PDA

View Full Version : Should Bangladesh start Nuclear weapons?

Moshin
December 8, 2007, 09:39 AM
Would it be a good thing for Bangladesh to start making Nuclear Weapons, maybe in the future some time we might be attacked by, who's our enemy... i dunno... uh maybe Burma, i mean they are displacing all Rohingya Muslims to Chittagong, but why are we still friends with them I do not know. Bangladesh has not yet signed anything to say they are a Nuclear Umbrella state, so will there be any doubts that they might start producing nuclear activities in the near future, i dunno should we or not, i mean if we do, the world wouldn't really see us as a threat to the regions???

Miraz
December 8, 2007, 10:03 AM
Why not!!

It will be easy to remove poverty from Bangladesh..........

http://www.khabor.com/image/bangladesh/bangladesh_10122007_000002_bangladeshi_poors_rafiq ur_rahman.jpg

Just use a nuclear bomb.:mad:

Anher
December 8, 2007, 10:10 AM
[বাংলা]অবশ্যই কেন নয়? হানাদার মশা বাহিনী আমাদের যে প্রতিদিন আক্রমন করে, ছোট ছোট নিরাপরাদ ছেলেমেয়েরাও ঐ রক্তচোষাদের হাত থেকে নিস্তার পায়না-সেটা আপনার চোখে পরেনা? আর আপনার নজর পরল গরীব (বড়ই আচার বিক্রি করে দেশ চলে) বারমার উপর? আমার আকুল আবেদন পারমানবিক মশার কয়েল নামমাত্র দামে যেন বাংলার প্রতিটি ঘরে ঘরে ছরিয়ে দেয়া হয়।
[/বাংলা]

FireBall
December 8, 2007, 10:14 AM
[বাংলা]অবশ্যই কেন নয়? হানাদার মশা বাহিনী আমাদের যে প্রতিদিন আক্রমন করে, ছোট ছোট নিরাপরাদ ছেলেমেয়েরাও ঐ রক্তচোষাদের হাত থেকে নিস্তার পায়না-সেটা আপনার চোখে পরেনা? আর আপনার নজর পরল গরীব (বড়ই আচার বিক্রি করে দেশ চলে) বারমার উপর? আমার আকুল আবেদন পারমানবিক মশার কয়েল নামমাত্র দামে যেন বাংলার প্রতিটি ঘরে ঘরে ছরিয়ে দেয়া।
[/বাংলা]

:lol::lol::floor::floor::lol::lol:

cricket_dorshok
December 8, 2007, 10:21 AM
obossoi, I propose moshin_31 as the leader of the nuclear bomb project.

ialbd
December 8, 2007, 10:33 AM
oh absolutely..... why not....

just a thought: with banglacricket being a very popular bangladeshi site nowadays, I wonder what the google search result for "Bangladesh+Nuclear+weapon" might show...

although this thread is cent percent harmless, why joke about sth this sensitive...

Omio
December 8, 2007, 10:48 AM
If Bush vai knows then he will send one for us. So, dont worry.

shaad
December 8, 2007, 11:18 AM
On a more serious note, no, we don't need to develop nuclear weapons. Nuclear weapons in the hands of small nations are essentially deterrents, a way of telling other, conventionally more powerful nations, that if attacked, they will retaliate causing catastrophic damage. So who do you think will attack us? Most nations (except the US) are not dumb enough to have their conventional forces trapped and gradually decimated in the quagmire of 4th generation warfare.

Note also the economic costs involved in developing nukes: you need to buy or develop not only the bombs themselves, but their delivery systems, either in the form of ballistic missiles, or advanced aircraft that are certain to successfully penetrate the "enemy's" air defence. Keep in mind that we are not a wealthy nation, and the development or purchase of nuclear weapons (something I have no confidence in our government being able to keep secret) is likely to bring about economic sanctions that will further exacerbate our economic situation.

Look, for instance, at the economic mess that Pakistan is currently in. One could argue that they needed nukes to bring themselves to parity with India (whose conventional forces are superior), but it's not really a win-win situation for them, is it?

Finally, we are a signatory to the Nuclear Non-proliferation Treaty, and unlike some other superpower which feels it can break its own treaties left and right, I would like to believe that we, as a nation, keep our word.

