PDA

View Full Version : 2008 US presidential election thread

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Rubu
December 4, 2007, 06:54 PM
I think this deserve a thread now since things are hitting up already because the primaries are starting in a month.

Did anyone hear the NPR sponsored Iowa democratic debate today?

Some guy made a very courageous comment regarding why US has to be biased toward israel and why democratically elected hamas has to be an terrorist organization. I could not catch the name of the guy, who is he?

Well, I guess I can wail to find that out cause he will surely be labeled anti-semitic now and his political career will be ruined soon. so, whoever ends up last is the guy.

BTW, did anyone else find that Hilary is just another republican in disguise?

Orpheus
December 4, 2007, 07:38 PM
The only two men I support are Ron Paul and Kucinich. Neither of them have any chance unfortunately due to the way election is set up. I like Ron paul's consistency on foreign policy and do things that are constitutionally sound. I however do not like many of his radical economic changes that he proposes.

About kucinich, I don't know why media made kucinich a joke, I seem to agree with most of the things that he says yet candidates like Hillary and Guiliani are leading in the poll for their respective partys. It is very sad. These debates hardly change people's opinion. People's opinions are formed by how media presents the candidates, how charismatic the candidate is and by all other non-consequential things, which have nothing to do how well the candidate can run a country.

I think it will be a sad day for America if it is a Hillary vs Guiliani election. I have lost faith in our voters when George Bush was re-elected.

Orpheus
December 4, 2007, 07:41 PM
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/FG2PUZoukfA&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/FG2PUZoukfA&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

goru
December 4, 2007, 08:04 PM
Ron Paul for President!!

tutul
December 4, 2007, 08:13 PM
Ron Paul has:

*Never voted to raise taxes.
*Never voted for an unbalanced budget.
*Never voted to raise congressional pay.
*Never taken a government-paid junket.
*Never voted to increase the power of the executive branch.
*Voted against regulating the internet.
*Not participated in the lucrative congressional pension program.
*Repeatedly been named the “Taxpayers’ Best Friend” in Congress.

A Ron Paul presidency will:

*Let American keep more money of their own money.
*End the IRS.
*Stop the central bankers’ “inflation tax.”
*Stop unconstitutional spending leading us to bankruptcy.
*Stop the financial dependency on China, Saudi Arabia, and other foreign governments.
*Oppose trade deals and groups that threaten American Independence.
*Protect our privacy and stop the national ID card.
*Protect our constitutional rights and end the “Patriot” Act.
*End “birthright” citizenship for illegal aliens.
*Bring our troops home from no-win “police actions.”

So let’s go for Ron Paul. He is a the “Hope for America.”

tonoy
December 4, 2007, 08:22 PM
either obama or ron paul.

AsifTheManRahman
December 4, 2007, 08:32 PM
This will be interesting. Are Americans still prejudiced enough to not elect a non-Caucasian President? Will that prevent Obama's nomination because Americans would rather have a female President than someone of a different race (the statement is constructed as such because while even we've had female Heads of State, America in its long history has yet to elect a female)?

Ideally, Clinton should win the nomination through her own rights, so that makes these hypothetical questions. What if, hypothetically speaking, Obama gains enough popularity to beat Clinton in public polls?

These are not accusations towards the people of the US of A, but rather some things that I find interesting.

Giuliani could stir up hagu and win, but go Obama! Even if you don't make it to the main elections! (underdog support kora rokte dhuke gese)

Orpheus
December 4, 2007, 08:52 PM
Americans would rather have a female President than someone of a different race

I doubt. If you look at history, blacks were given rights to vote before women. I wouldn't call obama an underdog... I think he is one of the top dogs.

Rabz
December 5, 2007, 12:05 AM
Seems like its going to be a Hillary Vs Gulliani race.
And beside Obama, i really dont know any other candidates...

Tigers_eye
December 6, 2007, 10:33 AM
lol, wouldn't it something if the following happens?

Hillary vs Hackabee (currently leading Iowa polls by a large margin)

Arkansas woman vs Arkansas man.
either way I win.

Moshin
December 6, 2007, 10:54 AM
im going 4 hillary < she talks really confidently

Rubu
December 8, 2007, 10:47 AM
Hillary and confident in the same sentence?

I thought she is the one who always talk like 'I can see why A would see this way and why B would think that way', never having an opinion of her own and going with the flow.

shaad
December 8, 2007, 11:41 AM
My views are similar to those of Orpheus. While I like aspects of Ron Paul's platforms, I find his economic stances almost libertarian in some ways, and that prevents me from supporting him. Frankly, I think Americans already pay less taxes than say, Western Europeans, and get much less in return. The solution is not necessarily cutting taxes, but using the revenue to actually improve the state of the nation instead of waging stupid wars (much of the American infrastructure, e.g. highways, bridges, etc. is in a very bad state, and cutting off streams of revenue are not going to help repair them).

I like Kucinich, but I believe his chances of getting elected are close to zero. Since you asked Orphy, part of the reason he isn't getting good press is because he isn't quite as friendly to the DLC and thus big business (see Herman and Chomsky's Manufacturing Consent: The Political Economy of the Mass Media if you haven't already) and is viewed as likely to shake up the "economic" status quo.

As for the rest, Giuliani is essentially a fascist hawk, Clinton is effectively Republican-lite, Obama has been using the razzle-dazzle and not really stated much in the way of his policy platforms, Huckabee is ignorant on Foreign Policy, and Romney is a hypocrite who will sway with the wind (and particularly right-wing fundamentalists) to win a single vote.

But does it matter? The US, in my opinion, is in a state of decline from which it is unlikely to recover. Whoever gets elected president will, at best, affect temporarily the rate of this decline, not alter its downward trajectory.

Orpheus
December 8, 2007, 12:49 PM
But does it matter? The US, in my opinion, is in a state of decline from which it is unlikely to recover. Whoever gets elected president will, at best, affect temporarily the rate of this decline, not alter its downward trajectory.

man, you make me wanna move to Canada. I don't think Asif will be happy at all.

shaad
December 8, 2007, 01:52 PM
man, you make me wanna move to Canada. I don't think Asif will be happy at all.

Orphy, it's not going to turn into a third world nation overnight. Kintu diversify koro, kichhu European Union, Chinese, ar Indian girlfriend jogar koro, just in case :smug:

cricket_pagol
January 4, 2008, 03:47 AM
Good to see obama win the Iowa caucus so convincingly... He seems like the most honest candidate!

Sohel
January 4, 2008, 08:32 AM
OBAMA, OBAMA MAMA ALL.THE.WAY ... :up:

BD-Shardul
January 4, 2008, 01:01 PM
I want to see BH Obama in the Oval office in 2009. Hope H doesn't become his obstacle on his way.

Moshin
January 4, 2008, 01:57 PM
Well now I changed my mind from Hillary to Barack Hussain Obama, why I dont' know exactly, and I dont really want to care about American politics even though it affects the whole world, well he said he will get out the troops from Iraq when he is elected plus he beat Hillary into first place, and she is behind in third in the Iowa caucus, now that is really dissapointing, plus I think he is a muslim, imagine that the first Black American president (I don think he is still a muslim, his Kenyan dad was when they moved to Indonesia, can someone remind me?).

Video of Barack Obama, beating Edwards and Clinton
<OBJECT height=355 width=425>
<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/eUw-MIVG9J4&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></OBJECT>

Murad
January 4, 2008, 02:10 PM
Kare vote dibo janina.. but definitely not Hillary. She has some mental problem. She changes her statements almost everyday. Plus she also has some issue against Muslim like the Republicans.

This year, I don't see any good canditates for the predidency. Obama is just okay. He will have hard time winning in most of the states, especially in NY.

Farhad
January 4, 2008, 06:26 PM
I think Obama will be hard to stop now that hes won Iowa. Historically, a percentage of the rest of the American Public seem to switch over to the Iowa leader. The only reason Iowa is so important is because it gives the leader momentum.

Get this, since 1992, 7 out of 8 of the winners in Iowa have gone on to lead their respective parties...

shaad
January 4, 2008, 06:44 PM
I think Obama will be hard to stop now that hes won Iowa. Historically, a percentage of the rest of the American Public seem to switch over to the Iowa leader. The only reason Iowa is so important is because it gives the leader momentum.

Get this, since 1992, 7 out of 8 of the winners in Iowa have gone on to lead their respective parties...

If Hillary wins in New Hampshire (she is currently leading in Reuters/C-SPAN/Zogby poll, but not in other polls), then it's still quite open. If she loses, then that's it for her.

As for the Republicans, it should be an interesting battle in New Hampshire between Romney and McCain.

Rubu
January 4, 2008, 07:09 PM
I'm thinking about going to primary in michigan!!!!

problem is, the way democratic primary works, i might end up standing at a corner all by myself for Kucinich. but then again, I can always join Obama group.

AsifTheManRahman
January 4, 2008, 07:20 PM
I think Obama will be hard to stop now that hes won Iowa.

Well, I can't be too confident about that. NH's still open.

I've been reading the "Audacity of Hope" and a lot that the man has to say is pretty encouraging. However, it would be great if he could stress more on concrete plans rather than simply promising to practice "clean politics" and restore the values around which America was founded and had operated until the end of World War II.

Obama 2008!

shaad
January 4, 2008, 08:27 PM
Well, I can't be too confident about that. NH's still open.

I've been reading the "Audacity of Hope" and a lot that the man has to say is pretty encouraging. However, it would be great if he could stress more on concrete plans rather than simply promising to practice "clean politics" and restore the values around which America was founded and had operated until the end of World War II.

There are a few things I didn't like about Obama (though I find him preferable to Hillary). The first is the point you mention, that he likes to make airy generalizations and promises, as opposed to presenting concrete plans. The second was his attempted critique of the health care plans presented by the other Democrats, e.g. Edwards; for a while there, he was parroting the mud-slinging speeches of Republicans. Finally, he seems to believe that all he has to do is bring the corporations to the table, and that they, from the kindness of their hearts, will make all manner of profit-denying concessions for the public (and yes, if you swallow that, you would consider Enron a philanthropic charity too). Edwards at least knows it for what it is, a struggle between the middle and lower class on one hand, and the super-rich on the other, one that takes no prisoners.

Obama 2008!
As I've mentioned earlier, I don't think it makes much of a difference in the long run; the downward slide has begun, all the nominations and eventual elections will do is alter the slope of the curve.

Note also today's little news item (http://www.reuters.com/article/usMktRpt/idUSN0433330220080104) about stocks tumbling, dragging the Dow to its worst three-day start to a year since the Great Depression, as a sharp rise in the unemployment rate heightened fears that the economy is heading into a recession.

Dhurr
January 4, 2008, 09:54 PM
Note also today's little news item (http://www.reuters.com/article/usMktRpt/idUSN0433330220080104) about stocks tumbling, dragging the Dow to its worst three-day start to a year since the Great Depression, as a sharp rise in the unemployment rate heightened fears that the economy is heading into a recession.

It's not all doom and gloom. The DOW is also at its highest to start a new year... EVER. The players are playing with the market and that's why there was a drop, but the market has still been up for the year. Today was a good day if you wanted to pick up some more shares for cheap.

Farhad
January 4, 2008, 10:35 PM
It's not all doom and gloom. The DOW is also at its highest to start a new year... EVER. The players are playing with the market and that's why there was a drop, but the market has still been up for the year. Today was a good day if you wanted to pick up some more shares for cheap.

Im not too sure about that. That latest job report looks pretty gloomy to me. I dont think things are looking good for the US at this point...

P.S. Check out this article on MSN Money:
Recession Dead Ahead? (http://articles.moneycentral.msn.com/Investing/Dispatch/RecessionDeadAhead.aspx)

al Furqaan
January 5, 2008, 10:34 PM
look at this, most of you guys aren't even americans and you wanna vote for a democratic cuz their soft on the war on terror...

guiliani all the way, with romney has his VP.

kick all you seditious immigrants out!!!!!!

American for Americans...hard working white america!!!!!!!!!!

shaad
January 5, 2008, 11:33 PM
look at this, most of you guys aren't even americans and you wanna vote for a democratic cuz their soft on the war on terror...

Well, that's why we're all rooting for Huckabee; white, American, and a good fundie Christian to boot. How else can we have a good old fascist Christian theocracy in the US to combat those Islamofascists? :-p

Rubu
January 6, 2008, 10:25 AM
my view is that it would be a good thing if huckabee wins the primaries. reason being, that hardcore republican is less likely to have an impact on people who does not consider themselves red or blue. in other words, less likely to win the election. republications will go for him but not ordinary people. and ordinary people out numbers all red or blue.

