PDA

View Full Version : Dandruff Problem

zahid
December 2, 2007, 07:21 PM
To those who are living outisde BD, do you have Dandruff? If yes, how do you control or have got rid of it?

I never had Dandruff when I was in Bangladesh. ( Must have been the Jui coconut oil magic :) )

I got CLEAR from Bd. Didn't work. Currently, I am using Nizorelle and a Sunsilk Vitamined oil, which I picked up in Dubai and it's a temporary solution only for 1-2 days after use.

irteja
December 2, 2007, 07:36 PM
use Selsun Blue

Anher
December 2, 2007, 07:43 PM
head&shoulder works perfect.

Miraz
December 2, 2007, 07:44 PM
Follow Britney therapy

http://yeeeah.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2007/02/britney_spears_bald_11.jpg

:)

Anher
December 2, 2007, 07:47 PM
HolyCowDung miraz bhai!!!

Orpheus
December 2, 2007, 08:41 PM
use Selsun Blue

head&shoulder works perfect.

Two good suggestions. Even though Miraz bhai got the best one.

The systematic way for you to approach this:

Dandruff shampoos are classified according to their active ingredient:
Zinc pyrithione shampoos (Selsun Salon, Head & Shoulders). These contain the antibacterial and antifungal agent zinc pyrithione, which has been shown to reduce the fungus that causes dandruff and seborrheic dermatitis.
Tar-based shampoos (Neutrogena T/Gel). Coal tar, a byproduct of the coal manufacturing process, helps conditions such as dandruff, seborrheic dermatitis and psoriasis by slowing cell turnover.
Shampoos containing salicylic acid (Ionil T). These "scalp scrubs" help eliminate scale, but they may leave your scalp dry, leading to more flaking. Using a conditioner after shampooing can help counter dryness.
Selenium sulfide shampoos (Selsun Blue). These shampoos help prevent cell turnover and may also reduce the number of malassezia. Because they can discolor blonde, gray or chemically colored hair, be sure to use them only as directed and to rinse well after shampooing.
Ketoconazole shampoos (Nizoral). The newest addition to the dandruff armamentarium, ketoconazole is a broad-spectrum antifungal agent that may work when other shampoos fail. It's available over-the-counter as well as by prescription.

Keep trying shampoos from different categories (each atleast for two weeks, daily and keep it on head for a while before washing). Buying different branded shampoos with the same active ingredients will not help.

alternative medicine:
While there are many purported home remedies for dandruff, one therapy that seems to be effective is daily shampooing with tea tree oil. Tea tree oil, which is extracted from the leaves of the Australian tea tree (Melaleuca alternifolia), has been used for centuries as an antiseptic, antibiotic and antifungal agent. It's now included in a number of shampoos found in natural foods stores. The oil is generally well tolerated but may cause allergic reactions in some people.

source: http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/dandruff/DS00456/DSECTION=5

good luck baldie...

Kabir
December 2, 2007, 10:18 PM
I use Pert Plus...but that might only be a Canadian thing. Doesn't work like Nizarol in most people...but Nizarol never works for me.

Nafis_BD
December 2, 2007, 10:30 PM
I use Pert Plus...but that might only be a Canadian thing. Doesn't work like Nizarol in most people...but Nizarol never works for me.

Hey I use Pert Plus too and it works really well too but I have to maintain it by using coconut oil and etc. I never tried Nizarol so cant comment on that. I would suggest going to a doctor first before trying any of the shampoos as some, might not suit you and might mess up your hair or something.

Orpheus
December 2, 2007, 11:07 PM

I just checked their msds (don't know why), but it's no different than head and shoulder. That was my point, different brand with same ingredients would be fruitless to use.

So if head and shoulder didn't work, pert plus or salsen salon or whatever with pyrithine zinc won't work.

reference: http://www.pertplus.com/msds/pdf/Pert_Plus_Antidandruff_Shampoo.pdf

Tehsin
December 2, 2007, 11:32 PM
You could always use 'fair and lovely'. You'll be as fair as your hair (assuming you have white flakes). :)

Selsun Blue works fine in the east coast. It didn't work in Texas/Arkansas.

Yasin
December 3, 2007, 02:57 AM
Selsun blue definitely.

Antora
December 3, 2007, 03:39 AM
well you can use selsun blue.. or you can do it the herbal way.. as my mum does it.
It actually works!! haha
well wat you do is.
get warm water in a cup and put a tea bag in it.
then once the water has gone a little cold take the tea bag out and massage the tea on to your scalp.
leave it on for about an hour and then wash it out!
CAUTION!!! dont do as my choto mama did.. he left it on for half the day and his hair went red! so only leave it on for an hour or 30 minutes.!

trust me it works =]
btw.. this stops your hair from falling a lot too!

zahid
December 3, 2007, 05:17 AM
Tried Head & Shoulders - absolutely no use. And hair even started falling off after using that! eek!