Eventually though, I believe, most nations will get nukes; they will become almost as universal as the AK-47. Basically, the genie is out of the bottle, many nations know the science and tech involved, and all have seen the different approaches the US took towards North Korea and Iraq. Additionally, when one nation develops nukes, all the others in the neighbourhood feel obliged to develop nukes to bring about parity as well (see India and Pakistan, Israel and attempts at development of nukes by Arab states, etc.). So it's only a matter of time before the number of nuke-possessing nations expands from the current list of 9 (USA, UK, France, Russia, China, Israel, Pakistan, India, and N. Korea) to well over 50.

However, on a more lighter note, and given mohsin_31's mention of Myanmar (Burma), there is something that we can learn from the Americans and their pre-emptive wars. For when global warming causes the sea levels to rise and most of our nation is under water, we can *ahem* use our armed forces to "bring democracy to Mynamar." ;)

Moshin
December 8, 2007, 11:35 AM
Why not!!

It will be easy to remove poverty from Bangladesh..........
Just use a nuclear bomb.:mad:

Well...that is just wrong dont u think!

Moshin
December 8, 2007, 11:37 AM

Thankyou, i'll be happy to lead the success of a nuclear bomb project (!)

AsifTheManRahman
December 8, 2007, 11:49 AM
We already have nuclear weapons, in Jinjira. Like all things made in Jinjira, they just don't work.

Cricket Crazy
December 8, 2007, 03:09 PM
i wil design it...it will be different dan any other countries

Miraz
December 8, 2007, 03:13 PM
Well...that is just wrong dont u think!

You have earned your place in the next "sarcasm 101" course periodically run by BC.

Please contact the course coordinator immediately.

Anher
December 8, 2007, 03:54 PM
i wil design it...it will be different dan any other countries

Care to explain your design???

i am designing Cyclone Maker which will create SIDR, cathrina type cyclone and ofcourse we could control and direct it to other nations as we want. Nuke is an old idea which no nations would be able to use it anymore.

HereWeGo
December 8, 2007, 04:15 PM
Sure..lets do it...
We can use my garage for Uranium enrichment. :-p
I can get u a boiler and a watercooler also.

shaad
December 8, 2007, 04:19 PM
i am designing Cyclone Maker which will create SIDR, cathrina type cyclone and ofcourse we could control and direct it to other nations as we want. Nuke is an old idea which no nations would be able to use it anymore.

While not quite your cyclone maker, there are some "interesting" non-nuclear WMDs in development. Look up space-based kinetic weapons, or "Rods from God" for instance.

shaad
December 8, 2007, 04:22 PM
Sure..lets do it...
We can use my garage for Uranium enrichment. :-p
I can get u a boiler and a watercooler also.

Just make sure you don't turn into another Radioactive Boy Scout (http://www.dangerouslaboratories.org/radscout.html). More information (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Hahn) from Wikipedia.

Anher
December 8, 2007, 04:39 PM
While not quite your cyclone maker, there are some "interesting" non-nuclear WMDs in development. Look up space-based kintetic weapons, or "Rods from God" for instance.

[বাংলা]আসুন আমরা আমাদের আস্ত্র দেশীয় প্রযুক্তিতে তইরি করার চেস্টা করি। যেমন দিয়াশলাইয়ের বারূদ দিয়ে ক্ক্রেপনাস্ত্র তইরি। "খোদা প্রেরিত ডান্ডা" ঐসব বড় লোকগ জন্য। [/বাংলা]

zahid
December 8, 2007, 04:44 PM
Nuclear power plant nai ... abar nuclear bomber kotha!

rubel_18
December 8, 2007, 06:35 PM
We cant even feed ppl in our country and ur talking abt wasting money on nuclear weapons

Ajfar
December 8, 2007, 09:31 PM
ideaa taa too...heavyyy...

sunnyctg
December 8, 2007, 09:35 PM
PET E BHAT NAI ABAR NUCLEAR!:lol:

layperson
December 8, 2007, 11:26 PM
pet e bhat or feeding problem lies in India and pakistan and North korea too and may I add as bad as bangladesh while the problem is there even in USA to a limited extent but that has nothing to do with having nuclear bombs. The problem is with developing the technology or investing into R &D for that specific purpose. But thankfully the corrupted politicians were too busy looting to do stuff like that. The only good thing to come out of their corruption. I am even against nuclear power plants where Bangladesh is concerned because given the "dhila admininstration" it would prove to be a very big health hazard for the citizens eventually.

