PDA

View Full Version : How did 2007 go for everyone?

Parisa
December 23, 2007, 09:59 AM
for me this year started off really bad.the first couple of months were very depressing and hard for me (i cannot say why) but since july 13th things started looking up for me.i have emotionally grown up the most this year.what about you all?

One World
December 23, 2007, 12:50 PM
Overall 2007 was a very tough year for me - professionally, health wise and in education too. But all's well that ends well. So I would say it was successful but hard-earned.

cricman
December 23, 2007, 12:55 PM
It was a Bad year overall, I had some highs but couldn't maintain it and lots of lows, the positives is that I met new people that I've become close with and stayed tight with the friends I had, and now I've planned to start making big moves for 2008 that's gonna be tough but in the end is really gonna help me.

If I correct some of the mistakes I made in 07, 2008 is going to be a great year. Can't wait for it to start

Moshin
December 23, 2007, 12:59 PM
It was a bad year for me as well,
espicially in my studies, grades have been up and down ever since
now im just hoping next year will be much better than this year hopefully!
on the cricket note, i think we done quite well this year, espicially in the world cup!

Rubu
December 23, 2007, 01:09 PM
It was, I think the worst year for me, to date. Hope no other year will exceed it. I'm calling it the worst for two main events. The first half of the year was marked by the death of my most favorite player and the second half by the death of my favorite sister.

Kabir
December 23, 2007, 01:13 PM
Attention seeker...that's all.
Rubbish.

Moshin
December 23, 2007, 01:17 PM
Rubbish.
kabir bai who you on about?

Rumz_01
December 23, 2007, 01:18 PM
2007, a long year, i wud liv it over a thousand times...
Last year of secondary school..they mayhem of exams, with a graduation, prom and a yearbook...
The actual exams..revision classes...study sessions..etc.
Gettin my grades..School finished..friendships seemed to die away..

n then college strted...i hated it..being one of the new ones...still gettin used to it...
miss school a lot...bu gtta liv with it
However, this year iv met some pretty amazing people...
so overall it has been a great year for me..i think...

BD-Shardul
December 23, 2007, 03:39 PM
Year 2007 was a successful (hard earned) year, and more importantly, it was a good year because my state of "bishonnota (frustration)" dropped to some extent.

tonoy
December 23, 2007, 04:27 PM
Rubbish.

amen brother. amen

Navarene
December 23, 2007, 06:33 PM
and the second half by the death of my favorite sister.
Rubu, if its your first blood sister, I am shocked to know the news. There is no word to express our grief. May her soul rest in peace. Let us all make doa for her departed soul.

Murad
December 23, 2007, 07:21 PM
This year was too good for me. I've started gaining a lot of weights. I was only 148 pounds in January but Right now I'm weighing 260 pounds and thinking of reaching 500 pounds mark. Thats my goal for 2008. :)

Murad
December 23, 2007, 07:22 PM
Rubbish.

lolz

Rubu
December 23, 2007, 07:57 PM
Rubu, if its your first blood sister, I am shocked to know the news. There is no word to express our grief. May her soul rest in peace. Let us all make doa for her departed soul.
Yes, she was my first blood sister. In fact I was the closest to her among all my siblings.

yeah, please keep her in your prayer.

Hatebreed
December 23, 2007, 08:24 PM
Yes, she was my first blood sister. In fact I was the closest to her among all my siblings.

I'm really sorry for your loss. May Allah bless her soul with eternal peace.

Nocturnal
December 24, 2007, 03:34 AM
it could have been worse.

Rifat
December 24, 2007, 04:20 AM
i have learned mighty valuable lessons this year! including recently after my first college semester.

Miraz
December 24, 2007, 04:45 AM

Sorry to hear that. May Allah rest her soul in peace. Amen

Bengaliprince176
December 24, 2007, 05:21 AM

im sorry to hear about that, my deepest condolences. may she rest in peace.

this year.... well its bin a good year for the last 6 months, but i i want it to end. im glad i can restart on january 1st.

Yameen
December 24, 2007, 05:24 AM
Sorry to hear about ur loss Rubu, may her soul rest in peace..

the first half of the yeat was great for me, i met the girl of my dreams and im still with her now, success at A levels meaning i got into the Uni of my choice. At the start of uni, it was really hard for me but now im starting to enjoy more and met some amazing people along the way...there also have been some major downers for me with family related issues which i will not disclose..

n last but not least, the success of our cricket team!

may 2008 be a joyous n prosperous year for all of us!

James90
December 24, 2007, 09:11 AM
Huge year. Had a death in the family, got a new addition to the family and finished highschool. The first ten months were really tough but the last two months have been fantastic. I can only hope that 2008 will take off from where 2007 ended.

And I too express my sympathies to Rubu and his family. Keep on trucking, mate.

AsifTheManRahman
December 24, 2007, 10:41 AM
Rubu, really sorry to hear about your loss. There's really not much an outsider can say when things like this happen. I just hope for the best for you and your family here on.

