PDA

View Full Version : Common things on 24

zahid
November 12, 2007, 05:21 PM
State some common things or phrases or situations that you see on 24.

I'll begin.

1. Jack Bauer saying "Dammit!"
2. Presidential pardon
3. Mole at CTU

Kabir
November 12, 2007, 05:51 PM
WTF is 24?

ialbd
November 12, 2007, 05:56 PM
WTF is 24?

hahah hahaha.......:floor:

I just had to login and quote kabir bhai and write 'haha'....

stopped watching 24 after season 3. Just found it too repetitive...

Fazal
November 12, 2007, 05:56 PM
WTF is 24?

Chobbish.

Bancan
November 12, 2007, 07:36 PM
hahah hahaha.......:floor:

I just had to login and quote kabir bhai and write 'haha'....

stopped watching 24 after season 3. Just found it too repetitive...

The last season was horrible. Good thing the strike made fox cancel 24 for the upcoming season.

One very common thing is the ding ding ding sound they play when they show the timer.

Omio
November 12, 2007, 08:00 PM
Chobbish.
.... bole dor dis,:-p

Hatebreed
November 12, 2007, 08:06 PM
24 sucks. Who likes Heroes?

layperson
November 12, 2007, 08:27 PM
WTF is 24?

Ask that to your wife. Apparently all the girls go weak in their knees for Jack bauer.

Bancan
November 12, 2007, 10:30 PM
Just watched the new episodes of heroes and prison break. Heroes answered a lot of my questions but now i have tons more. And PB's fall finale wasnt that good.

AsifTheManRahman
November 12, 2007, 11:06 PM
Heroes and Prison Break, yeah!

ialbd
November 12, 2007, 11:14 PM
Just watched the new episodes of heroes and prison break. Heroes answered a lot of my questions but now i have tons more. And PB's fall finale wasnt that good.

yea prison break & heroes (a must watch for me)...

sad to hear the fall finale (havent watched it yet) wasnt thats good but that nothing surprising. The first season of PB was so good, all the episodes after that in comparison arent even close. I hear the rating is dropping. This season started with such a cheesy weak storyline. They put schofield in sona in the end of the last season and thought they wud come up with a great plot in the break. Clearly they havent and threw in the stereotype "kidnap people and bargain for their freedom' policy....

AsifTheManRahman
November 13, 2007, 09:40 AM
Well, Heroes isn't doing too good either, but I must say it's still better than PB. Perhaps it will drop to PB's level in its third season?

Kabir
November 13, 2007, 09:52 AM
Ask that to your wife. Apparently all the girls go weak in their knees for Jack bauer.

I asked her "Mention some good things about 24". She asked the same question: "WTF is 24?"

Apparently all desi girls are an exception...and they like Kahani Ghar Ghar Ki's Ram more than Jack Bauer!

Bengaliprince176
November 13, 2007, 03:35 PM
24? dont watch it...heroes is menna be good. does anyone watch (waiting to watch) Lost??

ialbd
November 13, 2007, 03:48 PM
24? dont watch it...heroes is menna be good. does anyone watch (waiting to watch) Lost??

yea watch lost too. when is the season starting?

Bengaliprince176
November 13, 2007, 03:54 PM
january i think...but apperently writers on strike so likely to be delayed. what u reckon will happen at the start of this series?? the end was pretty weird at end of season 3!

zahid
November 13, 2007, 06:03 PM
WOT THE HECK?

The Thread is titled "Common things on 24".

NOT Do you like 24 ? OR Discuss your current fav.TV Show

Please use some common sense and not post anything if you don't watch 24. Duh!

Alien
November 14, 2007, 11:10 PM
.and they like Kahani Ghar Ghar Ki's Ram more than Jack Bauer!

OMG! Are you serious? Anyway, Ram has a much easier life than Bauer who keeps saving the world and gets pissed on.

Kabir
November 15, 2007, 09:59 AM
OMG! Are you serious? Anyway, Ram has a much easier life than Bauer who keeps saving the world and gets pissed on.