Pundit
December 8, 2007, 11:54 PM
Would it be a good thing for Bangladesh to start making Nuclear Weapons, maybe in the future some time we might be attacked by, who's our enemy... i dunno... uh maybe Burma, i mean they are displacing all Rohingya Muslims to Chittagong, but why are we still friends with them I do not know. Bangladesh has not yet signed anything to say they are a Nuclear Umbrella state, so will there be any doubts that they might start producing nuclear activities in the near future, i dunno should we or not, i mean if we do, the world wouldn't really see us as a threat to the regions???

As soon as you stop living in London and move to Dhaka or to some place near the border with Burma, your dream program will begin.

Picchi chera, 10ta thappor marbo tor pachai. Then you will get back to doing your homework.

billah
December 9, 2007, 05:19 AM
I support Comprehensive Global Nuclear Proliferation

Proliferation.

ammark
December 9, 2007, 07:15 AM

Proliferation.

It's 'Nucular' :notworthy:

Kabir
December 9, 2007, 08:59 AM
Is Paththor throwing part of the nuke game?

I think that's something we can do quite effectively! No development cost...great effect.

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/42422000/jpg/_42422379_stones_afp416.jpg

shaad
December 9, 2007, 10:45 AM
Is Paththor throwing part of the nuke game?
I think that's something we can do quite effectively! No development cost...great effect.

Well, that's largely what "Rods from God" or [বাংলা]"খোদা প্রেরিত ডান্ডা"[/বাংলা] is: dropping tungsten rods or [বাংলা]পাথর[/বাংলা]s from orbit. :-p

HereWeGo
December 9, 2007, 12:13 PM
As soon as you stop living in London and move to Dhaka or to some place near the border with Burma, your dream program will begin.

Picchi chera, 10ta thappor marbo tor pachai. Then you will get back to doing your homework.

LOL......:lol:

Michel Jackson howar shokh hoise:-p

Pundit
December 9, 2007, 12:17 PM
LOL......:lol:

Michel Jackson howar shokh hoise:-p

He he..I knew I was setting myself up for that!

Rubu
December 9, 2007, 12:35 PM
oh come on guys. he is only 13 years old (see the 31 at the end of his nick and reverse it). go easy with spanking (verbal or virtual) on him.

Cricket Crazy
December 9, 2007, 03:24 PM
Care to explain your design???

well...lets jus say its a surprise...an attractive shape...lol

al Furqaan
December 9, 2007, 04:45 PM

Proliferation.

yep, everyone having nukes = no one having nukes

Moshin
December 9, 2007, 04:46 PM
deleted

PoorFan
December 10, 2007, 12:18 AM
I suggest MODs to invent some kind of 'mark' or 'color' for 'kido's' thread.

Kabir
December 10, 2007, 12:33 AM
Like the Gmail label? That will take away all the fun...everyone will only stay in the kidos threat ;)

Navarene
December 10, 2007, 07:01 AM
As the proverb rightly goes: Pindoner nai tena, abar rajar bari'r mahoot ! :mad:

Miraz
December 10, 2007, 08:10 AM
I suggest MODs to invent some kind of 'mark' or 'color' for 'kido's' thread.

I initially thought you are demanding some action from Ministry of Defense (MOD) about the Nuclear weapon program :)

Anher
December 10, 2007, 08:56 AM
As the proverb rightly goes: Pindoner nai tena, abar rajar bari'r mahoot ! :mad:

[বাংলা] আরেকটা প্রবাদ মনে পড়ল "ভাত পায়না চা খায়, সাইকেল নিয়ে হাগ...যায়"[/বাংলা]

Hatebreed
December 10, 2007, 10:14 AM
Look what you have done! Did you know the CIA uses Google for their intelligence!??

