikarerr job pai.tarporee..