Threw a stone in the dark. Never watched Kahani Ghar Ghar Ki, and didn't know Ram is a character there also. It's just that, all Indian soaps fall under the same template, and usually the names remain the same too. So...

Fazal
November 15, 2007, 12:17 PM
WOT THE HECK?

The Thread is titled "Common things on 24".

NOT Do you like 24 ? OR Discuss your current fav.TV Show

Please use some common sense and not post anything if you don't watch 24. Duh!

Only thing I see common on '24' is they (2,4 & 24)are multipe of 2s.

Kabir
November 15, 2007, 12:24 PM
Only thing I see common on '24' is they (2,4 & 24)are multipe of 2s.

:floor:

Priceless!

rubel_18
November 15, 2007, 01:06 PM
24 sucks. Who likes Heroes?

I like Heroes, u seen the recent episode wen Peter gets his memory bak, showed all the events that occured between season 1 and 2

Bancan
November 15, 2007, 10:06 PM
House is the best show.........

zahid
November 16, 2007, 03:54 PM
Another stupidity of BC Members. sigh!

Hatebreed
November 16, 2007, 06:36 PM
I like Heroes, u seen the recent episode wen Peter gets his memory bak, showed all the events that occured between season 1 and 2

Yes, that was a great episode. Man I love this show. Though I still can't figure out the whole exploding Peter, save the cheerleader part, and how that played out 6 or whatever months ago. Hopefully they will go back to explain that more before getting too far into the new 'viral' epidemic arc.

The latest episode of Prison Break was pretty good too. It's getting more interesting now.

ialbd
November 16, 2007, 07:54 PM
The latest episode of Prison Break was pretty good too. It's getting more interesting now.

i think ppl were getting bored with Sona, so had to transfer schofield some where else, although they might bring him back to sona with agent mahon coming back there...

Sovik
November 16, 2007, 08:20 PM
Scrubs anyone?

AsifTheManRahman
November 16, 2007, 08:47 PM
i think ppl were getting bored with Sona, so had to transfer schofield some where else, although they might bring him back to sona with agent mahon coming back there...

I don't think they will bring him back to Sona. In fact, I think this was a plot to break him out of prison and go after the real bad guys. Don't know if you watched any clips on the Jan 4th episode, but they show how the brothers talk to the Panaman officer responsible for getting him out about everything that happened, indicating that the guy is there to help. They also show a scene where the girl working for the General (I forget her name - the one who killed Sarah) gets captured and Scoffield questions her.

AsifTheManRahman
November 16, 2007, 08:54 PM
Yes, that was a great episode. Man I love this show. Though I still can't figure out the whole exploding Peter, save the cheerleader part, and how that played out 6 or whatever months ago. Hopefully they will go back to explain that more before getting too far into the new 'viral' epidemic arc.

What is it that you can't figure out? I thought he'd exploded and let Nathan go before that. Since Peter can heal, it wasn't too hard for him to recover.

And what about the cheerleader part? Had she died, or had Peter not tried to save her, he would never had grown healing powers. Since Peter's apparently out on a mission to "change the world" (although it could be for the wrong reasons, seeing that Adam's worse than all of the boogeymen that the tracking device has ever seen in her dreams), failure to save the cheerleader would have led to the downfall of the world. After all, Peter's the most powerful of 'em good guys.

In any case, I think Prison Break has reached a point where it is kind of dragging the show along already - unless they get careful, they may end up like Smallville, which IMO should have been closed by now. Heroes too seems to have lost the plot for a bit, with Matt's dad getting captured so easily. The characters are also getting pretty one dimensional.

Hatebreed
November 16, 2007, 09:13 PM
What is it that you can't figure out? I thought he'd exploded and let Nathan go before that. Since Peter can heal, it wasn't too hard for him to recover.

