PDA

View Full Version : Predict the next stars of Bangladesh!

bdchamp20
December 23, 2007, 02:16 PM
Who will be the next stars to emerge into the Bangladesh squad? In 2007 we've had youngsters such as Mushfiqur Rahim, Shakib Al Hasan, Tamim Iqbal Khan, Junaed Siddique Imroz, Mahmudullah Riyad earn permenant contracts with the BCB. But who will be the new stars to earn contracts in the next couple of years. Predict some names and the time it will take them to break into the squad. And we will check later if the predictions are correct! You can also predict which current stars are going to be discarded from the national squad.

bdchamp20
December 23, 2007, 02:32 PM
I think these players are going to make it intothe squad by next year:
Dhiman Ghosh:Chittagong wicket-keeper and middle-order batsman
Dolar Mahmud: Khulna and Bangladesh U-19 pacer
Imrul Kayes: Khulna opener
Mosharaf Hossain: Dhaka middle-order batsman and left-arm spinner

I think Tushar Imran, Khaled Mashud Pilot, Javed Omar Belim and Mohammad Sharif's Bangladesh careers will be over by next year as well.

realpain20
December 23, 2007, 04:09 PM

I think Tushar Imran, Khaled Mashud Pilot, Javed Omar Belim and Mohammad Sharif's Bangladesh careers will be over by next year as well.
I agree that most of these players will get their chance in the team sooner or later. I think Dhiman is going to replace Mushfiq anyday now. Dolar will get a chance, I am not sure its going to be as early as next year though. I am not so sure about Mosharaf and Kayes as they hav just started playing. I would like to name one more player to your list, that is Nazimuddin, he had a bad 20/20 World Cup but I think he is a good batter. And I agree all those players are going to be out of the team soon.

Moshin
December 23, 2007, 04:22 PM
From the start I thought Shahriar Nafees will be the next star of Bangladesh,
after brilliant performances against other teams, espicially Shahriar Nafees,
after the Zimbabwe series he just lost it, but I still think Shahriar will
come through the struggle of cricket...so I think the next star of Bangladesh
Cricket still...Shahriar Nafees!

tonoy
December 23, 2007, 04:56 PM
shahriar nafees. this lad has got something that none of our batsmen have, Temperament.

Murad
December 23, 2007, 05:02 PM
Enamul Haq Jr. or Junaid Siddique

Antora
December 23, 2007, 05:06 PM
I think the next stars will be
Tamim IQbal
Zunaed Siddique
and i still have hope for Sharieer Nafees :)

Moshin
December 23, 2007, 05:08 PM
shahriar nafees. this lad has got something that none of our batsmen have, Temperament.
atleast i have someone who agrees with me:-D

Eshen
December 23, 2007, 05:16 PM
In 2007 we've had youngsters such as Mushfiqur Rahim, Shakib Al Hasan, Tamim Iqbal Khan, Junaed Siddique Imroz, Mahmudullah Riyad earn permenant contracts with the BCB. But who will be the new stars to earn contracts in the next couple of years.

You missed the guy who should be topping the list - Sajidul Islam. He is already in the squad and should be offered a contract soon.

Other than above mentioned players, I think Nazimuddin and Raqibul Hasan (although currently not doing that well) have very good chances to find permanent places among the national team pool players in next two years.

realpain20
December 23, 2007, 05:30 PM
U guys are naming players who have already played for Bangladesh like Shahriar Nafees Tamim etc., i think what bdchamp20 meant was players who havent played for BD yet but have the potential to be included. I want to add the names of Nabil Samad:Sylhet Div. spinner, he might not make it next year but he will surely play for BD!