Bengaliprince176
January 6, 2008, 10:27 AM

:lol: :lol: :lol: post of the thread!!

Orpheus
January 6, 2008, 02:33 PM
From now, Hackabee will be referred to as Habibi..

Top Habibi quotes compiled by Orpheus:

Why I voted for Habibi? Because Habibi and I share the same beliefs....He said.

"I may not be the expert that some people are on foreign policy, but I did stay in a Holiday Inn Express last night."

“Gay marriage will end civilization”

"There's never been a civilization that has rewritten what marriage and family means and survived."

When asked if he believes in Evolution:
“I believe the question is utterly silly to be asked on presidential debate. None of us running in order to be an eighth grade science teacher; we are running to be presidents. It is not a proper yes or no question.”

"I'm pretty sure there will be duck-hunting in heaven and I can't wait!"

"A wife is to submit herself graciously to the servant leadership of her husband even as the church willingly submits to the headship of Christ."

nobody
January 7, 2008, 12:07 AM
yesterday, I was a watching an Interview in CNN. One of the republican candidate (not high profile) was attacked by the high profile because he was blaming US foreign policy for the rise of Al-Qaida and also attacking the big conglomerate for American economic woe. Except the US politician we know the first one is quite correct and for the second one to me his reasoning was quite logical.
On the other note US media already snitching against Obama and Edwards. Yesterday they were interviewing some guy from truthmeter.com or something like that. The site claims to check the fact whether one candidate's claim is true or false. Three examples provided by CNN showed Hilary is telling truth; Edward can be call be true if some one overstreched and while Obama is probably lieing.

Farhad
January 7, 2008, 01:21 AM
I think New Hampshire is a big factor on who we can expect to see as president next year. A Republican president looks more unlikely as each day passes, so I'm paying a lot more attention to the Democratic race. Now the question is: Hillary, Obama or Edwards? As has been said earlier, if Hillary loses NH, she might as well pack it in. Latest polls are as follows:

New Hampshire
In the Democratic race, Obama is ahead of Clinton, 33%-31%, although that is within the poll’s 5% margin of error. They’re followed by Edwards at 17% and Richardson at 7%. A month ago, it was Clinton 30%, Obama 27%, Edwards 10%, Richardson 7%. The Clinton campaign yesterday released a memo from chief strategist Mark Penn, who asked: “Where is the bounce” for Obama? Well, this poll doesn’t suggest a huge bounce (after all, Iowa was just three days ago), but Obama clearly has the Mo… Perhaps the most interesting finding is the age breakdown (especially Thursday’s Iowa results and Clinton’s new strategy of appealing to younger voters). Among votes under 50, Obama has a whopping 47%-18% lead over Clinton, but among those over 50, it’s Clinton 40% Obama 23%. The change-versus-experience theme is also evident in the poll. Among those citing change as the most important quality they’re looking for, Obama beats Clinton, 65%-9%. On experience, Clinton trumps Obama, 49%-15%. The polls were taken from Jan. 2-4 of 400 Democratic and 400 GOP likely primary voters, and the surveys have a 5% margin of error.

http://firstread.msnbc.msn.com/archive/2008/01/06/553088.aspx

Tigers_eye
January 7, 2008, 09:21 AM
I liked Ron Paul.
Just because he said the truth he becomes crazy!! hai ray dunia....

In New Hampshire Omaba is leading by 10 points now. wow!!!

Parisa
January 7, 2008, 09:37 AM
about time america had a black president!!!! a woman would be better!

Tigers_eye
January 7, 2008, 10:27 AM
about time america had a black president!!!! a woman would be better!
lol, did you see what he said about his foreign policy? He would bomb Pakistan the moment he gets to White house. How do you like him now? More war and instability in that reason. Way to go Obama!!

And the woman president, lol, she has similar agenda as Republicans. Would stay Bush's course. lol.

Mahmood
January 7, 2008, 10:34 AM
I dont see Americans selecting a black or woman president. The orthodox christians will come out and vote the republicans to power once more.

The only way the democrats can win this election is if they send Edwards.

bdchamp20
January 7, 2008, 11:50 AM
BARACK HUSSEIN OBAMA all the way!

Parisa
January 7, 2008, 11:56 AM
lol, did you see what he said about his foreign policy? He would bomb Pakistan the moment he gets to White house. How do you like him now? More war and instability in that reason. Way to go Obama!!

And the woman president, lol, she has similar agenda as Republicans. Would stay Bush's course. lol.

i didnt specify in my previous message anything about obama or hillary clinton.i just said its about time USA had a black president and a woman would be better as they never had a woman president before.but i guess ur right about obama's plans.most usa presidents suck anyway.

tonoy
January 7, 2008, 12:22 PM
i didnt specify in my previous message anything about obama or hillary clinton.i just said its about time USA had a black president and a woman would be better as they never had a woman president before.but i guess ur right about obama's plans.most usa presidents suck anyway.

yes, some of the US presidents "suck". But, unlike all the British Prime ministers, they do not "suck up".

Parisa
January 7, 2008, 12:23 PM
yes, some of the US presidents "suck". But, unlike all the British Prime ministers, they do not "suck up".

the cleverest thing u said so far....that is 100% true...

Parisa
January 7, 2008, 12:24 PM
USA presidents dont need to suck up to anyone...everyone needs to suck up to them to survive..

cricket_pagol
January 7, 2008, 12:49 PM
I dont see Americans selecting a black or woman president. The orthodox christians will come out and vote the republicans to power once more.

The only way the democrats can win this election is if they send Edwards.

I don't agree with you... I think obama with his charismatic and inspirational character has the best. Just look at the turn out in Iowa, 120,000 showed up for GOP caucus and approx 220,000 showed up for democratic caucuses. i can bet that Obama will win some of the southern states that usually vote for the republican party.

Also, i think some of guys are being unnecessarily harsh on Obama for his comment that he will bomb Pakistan if they he had reliable intel that osama is hiding somewhere. Unfortunate, all the candidates have a similar stance. They all want to look tough on security. I think the republican candidates will nuke that place if they get a chance... the trouble with bush administration is that they did not go after osama, they pursued their own agenda by attacking Iraq.

Besides, Obama is the only candidate who has been against the iraq war from the very beginning. He is not a pro-war candidate.

cricket_pagol
January 7, 2008, 02:01 PM
Republicans worried about Obama (http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2008/01/07/republicans-worried-about-obama/)
Posted: 09:41 AM ET
<!--===========IMAGE============-->http://i.l.cnn.net/cnn/2008/images/01/07/art.obamarepub.ap.jpg<!--===========/IMAGE===========--> <!--===========CAPTION==========--> Will Obama appeal to many Republican voters?<!--===========/CAPTION=========-->

http://i.l.cnn.net/cnn/.element/img/2.0/mosaic/base_skins/baseplate/corner_wire_BL.gif

WASHINGTON (CNN) — Hillary Clinton isn't the only one worried about Barack Obama's post-Iowa momentum. A former top Republican official tells CNN Obama could win a significant portion of the Republican vote in a general election, if he becomes the Democratic nominee.
The leading Republican strategist, who requested anonymity because this person advises a number of Republican presidential candidates, told CNN "I think Barack Obama is a potential Robert Kennedy or Reagan figure." And "in terms of raw political horsepower, he is the most electable of any of the Democrats and potentially more electable than Bill Clinton. If he ran the right campaign he could appeal to a substantial number of Republicans and Independents."
This person insists an Obama nomination isn't a done deal. "He could make a mistake. His people could get overconfident. He needs to continue to push his theme even as she continues to hit him on different issues."
In the days since he won the caucuses, the New York senator's campaign has hit Obama on a number of issues, including his decision to hire a former lobbyist to manage his New Hampshire campaign, and his past position on the Patriot Act. Former President Bill Clinton compared Obama's early position on the Iraq war to President Bush's, and national reporters were summoned to an urgent conference call because some callers on the 'Do Not Call' registry had received robo-calls from Obama's campaign that Clinton's staff alleges did not fully comply with election law.
Yet Obama now holds a 10-point edge over Clinton in the new CNN/WMUR poll of New Hampshire primary voters released last night, and an even larger advantage in some other surveys.
This top Republican explains that Obama "is incredibly nice, he's likable. People want to like him. He's the personification of bringing people together. He's the personification of unity. People like that and it works."
He says Senator Clinton "lacks a gut level connection" with voters. "I'd rather run [a Republican] against her because she turns out our base. He [Obama] doesn't have the baggage she has and he appeals to Republicans and Independents in this post-partisan way."

Source >> (http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2008/01/07/republicans-worried-about-obama/)

Moshin
January 7, 2008, 02:28 PM
I like this guy..Obama, I was watching the election thing going on CNN, the way he talks, really throws everything that he has on the people, to grab thier attentions, his views are much better than any other candidate, but someone did mention the relationship of his ideas with Pakistan, not very satisfied with that, but I cant just figure out Hillary she is so confusing when she is talking about somthin bout change, when she went angry over John Edwards on that Facebook ABC election debate, I mean yes she has made change in the past few years, but I dont think it was relevant enough to provide that kind of information in the debate, she can't argue!
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/QZGo_IaGkuE&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/QZGo_IaGkuE&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Tigers_eye
January 7, 2008, 03:59 PM
AH!! I see my mistake. You were talking about Condi Rice. She is Black and Women. Vote for Condi!!!

Does any teen need to be told what you meant? You need a lot of growing up to do.

Parisa
January 8, 2008, 07:02 AM
AH!! I see my mistake. You were talking about Condi Rice. She is Black and Women. Vote for Condi!!!

Does any teen need to be told what you meant? You need a lot of growing up to do.

u didnt make any mistake..i was just confirming the fact that i didnt mention any names but u thought i did. does any man need to be told what you meant? You need a lot of growing up to do. :)

Farhad
January 8, 2008, 08:50 AM
NH Primaries today. Its make or break for Hillary...

Shafin
January 8, 2008, 08:54 AM
No wonder Ron Paul is mentioned so many times here
Ron Paul: The Internet's favorite candidate

Ron Paul is a Republican congressman and U.S. presidential hopeful who, in the usual shorthand of political journalists, is known as a "long shot" for the White House.

Paul's poll numbers (http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/presidential_tracking_poll) award him less than 2 percent of the vote among Republican candidates, and he was unceremoniously excluded (http://desmoinesregister.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070621/NEWS09/706210389/-1/caucus) from an Iowa debate in June organized by a tax watchdog group that happens to share his political views. Even otherwise flattering articles (http://article.nationalreview.com/?q=MDkyYzdkNDNjM2QzMmI1NGEzZmEzYWRjYzQ0OTgxNmU=&w=MA==) consign his candidacy to "the realm of dreams, not practical politics."

On the Internet, however, this courtly Texas obstetrician-turned-politician has developed a towering presence that has left his Democratic and Republican rivals largely in his shadow.

<!-- PULLQUOTE --> <newselement> </newselement> <!-- END PULLQUOTE --> Paul (http://www.ronpaul2008.com/), 71, enjoys about 160,000 mentions on Digg.com, more than the next four most popular candidates combined. Alexa.com's statistics show Paul's Web site with a narrow lead (http://tinyurl.com/39kmjt) over all the Democratic candidates and a sizable one (http://tinyurl.com/33pcha) over his fellow Republicans. Similarly, a report (http://clickz.com/showPage.html?page=3626275) by Hitwise puts Paul's Web site ahead of other GOP candidates in terms of popularity.

Source (http://www.news.com/Ron-Paul-The-Internets-favorite-candidate/2100-1028_3-6200893.html)

al Furqaan
January 8, 2008, 01:06 PM
according to CNN's poll Obama has a 9 point lead (i'm guessing its on hilary).

AsifTheManRahman
January 8, 2008, 09:01 PM
NH Primary's getting close on the democratic side: http://election.cbsnews.com/campaign2008/state.shtml?state=NH

McCain's taken the Republican one.

Murad
January 8, 2008, 09:03 PM
hmmm Seems like Hillary is winning this one.

Rubu
January 8, 2008, 09:13 PM
hmmm Seems like Hillary is winning this one.Really? that would suck big time. I think, after Bush, Hillary is the worst president America can have.

Well, only one third of the precincts have been counted so far, 4% gap can easily be overcomed.