And what about the cheerleader part? Had she died, or had Peter not tried to save her, he would never had grown healing powers. Since Peter's apparently out on a mission to "change the world" (although it could be for the wrong reasons, seeing that Adam's worse than all of the boogeymen that the tracking device has ever seen in her dreams), failure to save the cheerleader would have led to the downfall of the world. After all, Peter's the most powerful of 'em good guys.

The explosion part was shown in the episode, but it didn't show how it got to that stage. There were flashes in the first season where Peter was in the middle of the street and people running away, none of that was elaborated in this episode and appearantly no one realised there was a massive nuclear explosion in the sky, so some events must have taken place that averted that situation. I know Claire's healing power helped Peter heal, thus survive, but that didn't prevent the explosion did it? So it would have happened regardless if it were not for Nathan who flew him to the sky. I know in some long-winded way Peter survival will play out a big role in the future, but it's not being explained to a good amount of detail. The show is getting a bit ahead of itself and fillers won't do. I want them to slow down, go back and close that explosion/cheerleader arc completely.

Yea I don't know what's gonna happen to him. Why would they bring him back because of Mahone though?

AsifTheManRahman
November 16, 2007, 09:27 PM
The explosion part was shown in the episode, but it didn't show how it got to that stage. There were flashes in the first season where Peter was in the middle of the street and people running away, none of that was elaborated in this episode and appearantly no one realised there was a massive nuclear explosion in the sky, so some events must have taken place that averted that situation.

Well I'd think it got to that stage because with so many Heroes all around him, Peter was finding it impossible to control the absorption of several different kinds of powers (at least that's what they showed in the previous season). But you're right - it's funny how no one seemed to have noticed the explosion...or maybe they did, but the general mass' reaction isn't relevant to the show? I would like to know what happened to Nathan's candidacy though. Did they pick a different governor because he wasn't able to lead?

I know Claire's healing power helped Peter heal, thus survive, but that didn't prevent the explosion did it? So it would have happened regardless if it were not for Nathan who flew him to the sky. I know in some long-winded way Peter survival will play out a big role in the future, but it's not being explained to a good amount of detail. The show is getting a bit ahead of itself and fillers won't do. I want them to slow down, go back and close that explosion/cheerleader arc completely.

Hehehe, I'm sure we would all like to get our answers NOW, but you got it right - there will be an explanation some day, and they are intentionally keeping it off till God-knows-when.

Hatebreed
November 16, 2007, 09:44 PM
Well I'd think it got to that stage because with so many Heroes all around him, Peter was finding it impossible to control the absorption of several different kinds of powers (at least that's what they showed in the previous season). But you're right - it's funny how no one seemed to have noticed the explosion...or maybe they did, but the general mass' reaction isn't relevant to the show? I would like to know what happened to Nathan's candidacy though. Did they pick a different governor because he wasn't able to lead?
I wonder if the Haitian was around him (or if they met before then, can't remember if they did) he would have been able to supress his nuclear ability. Hopefully they will get back to it and show more of what happened before Nathan flew him away. I'd assume Nathan's candidacy was cancelled as he was severely injured for months from the explosion. It would have been nice to see more of Sylar as the President though. His role also something I'm curious about how it's gonna fit in to the Peter/Adam change-the-world quest.

Hehehe, I'm sure we would all like to get our answers NOW, but you got it right - there will be an explanation some day, and they are intentionally keeping it off till God-knows-when.This depth in story and curiousity is what makes this show so much interesting. I just don't want it to become Lost.

AsifTheManRahman
November 16, 2007, 09:53 PM
Any idea on what Peter's mom's powers may be? Or Hiro's dad's for that matter? And what they might have done to Matt's dad to deserve his anguish? Was Adam actually using the latter to avenge what Hiro had done to him a zillion years ago? If so, why go after Peter's mom? Was it because she was emotionally involved with Hiro's dad?

And what happens to Peter's new girlfriend? Does she just say trapped in the future? Does she simply disappear from the present? If so, how does the course of events involving her from the present to the future evolve? Questions, questions.

