PDA

View Full Version : What language do you think in?

Parisa
December 17, 2007, 11:22 AM
I think in English....but when i lived in BD i used to think in Bangla

Fazal
December 17, 2007, 11:33 AM
It depends on what things I am thinking at that time.

Rabz
December 17, 2007, 12:46 PM
.... most of my thoughts doesnt need any language......
.................................................. ..............................

Omio
December 17, 2007, 12:51 PM
I use C++;)

Fazal
December 17, 2007, 12:58 PM
I use C++;)

Out dated thought process. Try to think in C Sharp or Java.

Omio
December 17, 2007, 01:01 PM
I use c++ in ordinary think.(eating..sleeping)
I use java in special think(date..tanki);)

Parisa
December 17, 2007, 01:10 PM

since fazal mama mentioned something about parisa being overweight i was beginning to think that maybe he is the actual obese person! must be obese plus lol

Fazal
December 17, 2007, 01:16 PM
since fazal mama mentioned something about parisa being overweight i was beginning to think that maybe he is the actual obese person! must be obese plus lol

Ai Ja... Faisha Gechi.... Rotoney Roton Chiney.

Miraz
December 17, 2007, 01:20 PM

Ai Ja... Faisha Gechi.... Rotoney Roton Chiney.

hmm.. which one best describes Fazal... the right one or the left one ... :D

http://www.twainquotes.com/Travel1891/austrianleanfat.gif

Omio
December 17, 2007, 01:21 PM
Is it like this-
http://img.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2007/10_03/obeseG1610_468x306.jpg

Fazal
December 17, 2007, 01:23 PM
Is it like this-
http://img.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2007/10_03/obeseG1610_468x306.jpg

Who me? Or Parisa?

Parisa
December 17, 2007, 01:24 PM
Who me? Or Parisa?

must be you since ur the man...unless u had a surgery lol

Omio
December 17, 2007, 01:26 PM
Who me? Or Parisa?
both..I guess..:)

Fazal
December 17, 2007, 01:26 PM
must be you since ur the man...unless u had a surgery lol

How you are sure its a man's picture?

Moreover how we can be sure that you are a women and not a man?

Parisa
December 17, 2007, 01:28 PM
How you are sure its a man's picture?

Moreover how we can be sure that you are a women and not a man?

i am planning to meet omio....soon....maybe if u are that desparate to see if i'm a man or a woman u can join us lol

Parisa
December 17, 2007, 01:31 PM
both..I guess..:)

i weigh 7 and a little bit more stones.....that overweight for you???????????

Fazal
December 17, 2007, 01:36 PM
i am planning to meet omio....soon....maybe if u are that desparate to see if i'm a man or a woman u can join us lol

How do we know that you are telling the truth, unless you show us a picture of you and Omio together? And how do we know Omio likes girls and not boys? And as far I remember Omio has facination about mutki Apu(s).

btw What will happen to Zahid? Is he already trumped?

Parisa
December 17, 2007, 01:38 PM
How do we know that you are telling the truth, unless you show us a picture of you and Omio together? And how do we know Omio likes girld and not boys?

btw What will happen to Zahid? Is he already trumped?

well if we take pics together then im sure u can see us together. i doubt omio is gay. so bad luck for you fazal! guess you cant have him! what was supposed to happen to zahid?

Tigers_eye
December 17, 2007, 01:38 PM
What is a stone? = pounds?

Parisa
December 17, 2007, 01:40 PM

stones i'm 7 stones....a llittle bit more 7.2 stones.....

Miraz
December 17, 2007, 01:41 PM

6.35 Kg = 14 Pounds = 1 Stone

Fazal
December 17, 2007, 01:41 PM
Omio like Mutki Apu... are you sure you are not little bit Nadush Nudus? If not, I don't see any hope for you.

Fazal
December 17, 2007, 01:42 PM
What is a stone?

patthoor.... that means she much be heavy.

Miraz
December 17, 2007, 01:42 PM
Allah janey ei thread je koi jaitese..............

Parisa
December 17, 2007, 01:43 PM
6.35 Kg = 14 Pounds = 1 Stone

i don't know everything about weights....i barely check myself as i don't need to....i'm skinny....i'm far from overweight....

