PDA

View Full Version : Do Rafiq&EnamulJr. go well tegether?

pagol-chagol
October 17, 2003, 02:21 PM
Do Rafiq&EnamulJr. go well tegether?

We need some expert analysis here. Optimist mentioned a little in the other thread. But I think this topic deserves its own thread:

Here's what Optimist wrote:
"If Enamul is a left-arm chinaman then it's really great. But if he is orthodox and Farooq's assessment is based on the fact is that Rafique mainly depends on his arm-ball for his wickets and Enamul (like his name sake sr.) depends on turn and flight then I don't think it's a big difference."

Sameercreep where are you hiding?

[Edited on 17-10-2003 by pagol-chagol]

Mahmood
October 17, 2003, 02:40 PM
They are both same type of bowler, yet Faruk said they bowl differently. I think that was more of a "smart answer" than wise.

This is the same reason, BD never played Moni and Rafiq together in tests. Always only one got chance to play, since both are left arm orthodox bowlers.

What would be nice is to have is an off spinner, but there seems to be none at this moment. MORX anyone?

[Edited on 17-10-2003 by Rajputro]

rafiq
October 17, 2003, 02:42 PM
what about kapali, rajin?

Mahmood
October 17, 2003, 02:48 PM
Rajin is an off spinner, but, so far he only bowled 14 overs, gave 34 runs and got one wicket in tests. So we are not sure how effective he can be in tests.

Kapali is a leg spinner, and can be good as we have seen in the 2nd Pakistan test. However, he is given to bowl irregularly. Sujon should use him more.

Nascer
October 17, 2003, 03:03 PM
[Edited on 6-11-2004 by Nascer]

Sham
October 17, 2003, 03:49 PM
I haven't seen Enamul bowl but maybe Faruk is right, maybe he is more of a turner than Rafiq. Rafiq doesn't turn much.

What could be interesting is if Rafiq bowled round the wicket like a left-hander does, and put pressure on England by bowling a disciplined line and varying his pace and flight and Enamul, on the hand, came over the wicket, bowled a mid-off stump line and tried to give the ball a tweak. That would make things hard for the English batsmen.

If they both come round the wicket and pitch on or outside leg, I don't think it will be too prudent to pick two left-arm orthodox bowlers.

Zobair
October 17, 2003, 10:34 PM
He is obviously enjoying himself...
http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/39463000/jpg/_39463036_enamul203.jpg