I like her accent though. Is it British? South African? I like how they have so many British people in the show - true to the New York spirit.

Hatebreed
November 16, 2007, 10:12 PM
Any idea on what Peter's mom's powers may be? Or Hiro's dad's for that matter? And what they might have done to Matt's dad to deserve his anguish? Was Adam actually using the latter to avenge what Hiro had done to him a zillion years ago? If so, why go after Peter's mom? Was it because she was emotionally involved with Hiro's dad?
No idea what their powers are. If I speculated, Peter's mom might have some power of persuation, like that girl Eden, or telepathic ability similar to Matt (remember when he tried to get inside her head? She also might have helped Peter remember her). Not sure about the others. I thought Matt's dad was working for Adam? If I'm correct it's Adam who is seeking revenge from both Hiro and also for being locked away by the company.

And what happens to Peter's new girlfriend? Does she just say trapped in the future? Does she simply disappear from the present? If so, how does the course of events involving her from the present to the future evolve? Questions, questions.

I like her accent though. Is it British? South African? I like how they have so many British people in the show - true to the New York spirit.I think she's trapped in the future because you literally travel in time. If she existed in the present it would have caused some kind of paradox.

She plays an Irish in the show but is an English actress. It's nice to see English people in the show. Adam suits his character really well

Hatebreed
November 16, 2007, 10:19 PM
Btw, Adam plays an Englishman, but is an American actor.

Bancan
November 16, 2007, 10:30 PM
Wow in depth discussion about Heroes. Anyway so no Aishwariya in the show so far eh?

AsifTheManRahman
November 16, 2007, 10:33 PM
It's interesting how these actors have to (and are able to) adopt an accent in the space of a few days. Take Di Caprio in Blood Diamond for example.

However, Mohinder's accent is audibly fake. He did a terrible job of it. They should've stuck to the typical Indian accent (not that he has a typical Indian accent in real life, having been brought up in the US).

AsifTheManRahman
November 16, 2007, 10:34 PM
Wow in depth discussion about Heroes. Anyway so Aishwariya in the show so far eh?

She was supposed to play Mohinder's sister, but didn't happen. Not that I care much about Bollywood actresses.

Bancan
November 16, 2007, 10:40 PM
It's interesting how these actors have to (and are able to) adopt an accent in the space of a few days. Take Di Caprio in Blood Diamond for example.

However, Mohinder's accent is audibly fake. He did a terrible job of it. They should've stuck to the typical Indian accent (not that he has a typical Indian accent in real life, having been brought up in the US).

Hugh Laurie's(House) american accent is amazing. I like his american accent better. Makes him sound like a bigger jerk.

I always wondered what kinda accent is Mohinder's. If thats suppose to be indian then he did a terrible job at it.

Another good show is Friday Night Lights.

AsifTheManRahman
November 16, 2007, 10:43 PM
Oh this reminds me - I've spent sleepless nights trying to figure this out: What happens to Mohinder's taxi??? It is so confusing! How does he get his cab back? Early in the first season, they show him running away from it to avoid Bennett. If that's what you're gonna do in NYC, there's no way you're getting your taxi back without calling the cops. Later in the season, they show him bringing Peter's corpse back to his mom after Sylar kills him. In the background stands the same cab that he had left in the middle of a busy NYC street several episodes ago.

How exactly does he get his taxi back? These are important details that shouldn't be missed out by any means! I can live without the "Save the cheerleader, save the world" explanation, but I can't do so without an explanation on Suresh's taxi related matters. Does he have a secret power that allows him to whistle lost objects back to himself? Is that how he got his cab back? Is he then a hero? Is there something they aren't telling us? After all, his sister had powers too, so I wouldn't be surprised if he is a taxi puller.

AsifTheManRahman
November 16, 2007, 10:45 PM
I always wondered what kinda accent is Mohinder's. If thats suppose to be indian then he did a terrible job at it.

