PDA

View Full Version : Eid Greetings

BD-Shardul
December 17, 2007, 03:31 PM
http://www.eidmubarak.com/graphics/eidadha/eidhajj1005.jpg

Eid al-Adha, one of the two biggest religious festivals of the Muslims around the world is back among us. Eid al-Adha is observed on the 10th of Dul Hajj, and is preceded by the day of Arafah, which is one of the most sacred days in the lunar calendar.

The commencement of Eid al-Adha signifies the glorious sacrifice of Prophet Ibraheem (as). Prophet Ibraheem (as) once dreamt a dream when he was told to sacrifice his beloved son. The dream of any prophet is interpreted as a commandment from Allah, and hence prophet Ibraheem (as) took his son to the plain of Mina to sacrifice him. When he was about to sacrifice Ismaeel (as), a voice form the heaven told him to stop, and instantly he saw angel Jibraeel (as), who had a lamb with him. This was a lamb form the paradise, and instead of Ismaeel (as), Ibraheem (as) sacrificed that lamb in the name of Allah. Since then Muslims observed Eid al-Adha, the festival through which they re-enacts prophet Ibraheem (as)’s auspicious sacrifice, submission, and obedience to Allah by sacrificing a cow, lamb, goat or camel.

The Muslims, while sacrificing the animal in the name of Allah, the sustainer of this universe, should remember the following verse form the holy Quran:

“Their flesh and blood does not reach Allah but your taqwa reaches Him. In this way He has subjected them to you so that you may proclaim Allah's Greatness for the way He has guided you. Give good news to the good-doers." (Chapter Al-Hajj, 22: 37)

The message coherent in this verse is ‘Taqwaa’ or the ‘fear of Allah’. A ‘Muttaqeen’ or ‘god fearing slave’ on this very day, therefore, pledges to sacrifice his evil propensity the way he sacrifices animals. He also pledges to sacrifice his worldly ambitions, life, happiness and property for the cause of Allah, his prophet Muhammad (PBUH), truth, righteousness, and Deen Al-Islam.

Let’s supplicate to Allah on this very special day for our sins and pray for our sacrifice to be accepted by Him. Let pray on this occasion for our relatives who have already left this world, remembering that they also said Eid prayer like us but now are in graveyard, a place which will be our habitat very soon. Let’s pray and hope that Eid al-Adha 1428 will bring happiness in the life of every Muslims. Lets pray that this glorious festival will strengthen the Islamic brotherhood among the Muslims, all of whom are the are sons and daughters of Adam (As) and follower of Muhammad (Peace be Upon him), the exalted of all prophets. Let’s beseech the mercy of Allah on this very day so that we can see smile in the face of our suffering brothers in Gujrat, Afghanistan, and Palestine. Last but not least, lets pray and hope that Allah will strengthen the valuable ‘imaan’ or belief of the Muslims so that they can fight against ‘Tagut’ until the last moment of their life.

Welcome Eid al-Adha 1428 and Eid Mubarak to my fellow BC members. :big_hug:

Tigers_eye
December 17, 2007, 03:33 PM
Eid mubarak to BD-Shardul and all the members and visitors here at BC. Have a safe Holiday!!

Moshin
December 17, 2007, 03:56 PM
Eid Muburak to all Banglacricket fans out there
Have good celebration and have a happy day!
(and dont try 2 eat 2 much i knw i will;))

rubel_18
December 17, 2007, 04:19 PM
Eid Mubarak to all my fellow muslim brothers on BC hope u hav a great Eid!!!!!!!

sandpiper
December 17, 2007, 04:25 PM
Wishing you all a Eid Mubarak and a very happy and prosperous New Year.

Murad
December 17, 2007, 05:10 PM
Eid Mubarak to everyone.

I think we are doing it on 20th.

Antora
December 17, 2007, 08:56 PM
eid mubarak shobai ke! amader eid agami kal! woo!

Miraz
December 17, 2007, 09:21 PM
Eid Mubarak to every BC member.

http://www.pitara.com/community/postcard/images/eid001.gif

Bancan
December 17, 2007, 10:50 PM
Eid Mubarak to everyone.

Dont want to open a thread so i just want to wish merry christmas and happy chanukah to everyone.

Bengaliprince176
December 18, 2007, 01:04 PM
Eid Mubarak to all the Members here who celebrate it. Wishing u all a pleasant time with ur friends and family

akabir77
December 18, 2007, 01:18 PM
Eid Mubarak

Missing all my moms food while seating in the office :(

Kabir
December 18, 2007, 01:53 PM
Eid Mubarak friends, colleagues, enemies ;)
This Eid will be yet another speical one ofr me, I hope :)

Fazal
December 18, 2007, 01:59 PM
This Eid will be yet another speical one ofr me, I hope :)

Marhaba Marhaba ....al hamdullillah ..... when? When Dada Bhai is comming?

Nocturnal
December 18, 2007, 02:01 PM

now mamu is serious again- Kabir bhai :-p

abdulw11
December 18, 2007, 02:01 PM
Eid's tomorrow in the UK, and I have to write a 3,000 word essay by then. So, it looks like I got a lot of work to do between now and then, if I am to enjoy Eid at all. I hate deadlines, they suck.

Eid Mubarak all.