How are the wife and the baby doing?

Ahmed_B
December 24, 2007, 11:57 AM
Quite shocked to hear Rubu's news... hard to believe. May her soul rest in peace.

Fazal
December 24, 2007, 12:07 PM
Sorry to hear that. May Allah rest her soul in peace. Amen

Amen. Thats explains why Rubu was kind of quite this year.

BanCricFan
December 24, 2007, 03:02 PM
Rubu, may Allah grant her the jannah! Life is such that you have to say goodbye to loved ones...even untimely at times.

Kabir
December 24, 2007, 07:12 PM
Rubu bhai, very sad to hear that. My sincere condolences to you and your family. And may your sister rest in peace.

Rifat
December 24, 2007, 08:01 PM
It was, I think the worst year for me, to date. Hope no other year will exceed it. I'm calling it the worst for two main events. The first half of the year was marked by the death of my most favorite player and the second half by the death of my favorite sister.

inna lillahi wa inna ilaihe rajiun(3x).

this was a wierd year for everything that happened, including the death/suicide/murder of Bob Woolmer...

May Allah grant her jannah...

Zunaid
December 24, 2007, 08:48 PM
Rubu - my heart goes out to you.

Zobair
December 24, 2007, 11:12 PM
I am really sorry to hear about your loss. I have a sister and I can only imagine your pain. May Allah rest her in peace. From Him we come and to Him we must return...

Antora
December 25, 2007, 03:03 AM

:( may your sister rest in peace....

Antora
December 25, 2007, 03:12 AM
2007 was an okay alright year for me..... the best things were:
-going to Bangladesh [after 3 years ]
-I also got to do a lot of charity work with my group [bangladesh youth group melbourne] to help the flood victims.
- and last but not least i have to mention the 2007 WC were my beautiful Bangladesh played sooo good!

and one of the worsts was the loss of Rana :'(

Rubu
December 25, 2007, 09:56 AM
Thanks everyone for the prayers.

Moshin
December 25, 2007, 10:22 AM
rubu bai may allah forgive her sins and insha-allah she will be granted to heaven.
- by the way guys where is parisa, after what kabir bai had said, she has dissapered ever since then, not very usual of her is it, i fink she's upset???

Moshin
December 25, 2007, 04:12 PM
where is she?

tonoy
December 25, 2007, 04:15 PM
Yes, the plan worked!

Moshin
December 26, 2007, 11:10 AM
Yes, the plan worked!
What plan are you guys talkin bout?:-/

Rommel
December 26, 2007, 11:58 AM
Come on guys. We shouldn't want anyone to leave this forum. Parisa Apu might be an attention seeker but maybe thats just the way she is. We shouldn't want her out of the forum for that. Everyone should be welcome in this forum. So Parisa Apu, if you are reading this, come back and don't feel upset. I want you here and I bet a lot more members want you here too.

Moshin
December 26, 2007, 12:00 PM
Come on guys. We shouldn't want anyone to leave this forum. Parisa Apu might be an attention seeker but maybe thats just the way she is. We shouldn't want her out of the forum for that. Everyone should be welcome in this forum. So Parisa Apu, if you are reading this, come back and don't feel upset. I want you here and I bet a lot more members want you here too.
Same here what what ro1249 has said, please come back:D

Tigers_eye
December 26, 2007, 12:00 PM
Rubu,
may her soul rest in peace. There is no words that can minimize the pain of such loss. May you and your family have the strength to overcome the tragic loss.

Inna lillahi wa inna lillahi rajiun.

As for me, the year went fine. Still four/five days left and I am feeling that I am about to get sick. Not finishing on a good note as it may seem; similar to Bangladesh Cricket team and Bangladesh (new govt. -good start to floods and sidr).

BD-Shardul
December 26, 2007, 12:40 PM
রুবু ভাই,

শোকাবহ আনেক রকমের খবর আছে, কিন্তু মৃত্যু খবর তার মধ্যে ব্যতিক্রম। কারণ এই খবর হজম করা পৃথিবীর সবচেয়ে কঠিন কাজগুলোর মধ্যে অন্যতম। মহান আল্লাহর দরবারে দোয়া করি তিনি যেন আপনার বোনকে জান্নাত দান করেন।