Zunaid
January 8, 2008, 09:19 PM
I think, after Bush, Hillary is the worst president America can have.

why?

Murad
January 8, 2008, 09:22 PM
She will be worse than him. She won't go for war that much though.

She's getting the votes in that state only because of the emotions she shown yesterday. People are crazy in this country. They can easily be blackmailed with emotions.

Zunaid
January 8, 2008, 09:23 PM
She will be worse than him.

Why was he bad?

Rubu
January 8, 2008, 09:35 PM
why?For one, she is a democrat who acts, talks and votes like a republication making her a hypocrite. she is a republican in her heart, but says she is democrat, making her more dangerous than republicans.

two, she lacks the basic for being the president of a country, backbone. she is always talking trying to soothe both sides and never having an opinion of her own. she is a screwed up, from every point of view.

three, if she can use that 'last weapon' tear just to get votes, she can do anything to have anything her way.

four, in Michigan, because the local democratic party leader violated the law and tried to change the primary date, all major leaders agreed on withdrawing their name. guess who is the only one to not listen to the central leaders? for the shake of decency, she should have done that.

to the comment she will be worse than him: for sure. because I think Bill was one of the best ever.

cricket_pagol
January 8, 2008, 09:45 PM
It seems that Hillary will be saved temporarily by New hampshire women!!!

AsifTheManRahman
January 8, 2008, 09:51 PM
It seems that Hillary will be saved by New hampshire women!!!

Nope, the gap's closing. This is only about a third of the votes, so it's too early to make conclusions.

al Furqaan
January 8, 2008, 09:55 PM
Really? that would suck big time. I think, after Bush, Hillary is the worst president America can have.

Well, only one third of the precincts have been counted so far, 4% gap can easily be overcomed.

i completely don't like hilary...just an aura thing i guess.

but never underestimate the power of republicans to underestimate reality...who cares if they eff up and screw everything for everyone else, they've got Jesus saving them a sweet spot through the Pearly Gates.

Rubu
January 8, 2008, 10:01 PM
i completely don't like hilary...just an aura thing i guess.

but never underestimate the power of republicans to underestimate reality...who cares if they eff up and screw everything for everyone else, they've got Jesus saving them a sweet spot through the Pearly Gates.

I know this is a very lame example to give, but if republicans are kafeer, hilary is a munafic. and as it has been said, munafics are more dangerous than kafeers. basically, that is what I'm trying to say.

cricket_pagol
January 8, 2008, 10:04 PM
Nope, the gap's closing. This is only about a third of the votes, so it's too early to make conclusions.

I hope you are right! With 55% reporting, Hillary has 39% against Obama's 37% (diffence of 3500 votes). It will be really close...

Whatever happens here, I still think Obama will win the democratic party nomination.

Zunaid
January 8, 2008, 10:04 PM
Kafeer and Munafic is irrelevant. If you are an Us citizen, you must vote for who is most likely to protect you and your beliefs. I will take a lecherous womanizer over a drunkard extremist.

Guess who.

:)

Anher
January 8, 2008, 10:06 PM
Clinton Approx: 58000
Obama Approx: 54000

58% vote count.

Rubu
January 8, 2008, 10:11 PM
Doc, I think you did not read my post. Didn't I just praised the womanizer? Just by hearing one debate (read my first post), I wanted to vote for Kucinich. But he does not stand a chance.

Be realistic, the only two possible nominee from democratic party are hillary or Obama. and I'll take any democrat over hillary on any given day.

Sohel
January 8, 2008, 10:15 PM
The college town votes will deliver NH for Obama Inshallah. I worked for Bill's Presidential campaign in San Francisco, both of them, and supported Hillary before discovering Obama from the CSPAN coverage here in Dhaka. I was ready to send-in my AB for a possible Clinton-Obama ticket, but now it seems the order of names may be reversed there.

Zunaid
January 8, 2008, 10:16 PM
Doc, I think you did not read my post. Didn't I just praised the womanizer? Just by hearing one debate (read my first post), I wanted to vote for Kucinich. But he does not stand a chance.

Be realistic, the only two possible nominee from democratic party are hillary or Obama. and I'll take any democrat over hillary on any given day.

I did read your post. :)

I am just being extremely antagonistic. My personal preference is to take a McCain - Obama ticket. But that ain't going to happen . :)

tonoy
January 8, 2008, 10:23 PM
Id rather go republican than go pro hillary. Luckily, I have already convinced my parents to vote against hillary. So its either Obama, or they will go republican.

AsifTheManRahman
January 8, 2008, 10:23 PM
The college town votes will have to do it. I don't think they've counted Lebanon yet.

Sohel
January 8, 2008, 10:28 PM
Two things I'll NEVER do: -

1) Vote Republican.
2) Support the Pakistani cricket team.

tonoy
January 8, 2008, 10:29 PM
Two things I'll NEVER do: -

1) Vote Republican.
2) Support the Pakistani cricket team.

:lol:

AsifTheManRahman
January 8, 2008, 10:39 PM
Not looking good. Clinton's accelerating. Come on New Hampshire!

cricket_pagol
January 8, 2008, 10:40 PM
The college town votes will deliver NH for Obama Inshallah. I worked for Bill's Presidential campaign in San Francisco, both of them, and supported Hillary before discovering Obama from the CSPAN coverage here in Dhaka. I was ready to send-in my AB for a possible Clinton-Obama ticket, but now it seems the order of names may be reversed there.

Sohel bhai,

MSNBC just declared Hillary as the winner... the primary reasons are women voter in NH who voted overwhelmingly for hillary and independent votes were split by McCain and obama.

The sensitive moment of hillary where she opened up a little bit also helped... I think that was planned!

tonoy
January 8, 2008, 10:43 PM
damn with 30% votes left, I think hillary is going to win this one.

Sohel
January 8, 2008, 10:45 PM
Sohel bhai,

MSNBC just declared Hillary as the winner... the primary reasons are women voter in NH who voted overwhelmingly for hillary and independent votes were split by McCain and obama. The sensitive moment of hillary where she opened up a little bit also helped... I think that was planned!

I'll wait until the numbers are in from those college towns but the gap has widened more. Now CNN's reporting that Obama's coming out shortly to talk to his supporters, so I guess it may be over after all.

Spot on about the "sensitive moment". That helped pull-in the women's vote for her and after the pollsters confirm this, I anticipate a change of tone for the remainder of her campaign.

Sohel
January 8, 2008, 10:48 PM
Hillary has come back. Good for this great friend of Bangladesh. I'd still LIKE to vote Obama for President ... :)

AsifTheManRahman
January 8, 2008, 10:49 PM
Spot on about the "sensitive moment". That helped pull-in the women's vote for her

If this is indeed confirmed, then it'll be very frustrating.

tonoy
January 8, 2008, 10:52 PM
damn it! Obama lost this one. well, whatd you expect from a state where 44% are independent? Cheap trick played by Hillary, and had almost fooled me :mad:

Sohel
January 8, 2008, 11:01 PM
GREAT speech from Obama. I actually find myself quite moved by it.

Anyway, I hope he learns NOT to sit on a lead in the future and opt for just letting the clock run-out.

cricket_pagol
January 8, 2008, 11:06 PM
Guys, no need to be upset here...

If obama won today then hillary would have no chance. But since hillary won today, the race today is open again!!! Personally, I think Obama still has the edge... we will have to wait and see what happens.

AsifTheManRahman
January 8, 2008, 11:06 PM
Well, what can you say. It's all over. The Republicans will rule for another four years. The war on Iraq is still on. Dirty politics is still on. Personal interest over that of the general population is on.

al Furqaan
January 8, 2008, 11:27 PM
Well, what can you say. It's all over. The Republicans will rule for another four years. The war on Iraq is still on. Dirty politics is still on. Personal interest over that of the general population is on.

lets not forget that surprises abound, as in 2004.

i thought huckabee was dead with his trouncing tonight, however Fox News (yes, thats my main source of *news*, but more on this later) has stated that that is a good sign for him since NH is notoriously devoid of his christian taliban supporters. his pro-life-yet-pro-war-n-pro-collateral-damage supporters in MI and the other states are supposed to carry the tide in his favor.

as far as fox news is concerned, following the media is tough. you have to constantly cross check what they say be it CNN, NBC, BBC, ABC, CBS, al jazirah, dhaka-based daily star, john stewart's daily show, et al. who has that kinda time? plus, even after cross checking you can never be more than 10 % sure of anything, one way or the other.

so, i cut my losses i watch fox. whatever fox says, i know CANNOT be the truth and this holds true 99.9% of the time. thus i reduce my uncertainty in the news media to a mere 50 % as opposed to the 90 % u would get watching the "liberal" media outfits found elsewhere.

Farhad
January 8, 2008, 11:30 PM
There goes Obamas momentum...Forget politics, Hillary should win an Oscar. :)... If I recall correctly, the question asked was "How do you keep upbeat and wonderful?". Going from that to "not wanting the country to fall backwards" is a bit of a leap, dont you think?

cricket_pagol
January 8, 2008, 11:31 PM
Brother Al Furqaan, You can watch CNN and MSNBC LIVE from their website.

al Furqaan
January 8, 2008, 11:31 PM
I know this is a very lame example to give, but if republicans are kafeer, hilary is a munafic. and as it has been said, munafics are more dangerous than kafeers. basically, that is what I'm trying to say.

yea...i don't fully agree with that example, tho i see what you're trying to say. thats why, if i have to, i would vote for HC.

al Furqaan
January 8, 2008, 11:36 PM
Hillary has come back. Good for this great friend of Bangladesh. I'd still LIKE to vote Obama for President ... :)

sohel bhai, will you be absentee voting in november (or october)?

and is ur move to the notorious DAC permenent?

Moshin
January 9, 2008, 04:17 PM
There goes Obamas momentum...Forget politics, Hillary should win an Oscar. :)... If I recall correctly, the question asked was "How do you keep upbeat and wonderful?". Going from that to "not wanting the country to fall backwards" is a bit of a leap, dont you think?
Man... that Clinton had to win didnt she, now Im feeling Clintony again why? Oh well, come on Hillary lets win now for sure, I dont like this Obama guy, if he enters Pakistan the odds of him being killed over there are 100/1, i guess by looking at his personal life, my advice to him do not have relations with them when president... he converted to Christianity from Islam enough said:up:

Rubu
January 9, 2008, 06:32 PM
Never underestimate the power of crocodile tear. Damn! Hilary pulled just one trick on time to win a primary.

Sohel
January 9, 2008, 09:14 PM
sohel bhai, will you be absentee voting in november (or october)?

From the looks of it, though I won't be surprised to find myself chillin' with my hommies in North Beach ... :)

and is ur move to the notorious DAC permenent?

Oh yes.

al Furqaan
January 9, 2008, 09:46 PM
as Doc Z said, its our duty to vote for who will best protect our beliefs and our families.

in this case, unfortunately, it is a case of damage control.

it is impossible that someone with the views of say, a jimmy carter, will get elected. there are only 3 groups in america who will win with every election no matter what. liberal, conservative, blue, red, secular or religious, it doesn't matter. these 3 groups who will always win are:

- neo-conservatives
- big business
- zionists

Sohel
January 10, 2008, 01:02 AM
Four issues are of extreme importance to me during these elections: 1) civil liberties in light of the Patriot Act, Guantanamo and other issues, 2) healthcare slash employment as expressions of socio-economic responsibility and equal opportunity, 3) the environment, and 4) US-Bangladesh relations. Before knowing more about Senator Obama, Senator Clinton was the candidate of choice for me. Having volunteered in the Bill Clinton Presidential, the Agnos Mayoral, and later the Feinstein, Boxer and Pelosi Congressional campaigns, I consider myself pretty clear on what is really possible and Hillary seemed a good practical choice for me. Piety and compassion and hallmarks of her character and I never thought to look elsewhere. I believe the “personalization” of her campaign is aptly-timed but not an act. “Speaking from the heart” is what she should have done from the very beginning of her campaign and not let herself be “handled” too much by her PR strategists.

Anyway, when I started to follow Senator Obama’s activities on CSPAN which led me to a bit of independent research, I found myself sold on his candidacy only too happily. His upbringing, cultural insights into Islam and the developing world, and activist background made me a believer. If anybody can take on the Washington establishment based on a unified, National mandate, I think this man of integrity, the sort of integrity I have never seen before at the national level, is the one to do it. He tries to say and do what is RIGHT rather than what is POPULAR, and wants to INFLUENCE public opinion rather than just follow what is deemed as such. His personal charms only help his cause. If he gets the nomination, he will win by bringing the country together on real issues Inshallah. My only fear is that of assassination. I guess he better have a Dan Quayle-like insurance policy, wish I was joking.