Tried Neutrogena T-Gel - didn't work either.

Tried sesame seed oil and mustard oil - no use. ( As most BD people use Mustard oil, I decided to try that .. hehe )

I'll see if Selsen Blue is available here.

cricket_pagol
December 3, 2007, 05:22 AM
The only shampoo that works for me is Nizoral. I highly recommend it.

Rabz
December 3, 2007, 01:06 PM
Tried Head & Shoulders - absolutely no use. And hair even started falling off after using that! eek!

Tried Neutrogena T-Gel - didn't work either.

Tried sesame seed oil and mustard oil - no use. ( As most BD people use Mustard oil, I decided to try that .. hehe )

I'll see if Selsen Blue is available here.

tahole to bhai mone hosse apnake khuskir shathe shomjhota kore basho bash korte hobe...

make peace with dandruff and live happily ever after.

zahid
December 3, 2007, 07:01 PM
The only shampoo that works for me is Nizoral. I highly recommend it.

ami kiptami korey Nizoraler choto bhai Nizorelle kinlam. Dhat!:mad:

Hatebreed
December 3, 2007, 07:40 PM
You shouldn't try too many products on your hair. Use one and stick to it. I always use H&S and never had dandruff. There are different home remedy for treating dandruff, you can find some of them here- http://www.home-remedies-for-you.com/remedy/Dandruff.html

If you still have problems, talk to your GP.

Murad
December 3, 2007, 07:47 PM
Use Head & Shoulder everyday for at least 4 weeks. YOu will get the result. Don't use too many shampoos else very soon you will become a TAKLU.

zahid
January 29, 2008, 07:07 AM
Did a bit of research and I am pleased to say that I am now onwards to a Full recovery.

Fungus called Yeast start growing on your scalp. They increase the speed of skin replacement in the scalp. Dadruff is basically that shed out skin.

Treatment for Yeast is Selenium. Shampoos that use Selenium gives action externally. Brazil Nuts is the only food with the highest amount of Selenium and gives action internally via the Blood.

LOREAL ELVIVE INTENSIVE Anti-Dandruff Shampoo ( with Active selenium Disulfide ) worked for me.

Sovik
January 29, 2008, 07:17 AM
i had dandruff problem. i am saying had because i don't have it anymore. used vinegar once and worked

Puck
January 30, 2008, 08:25 AM
it's really unusual for adults to get dandruff. i'd take the advice some of the others have dished out here. use head and shoulders for at least six weeks or get a number one.

i am also a great believer in looking at the causes of crime. which one of your friends or girlfriends are giving you dandruff? get rid of them and all will be well :)

Fazal
January 31, 2008, 05:30 PM
i am also a great believer in looking at the causes of crime. :)

Yes... shave your head and then apply shorisar tel on it.

sunny747
January 31, 2008, 11:50 PM
use jujuba oil

DJ Sahastra
February 1, 2008, 12:00 AM
Head and Shoulder works for me. Besides, it is mild enough for daily use.

And yes, don't switch shampoos.

mshakir56
February 1, 2008, 12:57 AM
I have used Selsun Blue myself, and it works perfect against Dandruff, but its negative side effect is that it causes serious hair loss. Everytime I used Selsun Blue, bunch of hair used to come off.

lamisa
February 7, 2008, 11:26 AM
all clear

Nafis_BD
February 7, 2008, 02:38 PM
I have used Selsun Blue myself, and it works perfect against Dandruff, but its negative side effect is that it causes serious hair loss. Everytime I used Selsun Blue, bunch of hair used to come off.

It might not be the shampoo that causes the hair loss you know. Dandruff means that your scalp is dry and the dead skin on your scalp is the dandruff/flakes which weakens your hair roots causing the hair to fall when disturbed.

Fazal
February 7, 2008, 04:17 PM
all clear

What does it mean.? Does it mean it was Ghola before?

zahid
February 7, 2008, 05:52 PM
it's really unusual for adults to get dandruff. i'd take the advice some of the others have dished out here. use head and shoulders for at least six weeks or get a number one.

i am also a great believer in looking at the causes of crime. which one of your friends or girlfriends are giving you dandruff? get rid of them and all will be well :)

Na, kuno gf dey nai :)

zahid
February 7, 2008, 05:53 PM
Yes... shave your head and then apply shorisar tel on it.

Fazal mamu, apney ki oita already try korsen? Korley, amio kortey raji :D