PDA

View Full Version : Whatmore in?

Ehsan
October 18, 2003, 10:24 AM
Holy crap what-more is in. You guys better watch your words :P

Welcome to the board what-more.

Finally we got a Whatmore's clone in this board. ;)

[Edited on 18-10-2003 by ehsan]

Nasif
October 18, 2003, 01:15 PM
may be its the real one :P

Ehsan
October 18, 2003, 04:22 PM
Would have been great if it was the real one. This gentleman says his locations is london and borned in 1977. Now thats too late for whatmore to born ;).

Please response to this if you are really Dev Whatmore. And if not then pls don't mind, have a great time in Banglacricket.

[Edited on 18-10-2003 by ehsan]

Ehsan
October 18, 2003, 04:23 PM
I think Fab Appu and Mona did say something to Whatmore about BanglaCricket. So, what happened then?

Mahmood
October 18, 2003, 05:17 PM
To be honest, Whatmore does not need to come to this site to get his head straight, he is already good enough. However BCB officials and Selectors would be benifitted largely by coming here. Someof their poor decision might be saved, also they would see if they are taking the right direction or not from this huge fan base.

Carte Blanche
October 18, 2003, 10:36 PM
Would be a good idea if someone advertizes a banglacricket.com plackard during the Eng vs BD Test/ODI series. I doubt whatmore would actually come to visit us, but some BCB officials might find it educative, as Rajputro bhai mentioned. It's a much more matured and sophisticated forum with genuine discussions than many other forums I have visited (not just cricket or sports). BCB officials might as well check out what the real fanatics (not lunatics) think of the team.

Tehsin
October 18, 2003, 10:44 PM
The only folks that came to the board (that I know of) are Athar and Saber Hussein (when he was the president). He emailed me several days back, that was a surprise as well.

As for Whatmore - I think not. :)

As for the placard - let's post a new thread.

Orpheus
October 18, 2003, 11:05 PM
Damn I always forget that this is internet and can be viewed by anyone. I should really watch what I say from now on. We should all watch it!

Tehsin, I am eager to know Athar's comments. Mind sharing? We also wanna ask him a lot of questions - tell him to post something - so we know who he is and post questions :)

Carte Blanche
October 18, 2003, 11:08 PM
Tehsin/Rajputro,

How about you guys try to get hold of a former BD player like Athar, Bulbul, Nannu and introduce a section like "Ask Athar/Nannu", pretty much like what Sky Sports has for Bob Willis and David Lloyd. Of course we wouldn't want them to be inundated with queries, but you can always filter the unnecessary/pointless questions. Just a suggestion.

Ehsan
October 18, 2003, 11:22 PM
Great suggestion Carte bro.

mona
October 19, 2003, 12:25 AM
yeah fab made me go ask tehsin bhai's questions to dav...but i kind of caught him at a bad time and made him miss Sanwar's wicket..but yeah i can remember saying 'banglacricket.com' about a million times and telling him that tehsin bhai made it and all...the physio dude..John is it...took a bit of interest and he was like 'banglacricket.com? that's nice.' and i was like yeah...so who knows maybe....?

Mahmood
October 19, 2003, 12:32 AM
Sham is working on it. He has contacted some and will persue other former crickers.

Untill we are famous, ,it is hard to convince them. That is why we ask for your help.

To run this site, Me and Tehsin bhai is enough, we don't need money from sponsors. What we need sponsors money is for publicity. Once some of you gets us some advertisements, we will take that money and try to sponsor something on a serise. For example, RC COla sponsored the official drinks which they had to pay BCB 3 Lakhs Taka.

If we can sponsor something for BCB in a serise, it will go to all papers, people will know. Then asking a former player for this site will make it a strong offer.

So friends, help BanglaCricket.

Tehsin
October 19, 2003, 11:15 AM
I had a phone interview with Bulvul several years ago, that was when he was playing in London. Poor guy was outside a shopping center on his cell phone - freezing. Felt sorry for him. Lost contact afterwards.

As for Athar bhai - he was very interested, had him come to the chat room and out of the 80 or so members, only 4-7 showed up - that killed us. Shikkha hoye geche, next time I will have to make sure we get enough response before wasting his time. Fwullah was the one who gave me Athar bhai's email at that time, does anyone have that address still ?

BangladeshCricket
October 19, 2003, 11:58 AM
i guess the suggestions of putting the add while the game is on a great idea...but who will sponsor it ...not sure if it will be cool if Whatmore is in...but I guess he will enjoy our conversations and postings....who knows he might listen to us too :lol:
But I think we have great ppl with great suggestions over here ;)...so it's no harm lolz

Mahmood
October 21, 2003, 04:53 PM
I found the perfect thing for our advertising.

The current rate for Bilboards on the field during a test and ODI series is 60,000 Tk. Thats 1000 USD. So, once we get advertisements and make that 1000, we can spend it by getting us a billboard on the field, so not only BD people, but the whole world can see "www.banglacricket.com - where true tiger fans belong".