If on the hand he does not get the nomination, I certainly hope Hillary puts him on the ticket for her own sake if not ours … :)

Parisa
January 10, 2008, 08:53 AM
i'm gonna miss bush for some reason even though hes one of the most hated man on my list....but whatvere president people chose this time it will definitely make history as it either its gonna be the first black president or the first female president of United States of America.

AsifTheManRahman
January 10, 2008, 11:55 AM
Solutions Barack, solutions. People want to hear about implementations. It's ok to hope and to dream, but he is stressing too much on fantasies, and that might hurt him in the long run.

He talks about making health care accessible to all Americans, so that no kid goes unattended because his/her parents couldn't pay for medication. He talks about preventing college students from dropping out because their scholarships get revoked. But he doesn't say how.

Murad
January 10, 2008, 12:00 PM
Id rather go republican than go pro hillary. Luckily, I have already convinced my parents to vote against hillary. So its either Obama, or they will go republican.

How would your parents vote in US elections? Aren't you from Canada?

Kabir
January 10, 2008, 12:04 PM
How would your parents vote in US elections? Aren't you from Canada?

He's an American...who can only wish to be a Canadian. :lol:

No offence Tonoy...just phun korlam ektu :)

Murad
January 10, 2008, 12:20 PM
He's an American...who can only wish to be a Canadian. :lol:

No offence Tonoy...just phun korlam ektu :)

But his profile shows he's from Toronto.

Kabir
January 10, 2008, 12:22 PM
But his profile shows he's from Toronto.

He's international here...came here for Uni. Like me :)

Moshin
January 10, 2008, 02:11 PM
[deleted]

Moshin
January 12, 2008, 01:12 PM
http://i.cdn.turner.com/cnn/.element/img/2.0/global/nav/header/cnn_politics.gif
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=585 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD>Road to the White House

CNN PLEDGED DELEGATE ESTIMATE

</TD><TD align=right>Customize View:
</TD><TD>
<FORM class=cnnHidden><SELECT id=cnnDD_elexCustView_list style="VISIBILITY: hidden" onchange=setCustomView(this.value)><OPTION value=Default selected>My Candidate</OPTION><OPTION disabled value="">----------------------------------------</OPTION></SELECT></FORM></TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD>

DEMOCRATS Magic Number 2,025

<TABLE class=cnnElexResultBars cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0><COLGROUP><COL width=90><COL width=3><COL width=90><COL width=3><COL width=90></COLGROUP><TBODY><TR><TD class=cnnElexResultCols>http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/.element/img/2.0/sect/election/primaries/results/main_page/candidates/big/obama_big.jpg
http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/.element/img/2.0/sect/election/primaries/results/main_page/blue_bar.gif (http://edition.cnn.com/ELECTION/2008/primaries/results/candidates/#1918)
</TD><TD></TD><TD class=cnnElexResultCols>http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/.element/img/2.0/sect/election/primaries/results/main_page/candidates/big/clinton_big.jpg
http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/.element/img/2.0/sect/election/primaries/results/main_page/blue_bar.gif (http://edition.cnn.com/ELECTION/2008/primaries/results/candidates/#1746)
</TD><TD></TD><TD class=cnnElexResultCols>http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/.element/img/2.0/sect/election/primaries/results/main_page/candidates/big/edwards_big.jpg
http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/.element/img/2.0/sect/election/primaries/results/main_page/blue_bar.gif (http://edition.cnn.com/ELECTION/2008/primaries/results/candidates/#1803)
</TD></TR><TR class=dotted_line><TD colSpan=5>
</TD></TR><TR class=graph_text><TD>Obama (http://edition.cnn.com/ELECTION/2008/primaries/results/candidates/#1918)
</TD><TD></TD><TD>Clinton (http://edition.cnn.com/ELECTION/2008/primaries/results/candidates/#1746)
</TD><TD></TD><TD>Edwards (http://edition.cnn.com/ELECTION/2008/primaries/results/candidates/#1803)
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Full Democratic Scorecard (http://edition.cnn.com/ELECTION/2008/primaries/results/scorecard/#D)

</TD><TD colSpan=2>

REPUBLICANS Magic Number 1,191

<TABLE class=cnnElexResultBars cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0><COLGROUP><COL width=90><COL width=3><COL width=90><COL width=3><COL width=90></COLGROUP><TBODY><TR><TD class=cnnElexResultCols>http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/.element/img/2.0/sect/election/primaries/results/main_page/candidates/big/romney_big.jpg
http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/.element/img/2.0/sect/election/primaries/results/main_page/red_bar.gif (http://edition.cnn.com/ELECTION/2008/primaries/results/candidates/#893)
</TD><TD></TD><TD class=cnnElexResultCols>http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/.element/img/2.0/sect/election/primaries/results/main_page/candidates/big/huckabee_big.jpg
http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/.element/img/2.0/sect/election/primaries/results/main_page/red_bar.gif (http://edition.cnn.com/ELECTION/2008/primaries/results/candidates/#1187)
</TD><TD></TD><TD class=cnnElexResultCols>http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/.element/img/2.0/sect/election/primaries/results/main_page/candidates/big/mccain_big.jpg
http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/.element/img/2.0/sect/election/primaries/results/main_page/red_bar.gif (http://edition.cnn.com/ELECTION/2008/primaries/results/candidates/#1701)
</TD></TR><TR class=dotted_line><TD colSpan=5>
</TD></TR><TR class=graph_text><TD>Romney (http://edition.cnn.com/ELECTION/2008/primaries/results/candidates/#893)
</TD><TD></TD><TD>Huckabee (http://edition.cnn.com/ELECTION/2008/primaries/results/candidates/#1187)
</TD><TD></TD><TD>McCain (http://edition.cnn.com/ELECTION/2008/primaries/results/candidates/#1701)
</TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=5>http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/images/1.gif</TD></TR><TR class=dotted_line><TD colSpan=5>
</TD></TR><TR class=graph_text><TD>
Thompson (http://edition.cnn.com/ELECTION/2008/primaries/results/candidates/#57302)
</TD><TD></TD><TD>
Paul (http://edition.cnn.com/ELECTION/2008/primaries/results/candidates/#302)
</TD><TD></TD><TD>
Hunter (http://edition.cnn.com/ELECTION/2008/primaries/results/candidates/#155)
</TD><TD></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Full Republican Scorecard (http://edition.cnn.com/ELECTION/2008/primaries/results/scorecard/#R)

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
http://i.l.cnn.net/cnn/.element/img/2.0/sect/election/primaries/results/main_page/photo_credit.gif

al Furqaan
January 15, 2008, 06:36 PM
michigan poll is going on...Rubu bhai must be making his voice heard :)

Moshin
January 16, 2008, 08:20 AM
Republican presidential hopeful Mitt Romney has won the Michigan primary, edging out his closest rival John McCain.
http://static.sky.com/images/pictures/1633183.jpg

The result will be a big boost for Mr Romney, who grew up in Michigan, after he losing the first two primaries. Mike Huckabee won Iowa while Mr McCain, a maverick Senator and former Vietnam prisoner-of-war, took New Hampshire.
Another defeat could have badly hurt the former Massachussetts governor's campaign. I just dont understand the whole thing with the democrats voting with Hillary the only one standing with 55% and the uncommited voters with 40% < what is that, maybe Michagan is a republican state am i right?

ammark
January 16, 2008, 12:44 PM
Michigan? Wouldnt be surprised if they remain true blue in the end :-)

Rubu
January 16, 2008, 10:10 PM
Michigan? Wouldnt be surprised if they remain true blue in the end :-)
I think they (should I say we?) will. even though I was hoping McCain will win from here instead of Romney for Romney seem to be making promises that no one can fulfill. McCain was more realistic. One important thing to note about Michigan is that it is the only state where #1 cause for most people is economy and the straggling auto industry. when you get hit on the stomach, nothing else matter anymore, not even the noble goal of spreading democracy(!) all over the world. anyway, back to the point, with a very high unemployment rate (7.5, highest in USA) people would want to make sure walfare has enough money so that their application does not get rejected if that time comes. I think that one element alone will be enough to make sure it will hold on to the blue.

Rubu
January 16, 2008, 10:17 PM
....... I just dont understand the whole thing with the democrats voting with Hillary the only one standing with 55% and the uncommited voters with 40% < what is that, maybe Michagan is a republican state am i right?you have to know the history behind it to understand that.

Michigan's primary was not supposed to be on Jan 15th. But both democrats and republicans state leaders agreed to bring it forward on Jan 15th so that Michigan's say has big impact on the selection of the candidate, making michigan more important. the goal was to bring more attention toward the straggling economy of michigan. however, for obvious reason (if everyone starts bringing forward their dates, all will be on Jan 1). to avoid that effect, both parties punished MI for its decision. Democrats punishment was more harsh than their counterparts. Dems not only did not give Michigan any deligation, it also asked all the candidates to not compete in Michigan. All major candidate agreed to that except one (guess who, the one who always votes like the republicans)

cricket_pagol
January 17, 2008, 04:44 PM
A federal judge on Thursday allowed Nevada Democrats to hold presidential voting in casino hotels on the Las Vegas Strip. This helps the Obama (http://www.reuters.com/news/globalcoverage/barackobama) camp because unions that already endorsed Obama can easily caucus for him during lunch hour. Obama definitely has the edge in Nevada now!!!

Read more here... (http://www.reuters.com/article/topNews/idUSN1553481720080117)

Fazal
January 17, 2008, 04:56 PM
I like kucinich.... not because I like him as a President but rather I like the prospect of being his newly wed young and attractive wife will be the 1st lady. But sadly his chance is close to 0%.

AsifTheManRahman
January 17, 2008, 04:59 PM
I like kucinich.... I like the prospect of being his newly wed young and attractive wife

And Fazal mamu does it again!

Rubu
January 19, 2008, 06:29 PM
Damn, another state goes to hillary.

AsifTheManRahman
January 19, 2008, 09:27 PM
It's ok, this loss was expected. South Carolina's what matters, and South Carolina shall be won.

Farhad
January 19, 2008, 11:01 PM
Damn, another state goes to hillary.

Not necessarily, Obama got more delegates. Its not as bad as it seems...

tonoy
January 19, 2008, 11:18 PM
damn it hillary :hairpull:

cricket_pagol
January 19, 2008, 11:25 PM
Not necessarily, Obama got more delegates. Its not as bad as it seems...

Very Good Point! The race is still wide open... There are lots of report of voter intimidation and irregularities...

Rubu
January 20, 2008, 12:17 PM
Not necessarily, Obama got more delegates. Its not as bad as it seems...Yeah, just saw that, hillary gets 12 and obama gets 13.

so, Hillary wins, but benefit goes to Obama :)

cricket_pagol
January 20, 2008, 03:11 PM
Yeah, just saw that, hillary gets 12 and obama gets 13.

so, Hillary wins, but benefit goes to Obama :)

But, Hillary gets momentum from press... all news article in prominent sites had headlines which said "hillary wins Neveda". let's hope Obama's likely win in South Carolina will give him a bump. The major problem is that Clinton leads Obama by distance among older voters... Older voters voted overwhelmingly for Hillary in NH and Neveda.

cricket_pagol
January 20, 2008, 04:39 PM
How Obama won the extra delegate at Neveda to break the tie... (http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/7198682.stm)

The votes were tied after Saturday's caucuses by 26 votes each at a district in Genoa and 24-24 at Zephyr Cove near Lake Tahoe.

At an elementary school in Genoa, caucus chairman Nancy Downey shuffled the pack of cards - which happened to have "Hillary" printed on the back - and spread them out on a table. Clinton supporter Greg Kuntz pulled out a five. An Obama supporter picked a king, clinching the vote, and securing an extra delegate to the next round of voting, when about 10,000 delegates meet at county level. "I drew the five to lose to the king," Mr Kuntz told the Associated Press. "Only in Nevada."

Mr Obama's luck held in Zephyr Cove and his supporters again won the traditional Old West tiebreaker by picking a nine and trumping the Clinton camp's five.

cricket_pagol
January 20, 2008, 04:50 PM
Sohel bhai, Huckabee is stealing your line... you have to do something!