I think it's supposed to be what it is, an Indian-British fusion, characteristic of so many Indians who attempt to master the British accent but fall well short.

Bancan
November 16, 2007, 10:46 PM
Oh this reminds me - I've spent sleepless nights trying to figure this out: What happens to Mohinder's taxi??? It is so confusing! How does he get his cab back? Early in the first season, they show him running away from it to avoid Bennett. If that's what you're gonna do in NYC, there's no way you're getting your taxi back without calling the cops. Later in the season, they show him bringing Peter's corpse back to his mom after Sylar kills him. In the background stands the same cab that he had left in the middle of a busy NYC street several episodes ago.

How exactly does he get his taxi back? These are important details that shouldn't be missed out by any means! I can live without the "Save the cheerleader, save the world" explanation, but I can't do so without an explanation on Suresh's taxi related matters. Does he have a secret power that allows him to whistle lost objects back to himself? Is that how he got his cab back? Is he then a hero? Is there something they aren't telling us? After all, his sister had powers too, so I wouldn't be surprised if he is a taxi puller.

:floor:Taxi puller. There is always plot holes in every show. Some minor , some big. So is there like big discussions on this taxi issue on fan sites?
Heard on attack of the show that some heroes stuff are being auctioned off. Would love to get my hands on one of those paintings by Isaac. I miss Isaac.

AsifTheManRahman
November 16, 2007, 10:51 PM
Don't worry, Peter's the new Isaac.

I don't know much about fan sites, but was having the same discussion with co-workers on a lazy Friday afternoon. They provided various explanations, but amar kotha hocche "arey baba, eitai jodi howe thake tahole sheta tv te dekhate ki etoi koshto lage? ektu dekhale ki hoy? shudhu shudhu ghum haram."

Hatebreed
November 16, 2007, 10:55 PM

Or Hugh Laurie from House.

However, Mohinder's accent is audibly fake. He did a terrible job of it. They should've stuck to the typical Indian accent (not that he has a typical Indian accent in real life, having been brought up in the US).I think it's his real accent though. He played as a theatre actor in England so that's where he must have picked it up and Heroes director probably told him to stick to it. I know for realism a stereotypical Indian accent would have done the job, but he's not bad to listen to. Who is to say his character didn't study abroad for years as he obviously comes from an educated family.

She was supposed to play Mohinder's sister, but didn't happen. Not that I care much about Bollywood actresses.
Glad she didn't, less stardom the better. Mohinder would look like a cockroach next to her. :-D

Hatebreed
November 16, 2007, 10:59 PM

LOL. Probably reported it to the police by telling them a guy with the horn-rimmed glasses tried to "violate" him and he ran away. :lol:

AsifTheManRahman
November 16, 2007, 11:00 PM
Yeah, Hugh Laurie does a brilliant job with his American accent.

He is absolutely the man. Actually, not him, but House.

zahid
November 17, 2007, 07:54 AM
Maybe the Thread should be renamed to 24 bolods of BC. :lol:

Bancan
November 17, 2007, 01:49 PM
Yeah, Hugh Laurie does a brilliant job with his American accent.

He is absolutely the man. Actually, not him, but House.

I was watching House on Global and sometimes there are some facts about the show or actors. One of facts were that Hugh Laurie suffers from depression and he realized that he had a problem when he was feeling bored during a demolition derby!!!

Bancan
November 17, 2007, 01:55 PM
Maybe the Thread should be renamed to 24 bolods of BC. :lol:

Did you expect more than 10 replies in a thread titled common things on 24 if everyone sticked to the subject. You should be happy that you got 47 replies, cause otherwise this thread would have been in the bottom of pile in forget cricket.

zahid
November 18, 2007, 04:42 PM
Did you expect more than 10 replies in a thread titled common things on 24 if everyone sticked to the subject. You should be happy that you got 47 replies, cause otherwise this thread would have been in the bottom of pile in forget cricket.

Suuuuure, I should be happy that only 1 or 2 were about 24. :floor: