PDA

View Full Version : Pakistan suicide blast 'kills 30' while offering EID prayer

PoorFan
December 21, 2007, 02:58 AM
At least 30 people have been killed in a suicide attack in north-western Pakistan, according to police.

The explosion happened as people observed the Eid festival, a public holiday in Pakistan. <!-- E SF -->

Dozens of people who were wounded in the explosion have been taken to a local hospital.
A senior police official said the bomber blew himself up inside the mosque while 1,000 people offered Eid prayers.

"We were saying prayers when this huge explosion occurred. It almost blew out our ear drums," said another witness, 26-year-old Shaukat Ali.

Read more here on BBC (http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/south_asia/7155161.stm)

What a sad EID-ul-Azha for those innocent victims, may Allah help us come out of these madness.

sunny747
December 21, 2007, 04:33 AM
such an unfortunate country!! jamaties should go there to save their daddy's land.

feeling bad for those ppl who died. they just went for namaj just like me went in the morning today.

PoorFan
December 21, 2007, 05:11 AM
such an unfortunate country!! jamaties should go there to save their daddy's land.

feeling bad for those ppl who died. they just went for namaj just like me went in the morning today.
<!--StartFragment -->Sadly enough few more countries ( Iraq, Afghan etc. ) are on the top list of these kind of suicide bomb madness. When imagine innocent men and boys gathered on a happy EID morning for prayer ... and the next moment got blown up in pieces! ... cant find proper words to define those victims misery, as well as those extreme madness and their ideologies.

May their soul rest in peace and may Allah provide justice and strength to their families.

Hatebreed
December 21, 2007, 02:40 PM
What a tragic loss of lives. My prayers go to the victims and their families.

Kabir
December 21, 2007, 02:47 PM
Insanity has its limits. Some people have certainly crossed it.

May the souls of these innocent victims rest in peace.

Nocturnal
December 21, 2007, 02:57 PM
Insanity has its limits. Some people have certainly crossed it.

Kabir bhai IMO when we are talking about Pakistan- Insanity has NO limits unfortunately.

damalChele
December 21, 2007, 03:02 PM
and the bomber thought he was going to heaven? brainwashing of the highest degree.

akabir77
December 21, 2007, 03:28 PM
was it a suicide bomber or something else?

Kabir
December 21, 2007, 03:40 PM
Kabir bhai IMO when we are talking about Pakistan- Insanity has NO limits unfortunately.

I guess you're right, Islamic fundementalism in Pakistan is probably the worst you will ever witness.

BanCricFan
December 22, 2007, 12:45 PM
was it a suicide bomber or something else?

Exactly. Doesn't matter how derranged a fanatic muslim can be but killing fellow muslims on a Eid jamat...NO WAY!!!

These 'suicide bombings' in Iraq, Afganistan and Pakistan are mostly carried out by the enemies of humanity and muslims, in particular. They have been carrying out these and worse kind of sabotage, espionage, massacre, wars and bloody-revolutions for centuries. But, their day will come too...

Insha-allah, all those people who have perished are in Al-Jannah!

Zobair
December 24, 2007, 11:46 PM
beggars belief! such hatred and self-destruction...very disturbing! God rest those innocent souls...men and boys...in peace!

DJ Sahastra
December 24, 2007, 11:51 PM
My condolences for the victims. May god be with the families of the deceased and the injured.

As for Pakistan - i have only one thing to say: As you sow, so you reap.

One World
December 25, 2007, 09:05 AM
My condolences for the victims. May god be with the families of the deceased and the injured.

As for Pakistan - i have only one thing to say: As you sow, so you reap.

Very relative. I would not look to past too much. It would be good people start thinking about how to stop such incidents in future.

Tehsin
December 25, 2007, 03:52 PM
The failure for ANY muslim leadership to come out and denounce suicide bombing results in more carnage and it will continue until the muslim world stops looking the other way everytime this happens. Who did they hurt really ? Innocent people offering their Eid prayers. Why is it so hard for the muslim leadership to come out and say - ENOUGH IS ENOUGH.

On the other hand, this does divert folks from the real issues of this countries - poverty, illiteracy, lawlessness, corruption, to name a few. As long as they have this brainless zombies continue their killing and carnage, the leadership can continue to be in power and blame the west for all of their problems. It truly helps their cause.

PoorFan
December 26, 2007, 03:35 AM
The failure for ANY muslim leadership to come out and denounce suicide bombing results in more carnage and it will continue until the muslim world stops looking the other way everytime this happens. Who did they hurt really ? Innocent people offering their Eid prayers. Why is it so hard for the muslim leadership to come out and say - ENOUGH IS ENOUGH.
Couldn't agree more, I think OIC has to do something on this regard. Then again AFIK, Palestine religious spiritual leader Mr. Yashin ( killed by Israeli missile few years ago ) gave a 'fattoa' on suicide attack as permissible / acceptable in Islam in a desperate situation, which later few cleric of neighbor countries also agreed. Hence making some sort of denouncement become even difficult or controversial IMO. As long as religious POV remain controversial depend on different interpretation, political statement don't / cant come easy, such as OIC, and big name muslim country etc.

On the other hand, this does divert folks from the real issues of this countries - poverty, illiteracy, lawlessness, corruption, to name a few. As long as they have this brainless zombies continue their killing and carnage, the leadership can continue to be in power and blame the west for all of their problems. It truly helps their cause.
<!--StartFragment -->Agree with you again. On a different note, actually it also make a big vacuum in leadership as well as entire society, since liberal minded people either stay away to avoid bloody conflict, or leave their country silently. Ultimately the land become perfect battle field between those radicals and power mongers. Even democracy has very little or perhaps nothing to offer any good to those issues ( poverty, illiteracy, lawlessness, corruption etc. ) at that point.

PoorFan
December 26, 2007, 03:52 AM
Exactly. Doesn't matter how derranged a fanatic muslim can be but killing fellow muslims on a Eid jamat...NO WAY!!!

These 'suicide bombings' in Iraq, Afganistan and Pakistan are mostly carried out by the enemies of humanity and muslims, in particular.
<!--StartFragment -->Yet hardly any religious cleric voices out against it, did anyone heard any cleric in Pakistan said anything on this incident? May be I am wrong here, but I wouldn't be surprised at all if there is none. Not only just Pakistan, same could be said in Iraq, Afghanistan where suicide bombing taking place every other day, killing innocent same muslim ( or not ) people.

BanCricFan
December 26, 2007, 03:04 PM
<!--StartFragment -->Yet hardly any religious cleric voices out against it, did anyone heard any cleric in Pakistan said anything on this incident? May be I am wrong here, but I wouldn't be surprised at all if there is none. Not only just Pakistan, same could be said in Iraq, Afghanistan where suicide bombing taking place every other day, killing innocent same muslim ( or not ) people.

All the traditional Ulama vehemently condems indiscriminate killings! Ther are not "jazzy" enough to get air-time or newspaper coloumns, especially, in the western media cartel.

Having said that, yes some of the ulama were a little late in condemning suicide bombings in Israel. Which is a great shame!

sandpiper
December 27, 2007, 08:34 AM
A suspected suicide attack at a rally of Benazir Bhutto's Pakistan People's Party (PPP) has left at least 15 people dead, police say.

A PPP spokesman has told the BBC that Ms Bhutto was injured. It is not clear how badly. She had just addressed the rally in the town of Rawalpindi.

more: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/south_asia/7161489.stm