আপনার কষ্ট আমি বুঝতে পারলাম তার কারণ ২০০৬ সাল ছিল আমার জন্য এরকম। প্রথম মৃত্যুটি ছিল আমার ছোট মামার। সেই মামার কাছ থেকেই আমি প্রথম ক্রিকেট খেলা শিখেছিলাম। আর বয়সের দিক দিয়ে কাছাকাছি থাকায় ছোট মামার সাথে যে সখ্যতাটা যে একটু বেশি ছিল তা আর বলার অপেক্ষা রাখে না। নেটওয়েস্ট সিরিজের সবগুলু খেলা অনেক দাপাদাপি করে দেখেছিলাম মামার সাথে। তারপরই কালছায়া। মামার অসুখ। তেমন কিছু না। বমি, আর পেট ব্যথা। ইমারজেন্সিতে একদিন গেলেন। ডাক্তাররা পরীক্ষা করে কি পেলেন বোঝা গেল না। তবে হাসপাতালে ভর্তি করে রাখলেন। বেশ কয়েকদিন কেটে গেল। তারপরেও জানি না ব্যপারটা কী। একদিন দেখলাম বাবা আলমারিতে মামার মেডিক্যালের কিছু কাগজ পত্র রাখলেন চুপিসারে, কিন্তু আমি দেখে ফেললাম। তারপর সুযোগ বুঝে রিপোর্ট পড়তে গেলাম। শুনেছি মানুষের নাকি পায়ের তলা থেকে মাটি সরে যায় এমন অনুভুতি হয়। রিপোর্টে যখন দেখলাম Hepatocellular Carcinoma তখন আমার ঠিক সে অনুভুতি হয়েছিল। মাথা ঘুরতে লাগল। কোনরকমে এসে নিজের বিছানায় শুয়ে পড়লাম।

তারপর যা ঘটার তাই ঘটল। লিভার ক্যান্সার আর এক মাসের মধ্যেই কেড়ে নিল আমার ছোট মামাকে। মৃত্যুকালে তার বয়স হয়েচিল মাত্র ৩০।

অন্য মৃত্যুটি আমার নানুর। প্রথমে অসুস্থতার খবর শুনেও মনে খারাপ লাগার তেমন কেটি প্রভাব পড়েনি । কিন্তু ছেদ ঘটল একদিন। নানুর সাথে কথা বলার সময় মা হঠাৎ বললেন যে নানু নাকি আমার সাথে কথা বলতে চান। অগত্যা রিসিভার হাতে নিলাম। নানু বেশি কিছু বলতে পারলেন না। শুধু বললেন, “ভাই দোয়া করি জীবেনে যেন অনেক বড় হও। এরকম কথাবার্তা আমার অপ্রত্যাশিত ছিল না। তবে বুকে শেলের মত বিধল অসুস্থ নানুর করুণ কণ্ঠস্বর। সেই কণ্ঠস্বরটি এতই করুণ ও অসহায় মনেহয়েছিল আমার কাছে যে আজও মাঝেমধ্যে কানে বেজে ওঠলে মনটা অসম্ভব রকম খারাপ হয়ে যায়। মানুষের ঘাড়ে আল্লাহ যখন কোন বড় ধরনের বিপদ বা অসুখ চাপায়ে দেন, তখন কেবল মানুষ বুঝতে পারে ঘুড়ির নাটাই আসলে কার হাতে!

মৃত্যু ভালবাসার মানুষ আমাদের কাছ থেকে ছিনিয়ে নিলেও ভালবাসা কী নিতে পারে? পারে না। বেহেশতে মানুষ কান্না করবে কিনা আমাদের জানা নেই, কিন্তু আমার মনে হয় এই পৃথিবী ছেড়ে চলে যাওয়া আপনজনদের দেখলে বেহেশতেও আমি emotional হয়ে যাব।

RazabQ
December 26, 2007, 09:02 PM
Shardul - touching. My condolences on your loss.
Rubu - My deepest condolences. Had no idea that you had such a major upheaval in your life.

Personally, my life this year was pretty good. Welcomed my 2nd child to the family (another boy), got promoted, watched BD play well (at times).

Rubu
December 26, 2007, 09:21 PM
BD-Shardul (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=3207) Bhai, thanks for your kind words. It is a feeling nothing can soothe. but then, when I think about Sidr, Tsunami and such I feel, I lost just one member, what about those who lost so many? Many people have no one left in their family. they still live on. that is the only thought that help me control my feeling.

Parisa
December 28, 2007, 10:55 AM

come back? i didn't even go anywhere.i am not an attention seeker.but ur always welcome to think ur own thoughts.

Bengaliprince176
December 28, 2007, 10:57 AM
come back? i didn't even go anywhere.i am not an attention seeker.but ur always welcome to think ur own thoughts.

yay!! parisa didi is back!!! how have u bin??

btw RazabQ congrats on ur 2nd child!!

Parisa
December 28, 2007, 11:03 AM
rubu i know what it feels like to lose someone u love....i lost my cousin and uncle both on the same day last year in nairobi.two people i loved died on the same day.and i still haven't got over it.i haven't progressed emotionally since their deaths.i haven't recovered from the shock stage.so if this helps in anyway let me know.may ur family rest in peace.

Parisa
December 28, 2007, 11:07 AM
thanks for all the people who missed me...m oshin and bengalipribce thanks...ro1249 thanks for stickin up for me.....

RazabQ
December 28, 2007, 07:35 PM
Bengaliprince - thanks

tonoy
December 28, 2007, 08:23 PM
wow razabq, you got 2 boys. Lucky man you are. Trust me its gonna be quite an adventure with two boys. I know because we got three boys in our family (not to mention my dad).