PDA

View Full Version : Teams For The Opening Test Between England And Bangladesh

chinaman
October 20, 2003, 12:34 AM
England (from): Vaughan (Yorkshire, capt), Trescothick (Somerset), Butcher (Surrey), Hussain (Essex), Thorpe (Surrey), Clarke (Surrey), Read (Nottinghamshire, wkt), Batty (Worcestershire), Giles (Warwickshire), Harmison (Durham), Hoggard (Yorkshire), Collingwood (Durham), Johnson (Somerset).

Bangladesh (from): Khaled Mahmood (capt), Javed Omar, Rajin Saleh, Aftab Ahmed, Hannan Sarkar, Mushfiqur Rahmar, Habibul Bashar, Alok Kapali, Mohammad Rafique, Tapash Baisya, Khaled Mashud (wkt), Mashrafe Mortzaza, Enamul Haque Junior.

Umpires: A de Silva (SL) & Aleem Dar (Pak).

Match referee: Wasim Raja (Pak).

Source (http://uk.sports.yahoo.com/031020/203/ebkk1.html)

James90
October 20, 2003, 12:46 AM
No Naseef Iqbal?
No Monjural Islam?

Sham
October 20, 2003, 01:35 AM
where have you been?

James90
October 20, 2003, 01:55 AM
What's that supposed to mean?

Carte Blanche
October 20, 2003, 02:06 AM
Umpires: A de Silva (SL) & Aleem Dar (Pak).

wtf!!!!

James90
October 20, 2003, 06:16 AM
First test starts tomorrow??? I had no idea

Sami
October 20, 2003, 08:06 AM
Cant wait to know the 11-man team for tomorrow... hopefully they wont play Mushfiq...

fwullah
October 20, 2003, 10:42 AM
James, Nafees Iqbal will probably play in the one day series.
Because he hasn't shown enough consistent performance over the years, like Aftab Ahmed, so he was not included in the test series.

Monjurul Islam was ommitted from the side for his bowling too much outside the off stump (i.e., too negative bowling for Whatmore) and so he was out from the Bangladesh side along with Ashraful, and Sanwar.

fwullah
October 20, 2003, 11:59 AM
Bangladesher Khela reports that Tapash and Aftab will be the men out.

But according to Cricinfo's Andrew Miller 1st test preview, Tapash Baisya will play and Mushfique is the one who is not in the first eleven-side.

I hope for Bangladesh's sake, the Cricinfo report is right.