After his loss at South Carolina, Huckabee said : “Politics, particularly this year more than perhaps any other, is not an event, it is a process and the process is far, far from over,”.

Source: (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/22744697/)

AsifTheManRahman
January 25, 2008, 05:15 PM
New Hampshire (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PKQEQ7qHvgM)

Not really claiming anything regarding the authenticity of the tape or buying any conspiracy theories, but I found this video pretty funny.

ammark
January 25, 2008, 05:29 PM
pffft. All this bruhaha over nothing. Ralph Wiggum for prez. If you want to see his campaign, download the most recent simpsons ep (its already almost 2 weeks old) :-P

AsifTheManRahman
January 25, 2008, 05:30 PM
...and Lisa Simpson for First Lady?

ammark
January 25, 2008, 05:43 PM
...and Lisa Simpson for First Lady?

Its "First Ladle"

Just listen to his stance on illegal immigrants: "Stranger Danger!" and his disciplined stance on government spending: "I only have this much moneys!"

I'm sold! :D

Rubu
January 26, 2008, 02:45 PM
today at SC, its a big test for Obama. if he can't pull off this one, he is doomed. but according to the polls, he will.

Kabir
January 26, 2008, 03:20 PM
Hmmm...I wonder what the Obama girl is gonna sing if he doesn't make it?

"I had a crush on Obama...but he couldn't live up to me..."

cricket_pagol
January 26, 2008, 03:38 PM
today at SC, its a big test for Obama. if he can't pull off this one, he is doomed. but according to the polls, he will.

A simple win is not good enough, he needs a huge win and I think he will get it based on the polls.

Farhad
January 26, 2008, 04:16 PM
Obama's got a lead of almost 15 points in the most sidespread poll carried out in the past two weeks. I think he'll make it without breaking a sweat.

Meanwhile, Ron Paul is once again at the bottom of the barrel. Personally, Im happy. The only people who actually support that guy are college students who
1) Are stoners and just want Marijuana to be legalised.
2) Have no idea what is going on in the world of politics and see all the stoners on the internet rooting for him and go with the flow.

I just fail to understand how he still manages to conjure up those 5% of votes he's currently getting. He makes no sense whatsoever. Has anybody even bothered to dig up some of his extreme views?? Heres a snippet of a piece he authorised in 1992:

Regardless of what the media tell us, most white Americans are not going to believe that they are at fault for what blacks have done to cities across America. The professional blacks may have cowed the elites, but good sense survives at the grass roots. Many more are going to have difficultly avoiding the belief that our country is being destroyed by a group of actual and potential terrorists -- and they can be identified by the color of their skin. This conclusion may not be entirely fair, but it is, for many, entirely unavoidable.

Indeed, it is shocking to consider the uniformity of opinion among blacks in this country. Opinion polls consistently show that only about 5% of blacks have sensible political opinions, i.e. support the free market, individual liberty, and the end of welfare and affirmative action.... Given the inefficiencies of what D.C. laughingly calls the "criminal justice system," I think we can safely assume that 95% of the black males in that city are semi-criminal or entirely criminal.

If similar in-depth studies were conducted in other major cities, who doubts that similar results would be produced? We are constantly told that it is evil to be afraid of black men, but it is hardly irrational. Black men commit murders, rapes, robberies, muggings, and burglaries all out of proportion to their numbers.

Perhaps the L.A. experience should not be surprising. The riots, burning, looting, and murders are only a continuation of 30 years of racial politics.The looting in L.A. was the welfare state without the voting booth. The elite have sent one message to black America for 30 years: you are entitled to something for nothing. That's what blacks got on the streets of L.A. for three days in April. Only they didn't ask their Congressmen to arrange the transfer.

You can read more here (http://www.dailykos.com/storyonly/2007/5/15/124912/740)

Do you actually believe that he accepted that contribution from that white supremacist because he "wanted to spread the message of peace". The guys a joke...

BD-Shardul
January 26, 2008, 04:37 PM
My feeling:

Republicans will be in the white house for another four years.
It doesn't matter whether Obama or Clinton wins the nomination from the democratic party, because I believe Americans are etill not mentally prepared to see an African American or a women as their president.

PS: Coincidentally, Dr. Earnest O. Startks, who taight us US History, has the same feeling and hinted it in one of his classes. He is an African American, and he says that he is a feminist.

Rubu
January 26, 2008, 06:50 PM
If four years, make it 40 years.

this is the best chance dems got to make it to the white house. if they fail, they fail for ever.

cricket_pagol
January 26, 2008, 08:10 PM
It seems obama is gonna win SC with more than 20 points!!! He is back in the race!!!

Obama 08!!!

PS: The margin is approx 28 points... this is huge!!!

cricket_pagol
January 26, 2008, 09:08 PM
My feeling:

It doesn't matter whether Obama or Clinton wins the nomination from the democratic party, because I believe Americans are etill not mentally prepared to see an African American or a women as their president.

PS: Coincidentally, Dr. Earnest O. Startks, who taight us US History, has the same feeling and hinted it in one of his classes. He is an African American, and he says that he is a feminist.

I don't agree with you.

In my opinion, Hillary is likely to lose to John Mccain (likely Rep candidate) not because she is a women, it's because Hillary is a very divisive figure (mostly due to republican spin machine... she has the image of a sly politicans)... I think she is like a "republican" politician in many ways. Anyways, The point i am trying to make is that republicans hate her and she will not do well with the independent voters (i know many democrats and independents who does not like hillary and will vote against her). The democratic base will vote for her, but that's about it.

But, in case of obama, republicans who are discontent with bush and independents will turn out in large numbers. Just look at the primary, Obama is getting a large fraction of the independent votes. I am 100% sure that if obama gets the democractic nomination, then traditional "red states" like missouri or lousiana will vote for Obama. I don't think Hillary can do that, if hillary wins, the democractic hope will rest on winning Florida and Ohio, just like John kerry's campaign. You might think that America is not ready for a black president, but how do you explain the republican and independent support for obama. For example, A black person, Harold Ford, nearly won the senate race in tennesse (a very conservative state)in 2006, he just lost by 1-2%... skin color is an issue but at the end of the day it comes down to issues and characteristics of the person.

cricket_pagol
January 26, 2008, 09:15 PM
Check Exit Polls from South Carolina... i think they tell a story.
http://www.cnn.com/ELECTION/2008/primaries/results/epolls/index.html#SCDEM

Farhad
January 26, 2008, 09:47 PM
Great win for Obama but he'll have his work cut out for him during the next week or so. Supertuesday's not looking great for him. Hillary's leading in polls in most of the 20 states, including California and NY, both of which have an outrageous number of delegates. Hopefully, he'll gain some momentum after this win and get more specific about what exactly he'll do if he becomes president.

tonoy
January 26, 2008, 09:51 PM
wohoo. hillary got pwned. or shall I say uber pwnage.

One World
January 26, 2008, 09:52 PM
Obama win South Carolina, its getting interesting still Obama has little chance in total.

Nocturnal
January 26, 2008, 11:01 PM
Fantastic SC win for Obama

AsifTheManRahman
January 26, 2008, 11:07 PM
The landslide in SC was expected. Now the question is, will Latinos and Blacks be willing to live together in harmony under the same roof?

AsifTheManRahman
January 26, 2008, 11:09 PM
I agree with cricket_pagol. Obama stands a better chance of winning the elections, against all odds, if nominated. The fact that Clinton's a member of the fairer sex will hardly have anything to do with her loss in the eventual Presidential clash.

Orpheus
January 27, 2008, 04:27 AM
this thread DOES not feel like it is in a Bangladeshi forum. How can Bangladeshis hate clintons when they brought for us, the only thing Bangladesh can be proud of, a Nobel Prize.

As long as Bill does campaigning with her and get some media coverage, I think it wil be hard to beat Hilary. Bill makes me wanna vote for the Clintons :)

my prediction: Romney vs Hillary

Rubu
January 27, 2008, 09:20 AM
this thread DOES not feel like it is in a Bangladeshi forum. How can Bangladeshis hate clintons when they brought for us, the only thing Bangladesh can be proud of, a Nobel Prize.

As long as Bill does campaigning with her and get some media coverage, I think it wil be hard to beat Hilary. Bill makes me wanna vote for the Clintons :)

my prediction: Romney vs HillaryOrphy, as I said before, I have high regard for Bill and I think he was one of the best ever.

But, think about Mujib -> Hasina or Zia -> Khaleda. I do not think Bill -> Hillary will be anything better. Hillary's past record shows, she is a real flip-flop and will do whatever the poll or republicans say. Now, will she make a difference for Bangladesh? Very unlikely. From the Bangladesh point of view it would make very little difference who the president is, dems or reps. But from the world point of view, it would not be any difference from Bush to Hillary.

Sohel
January 27, 2008, 11:10 AM
I don't think US-Bangladesh relations would suffer in case of a more than likely Obama victory. The Clintons including Chelsea, have become good friends of Bangladesh over the years, and as highly influencial people within the Democratic Party, I don't see them sitting on the fence over the next 8 years Inshallah.

That said, we're still here to lobby for the disenfranchised people of Bangladesh wherever and whenever necessary ... :)

Rabz
January 27, 2008, 01:01 PM
I dont think America is still ready for a black president. But then again, its just my own presumption. They like those black fellas, all up for equal rights, blah blah blah... but as a nation, they are not ready for a black guy to sit in the oval office.
.... too many ignorant rednecks.....

Personally, im not a big fan of Hillary, but i think it would be Bill who'd be running the show behind the scenes. In that case, i'd be more than happy if Democrats aka Hillary wins the final race to white house.

Cause i do also think that they have a soft corner for Bangladesh.

Bottom line, i couldnt care less who wins, as long as the winner is beneficier to our country.

ialbd
January 27, 2008, 01:59 PM
hmm hillary is getting all aggressive with her comments..... expected more cooler attitude....

Farhad
January 28, 2008, 11:56 AM
hmm hillary is getting all aggressive with her comments..... expected more cooler attitude....

She's using Bill to do the dirty politics. I used to be a supporter of the Clintons, but now im just surprised to see them stoop so low...Apparently, they've decided to lay off the aggressive comments for now after Obamas landslide victory.
Clinton's camp seeks gentler role for Bill (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/22875276)

Rabz
January 28, 2008, 01:15 PM
Looks like Ted Kennedy is backing Obama.
This could be a real boost for Obama as the Kennedies are the real heavyweight of American politics.

Getting a backing from such name could swing the undecided voters to Obama's way.

A big twist in the tale...
but its far from over....

Fazal
January 28, 2008, 02:07 PM
Actually Osama (thukku I meant Obama) is already popular to the far left.. early Kennedy ( a known representaive of far left) backing may hurt Obama to position himself in the middle to attrack more white voters. Kennedy is used as a kind of 'dirty word' by the right. Being black and now getting Kennedy's backing may not help him in the Super Tuesday.

cricket_pagol
January 28, 2008, 02:40 PM
Actually Osama (thukku I meant Obama) is already popular to the far left.. early Kennedy ( a known representaive of far left) backing may hurt Obama to position himself in the middle to attrack more white voters. Kennedy is used as a kind of 'dirty word' by the right. Being black and now getting Kennedy's backing may not help him in the Super Tuesday.

In the super tuesday, only pro-democrats (democrats and independents) vote, so these endorsement will definitely have an effect, especially in states like NY, CA and MA. In general JFK is loved by everyone and when Caroline Kennedy says that Obama will be a president like my father, it really resonates with American people. I think Caroline Kennedy's endorsement is a big one, because she is not into politics as much and she has never endorsed a candidate before.

The energy that obama brings into the campaign is unprecedented... I see an obama surge for Super Tuesday.

Fazal
January 28, 2008, 02:57 PM
... just a clarification. I am not taling about caroline kennedy's endorsement but rather Sen. Edward M. Kennedy's endorsement. There is no way his endorsement will help Obama in the Red states or with the independents.

But I agree Obama has created quite a stir in the Democrat Primary.

AsifTheManRahman
January 28, 2008, 11:28 PM
In her biography, Hillary mentions how the Republicans were too keen on mud slinging rather than campaigning when Bill was running for President.

Sixteen years later, she's doing the same.

Rabz
January 29, 2008, 12:11 AM
In her biography, Hillary mentions how the Republicans were too keen on mud slinging rather than campaigning when Bill was running for President.

Sixteen years later, she's doing the same.

Desperation, may i say?

