PDA

View Full Version : ICC Has Donated $250,000 For Sidr Victims!

Murad
December 23, 2007, 04:33 AM
The International Cricket Council today donated US$250,000 to the Bangladesh Relief Fund to help alleviate the suffering caused by a cyclone that hit the country last month.

On 11 November Cyclone Sidr formed in the Bay of Bengal and over the following four or five days tore across Bangladesh leaving behind a trail of devastation. More than 3,500 people were killed and many thousands more were left homeless by the cyclone.

On behalf of the ICC Board, Chief Executive Malcolm Speed presented a cheque for US$250,000 to Bangladesh Team Manager Ahmed Sajjadul Alam and Bangladesh Captain Mohammad Ashraful before the start of the charity Twenty20 match between a Bangladesh XI and a New Zealand Cricket XI at Hamilton. All proceeds from Sunday’s match are going to help the victims of the cyclone.

Ashraful accepted the cheque from Mr Speed on behalf of the Bangladesh Relief Fund.

“The devastation caused in Bangladesh by Cyclone Sidr last month shocked us all,” said Mr Speed.

“More than a month on and a huge challenge still faces those tasked with assisting in the rebuilding process. When one of our members is so badly affected in this way, and when we see the great work done by the various relief organisations, it puts what we do into perspective,” he said.

“I am glad that the ICC has this opportunity to make a contribution to the relief effort and I applaud the generosity of the people here in New Zealand, who have made their own personal contributions to ease the suffering in Bangladesh.”

The Twenty20 match is the highlight of a day of fundraising activity at Seddon Park, Hamilton for Cyclone Sidr relief efforts. The New Zealand Cricket XI includes many top cricketers including former BLACKCAPS captain Stephen Fleming, current players Scott Styris, Peter Fulton and Ross Taylor, as well as potential stars of the future such as Tim Southee.

ICC-Cricket (http://icc-cricket.yahoo.com/media-release/2007/december/media-release20071223-29.html)

Murad
December 23, 2007, 04:36 AM
Thanks to Mr. Speed & the ICC for their helping hand to the Sidr Victims.:)

Miraz
December 23, 2007, 04:41 AM
Good news. Thanks muradnyc for sharing.

kalpurush
December 23, 2007, 04:49 AM
My gratitude to ICC.
My thanks to Murad.:-D

Nocturnal
December 23, 2007, 04:50 AM
good to know. Thanks ICC.

PoorFan
December 23, 2007, 05:02 AM
Thank you ICC, and thank you New Zealand people.

Rifat
December 23, 2007, 05:04 AM
i hope all this money is used for GOOD CHARITY WORK instead of past corruption! anyways congrats to ICC and New Zealand for making this event happen and generous donation.

Rabz
December 23, 2007, 05:52 AM
Thank You ICC.

And Many Many Thanks to New Zealand.

We are grateful.

Game On
December 23, 2007, 06:00 AM
Thank You ICC.

And Many Many Thanks to New Zealand.

We are grateful.

If you are greatfull then why you guys won ? You should have lost to show the respect .

zainab
December 23, 2007, 08:40 AM
If you are greatfull then why you guys won ? You should have lost to show the respect .

What a character you are? You mean BD should have lost this match intentionally to show gratitude. I think you should reassess your thinking. I have been reading your posts and i am just amused by your thoughtless and empty comments.
do yourself and other loyal fans a favour here, just forget about this forum.
Everyone here writes intelligently, not gibberish.

nasimul
December 23, 2007, 10:29 AM
Thanks to ICC and people of NZ for standing beside SIDR victims.

Murad
December 23, 2007, 04:55 PM
http://www.cricinfo.com/db/PICTURES/CMS/84100/84121.jpg
Malcolm Speed presents a cheque for $250,000 for the Bangladesh Relief Fund to Mohammad Ashraful, New Zealand XI v Bangladesh XI, Twenty20 charity match, Hamilton, December 23, 2007

Game On
December 24, 2007, 12:46 AM
What a character you are? You mean BD should have lost this match intentionally to show gratitude. I think you should reassess your thinking. I have been reading your posts and i am just amused by your thoughtless and empty comments.
do yourself and other loyal fans a favour here, just forget about this forum.
Everyone here writes intelligently, not gibberish.

That's the way to get attention of the people as I was just joking all the way !!!!!!!!!!!

sandpiper
December 24, 2007, 12:54 AM
Thats a very silly way to catch attention. Grow up, man. Be yourself.
That's the way to get attention of the people l I was just joking all the way !!!!!!!!!!!

Rabz
December 24, 2007, 04:10 AM

Mate, either you are 12 or retarded.

... koi theke je koek din por por.....