PDA

View Full Version : Are Bangladeshis considered "Under-Represented" minorities in the US?

Electrequiem
December 15, 2007, 01:05 PM
Just like the thread title asks, Are Bangladeshis considered "Under-Represented" minorities in the US?

I was wondering about that since many colleges want to admit so called "Under-Represented minorities" (UMR). This might increase my chances of acceptance, even if by a meager 1% :D

Being in my senior year of high school, I am growing bald over the college app. process ... I''ll appreciate any help that I can get :D

Orpheus
December 15, 2007, 01:10 PM
NO, you fall under Indian - unfortunately they make us majority. But you can try though, especially in the interview process you can try to convince them how Bengali people are under represented...
\
Currently being hispanic will open many doors for you...so got to mexico for a year, learn the language. ciome back and apply as a mexican..

Rabz
December 15, 2007, 01:14 PM
I think it would be easier for him to try convince rather try to be a mexican in a year.

Moshin
December 15, 2007, 01:28 PM
just say this:
The 2000 census undertaken by the Census Bureau listed 95,294 people identifying themselves as having Bangladeshi origin. Almost 50% of Bangladeshis over the age of 25 had at least a Bachelor's degree as compared to less than 25% of the United States population. The reported median family income for Bangladeshis was $38,146, which was significantly lower than the United States average of $50,046 that year. Forget the last part though, I think it might work.

Electrequiem
December 15, 2007, 01:33 PM
just say this:
The 2000 census undertaken by the Census Bureau listed 95,294 people identifying themselves as having Bangladeshi origin. Almost 50% of Bangladeshis over the age of 25 had at least a Bachelor's degree as compared to less than 25% of the United States population. The reported median family income for Bangladeshis was $38,146, which was significantly lower than the United States average of $50,046 that year. Forget the last part though, I think it might work.

Nice stats! Thanks.

Y mi amigos ... hablo espanol ... pero no me mirada mexicano.

Rabz
December 15, 2007, 01:40 PM
:head::head::hairpull::hairpull:

Moshin
December 15, 2007, 01:41 PM
Nice stats! Thanks.

Y mi amigos ... hablo espanol ... pero no me mirada mexicano.
u got to be kiddin me, you gonna say you are mexican:lol:, by the way do
you look like a mexican? they might think you're indian or somthin
when u go ther wher those mexican sort of hats, then they will know ur mexican

Ahmed_B
December 15, 2007, 03:04 PM
I feel your pain bro!... :-|

Electrequiem
December 15, 2007, 05:28 PM

Kisher jonno wall-e matha fatai feltesen? Abar dekhi chul o shob chira felai dilen ... don't take your hair for granted, bro :D