Omio
December 17, 2007, 01:46 PM
Omio like Mutki Apu... are you sure you are not little bit Nadush Nudus? If not, I don't see any hope for you.
Mutki apu become very good apu now a days, whenever I go to her house she cook some nice food for me.And she got a baby last week.:)

Omio
December 17, 2007, 01:47 PM
Allah janey ei thread je koi jaitese..............
amio oti chintito..

Nasif
December 17, 2007, 02:01 PM

Its a medieval unit like lbs ;)

<iframe style="width: 90%; height: 300px;" src="http://www.google.com/search?q=7+stone+in+lbs"></iframe>

Parisa
December 17, 2007, 02:07 PM
this thread was supposed to talk about what language people think in....but not about weight!

Murad
December 17, 2007, 02:11 PM
aaai haai.. ei khaane ki hoteche go??

is everyone alright??

Murad
December 17, 2007, 02:12 PM
btw i think in chinese. the mother of all the languages:-p

rubel_18
December 17, 2007, 02:14 PM
I think in English, very rarely in Bangla.

Parisa
December 17, 2007, 02:15 PM
I think in English, very rarely in Bangla.

yes me too...i think the words in english...hardly in bangla...i forgot what it is like to think in bangla

Tigers_eye
December 17, 2007, 02:23 PM
Omio bhaia,
Hajj'a jachho naki? Allah tomar mongol koruk. Tobey ar ektu patla patthor niley shoitan'rey dhilaitey shubidha hoito. 98 lb ucha kora ektu kothin hoitey parey. Thanks Nasif bhaia, Miraz bhai.

Nasif
December 17, 2007, 02:28 PM
Omio bhaia,
Hajj'a jachho naki? Allah tomar mongol koruk. Tobey ar ektu patla patthor niley shoitan'rey dhilaitey shubidha hoito. 98 lb ucha kora ektu kothin hoitey parey.

hahahaha :floor::floor::floor:

al Furqaan
December 17, 2007, 02:46 PM
i generally think in profanity...

Rifat
December 17, 2007, 02:51 PM
I use C++;)

i used to think in english but i am slowly starting to become like you, just the basics though.

thinking in bangla is awesome.

Moshin
December 17, 2007, 03:26 PM
i think only in ingregi thats it.

if you think in english then... it must be ur 1st language then.
bengali is 2nd...even though i come 4rm bangladesh
how shamful of me...im so upset of myself!

by the way what is going on with the thread
the next thing you know people start 2 talk bout thier weights
amar mata bedna khore, busta parina ki hoyese????

Beamer
December 17, 2007, 04:06 PM
Language of money, maybe? so vain..

Hatebreed
December 17, 2007, 04:49 PM
I think in English unfortunately. I don't get to communicate in Bangla so much, except with my family. I remember my English teacher once asked me what language I dream in, I really couldn't answer that question.

Moshin
December 17, 2007, 04:52 PM
...I remember my English teacher once asked me what language I dream in, I really couldn't answer that question.
Wow that is a tough question man...... i cant figure it myself:timeout:

Antora
December 17, 2007, 05:03 PM
I think in german! ICH MAG DEUTCH!

Murad
December 17, 2007, 05:13 PM
dlt

Bengaliprince176
December 17, 2007, 05:26 PM
english, my grandparents always complain to me im thiking in english and never bangla....then of course there is the ugly sounding mixture of both languages...

damalChele
December 17, 2007, 05:38 PM
I don't know what language I think in but I know what language I swear in. English.

RazabQ
December 18, 2007, 03:08 AM
I think in both English and Bangla. I I dream in both too. I argue and use profanity using both - English to the schmucks on the 880, Bangla to the truck drivers on BD roads. Funnily enough, whenever I'm playing back arguments with my better half (in my mind), _that_ is exclusively in English! :) Oh and I write songs mostly in Bangla

Ahmed_B
December 18, 2007, 01:34 PM
Heard it somewhere... that a person's original subconcious-languge comes out when he/she is utterly annyoed! So to find the answer of what language you actually think in... you probably should look at wht language u speak when outraged :)

Kabir
December 18, 2007, 01:56 PM
According to Ahmed bhai's definition, it's definitely Bangla for me. I so often start screaming in Bangla when I'm upset.

