PDA

View Full Version : alok kapali not in 11 man squad!!!!!

what-more
October 19, 2003, 04:49 PM
alok kapali might not play the first test against england!!!! i can't believe this!!!what do u think guys.:o

Upal
October 19, 2003, 04:57 PM
worst joke ever!

what-more
October 19, 2003, 05:00 PM
i hope it's a joke!!!

Nasif
October 19, 2003, 06:49 PM
Its guess work on prothom-alo's part. They don't have a clue, "jolpona kolpona" is the staring of the paragrapth. They are creating a rumor.

cricket_er
October 19, 2003, 09:38 PM
Now why do you think guys that this would be a joke, yes Alok did OK with the Bowling, but in test his batting in the last two series were well bellow par. If the guy gets in the team, it would be for his bowling maybe. Have faith in Whatmore. If he decides to keep him out he knows what he is doing? By the way this morning for the first time I saw the hightlights of Bangladesh Batting against Canada, since I live in Canada, every time they showed it, I changed the channel, but since Bangladesh playing so well now I decided to watch it, honestly guys, the shots, Bangladeshi Batsmans were playing, I didn't know whather to cry or laugh. It was so funny that some times I thought I was watching a comedy.

Upal
October 19, 2003, 10:29 PM
There's no reason to drop Alok just because he has gone through a bad patch in the last two series'. He is still the best all rounder on this team. Also, it is evident from his recent ODI performance that he isn't out of form in batting, so its just a matter of time before he makes big scores in test cricket.

Moreover, Alok represents the future of the Bangladesh side more so than anyone else on the team besides Rajin and Masri. He is potentially a future captain and a definite fan favourite. In addition, there is no suitable replacement for Kapali anyway. There is no way that Kapali would be dropped for any of the tests in this series.

fwullah
October 19, 2003, 11:25 PM
What is more important is that Kapali's leg-spin would be useful - provided that he is asked to bowl by the captain.

Can you guess how Kapali and Ashraful are under-bowled so much? In case of Ashraful - it is sometimes ok as he gives away a lot of runs, but Kapali doesn't always give away so many runs.

So Kapali included, we have 3 spinners in our 13-member squad for first test.