Eshen
December 23, 2007, 05:58 PM
If I am told to pick a team of players that are not yet contracted (or have not been contracted before) by BCB, this would be my team -

Nazmus Sadat
Imrul Kayes
Nazimuddin
Raqibul Hasan
Naeem Islam
Marshall Ayub
Dhiman Ghosh
Mosharraf Hossain
Dollar Mahmud
Sajidul Islam
Mahbubul Alam

Among the above mentioned players, I believe Mosharraf and Mahbubul are less talented. I won't be surprised if those two get lost from the picture and some other younger players take over their spots in the next two years. I expect others to be still in competition for a national team spot after next two years.

Nocturnal
December 23, 2007, 06:01 PM
If I am told to pick a team of players that are not yet contracted (or have not been contracted before) by BCB, this would be my team -

Nazmus Sadat
Imrul Kayes
Nazimuddin
Raqibul Hasan
Naeem Islam
Marshall Ayub
Dhiman Ghosh
Mosharraf Hossain
Dollar Mahmud
Sajidul Islam
Mahbubul Alam

it's a very good team I would say .

Haradhon
December 23, 2007, 06:15 PM
Who will be the next stars to emerge into the Bangladesh squad? In 2007 we've had youngsters such as Mushfiqur Rahim, Shakib Al Hasan, Tamim Iqbal Khan, Junaed Siddique Imroz, Mahmudullah Riyad earn permenant contracts with the BCB. But who will be the new stars to earn contracts in the next couple of years. Predict some names and the time it will take them to break into the squad. And we will check later if the predictions are correct! You can also predict which current stars are going to be discarded from the national squad.
It takes time to get to stardom. I think Ashraful is our only star. Even he needs to improve his run rate!

Lidcombe
December 23, 2007, 07:04 PM
We dont want any superstar player, we want a superstar TEAM

Omio
December 23, 2007, 07:40 PM
Marshal Ayub

realpain20
December 24, 2007, 06:01 AM
It takes time to get to stardom. I think Ashraful is our only star. Even he needs to improve his run rate!
Yeah, Ashraful and Mashrafe are our only international stars but all the players in our team are considered stars in Bangladesh.

fuzzy
December 24, 2007, 06:18 AM
i can tell u who is going 2 b the best wicketkeeper

mushifq looks like a good test player as everybodys he shows good technique

and offcourse diman Gosh best for ODI i hav seen play he got strock, can all shoots, can b aggresive

Yameen
December 24, 2007, 07:59 AM
i really like the look of the new left armer sajidul islam, i have a feeling with hes going to have a major impact and cause the NZ batsman a lot of trouble with the movement he can generate in these conditions. Hes defo one for the future and can see him have a permanent place in the team, dont know about 'superstar' status though..

al-Sagar
December 24, 2007, 08:21 AM
mosharraf hossain rubel looks a good spinner.

he is tall, which gives him extra bounce, and also he uses the crease very well.

and also he is a very good batsman.

and i also think mahmudullah riad and dhiman ghosh are good prospects.

nice to sajidul islam already in the national squad.

i have never seen imrul kayes, naizimuddin, najmus sadat play so can't say too much of them.

but at this moment we need players in the team to be the stars. that is junaid, tamim, aftab, ashraful, mehrab, sakib, reza, musfhik, mashrafe, shahadat, nazmul, razzak, sajidul and others.

Miraz
December 24, 2007, 08:23 AM
Welcome offstump to BanglaCricket, Enjoy your stay!!

You can introduce yourself in the following thread..

Introduce Yourself (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/showthread.php?t=6983) (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/images/BanglaCricket/misc/multipage.gif <!-- BEGIN TEMPLATE: threadbit_pagelink --> 1 (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/showthread.php?t=6983) <!-- END TEMPLATE: threadbit_pagelink --> <!-- BEGIN TEMPLATE: threadbit_pagelink --> 2 (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/showthread.php?t=6983&page=2) <!-- END TEMPLATE: threadbit_pagelink --> <!-- BEGIN TEMPLATE: threadbit_pagelink --> 3 (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/showthread.php?t=6983&page=3) <!-- END TEMPLATE: threadbit_pagelink --> ... Last Page (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/showthread.php?t=6983&page=11))