Alien
January 29, 2008, 08:29 AM
Is it just me who thinks US is succumbing to nepotism? First Bush and his daddy, now Hilary and her hubby. Looks like nepotism finally hit US.

End of the day it's about picking lesser of the two evils. Whoever will win won't:

1) end the war in Iraq any time sooner (don't trust Obama much on that)
2) stop picking on Iran
3) stop supporting Israel unconditionally
4) make sure Palestinian state created any time soon
5) stop running after Laden even if the guy is dead
6) do a thing about climate change.

Saying that I hope Obama wins since Hilary is very likely to screw up big time. She votes for Iraq war then criticises Bush for screwing up the whole thing. Someone like that will probably Invade Iran and dump the problem on someone else. Just like Bush.

Kabir
January 29, 2008, 11:08 AM
She votes for Iraq war then criticises Bush for screwing up the whole thing.

I fail to see the logic here. She may have voted for the war, but doesn't necessraily Bush did the right thing. That could have led her to criticize Bush. Why not?

Alien
January 30, 2008, 02:01 AM
I fail to see the logic here. She may have voted for the war, but doesn't necessraily Bush did the right thing. That could have led her to criticize Bush. Why not?

Well, what do you expect Bush or for that matter anyone to do? How would Hilary would have done things differently? She would have voted for the war for 2 possible reason.

1) WMD
2) Oil

You don't just invade a country and walk out. US went there under the pretext of WMD. If she voted for it (based on WMD assumptions) then she is a nutjob like Bush and Blair. Else, if she voted because of oil, then she shouldn't be complaining of bringing troops home because someone has to look after your interests (oilfields and puppet government) there. Especially if you are fighting terrorist worldwide.

Personally I don't see the logic of her voting for the war if it isn't either of those 2 reasons.

Fazal
January 30, 2008, 08:42 AM
Was it voting for war? Or is it voting to give the President the power of going to war without further approval from the congress? As far as I know, Ideally the President need approval from congress to before going to war.

To me there is a difference between those two, (as I mentioned above).

Sohel
January 31, 2008, 10:00 PM
I just finished watching the debate live on CNN, and I must say, I have NEVER been more proud to be a Democrat.

Obama-Clinton, Clinton-Obama it doesn't matter at this point. The GOP would be blown away by the dream ticket Inshallah ... :)

One World
January 31, 2008, 10:30 PM
NTU Report: Other Republicans would increase spending by billions

According to a report released Tuesday by the National Taxpayers Union, Texas Congressman Ron Paul is the only remaining presidential candidate who proposes net spending cuts.
According to the report, Congressman Paul’s proposals would cut government spending by over $150 billion, a conservative estimate of the spending reductions Dr. Paul has proposed. The report concludes that the other remaining Republican candidates, Mitt Romney, John McCain and Mike Huckabee, have proposed spending increases of $19.5 billion, $6.9 billion and $54 billion respectively.

Looks like Ron Paul is the future of all Republicans.

Farhad
January 31, 2008, 10:37 PM
NTU Report: Other Republicans would increase spending by billions

According to a report released Tuesday by the National Taxpayers Union, Texas Congressman Ron Paul is the only remaining presidential candidate who proposes net spending cuts.
According to the report, Congressman Paul’s proposals would cut government spending by over $150 billion, a conservative estimate of the spending reductions Dr. Paul has proposed. The report concludes that the other remaining Republican candidates, Mitt Romney, John McCain and Mike Huckabee, have proposed spending increases of $19.5 billion, $6.9 billion and $54 billion respectively.

Looks like Ron Paul is the future of all Republicans.

Give it up. That nutjob will never win. He should have dropped out months ago. I dont know who he thinks hes kidding by remaining a candidate...

mshakir56
February 1, 2008, 01:03 AM
Well Florida was a big blow for Obama, I am not sure wheather he will be able to come of it or not. My personal favorite is Obama, due to the fact that he is a minority candidate, and he will look after other minorities such as us Bangladeshies.

Farhad
February 1, 2008, 02:45 PM
Well Florida was a big blow for Obama, I am not sure wheather he will be able to come of it or not. My personal favorite is Obama, due to the fact that he is a minority candidate, and he will look after other minorities such as us Bangladeshies.

Florida? How so?

Zobair
February 2, 2008, 07:22 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHEO_fG3mm4

Yes We Can! - Inspiring video.

AsifTheManRahman
February 3, 2008, 01:57 PM
Looks like Obama's made tremendous ground over the past couple of weeks in the 22 states. Gentlemen, lungi pechay boshen - he is going to be the next President of the United States.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/us_and_americas/us_elections/article3299816.ece

Orpheus
February 3, 2008, 02:06 PM
he is going to be the next President of the United States.
I hope so too. I don't know how good a president he will make but none the less he will be a pleasant change.... My whole life I have seen presidents from only two families.. Bush and Clinton, which is pretty sad if you think about it... What kind of shitty *** democracy is that? I don't think my wife would last as long as the bush's have.

One World
February 4, 2008, 10:33 PM
According to yet another poll — a Washington Post-ABC News survey — Mr Obama is now in a virtual tie with Mrs Clinton among Democrats nationally, after months in which the former First Lady held a double-digit lead. “This is a very contested race for the nomination,”

Well both the candidates are in high profile. Every action they make, every breath they take - will be watched by all democrats from now on. I will not get surprised to see ups and downs a lot in coming weeks.

AsifTheManRahman
February 5, 2008, 11:38 AM
Obama surges to a 13 point lead in California, and a smaller one in Missouri. Who would have thought?

http://ca.reuters.com/article/topNews/idCAN0345866120080205

Hubba hubba

Kabir
February 5, 2008, 12:07 PM
Are we only gonna know tonight, who wins b/w Obama and Hilary?

AsifTheManRahman
February 5, 2008, 12:09 PM
I doubt it. Given the closeness of the polls, it might take at least a couple of weeks before we get to know who gets the nomination.

Tigers_eye
February 5, 2008, 12:13 PM
I doubt it. Given the closeness of the polls, it might take at least a couple of weeks before we get to know who gets the nomination.
No, we should know by the end of this week who is the front runner. The electrol votes and points that matters the most. There is a special calculation that is done by the parties.

Ron Paul speaks the truth and thus he should be out of the race. That is how they do it in the other camp. sigh!!

mshakir56
February 5, 2008, 12:28 PM
The balance seems to shifting both directions all the time. All I can say is that it will be a tight contest between Obama and Hilary !

Rabz
February 5, 2008, 01:47 PM
Never thought things would come this close between Obama and Hillary.
They are the two stars of this primary contest and stealing the show from the Reps.

Whoever wins, should make the other his/her running mate.
...And if they can play thier cards right (black/female), they could swing away the voters in thier favour come this november.

SS
February 5, 2008, 02:14 PM
Whoever wins, should make the other his/her running mate.
...And if they can play thier cards right (black/female), they could swing away the voters in thier favour come this november.
Apparently, this is doubtful as Hillary won't be VP and Obama won't be VP, that's what it sounded during all the debates. That would be a dream ticket if they do run together,their opinions differ but if they have same core value as democrat they might be together very strong. Otherwise, anything can happen McCain seemed to be already way ahead for all other GOP candidates.

cricket_pagol
February 5, 2008, 02:38 PM

Nobody is likely to emerge as a clear winner today, But I think if obama wins 50-100 delagates more than hillary and he wins California, then it will be really hard to stop him from getting the nomination.

cricket_pagol
February 5, 2008, 02:46 PM
Obama surges to a 13 point lead in California, and a smaller one in Missouri. Who would have thought?

http://ca.reuters.com/article/topNews/idCAN0345866120080205

Hubba hubba

The polls are all over the place... this zogby poll which gives obama a 13 point lead has 16% lantino respondent. Whereas, a SurveyUSA poll is giving Clinton a 10 points lead and has 27% lantinos... Tradionally, lantinos make 20% of the democratic primary voter. Another thing is that independents are likely to be more pro-Obama and the zogby poll had more independents.

For more info (http://www.pollster.com/blogs/poll_surveyusa_zogby_insiderad.php)

Bengaliprince176
February 5, 2008, 02:48 PM
who are US citizens like Asif the man and others wanting to win? im hoping obama wins, i dunno why...sometimes u get that with a candidate, he seems a genuine guy!

AsifTheManRahman
February 5, 2008, 02:52 PM
Who said I was a US citizen? Half my family is, but not me :)

Bengaliprince176
February 5, 2008, 02:53 PM
lol sorry bro, i meant ppl residing in US, my bad

AsifTheManRahman
February 5, 2008, 02:54 PM
That doesn't apply to me either :)

Tigers_eye
February 5, 2008, 02:59 PM
Huckabee wins all 18 W.Va. delegates

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080205/ap_on_el_pr/campaign_rdp

A better understanding on how things will shape up can be found in the article.

Also, Obama's advantage: in red states can make him the Demo candidate.
http://news.yahoo.com/s/bloomberg/20080205/pl_bloomberg/awzlaqewe40q

Bengaliprince176
February 5, 2008, 03:01 PM
haha lol, i seemed to get the idea, canada and US were the same...which is pretty bad seeing as tho ive been to Canada twice...doh! too much south park and cartoons

AsifTheManRahman
February 5, 2008, 03:04 PM
haha lol, i seemed to get the idea, canada and US were the same...which is pretty bad seeing as tho ive been to Canada twice...doh! too much south park and cartoons

My grandma thinks Canada is a part of the US, too. You're not alone.

cricket_pagol
February 5, 2008, 03:05 PM
An Obama Sweep? What Are the Possibilities?

