PDA

View Full Version : Monjur in National Cricket

Mahmood
October 17, 2003, 04:23 PM
Monjur is now playing for a team called AIUB ( I do not know the abbreviation). They beat BD Police yesterday. Monjur took 2 wickets giving 15 runs.

Surprisingly, the hero was an unknown bolwler named Faisal who took 5 wickets for 23 runs.

May be Manjur's career is on the decline!

[Edited on 17-10-2003 by Rajputro]

Optimist
October 17, 2003, 08:27 PM
Raj, you seem to be a keen observer. Please keep track of these young players if you can and let us know how they did on subsequent matches. Monjur has seldom taken 4/5 wickets in a limited over matche. I really can't ever remember him running through an opponent in oneday........He is more off a line and length bowlerr who can be dangerous if the pitch misbehave.

BangladeshCricket
October 17, 2003, 08:35 PM
Manjur is more line and length bowler because his test matches is more about not giving enough runs and rooms for the batsman to score. But I read that later on he was bowling away from the batsman to avoid the charge which Whatmore didn't like...let's hope for the best...the main problem is for pacers and seamers' lifetime is not very lengthy like batsman's career....cuz batsman can bat even they are in thirties but pacers career ends soon unless he is like genius pacers like malcom, lilee, wasim, imran, kapil and others.

Nascer
October 18, 2003, 05:53 AM
[Edited on 6-11-2004 by Nascer]

fwullah
October 18, 2003, 12:40 PM
One abbr. of AIUB is American International University of Bangladesh (or in otherwords - Amma) situated in Banani. I was allowed in the admitted test for MBA in that uni, but did not get admitted.

Hannan Sarkar is from AIUB.

nasifkhan
October 18, 2003, 12:51 PM
Manjurul is not a student or anything of AIUB. AIUB have hired manjurul and some dhaka league players to play for them in the national league.

AIUB got the chance to play in the national league as they were the champs of the Pvt uni Cricket Champ which was held last year.

Players Manjurul, Mosaddek Rubel, hannan Sarker and quite a few other Dhaka League players played for AIUB last year. They were like Real Madrid , all outisiders.