Nocturnal
December 18, 2007, 02:14 PM
both in Bangla and English.

Sauron
December 18, 2007, 05:34 PM
Very intersting threads and characters have popped up during my brief respite, I see.

Heard it somewhere... that a person's original subconcious-languge comes out when he/she is utterly annyoed! So to find the answer of what language you actually think in... you probably should look at wht language u speak when outraged :)

Good one :)

Went over the last few outrages in my mind ... all incidents involve other drivers on the road. I definitely think in Bangla. Shala, Shalar poot, halar ghorer hala, [deleted], [deleted], ... definitely Bangla :)

abdulw11
December 18, 2007, 05:43 PM
When I'm pissed, I swear in English, so I guess - no, I know - I think in English.

Nafis_BD
December 18, 2007, 05:46 PM
I definitely think in Bangla and sometimes in English!!

Fazal
December 18, 2007, 05:47 PM
Ek Paggli Shuta Banay.... ar shob pagol lafai....

Tigers_eye
December 18, 2007, 05:53 PM
Ek Paggli Shuta Banay.... ar shob pagol lafai....
More like kat putli.
Sauron,
Welcome back!! Visit some more threads you will be smiling for sure.

By the way, needed some help on the stats thread.

Sauron
December 18, 2007, 10:50 PM
More like kat putli.
Sauron,
Welcome back!! Visit some more threads you will be smiling for sure.

By the way, needed some help on the stats thread.

Thanks dude! :) BC has definitely moved on ...

About the stats thread, where is it? Need my help? Not sure I understood right.

Sohel
December 18, 2007, 10:56 PM
75% English, 20% Dhakaiya, 5% other languages.

Sauron
December 18, 2007, 11:07 PM
75% English, 20% Dhakaiya, 5% other languages.
Just curious - what's the 5%?

Sohel
December 19, 2007, 12:47 AM
Just curious - what's the 5%?

Deleted ... :)

RazabQ
December 19, 2007, 02:33 AM
Sauron sauron sauron ... tsk tsk - just like I gave Doorknob the chance to show off his linguistics chops by asking "how do u read asterix", you did the same to Sohel. Sohel u big show off! :) WB Sauron ...

Ahmed, interesting pov. I tend to think dreams are more indicative of the sub-conscious. I dream in colors and Banglish mix ...

On a different note, how long can any of you sustain a conversation in pure Bangla? Curious ...

Sohel
December 19, 2007, 06:53 AM
Sauron sauron sauron ... tsk tsk - just like I gave Doorknob the chance to show off his linguistics chops by asking "how do u read asterix", you did the same to Sohel. Sohel u big show off! :) WB Sauron ...

On a different note, how long can any of you sustain a conversation in pure Bangla? Curious ...

True. It is pretty embarrassing now that I look at it. Action taken.

Not nearly as embarrassing as the fact that I can carry on a Bangla conversation only if I speak V E R Y S L O W LY ... :)

Sauron
December 19, 2007, 01:43 PM
:D

Missed your [deleted] 5% ... but I have a fairly good idea about what it was - based on Razab's slap on the wrist :)

RazabQ
December 20, 2007, 06:08 AM
actually I didn't do any slap on the wrist - witness there was no "as mod". In fact sohel's 5% was quite tame ...

And in response to my own question - I'm finding I'm getting better at it because I have to do it for my kiddo and he will ask for a Bangla word for everything. Example, did you know that Otter = [বাংলা]ভোঁদোড়[/বাংলা]? Translating nursery rhymes from English to Bangla and in the other direction is doing wonders for my Bangla vocab.

Sohel, so as per your confession, where does that put you on the sliding scale of 10 = [বাংলা]হে বঙ্গ, ভাণ্ডারে তব বিবিধ রতন[/বাংলা] and 1 being your self-described Scholastica Banglish? :)

For example I'd assume BabuBangla is around an 8.