DJ Sahastra
December 10, 2007, 11:41 AM
I just googled "Cricket" , "Nuclear Weapons" and voila! BangalaCricket shows up.

Okay, just kidding.

Instead of looking at technology to help survive imminent global warming and rise of the oceans, or climate changes that are gonna wipe away most of our glacial-rivers and coastlines in a few years, we are discussing Nuclear weapons.

cricket_dorshok
December 10, 2007, 11:46 AM
I just googled "Cricket" , "Nuclear Weapons" and voila! BangalaCricket shows up.

I googled with 'Bangladesh' 'Nuclear' 'bomb' and this thread showed up!!

Orpheus
December 10, 2007, 11:57 AM
Instead of looking at technology to help survive imminent global warming and rise of the oceans, or climate changes that are gonna wipe away most of our glacial-rivers and coastlines in a few years, we are discussing Nuclear weapons.

you know if all the Indians stopped breathing, CO2 emission of the world would be reduced by 80%, which is enough to prevent further progression of global warming. STOP BREATHING

btw DJ that was a joke...India is a great country.

Fazal
December 10, 2007, 12:23 PM

I agree. And I propose his code name as "Nulear Mohsin".

al Furqaan
December 10, 2007, 12:32 PM

Okay, just kidding.

DJ, global warming is just an element of the liberal conspiracy against the true saviors of democracy and humanity.

Tigers_eye
December 10, 2007, 01:02 PM
For two days I avoided this thread. After Asaad's post had to check.

Found out Shaad bhai is the biggest spoil sport of BC. Ato rosh-kosh hin hoilay ki choley?

al Furqaan
December 10, 2007, 03:02 PM
For two days I avoided this thread. After Asaad's post had to check.

ooohhh...i'm flattered. just between us; you, beamer, billah, razabq, rubu, ATMR, miraz, nasif, arnab, chinaman, ammark, and tehsin are the people whose every post i read. sohel bhai would be on the list, but he is too prolific of a poster.

al Furqaan
December 10, 2007, 07:01 PM
ooohhh...i'm flattered. just between us; you, beamer, billah, razabq, rubu, ATMR, miraz, nasif, arnab, chinaman, ammark, and tehsin are the people whose every post i read. sohel bhai would be on the list, but he is too prolific of a poster.

gotta add hatebreed and sadi to this list...and also spitty as well.

RazabQ
December 10, 2007, 07:18 PM
Mohsin,
If we had most of our people above the poverty line and didn't have to deal with the silting of our rivers (and desertification of North Bengal) and if we didn't have to deal with encroachment of our coastlines from the rising sea-levels and if we didn't have to worry about rampant corruption in our society and if we didn't have to worry about population growth and a if (to infinity) then yes, I'm in support of proliferation. After all why should the big boys get to have the nuclear weapons and lord it over us?

FYI, we do have one nuclear reactor in Bangladesh. My dad helped build it (civil engineer) in the early 70s - it's quite small. We also have a proper one being planned: http://www.energy-daily.com/reports/Bangladesh_plans_nuclear_power_plant_999.html

Now the fact that our 1st nuclear power plan would be at the same district as our only [বাংলা]পাগলা গারদ[/বাংলা] - I'm hoping that's just a coincidence :) But some choice headlines do come to mind :)

Orpheus
December 10, 2007, 07:29 PM
Found out Shaad bhai is the biggest spoil sport of BC. Ato rosh-kosh hin hoilay ki choley?

disagree..his jokes are very subtle...he presents himself very professionally that's all.

here is a shaad joke: (not in verbatim)

"so self-respecting man would go out of the house without his software cracking tools" in a thread on Bangladesh piracy.

al Furqaan
December 10, 2007, 08:35 PM
http://www.energy-daily.com/reports/Bangladesh_plans_nuclear_power_plant_999.html

:)

i like how they tossed in the fact that bangladesh is a muslim majority country in this article.

from now on i am going to mention this crucial piece of fact as life cannot go on without knowing this fact.

right now, as i sit typing up a lab report on the cationic polymerization of polyoxymethylene (don't ask me what this is, i have no clue myself)...i will make sure to mention that bangladesh is a muslim majority country given that the cationic nature of this mechanisim cannot fully be understood without knowing that bangladesh is a muslim majority country.