Could Barack Obama "close the deal" on Super Tuesday?
When almost two dozen states are voting, the Democratic presidential campaigns of both Illinois Senator Obama and New York Senator Hilllary Clinton are prepared to spin things their way. That means that the best bet going into "Super Tuesday" is that it will be a wash, with both campaigns finding enough good news to carry on through the primaries and caucuses of February.
There is no way at this point that Clinton can win the day decisively. Obama had built too many firewalls in southern and western states. But could Clinton lose the day? Possibly, and that's what to watch for on Tuesday.
Let's be clear that only something akin to a sweep would be enough to force the once-inevitable Clinton campaign to accept the new inevitability of Obama as the likely Democratic nominee and Clinton as also-ran. Patterns of early voting that favor Clinton argue against such a scenario. But Obama's late surge in states across the country keeps the possibility open enough to be worthy of discussion.
What would a sweep look like? Obama would not have to win every state or every delegate, but he would have to dominate the map in a manner that left no doubt that Democratic primary and caucus voters prefer his candidacy to that of the woman who not long ago was busy outlining her Democratic National Convention acceptance speech.
To do this, Obama would has to begin by winning California convincingly. That's possible. He's moved even or ahead most Golden State polls. Clinton is drawing huge crowds and working the state aggressively; and Obama's decision to focus most of his campaigning elsewhere in the final days is risky. But if Obama gets California and reaps the benefits of the broader focus, he is on his way to the kind of day that could transform American politics.
Obama then must come close to Clinton in her adopted home state of New York. To do that, he needs to carry New York City and do well enough statewide to pull at least 40 percent of the vote and roughly that percentage of the state's delegates. This seems possible, although the Clinton camp is working hard -- and smart -- to keep the New York senator's vote up in the city. The key may be the borough of Brooklyn, where the Clinton campaign is targeting women from the Caribbean -- a very large and engaged voting bloc that they hope to keep with Hillary.
Next comes Illinois, Obama's home state. He needs to win with over 70 percent to keep Clinton's take of delegates from congressional districts in the suburbs and downstate from being worthy of note.
Once the touchstone states are out of the way, we move to the difficult-but-not-unimaginable part: Obama must carry either New Jersey or Connecticut, states adjacent to New York that had been seen as safe Clinton turf until recently. New Jersey seems the more likely prospect. Most polls from the Garden State show him catching up with Clinton -- with some putting them even as of this morning. Late appearances could be key here, as Obama needs a maximum excitement factor to motivate new voters to get to the polls. Much attention has been paid to the fact that Newark Mayor Cory Booker is backing Obama, but that's less important than the south Jersey vote in cities such as Camden, where turnout must be large and maximized for the Illinois senator.
Also in the northeast, Obama needs to win Massachusetts. That would have been unimaginable not long ago, but with the Kennedy family pulling for him is such a high-profile manner, it is now required. Polling from the state is scant but all indications are the Obama is gaining, especially in the Boston suburbs that had been Clinton country.
In the south, Obama should take Georgia and Alabama, states with large African-American voter blocs. The exit of John Edwards -- who was splitting the southern white vote with Clinton -- complicates things a bit. But if Obama does not take Georgia and Alabama, he's got no claim to a sweep.
Clinton will get Arkansas -- her virtual home state, by virtue of her status as the wife of the former governor; and neighboring Tennessee and Oklahoma look good for her. Obama should get delegates in all three, however. (He is helped in Oklahoma by the late endorsement of the Transport Workers Union, a big player in New York City politics that also happens to be the biggest union in the Sooner State.)
Count Kansas for Obama -- it's his virtual home state, by virtue of his mother's roots there. Obama should also take Colorado, where he opened his campaign offices last fall, and Idaho, where 14,000 people turned out Saturday to hear him declare, "They told me there weren't any Democrats in Idaho - that's what they told me. But I didn't believe them." Give him Alaska as well; caucus voters in the most northerly state tend to go left and insurgent.
The same hold true for the caucus goers in Minnesota, where Obama's Saturday appearance in Minnesota drew a huge crowd.
Obama is also looking strong in North Dakota, where popular Senator Kent Conrad is solidly behind his colleague from Illinois.
That leaves three key battlegrounds, in addition to New Jersey:
* Missouri, where Clinton has some neighbor-state advantages but Obama has Senator Claire McCaskill and large, well-organized African-American communities in Kansas City and St. Louis. Obama's moving up fast; at least one poll now has him even with Clinton.
* Arizona, with a large Hispanic population and a white population that trends older, should be solid Clinton country. Obama has moved up here. If he wins, it would be a huge coup and go a long way toward making him the clear winner on Super Tuesday.
* New Mexico would be an even bigger coup for Obama, and he is fighting hard for it. His Santa Fe rally last week was huge. If very-popular Governor Bill Richardson were to endorse Obama at the last minute, that might tip things the senator's way. But Bill Clinton is seeking to head that eventuality off; the former president's keeping such a close eye on Richardson that he watched the Super Bowl with the governor.
There are a few other small-state primaries and caucuses in Utah, Delaware, America Samoa. They all look to be toss-ups. If Obama wins any or all of them, the case for awarding him the day increases marginally. If Clinton wins them, they'll give her a small measure of redemption -- unless the races for delegates and bragging rights are close. And if those races are close, then there is no Obama sweep in the offering.
What does this all add up to? An Obama sweep is imaginable, and the Clinton people know it. Obama will survive Super Tuesday; at worst, he meets the expectations of the weekend. Clinton and her aides understand that Tuesday will be her make-or-break day, which explains the edge in her closing comments regarding the campaign.
To recap: Obama should win California and Alabama, Alaska, Colorado, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Kansas, Massachusetts, Minnesota and North Dakota. Then, out of the northeast, he needs another state, preferably New Jersey. Out of the middle of the country, he needs Missouri. Out of the southwest, he needs Arizona. If he gets these, and if the delegate distribution plays right, he can claim to have dominated the day. If he adds New Mexico in the southwest and Connecticut in the northeast, and perhaps a surprise -- like Tennessee or Oklahoma -- he'll no longer be merely claiming a sweep. He'll have it, and a clear road to the nomination.

Source: (http://www.thenation.com/blogs/thebeat?pid=279743)

AsifTheManRahman
February 5, 2008, 03:10 PM
He might be able to take California, Missouri and even Georgia, but New Jersey still has him lagging behind. Grabbing 40% in New York will also be difficult, but you never know with this campaign.

Murad
February 5, 2008, 03:38 PM
the difference betwen oba n hilla is only 68 now.

he got 10 more delegates today, wondering from which state.

cricket_pagol
February 5, 2008, 03:46 PM
He might be able to take California, Missouri and even Georgia, but New Jersey still has him lagging behind. Grabbing 40% in New York will also be difficult, but you never know with this campaign.

I think Obama will lose New Jersey, but it is very likely that he will get 40% in NY. In connecticut he is likely to win... I think winning CA is the big one; he needs to win the popular vote to show his strength!!!

Fazal
February 5, 2008, 03:56 PM
Hillari no Obama...
Obama na Hillari...
Polapan ato lafa Lafi korio na...
Jai Lau sheyee Kodu...
Both will be perished against Republican attack during final showdown.

AsifTheManRahman
February 5, 2008, 08:07 PM
Georgia's been taken (cnn.com). Next in line - California. Obama - Edwards '09!

cricket_pagol
February 5, 2008, 08:30 PM
Early Exit poll numbers (they have not being correct on many occasions):
<tt>
OBAMA Leading:
Alabama: Obama 60, Clinton 37... Arizona: Obama 51, Clinton 45... Connecticut: Obama 53, Clinton 45... Delaware: Obama 56, Clinton 42... Massachusetts: Obama 50, Clinton 48... Missouri: Obama 50, Clinton 46... New Jersey: Obama 53, Clinton 47...

CLINTON Leading:
Arkansas: Clinton 72, Obama 26... California: Clinton 50, Obama 47... New York: Clinton 56, Obama 43... Tennessee: Clinton 52, Obama 41...
Drudge Report: http://www.drudgereport.com/Except CA, things are looking really good for obama...
</tt>

Orpheus
February 5, 2008, 08:46 PM
Georgia's been taken (cnn.com). Next in line - California. Obama - Edwards '09!

mccain ke topkano eto shoja hobe na... for either kaula or maiya...

One World
February 5, 2008, 09:05 PM
Clinton leading Tennessee, I am surprised!

AsifTheManRahman
February 5, 2008, 09:07 PM
mccain ke topkano eto shoja hobe na... for either kaula or maiya...

moteo shoja hobe na...McCain could very well become the next President of the US of A...but looking at the kind of momentum that Obama has generated over the past week or so, let alone the past few months, you never know...

Ajfar
February 5, 2008, 10:41 PM
one thing i heard frm someone that got me very mad..he was like..."obama jodi jita jai taile..kalo der joy hoia gelo"...that's just messed up...that's not ryt..

AsifTheManRahman
February 5, 2008, 11:02 PM
one thing i heard frm someone that got me very mad..he was like..."obama jodi jita jai taile..kalo der joy hoia gelo"...that's just messed up...that's not ryt..

It's gonna be a while before such people get over their fear/hatred of/for African Americans...heck it might never happen, sad as it is. We're a very racist bunch, unfortunately.

tonoy
February 5, 2008, 11:06 PM
It's gonna be a while before such people get over their fear/hatred of/for African Americans...heck it might never happen, sad as it is. We're a very racist bunch, unfortunately.

very true. I think we all can agree on to this.

Nocturnal
February 5, 2008, 11:35 PM
so far CNN projected state win-
Obama- Minnesota, Connecticut, Kansas, North Dakota, Alabama,Delaware, Illinois, Georgia,Colorado, Idaho,Utah = 11 state
Hilary- New Jersey, Massachusetts,New York,Tennessee, Arkansas, Oklahoma, Arizona = 7 state

and Leading so far-
Obama- Alaska,Missouri = 2 state
Hilary- California, New Mexico= 2 state

Total= 22 state (today)
source (http://edition.cnn.com/ELECTION/2008/)

AsifTheManRahman
February 5, 2008, 11:43 PM
From cnn.com: Clinton leads Obama 52 - 33 with 10% reporting in CA. The night is still young...

tonoy
February 5, 2008, 11:58 PM
ah crud, hillary getting california with a huge lead. Come on California! McCain seems to be the republican candidate.

AsifTheManRahman
February 6, 2008, 12:04 AM
Can't seem to be able to get to Obama's profile on Facebook...too much traffic?

AsifTheManRahman
February 6, 2008, 12:30 AM
Clinton projected to win in California.

cricman
February 6, 2008, 12:58 AM
If you go by delegate counts, it virtually a tie between Obama and Clinton.

cricket_pagol
February 6, 2008, 01:46 AM
If you go by delegate counts, it virtually a tie between Obama and Clinton.

If delegate count stays even at the end of the night, then i think Obama has the edge...

AsifTheManRahman
February 6, 2008, 01:50 AM
I think it's been a good night for Obama. He's won pretty big in more than half of the states and conceded few huge losses. If he can close the gap in Cali, a loss there won't hurt too much. Delegates tonight will likely be split evenly, which is great, if you compare that to polls even a couple of weeks ago. He certainly has the edge.

Sohel
February 6, 2008, 05:48 AM
He won 13 states and managed to stay within 100 delegates of Hillary. Hillary won my home state California, as well as delegate-rich NY and NJ and split large number of delegates they had to offer. This one will go down to the wire and will be decided on the Convention floor Inshallah.

My younger brother, an honorably discharged officer of the USMC, and his White, Southern traditionalist in-laws worked for the Obama campaign in Georgia, and were pleasantly amazed by the sheer number of White male votes Obama recieved around Atlanta and Fulton County. My cousins and their African-American families in Northern California and New York, and my ex brother-in-law, also an honorably discharged Marine, worked for the Obama campaign around the ranch areas close to the Wyoming border in Colorado and told me the same. I voted online as a Democrat Abroad, the "51st state" with 22 delegates, and Obama won the non-European vote hands down. Exciting stuff to witness history in the making like this.

Having said all that, if Obama falls behind in the delegates race by 100 and more, and if that trend holds, we'll be looking at a Clinton-Obama ticket straight to the White House Inshallah. Win-win situation any way I look at it ... :)

Sohel
February 6, 2008, 07:51 AM
Here are the numbers to date: -

The Race for Delegates
Democrats Needed to Win = 2,025

Candidate Pledged>Superdels.>>Total

Clinton 632>193>>825
Obama 626>106>>732

READ & KNOW MORE (http://edition.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/01/02/delegate.explainer/index.html)

cricket_pagol
February 6, 2008, 02:01 PM
Projected Delegate count: (http://ruralvotes.com/thefield/?p=517)
This is a projected delegate count without the super delegates. Obama is likely to have small lead with the pledged delegates and Hillary already has a lead of approx 90 delegates with the super delgates. Since the caucuses are coming up this weekend in Lousiana and Washington, Obama is likely to make up the deficit. Also, it seems that obama has a financial and grass roots advantage now as Hillary has spent most of her money on the big states.

http://ruralvotes.com/thefield/wp-content/uploads/2008/02/feb5delegates.jpg

cricket_pagol
February 6, 2008, 02:59 PM
Analysis of Obama's gain in different demographics
http://ruralvotes.com/thefield/?p=518

akabir77
February 6, 2008, 03:08 PM
Hilliary said she will visit Bangladesh in her first year of presidency if she gets elected...

source:
http://www.shamokal.com/details.php?nid=88017

cricket_pagol
February 6, 2008, 10:50 PM
After Hillary admitted that had to borrow $5million from personal wealth before feb 5th, The obama campaign started a counter campaign of raising that money ASAP. So far after polls closed on feb 5th - present (feb 6th 10:50pm ET), obama has raised 5.4 million and counting!!!

http://my.barackobama.com/page/community/post/samgrahamfelsen/CGGpp

Rabz
February 7, 2008, 01:20 PM
Republican candidate Mitt Romney suspends his campaign.
(Source: CNN breaking news).

McCain was well ahead of everyone. so not a surprise that slowly the other rep candidates are falling out.

Fazal
February 7, 2008, 04:25 PM
.... so thats what happens.... they fight with each other tooth to nail... in the mean time McCain waits and sharpen his teeth.

The wounded ( Obama or Hilary) will be eating alive with ease.

The only good part will be a Bangladeshi origin will be in the Whitehouse...

Fazal
February 7, 2008, 04:35 PM
Cindy McCain (wife of McCain) was a Phoenix Rodeo Beauty Queen.

Not a bad resume for a First Lady.

Nocturnal
February 7, 2008, 07:22 PM
dup.- delete

Nocturnal
February 7, 2008, 07:24 PM
.... so thats what happens.... they fight with each other tooth to nail... in the mean time McCain waits and sharpen his teeth.

The wounded ( Obama or Hilary) will be eating alive with ease.

The only good part will be a Bangladeshi origin will be in the Whitehouse...

yes this is happening for sure if Demc. need to wait until August party convention and at the end decide by super deligates ignoring real voters :(

PeaceTrain
February 7, 2008, 08:33 PM
Whoever "wins" this election would be interesting to see how they persue the road map for "Peace in the middle east" and their position on Iraq .

Peace!