Kabir
December 18, 2007, 02:02 PM

Not anytime soon mamu. But when it comes, Inshallah, you'll be the first one to know :D

Mohiul
December 18, 2007, 02:25 PM
Eid Mubarak

Nocturnal
December 18, 2007, 02:37 PM
[বাংলা] ঈদ মোবারক সবাইকে[/বাংলা]

Hatebreed
December 18, 2007, 03:26 PM
Eid Mubarak everyone. Hope you all have a great day.

BD-Shardul
December 18, 2007, 04:35 PM
Tomorrow is eid here in Qatar. Mom has cooked ruti-goshto (beef) already.....yum yum...
will sacrifice lamb tomorrow morning inshallah

This eid will be very special for me...semester over.......yahoooo

Nocturnal
December 18, 2007, 04:37 PM
I called the local mosuqe and it seems like we will have eid tomorrow 19 dec. :)

Anher
December 18, 2007, 04:48 PM
Eid Mubarok to all and special Eid mubarok to whom couldn't celebrate Eid because of busy life.

zahid
December 18, 2007, 07:27 PM
EID MUBARAK to everyone.

Working tomorrow from 10-4 and then going to aninterview at 5. Have to cram CCNA 1 & 2 tonight in 1 hour's time to be prepared for tomorrow's interview

Zobair
December 19, 2007, 07:55 AM
eid mubarak every body.

Yameen
December 19, 2007, 08:00 AM
eid mubarak everyone!

reverse_swing
December 19, 2007, 08:08 AM
I just wanted to say Eid Mubarak to everyone here in BC in the spirit of peace, unity, understanding and good will.Hope it will also bring some kinda happiness to the hearts of our Sidr victims.

Tigers_eye
December 19, 2007, 03:01 PM
Eid mubarak again to everyone!!

Just finished our eid prayer and khutba. Heard BD will have her's on the 21st? Have a question. Chan mama ki nijer ichhatey nanan desh'a uki daiye?

Anyways, have a happy Eid everyone.

Nocturnal
December 19, 2007, 03:05 PM
ঈদ মোবারক

Murad
December 19, 2007, 03:06 PM
Eid Mubarak to everyone again..

amra kalke kortechi inshallah. e bochor o dekhi shobai different day te kortese.. 2 month 9 days e oneke kore pelche. i don't know if its right or wrong as i know that qurban eid ramajan eid er 210 pore hoi....

some masjid follows saudi arabia some africa.. bd te o naki ekhon same hoye gese.. keo keo 2 din aage kore...

sandpiper
December 19, 2007, 03:14 PM
yeah, different people follow different guidelines, some celebrate with Soudi Arab, some follow 210 day rule and some follow their local lunar calendar. Its looks weird that people from same state/city are following two different days.
Eid Mubarak to everyone again..

amra kalke kortechi inshallah. e bochor o dekhi shobai different day te kortese.. 2 month 9 days e oneke kore pelche. i don't if its right or wrong as i know that qurban eid ramajan eid er 210 pore hoi....

some masjid follows saudi arabia some africa.. bd te o naki ekhon same hoye gese.. keo keo 2 din aage kore...

MohammedC
December 19, 2007, 03:20 PM
Eid Mubarak to Everyone

Moshin
December 19, 2007, 04:00 PM
Eid Muburak again to everybody...

khub balo eid koresi, khub balo!!!

Have a Happy Eid man!!

Beamer
December 19, 2007, 04:08 PM
Eid Mubarak..

abdulw11
December 19, 2007, 04:18 PM
Hope everyone's Eid was great (the ones who have already celebrated it anyway), my one was smashing!

BanCricFan
December 19, 2007, 04:52 PM
Eid Mubarak to all the brothers and sisters!

MarufH
December 19, 2007, 08:24 PM
http://www.itbhu.org/chronicle/images/oct.06/eidMubarak.jpg

zahid
December 19, 2007, 08:41 PM
Dhurrr... the mosque I went to near my workplace will have it's Eid prayers today instead of yesterday!

Tehsin
December 19, 2007, 08:42 PM
Eid Mubarak everyone.

Sohel
December 19, 2007, 11:20 PM
Eid Mubarak to everyone ... (no khashi, baulod or other mutilated animals here) ... :)

shaad
December 20, 2007, 12:10 AM
Eid Mubarak to everyone.

tonoy
December 20, 2007, 01:45 AM
eid mubarak to you all. Hope you enjoy it.

PoorFan
December 20, 2007, 04:07 AM
EID Mubarak to all of you, wish for peace for everyone, everywhere in the world.:flag:

taklima_naj
December 20, 2007, 07:24 AM
EID MUBARAK to fans of BD cricket all over the world,

We had EID yesterday, couldnt log in to BC for last two days because I was so busy for the preparation of EID

Nafis_BD
December 20, 2007, 09:20 AM
Eid Mubarak to all the BC members, the guests and their families. Also to our Players!!

Enjoy Eid guys, hopefully I will be able to enjoy Eid too!!

BD-Shardul
December 20, 2007, 12:38 PM
Originally Posted by Fazal

Dada bhai kemne hoy? It should be NANA, becasue 'Fazal' is our Mamu
:-D :D

Ahmed_B
December 20, 2007, 01:23 PM
Eid Mubarak to all the BC fellows. And prayers for the homeless Sidr victims who now struggle to survive and dont have any Eid-celebrations left for them.