PoorFan
December 10, 2007, 08:57 PM
you know if all the Indians stopped breathing, CO2 emission of the world would be reduced by 80%, which is enough to prevent further progression of global warming. STOP BREATHING

<!--StartFragment -->Reduced by 80% India alone?!?!? Your new girlfriend is a Chinese or what?

Orpheus
December 10, 2007, 10:34 PM
<!--StartFragment -->Reduced by 80% India alone?!?!?

yup! don't you know they spew out more $hit than any other country in Asia? Think about it, if you take out Rajesh from cricinfo, the crap on their site would be reduced by almost 60%... or if I don't post, the crap in Forget cricket will increase by 30%. Or if Hatebreed leaves banglacricket, average intelligence on the forum will increase by +2 iq or if you leave, the wealth of banglacricket members will drop by 30%. Or if my new chinese girlfriend decides to leave me, that will be the 10th imaginary girl I was unable to hold onto...because she left for someone with better imagination (like Fazal)...making 100% rejection rate for me.

PoorFan
December 12, 2007, 01:06 AM
yup! don't you know they spew out more $hit than any other country in Asia?
<!--StartFragment -->-- Potential nuclear war Mohsin might have interest. ;)
Think about it, if you take out Rajesh from cricinfo, the crap on their site would be reduced by almost 60%...
-- No comment.
or if I don't post, the crap in Forget cricket will increase by 30%.
-- Ummm ... agreed.
Or if Hatebreed leaves banglacricket, average intelligence on the forum will increase by +2 iq
-- Just say it ... "I love Hatebreed".:-p
or if you leave, the wealth of banglacricket members will drop by 30%.
-- No idea at all.
Or if my new chinese girlfriend decides to leave me, that will be the 10th imaginary girl I was unable to hold onto...because she left for someone with better imagination (like Fazal)...making 100% rejection rate for me.
-- No shame losing to a legend, keep on trying.E-)

<!--StartFragment -->( Damn error message repeatedly saying 'the message too short' ... hence this irrelevant text )

Moshin
December 12, 2007, 08:39 AM
I am not interested in a nuclear war in the region ok
just askin to see if we need more protection from
other countries probably. Pakistan n India have it because,
they are friends of America, maybe we should be friends dont you think?

ammark
December 12, 2007, 09:21 AM
I am not interested in a nuclear war in the region ok
just askin to see if we need more protection from
other countries probably. Pakistan n India have it because,
they are friends of America, maybe we should be friends dont you think?

My dear young friend, while your position about nuclear weapons exposes your naivete about these matters, your curiosity is heart-warming. Over time you'll realise that Interstate Conflict has Many dimensions and the greatest fear in contemporary times is that poverty breeds conflict and instability, not the weapons of war.

Governance, Defence, Economy, Society are all pretty inter-connected, so its a bit too simplistic to say "we need nuclear weapons" or we need "military alliances". There is also a different dynamic to how states respond to and manage instability and conflict now than during the Cold War. Its just too simplistic to assume these things. :)

Moshin
December 12, 2007, 11:27 AM
Well i think we should make them so we stand tall against the world,
Bangladesh is basically known in the world right now and is not isolated
because, of negative aspects, these include floods, cyclones, they then
see us as non-capable type of country, and we can probably turn that
around by doing something new to show the world we are capable, and
that something is nuclear weapons, maybe not now, because a lot of
people are suffering, by the way Bangladesh might be gone in 30 years or so
because we are so vunerable to climate change, and we'll be under water (insha-allah that doesnt happen), so might as well make nuclear weapons if you dont agree, please say.:callme:

Rabz
December 12, 2007, 01:15 PM
Thanks Mohsin, for such a good thread.
Still few more days before the first practise match in NZ..
we needed some light refreshment.

ammark
December 12, 2007, 02:12 PM
Well i think we should make them so we stand tall against the world,
Bangladesh is basically known in the world right now and is not isolated
because, of negative aspects, these include floods, cyclones, they then
see us as non-capable type of country, and we can probably turn that
around by doing something new to show the world we are capable, and
that something is nuclear weapons, maybe not now, because a lot of
people are suffering, by the way Bangladesh might be gone in 30 years or so
because we are so vunerable to climate change, and we'll be under water (insha-allah that doesnt happen), so might as well make nuclear weapons if you dont agree, please say.:callme:

Well, then since you're requesting, here's a "brief" and inexhaustive explanation from my part. First and foremost, we're talking about resources. Creating nuclear weapons depends on having money.