Zunaid
February 7, 2008, 08:45 PM
IMNSHO, we could do a lot worse than one of Obama, Clinton or McCain. And I speak with my dual (not in conflict) identity as an American and a Bangladeshi. As I age, and the pace seems to be accelerating of late, I am becoming more fiscally conservative. I am still liberal socially. I would not be upset if any of the above wins. Yes, even MCain - someone who has adopted an orphan from Bangladesh has lots of redeeming qualities. If only I could say the same for my fellow desis.

al Furqaan
February 8, 2008, 12:28 AM
IMNSHO, we could do a lot worse than one of Obama, Clinton or McCain. And I speak with my dual (not in conflict) identity as an American and a Bangladeshi. As I age, and the pace seems to be accelerating of late, I am becoming more fiscally conservative. I am still liberal socially. I would not be upset if any of the above wins. Yes, even MCain - someone who has adopted an orphan from Bangladesh has lots of redeeming qualities. If only I could say the same for my fellow desis.

Z Mama, so if i adpot 2 iranian children its OK for me to kill 100,000 other iranians in another war so that i can "liberate" the remaining 59 million iranians?

Zunaid
February 8, 2008, 12:57 AM
Z Mama, so if i adpot 2 iranian children its OK for me to kill 100,000 other iranians in another war so that i can "liberate" the remaining 59 million iranians?

Do you know the meaning of Non Sequitor?:big_hug:

AsifTheManRahman
February 8, 2008, 01:07 AM
You know change is happening in the United States when one day Z-man resorts to emoticons to respond to what he believes is a logical fallacy instead of brushing it away with an air of cockiness.

Now that's what I call non sequitor.

Orpheus
February 8, 2008, 01:10 AM

I think he just called Mccain a rajakar.
Mccain is a screeching nutcase! and so are you for supporting him.. :big_hug:

Orpheus
February 8, 2008, 01:11 AM
Now that's what I call non sequitor.

how do you even pronounce that word.. se what.... se quit or.... or what? I won't quit.

AsifTheManRahman
February 8, 2008, 01:13 AM
nɒnˈsɛkwɪtər

al Furqaan
February 8, 2008, 01:58 AM

looking it up now...unfortunately the word is not in my current lexicon.

al Furqaan
February 8, 2008, 02:00 AM
ahh got it. its not non sequitor tho is it?

if mccain does A, and its OK. then I can do A and its OK.

AsifTheManRahman
February 8, 2008, 02:06 AM
Variations include non sequitur. Not sure if that's the British way of spelling it - my style of spelling words is highly mixed, and often I can't (or don't bother to) tell the difference between British and American.

Xavier
February 8, 2008, 11:42 AM
Variations include non sequitur. Not sure if that's the British way of spelling it - my style of spelling words is highly mixed, and often I can't (or don't bother to) tell the difference between British and American.

non sequitor? latin words... easy spelling for an italian!:D

Ajfar
February 8, 2008, 04:50 PM
so mccain has a adopted bangladeshi daughter bridget mccain...i didnt knw that..

mshakir56
February 9, 2008, 01:29 AM
To me Mccain doesn't seem like the sort of guy who can stamp his authority over things. He seems like a humble fella ! We need somebody like Obama, who is outspoken !

Farhad
February 9, 2008, 01:47 AM
To me Mccain doesn't seem like the sort of guy who can stamp his authority over things. He seems like a humble fella ! We need somebody like Obama, who is outspoken !

I can assure you that he is anything but humble. He's been known to be very outspoken at times, and thats what cost him the election last time... Even so, I dont want him as president. It'll just be more of the same if he's elected. Im fine with either Hillary or Obama, preferably Obama...

mshakir56
February 9, 2008, 12:21 PM
Hilliary said she will visit Bangladesh in her first year of presidency if she gets elected...

source:
http://www.shamokal.com/details.php?nid=88017

Why does Hilary want to visit Bangladesh in her first of year of presidency?

mshakir56
February 9, 2008, 12:29 PM
I can assure you that he is anything but humble. He's been known to be very outspoken at times, and thats what cost him the election last time... Even so, I dont want him as president. It'll just be more of the same if he's elected. Im fine with either Hillary or Obama, preferably Obama...

Yup Obama is the first choice candidate ! I am sure he is gono be the preferred Democrats candidate once the primary is over. Now the real challenge for Obama will be when he takes on Mccain in the National election. Knowing that Caucasian Americans are sometimes racist against their fellow colored countrymens, how may will turn out to vote for him. Its even possible that some of the people just voted for Hilary because of the fact that she is white, might turn their backs on Obama when the actual race for white house begins. So I would urge Obama to get Hilary Clinton on board as his deputy !

Rabz
February 9, 2008, 01:09 PM
Why does Hilary want to visit Bangladesh in her first of year of presidency?

She just wants to get as much vote as she can.
When the competition is this hard, every vote counts.

...and so what even if she says she would visit Bangladesh in her first year??
She could always postpond/suspend that tour for a "later suitable date" citing professional and personal workload.

I believe she has a lot of important countries to visit than Bangladesh during her first year of tenure.

....And if she does indeed visit our shores as she promised, i think we (Bangladesh) are onto something here.

al Furqaan
February 9, 2008, 02:09 PM
...and so what even if she says she would visit Bangladesh in her first year??
She could always postpond/suspend that tour for a "later suitable date" citing professional and personal workload.

sounds like the BCCI - board of control of clinton's international travel

al Furqaan
February 9, 2008, 02:12 PM
the only things obama has going for him (if he is the D nominee) is that young people who generally don't vote out of apathy and laziness will come out in bigger numbers and that all the black people who normally don't vote, will also vote. i'd estimate that being at least 5M votes nationwide...how many EC votes that comprises is anyone's guess.

Rubu
February 9, 2008, 02:38 PM
Regarding Clinton's visit to Bangladesh, what difference will that make? Some new patabashar trees beside the airport road, thats all.

but I think Iraq is the more burning issue. Way too many people are dieing there every day. that automatically gets priority over everything else.

Electrequiem
February 9, 2008, 02:40 PM
Wow ... Obama has a sizeable advantage over McCain than Clinton does.

http://edition.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/02/08/20008.matchups.schneider/index.html

AsifTheManRahman
February 9, 2008, 09:04 PM
There is no doubt that Obama is the better candidate when it comes to defeating McCain in the main elections later this year. For one, the guy has been enjoying great press for a while now - something that Billary's haven't had too much luck with. He appeals to independents and republicans, and it seems that there are many republicans who would vote for him against McCain if he ends up getting the nomination. He is already beating McCain by quite a margin in various polls, including one carried out by Time magazine yesterday, where Billary's either tied with or enjoying a very slim lead over the same opponent.

Come election time, the Republicans will dig up dirt and the media will probably do a 180 on the democrats. This is where the Clintons' experience can turn out to be a major disadvantage - Obama's relatively cleaner sheet (owing largely to his short career) doesn't leave much to sling mud about. People in the media are, after all, people, and Obama's charismatic personality as well as the kind of confidence that he generates and his enthusiasm are features that do affect the way people feel about this race - which puts him in an advantageous position as far as getting bad press is concerned.

Most importantly, Barack has always opposed the war in Iraq, knowing that his career could very well be on the line had it ended up as a success. He could be the candidate who could claim that his campaign has been homogeneous throughout - he can go out there tomorrow and say the same things that he has been saying over and over, and no one will be able to criticize his consistency. We have seen what happened in some of the previous elections when a democrat acted like a republican - John Kerry lost to someone as incompetent as George Bush. The inconsistencies of Billary's campaign could very well lead to republicans or even some democrats to go for the "real thing", when some of those people (republicans, independents and of course, democrats alike) would probably vote for Obama over McCain come November.

AsifTheManRahman
February 9, 2008, 09:08 PM
Landslides in Washington and Nebraska as we speak. Quite expected, and the same might happen in Louisiana too. States like Pennsylvania and Texas, however, could be where Obama has to campaign really hard if he is going to keep it close or win it by even a small margin.

AsifTheManRahman
February 9, 2008, 09:30 PM
Now some fun stuff: Huckabee rocks out (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540/vp/23085727#23071271)

Rabz
February 10, 2008, 02:07 AM
Very good post ATMR ( # 232).

cricket_pagol
February 11, 2008, 07:35 AM
A Witty take on the current spin that Hillary's win in big states matter more...
http://matthewyglesias.theatlantic.com/archives/2008/02/maine_for_obama.php

Back in October 2007, Clinton was beating Obama in Maine by a hilarious 47 to 10 margin (http://www.pollster.com/08-ME-Dem-Pres-Primary.php), but it seems he's carried the state today (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/23098411/), once again by a large margin. My understanding, though, is that this doesn't really count because it's a small state, much as Utah doesn't count because there aren't many Democrats there, DC doesn't count because there are too many black people, Washington doesn't count because it's a caucus, Illinois doesn't count because Obama represents it in the Senate even though Hillary was born there, Hawaii won't count because Obama was born there. I'm not sure why Delaware and Connecticut don't count, but they definitely don't.
Realistically, Clinton seems to have difficulty winning anywhere she can't mobilize racial polarization in her favor. Obama has, of course, deployed polarization to his benefit in a number of states (South Carolina, Georgia, Alabama, and Louisiana most notably) but he's also dominated the states with very few black voters.
UPDATE: I forgot about Missouri. Obama's win in Missouri, of course, doesn't count because the state was called too late.

mshakir56
February 11, 2008, 12:12 PM
Obama is still leading Hilary and I think it will go down to the wires !

One World
February 12, 2008, 10:11 PM
As Obama sweeps Potomac primary I am beginning to change my stance on this young orphaned kid from Hawai. He just announced to offer 4000 $ for each college goer each year if they agree to do community service. How good is that?!!
Now McCain is trying to impress people with a serious in depth voice and surrounding him with more serious looking delegates.
Yesterday I saw somewhere whites are going to become minority in US by 2050. If Obama wins (well he should) good going for immigrants definitely.

Electrequiem
February 12, 2008, 10:16 PM
1195 to 1178 for Obama.

Go OBAMA!

And as someone said, if Obama does become the president, then US will have a president whose first name rhymes with Iraq, last names rhymes with Osama...and middle name IS Hussein!

cricket_pagol
February 12, 2008, 10:52 PM
Pledged delegate count from obama's website
http://origin.barackobama.com/resultscenter/

Comparing delegate count from different news outlet...
http://demconwatch.blogspot.com/2008/02/ultimate-delegate-tracker.html

Delegate tracker for feb 12 primaries
http://demconwatch.blogspot.com/2008/02/tuesday-primary-tracker.html

I thought the following is interesting way to predict outcome based on multiple regression...
http://www.dailykos.com/story/2008/2/9/13227/22519/239/453361

One World
February 12, 2008, 11:31 PM
News desk in MSNBC are laughing at Mccain's campaign today, bit harsh indeed.

Farhad
February 13, 2008, 12:24 AM
News desk in MSNBC are laughing at Mccain's campaign today, bit harsh indeed.

Mccain? What did they say?

Electrequiem
February 13, 2008, 10:30 PM
3 more states in Obama's bag today...

Delegate count: 1253 to 1211; advantage Obama.

mshakir56
February 14, 2008, 02:39 AM
Carry on Obama ! We are all with ya !

shaad
February 14, 2008, 08:51 AM
Carry on Obama ! We are all with ya !

Ki, keu Huckabee bhaijaner dole nai? Ei dige eto sharia-sharia koro, kintu Christian theocratic state pochhondo hoi na? ;)

cricket_pagol
February 14, 2008, 04:00 PM
Ki, keu Huckabee bhaijaner dole nai? Ei dige eto sharia-sharia koro, kintu Christian theocratic state pochhondo hoi na? ;)

lol... Huckabee Jihadi candidate hole akta kotha chilo :)

shaad
February 14, 2008, 07:37 PM
lol... Huckabee Jihadi candidate hole akta kotha chilo :)

She-to Khristan Jihadi (seriously, he is a Christian Dominionist (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dominionist), quite willing to alter the Constitution in the US to bring it more in line with his notions of Christianity and more than willing to send US troops abroad to fight the "infidels").

oracle
February 15, 2008, 03:38 AM
Whether it is Obama or Hillary, more taxes are coming our way = more pressure on my wallet. And Mcain will just stick to Bush's policies to placate the right. So no optimism on my part.

Rommel
February 20, 2008, 03:34 PM
Looks like Obama will win the Democratic nomination. Go Obama!!!

auntu
February 20, 2008, 05:12 PM
then will he spark in the middle?