PDA

View Full Version : One imp. point: both Enamul Jr. & Aftab thinks its early

fwullah
October 17, 2003, 11:59 AM
One important point that had struck me is that both Enamul Haque Junior and Aftab Ahmed said in Bangladesher Khela that it is early for them to get into the test squad.

Mahmood
October 17, 2003, 12:08 PM
They did not say its early for them to play test. They meant they did not expect a call so early, meaning it is an unexpected call. It is kind of a joy exclamation.

Aftab will play 1st test, however, I do not think Enamul will get a chance this time. I hope he understands that.

Tehsin
October 18, 2003, 01:52 AM
Don't want to be rude but BK's staff sometimes miss the whole point while translating/wrting the reports/articles. They have been off so many times, it's just not reliable. But, they do post it in bangla and thus making it accesible to more bangladeshis worldwide.

BangladeshCricket
October 18, 2003, 08:11 AM
I didn't see how he got out last two matches ....but is it too early for aftab...hope Rajin plays atleast a decent innings in test matches...we am hoping for only a draw...

Ehsan
October 18, 2003, 08:19 AM
I seriously think Aftab shouldn't be included for this series at least, let him go to the tour that Nafis was to attend and let Nafis play for the natinal team. I don't know what has happened to Rajin, he is under-performing. Hope he doesn't go a flop against England. Enamul Jr. must be in the team to help the bowling side, he is a great prospect. Let Aftab spend some time with the A team and when he matures, he can play for the national team no doubt.

BangladeshCricket
October 18, 2003, 08:25 AM
it's really tough now to decide whether to include or not...if you see last tour match...Pakistan exposed so many new faces...couple of them had few experience playing international cricket and also were young like our youngsters Rajin, Aftab, Nafis, Jr., Kapali...but they performed very well even now they performing ok. Yaseer, Akmal, and Umar Gul was new but they did decent contribution. I guess not only experience is the factor, but also performance, persistency, confidence and overall eager to do well and contribute for the team also other important factors.

rafiq
October 18, 2003, 09:31 AM
The reports have said Faruque (chief selector) has had his eye on Aftab for a while and it wasn't just one knock against england. I agree that it was the wrong time for him to score 8 and 4 against england, but the kid has played well for some time, has good technique and may not even play in the first test. the main problem with selecting nafees may have been they didn't want to play him at anything other than opener, and hannan and golla are set as openers for tests.

also the 2 u-19 players are supposed to go to pakistan, so they will be replaced for the 2nd test unless they light up the place with their performance.

[Edited on 18-10-2003 by rafiq]