Bangladesh isnt well-known as a least developing country without its reasons. Bangladesh has the highest population density for a non-microstate in the world. Bangladesh has a per capita nominal GDP (ie. in one year each person makes on average) ONLY $451 (IMF, 2004).

As of 2002, Bangladesh had 55.9 MILLION (http://www.bangladeshsociology.org/Mahbub%20-%20paper%20for%20eJournal%20vol.1.2,%20PDF.pdf) people living in 'absolute poverty'.. earning less than $1 a day.

Annually, to improve the lives (?) and run the government of the 140 million people in the country, the government allocates a budget, of which a large chunk is the Annual Development Program (ADP). The government funds all this partly from Internal Revenues, but also greatly from foreign aid. The biggest purpose generally is that the Human Development in Bangladesh will improve greatly, where people's standard of life will come to an acceptable level. Currently we're #140 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_Human_Development_Index) out of 177 countries in the UN's Human Development Index (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_Development_Index)

Bangladesh relies greatly on foreign donor funds for all sorts of projects to restructure, create and improve existing infrastructure in Bangladesh for the welfare of the common people. All sorts of things are involved in this: building roads, schools, healthcare, providing better farming methods, building dams, healthcare, etc. These are absolutely necessary for our country and there's a thousand miles left to go before the standard of living and well-being of all Bangladeshis are improved .

The economy of Bangladesh is greatly reliant on Imports of all sorts of items, and instead sustains itself through Garments exports, and money sent to Bangladesh by Bangladeshis abroad. A lot of the foreign money inflow that makes our forex reserve in surplus is through Foreign Loans as well (which everyone conveniently forgets to mention). On this front, we sustain ourselves by making the most timely repayments on the interest accrued, to keep our credit rating good, which means that other times we're still running on loans.

This picture essentially shows that Bangladesh currently runs on foreign money. There isnt enough money generated internally to sustain the sort of expenditures and investments we need to make for annual development. What we're good at is paying the interest, working with the donors and genuinely trying to improve the lives of the ordinary people.

Bangladesh currently is signatory to the nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty (India and Pakistan are not) which binds Bangladesh according to International Law, to only making peaceful use of nuclear material. The only reason the treaty allows us use of Nuclear Weapons is if we're being threatened with sth that drastic... and currently we're not. No One's publicly aiming any nuclear missiles at us. If Bangladesh was to violate this and have a nuclear weapon, then Bangladesh would face severe economic sanctions. The likely scenario would be no foreign loans and grants coming in, thus stopping many programs in rural education, healthcare and genuine poverty alleviation. No foreign companies willing to buy the garments made in Bangladesh. No proper banks that would take the foreign workers money and send it to Bangladesh.

Lastly while its all very patriotic to say that having a nuclear weapon will give us pride and make us stand tall, in reality its the opposite. We're not Iran that we have oil to keep our economy going, or Israel that the world will turn a blind eye to us. And like Pakistan (which unlike Bangladesh had US backing throughout history for reasons of the Cold War), Bangladesh would end up spending hundreds of millions of Dollars of its OWN money in making and maintaining a nuclear weapon.

This is immensely, fundamentally and procedurally irrational for a government that limps and relies on foreign money to clothe, feed, educate, treat and improve the lives of its own citizens.

ps. In a nutshell, my reply to your last post is: your position is fundamentally flawed, "Its just too simplistic to assume these things" :)

Nobody is at war with Bangladesh that we need nuclear arsenal. Standing tall with nuclear weapons is a fallacy as it practically only brings more wrath. And if we're going to go under water, then making a radioactive weapon doesnt solve the problem for 140 million people who could each be issued a boat and a fishing rod each with the same amount of money.

RazabQ
December 12, 2007, 03:31 PM
Khan shahev - nice! very nice indeed!!!

