PDA

View Full Version : let BanglaCricket flex her muscles...

al Furqaan
December 22, 2007, 01:38 PM
Ok folks, this is about live streaming/broadcasts. But this is not about where to get it or whose doing it, there are already a few threads about that. This is also not just about the coming NZ tour. This is much bigger in scope and entails all Bangladesh tours.

Indian and Pakistan get their matches broadcast because of two things: they are top teams and they have huge fan backing.

Unfortunately, we have neither, at least not at the level they have.

But that can change, and it is changing. And we can hasten that change.

We need to mobilize a concerted effort to bug the powers that be into broadcasting Bangladesh matches.

This thread should be for formulating a systematic plan of attack.

For now, keep sending emails to willow or SKY SPORTS. Even if you live in the states and couldn't watch sky, do it for brothers that can. and also even if you can't watch it, you can get highlights from youtube or megauploads or whatever.

Nafis_BD
December 22, 2007, 01:42 PM
Nice initiative Al Furqaan bhaiya. I will definitely do what is needed to get our matches broadcasted even more!!

al Furqaan
December 22, 2007, 01:49 PM
Here is a sample email you can send:

Dear Sir/Madam:

It has come to my attention that there is no mention of a broadcast of the upcoming Bangladesh tour of New Zealand (3 ODIs and 2 Tests). As a Bangladeshi cricket fan, I find it highly disappointing that this large segment of the market is being disregarded. There are countless Bangladeshis across the world who would like to watch their team play. Please let us know if you can obtain broadcasts for this series.

Sincerely,

Your name

Rabz
December 22, 2007, 02:02 PM
Good initiave AF.
Shall do.

Nafi
December 22, 2007, 03:22 PM
can u give me an sky sports email?

Nafi
December 22, 2007, 03:34 PM
http://www.skysports.com/contactus/0,20299,,00.html

thats the link

Omio
December 22, 2007, 03:37 PM
Good thinking,
we should start sending email to them.

kalpurush
December 22, 2007, 04:15 PM
Done! Sent a strong but proffessional e-mail.

Much thanks - al-Furqaan vai for his great initiative.:-D

MohammedC
December 22, 2007, 05:33 PM
Done sent my email to sky. If they dont respond I will downgrade to minimum subscription. And when I call I will tell them exactly why. If any one has Sky Sports Subscription should do the same. And if we do it in one specific day they may get the message.

:flag:

al Furqaan
December 22, 2007, 08:13 PM
remember to sound as professional as you can, but remain inteligible.

Game On
December 22, 2007, 08:15 PM
So , what's the conclusion of this thread then ?

One World
December 22, 2007, 09:43 PM

Conclusion: do what is asked and stop asking unnecessary question IMHO

Blah
December 22, 2007, 10:42 PM

Did you e-mail them?
Did you mean to say "what is the point of this thread?"

Also for others who don't know, there are several sites which show live cricket broadcast of all international events for free, no signup, no BS whatsoever, bhejafry.net is one such website, so far has shown aevery single international games for the last two months for free. (this is not an advertisement for that site, and I am not associated with them in anyway whatsoever)

uvaskaves
December 22, 2007, 10:46 PM
Did you e-mail them?
Did you mean to say "what is the point of this thread?"

Also for others who don't know, there are several sites which show live cricket broadcast of all international events for free, no signup, no BS whatsoever, bhejafry.net is one such website, so far has shown aevery single international games for the last two months for free. (this is not an advertisement for that site, and I am not associated with them in anyway whatsoever)

Do you think they will show the BD/NZ series?

Blah
December 23, 2007, 12:39 AM
I think so, they even showed couple of domestic, and they havent missed a single international cricket coverage, so I dont see any reason why they will miss this one.

Tigers_eye
December 23, 2007, 02:39 AM
Good initiative. Now I challenge all gurus and legends to do this.

jisaan
December 23, 2007, 08:29 AM
good thinking

israr
December 23, 2007, 03:23 PM
We'll support you al-Furqaan.
And no worries, we are the next superpowers of world cricket, and regarding the fan following, in addition to our stong base, other foreign cricket lovers will vote for us rather than watching those limp performances of the 'paradoxical giants', and that's sooner than later.