PDA

View Full Version : Against which country would I like to see BD win its first test

Pundit
October 19, 2003, 05:25 PM
Weel, the most logical answer would be whomever they are playing next. However, with the Paki tests behind us, and that not happening, my desire is...in order of preference..

1. ENGLAND. Because of their haughty tone.

2. INDIA. Because of their haughty & deriding tone.

3. Just about anybody else, come to think of it.

tnb
October 19, 2003, 05:28 PM
England, because I am getting impatient.

Upal
October 19, 2003, 05:58 PM
I would love for our first test win to be against da poms :)

fab
October 19, 2003, 06:22 PM
haha nice topic!

I agree, I would love to see our first victory against the Prisoners Of Her Majesty! :D

But realistically, I expect BD to win against Zimbabwe early next year.

[Edited on 19-10-2003 by fab : removed ambiguity]

reinausagi
October 19, 2003, 06:34 PM
BD shall win the second test against ZIM next year.

Optimist
October 19, 2003, 06:34 PM
As soon as possible and that means against the Pomps. But not for any particular reasons. But I will be really happy when Bangladesh will beat India. Although BCCI helped us for test recognition.........Their media was and still is whining against that. If you have ever visited a website cricketnext.com you will easily understand the depth of the anti Bangladesh (I mean Bangladesh Cricket) feeling! They were publishing all these articles about how Bangladesh can be stripped of its Test status and then when Bangladesh started performing better there was seldom any postive writings

Tehsin
October 19, 2003, 07:44 PM
A win against England will be a bonus but we should seriously prepare ourselves to beat Zimbabwe. We may find out that both are equally hard to beat - Zimbabwe may be ready for us.

Sham
October 19, 2003, 08:25 PM
In an ideal world, I wish we could win our First Test against India! But of course, I hope we do it against England in the first Test.

Arnab
October 19, 2003, 09:01 PM
Australia

fwullah
October 19, 2003, 11:41 PM
A win is a win - no matter against which country it comes.

I think that we are all being too optimistic and limiting our first win only upto the year 2004, April and hoping our oppositions to be either England (October 2003), Zimbabwe (February 2004) or India (April 2004).

Don't forget that we need to win both in test match cricket as well as in one day cricket. And also remember that Whatmore will be here until the year 2007, at least. What I mean by saying that is, success don't come easy and early - even after so many disastrous performances by Bangladesh over a whole one year period from 2002 to 2003.

chinaman
October 20, 2003, 12:05 AM
Wasn't it England that refused to play us on our test debut?

Love to say "Shalare paaisee"

Sami
October 20, 2003, 08:16 AM
Chinaman... really well said :D England re haraite parle it would be amazing... :) But honestly I was hoping that BD had won atleast 1 test against Paki... but Something tells me they will win several before they get to meet Pakistan in a test match again....

Sami
October 20, 2003, 08:17 AM
Originally posted by reinausagi
BD shall win the second test against ZIM next year.

very Specific I see... pin pointing the exact test match :D :P

kkakash
October 20, 2003, 02:53 PM
at least one win in the next few weeks, and of course win zim.

against india, i want them to be punished. (sorry that was wishfull thinking). hehhehe. but that i want. :saint:

bhobishshot
October 20, 2003, 03:03 PM
I would like to see a win against Eng. But, realistically I think we will draw one against them. To me, that will be a victory.

Against Zim, I am thinking a series victory.

[Edited on 22-10-2003 by bhobishshot]

BangladeshCricket
October 20, 2003, 08:38 PM
Zimb still better than us...but we should be able to manage a draw

Kalbaisakhi
October 22, 2003, 10:31 AM
Running series against England.

:lol::lol::lol:

Kalbaisakhi
October 22, 2003, 10:31 AM
Running series against England.

:lol::lol::lol:

oracle
October 22, 2003, 10:38 AM
Realistically BD's chances against ZIM are 60%, at best 70%. Zim is the weakest team. So I only see victory if we play Kenya, i.e if they become Test nation before the WC. Rather gloomy huh, but if we get a few draws here and there I would be proud and use the incredibly fashionable word- "moral" victory.:-/

Oh I nearly forgot "who do I want to see a victory against?" The country which is the most arrogant at the point in time-India or Pakistan.:)

[Edited on 22-10-2003 by oracle]

billah
October 22, 2003, 01:36 PM
Beat the English ! It all started with them. Get 'em! Yeaaah ! It would be sooooo entertaining to see the barmy army loose it's composure in the Dhaka stadium. Specially after a couple of flying water bottles reaching their targets.:P

Cricketislife!
October 23, 2003, 08:11 AM
Arre Bhaiyon!

Such anger against ur neigbouring country, India? Wanna thump us so badly?!
Is it due to cricketing or political arrogance that you guys are talking about from India. Details please!

CiL
In India, wondering..

Arnab
October 23, 2003, 08:51 AM
CiL,

India is bound to get the "big neighbor is gonna devour us" attitude from its little neighbor. It's pretty usual.

It's not quite like, say, Haiti and the US, though.

Cricketislife!
October 23, 2003, 09:15 AM
Arnab, thats why I asked whether it was due to political arrogance by India, which in many a case has been a reality. India has exhibited that trait on a few occasions in the past, no doubt. I was wondering whether it was cricketing establishment arrogance that some posters were referring to, cos there I think both the boards have been pretty gud working relationship, support etc. imo.

Arnab
October 23, 2003, 02:17 PM
Well, we don't have anyone representing the board here. Just fans. Their opinions are as good as yours.