Moshin
December 12, 2007, 03:58 PM
thanks 4 the information nice indeed to know bout the facts,
(was hoping 4 positives, guess there aren't any then)

ammark
December 12, 2007, 04:15 PM

Just some advice: It'd be more helpful if you changed the mindset to

"Bangladeshis standard of living should improve greatly so that there is minimum infant mortality, great access to quality healthcare and education for all, justice and equity in every sphere of life, alleviation of absolute poverty, sustainable economic development and all other things that would create utopia".

Nuclear weapons and Mig-29s do not bring bread to most people's homes.

Moshin
December 12, 2007, 04:18 PM
Just some advice: It'd be more helpful if you changed the mindset to

"Bangladeshis standard of living should improve greatly so that there is minimum infant mortality, great access to quality healthcare and education for all, justice and equity in every sphere of life, alleviation of absolute poverty, sustainable economic development and all other things that would create utopia".

Nuclear weapons and Mig-29s do not bring bread to most people's homes.

Well thats a good thing to hear, plus we are part of the Next 11, the countries that are going to be developed in the next few years, hurray for :flag:.

PoorFan
December 12, 2007, 09:58 PM
<!--StartFragment -->Mohsin little brother, ... may be you need to learn Bangla first, then Bangladesh, then Bangladeshi people, and then visit your home ... Bangladesh ( or Sylhet it is? ). And if god wishes finally you will be able to see 'Bangla dream' while you sleeping innocent, am I not talking positive?

shaad
December 13, 2007, 09:17 PM
Interestingly enough, one of the latest suicide bombing attacks in Pakistan, at their Air Force base in Kamra, resulted in a few eyebrows being raised since the complex there is one of the Air Force sites likely to associated with nuclear weapons development (http://www.globalsecurity.org/wmd/world/pakistan/kamra.htm).

Sorry, global warming-er phole amar comment-gulo porjonto dehydrated hoye gechhe. Just add water (or your beverage of choice) for the original rosh-kosh.

Kabir
December 13, 2007, 10:29 PM
Sorry, global warming-er phole amar comment-gulo porjonto dehydrated hoye gechhe. Just add water (or your beverage of choice) for the original rosh-kosh.

For that, you have to transform yourself from

THIS
http://www.bollywoodpress.com/photos/anupam_kher.jpg

TO THIS

http://www.surfindia.com/celebrities/bollywood/images/anupam-kher.jpg

Moshin
December 14, 2007, 07:18 AM
<!--StartFragment -->Mohsin little brother, ... may be you need to learn Bangla first, then Bangladesh, then Bangladeshi people, and then visit your home ... Bangladesh ( or Sylhet it is? ). And if god wishes finally you will be able to see 'Bangla dream' while you sleeping innocent, am I not talking positive?

Mate I know everything about Bangladesh, I have been studying the country
a lot of times, but I only went there once, that was when the Malaria outbreak
came out in 2002 (we had to stay in a Dhaka hotel next 2 the ZIA airport, was
really scary that time), I know the country's political profile (very disturbing, two main leaders of parties thrown in jail 4 corruption and murder - enough said.)
and the economy, well what can say, bad to good. By the way you were speaking
positive, and hopefully I become the President of :flag:, and start nuclear weapons.
(I am just hoping, because im talking a load of crap, just hope)

Alien
December 14, 2007, 08:07 AM
Mods, can we add a poll on this very heated debate? Bangladesh should take this wonderful opportunity to make nuclear weapons. India, China and Pakistan has it. Why can't we have it? What if those three are secretly plotting to invade BD? What is our line of defence?

IMO, CTG has a responsiblity to make nukes and pop some in St. Martin to show the Burmese who is their daddy.

Fazal
December 14, 2007, 01:48 PM
Why wasting time? Now a days Neclear Weapons are pretty old and established technology. Even you can find some (readioactive material) in parar Mudir Dhokan. They should rather invest on researching on the next generation (future) technologies and weapons which will make this neuclear weapon as if there are 'chuno puti'.

Anher
December 14, 2007, 03:46 PM
For your information.... CIA, FBI, Mossad, asad, KJB, PJB, Panjabi.. eventually all intelligence agencies in the world attacked this thread.....I demand counter attack