PDA

View Full Version : New BanglaCricket feature - "Not So Dizzy : Isam's Cricket Diary" - Week 2

Miraz
December 21, 2007, 06:46 AM
For Week 1 and the introduction please click here (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/showthread.php?t=24630&highlight=dizzy)

The cold wave arrives
Mohammad Isam

Having been informed reliably that a cold wave was in the offing, I got myself ready last week: no ice-creams and definitely no late nights.

The ice-cream embargo was laid as early as Saturday though, when I met my designated nutritionist at the gym. She laid out a plan that got my eyes rolling but secretly excited as well. I have a daily target of 1200 calories a day that includes five meals. Surely this is the way to go. Add to that, a daily two-hour gym session with, yes, mostly overweight ladies and some body-building gentlemen, who could care less of the treadmill or the cross-trainers.

With Eid just a week away, I was surprised not to have encountered one of those stomach-churning traffic jams but on Tuesday night, it hit me where it hurts most: on my way back home from office late at night. But once my CNG driver steered clear of the shopping malls, it was quite soothing because a cold Dhaka night is something to cherish forever.

But a cold morning waiting in the slips was not something I would even ask my enemy to go through. This happened on Monday in a small cricket ground in Uttara while I was representing a NSU selection against Batch 07. I had one catch dropped and then gave away a few pies in my 6-over spell and to top it all off, scored just 1. But it was a nice to see that I lost little breath in fielding 30 overs. Maybe that was the best thing out of cold Monday.

Meanwhile, Rajshahi captain Khaled Mashud emphasised that he asked his charges not to celebrate their NCL one-day triumph. He wants the real thing: four-day gold. But it will be tough after Eid as his side are 12 points adrift of league leaders Khulna (92).

But surely, the week belonged to Barisal’s Rangpur-born left-armer Sajidul Islam. I just hope that the kid doesn’t get thrown to the wolves in New Zealand. He just needs an experience to remember, at that level and not think ahead of himself because he has a long way to go.

Highlight of the week:
• Finishing 35 minutes of strenuous cardio without much trouble.
• The cold breeze that hit me on Monday morning on my way to the game.

Next week:
• Burning calories.
• Eid.

rubel_18
December 21, 2007, 07:24 AM
Another nice diary Isam bhai

BD-Shardul
December 21, 2007, 07:30 AM
Doesn't Dizzy know how to open a thread?

Dizzy
December 21, 2007, 11:06 AM
yes he does!

Miraz
December 21, 2007, 11:14 AM
Doesn't Dizzy know how to open a thread?

This is a BC feature, not a normal thread opened by a member.

Dizzy defnitely knows how to open a thread.

I hope this clarifies.

akabir77
December 21, 2007, 11:34 AM
how come you r complaining about cold seating in dhaka? how cold did it get? did it snow?

Fazal
December 21, 2007, 11:52 AM
Yes I heard people got sick watching snow in TV.

kalpurush
December 21, 2007, 01:52 PM
In Bangladesh, humidity makes it more colder I know.
We lived in Winnipeg, Canada for many years. It's the coldest living city you could find! In winter...temperature goes below 40 degree C. With added windchilld...it goes further below!!!

Sreejon...standing on the heart of Red River, one of the biggest/longest river in N. America...
http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w215/obayedh/DSC01307-1.jpg

Nocturnal
December 21, 2007, 02:03 PM
Nice pic of Sreejon :)

akabir77
December 21, 2007, 02:05 PM
Kalpurush bhai ki koren ai chobi dakha aber na dizz bhai r shith laigga jay...

BD-Shardul
December 21, 2007, 02:05 PM
Originally Posted by Miraz
This is a BC feature, not a normal thread opened by a member.

Dizzy defnitely knows how to open a thread.

I hope this clarifies.

If it is a feature, then why it is in a thread? Or may be I don't understand the meaning of a feature.

Miraz
December 21, 2007, 04:24 PM
If it is a feature, then why it is in a thread? Or may be I don't understand the meaning of a feature.

What's your problem man?!!

Is there any hard and fast rule that a feature cannot appear in the forum and has to be on the front page?

Dizzy's diary is a nice addition to BC and in future might appear on the front page, but a feature can also appear in the forum in the form of a thread.

BD-Shardul
December 21, 2007, 04:39 PM
Originally Posted by Miraz
What's your problem man?!!

Is there any hard and fast rule that a feature cannot appear in the forum and has to be on the front page?

Dizzy's diary is a nice addition to BC and in future might appear on the front page, but a feature can also appear in the forum in the form of a thread.

:-p :-p :-p :-p :-p :-p :-p :-p :-p :-p

Rifat
December 21, 2007, 05:19 PM
hmmm... it would become a very nice collection by the end of this year inshallah, hopefully this continues for a while, it gives a lazy bum like me some time to waste.