PDA

View Full Version : S factor, world cricket and bangladesh

wiseshah
December 24, 2007, 01:10 AM
guys , its just a nice coincidence. some of you might find it very interesting.

s factor in world cricket. here is a team with player name start with S and their Success

1. Saeed anwar (highest run in ODI--194) / (sunil gavasker----record holder once)
2. sanath jaysuriya---- (so many records, fastest half century)
3. stephen fleming (NZ captain--highest run for NZ) / ( shib narine chaunderpaul)
4. *steve waugh ( aussie captain and played highest match for Australia)
5. sachin tendulkar---dont have to mention
6. sourav ganguly----- highest 186, 3rd highest century maker)
7. +sangakara ---- number 1 batsman at this time
8. saun pollock--best allrunder ( shahid afridi---quickest 100/ shoib malik--captain)
9. shane warne-- do i have to mention? ( stuart mcgill/ saqlain mustaq-- quickest 200 wicket)
10.shoib akhtar (fastest) ( saun tait-fastest, steve harmisson--fastest for england)
11. shane bond( fastest for NZ)

almost all of them are record holder or highest run maker or played highest matches

just a coincidence, so many great players name start with 'S'

if we check our players, looks like s factor is working here too

1. sakib al hasan--- highest average for BD, selected for ICC emerging player of the year
2. shahriar nafes--- has 4 century and 1000 runs in one calendar year
3. shahadat Hossain--- hattrick man, plus fastest BD bowler
4. Syed rasel---- most economic bowler ( top 10 list in last WC)

5. now' main focus on sajedul hassan-- do u think he will be another great? he has ability to swing and potentiality of becoming great. only time will say.

what u guys think?

Game On
December 24, 2007, 01:17 AM
Total rubbish , kushonshkar ......

ononto
December 24, 2007, 01:24 AM
Wonderful finding. May be joining the line like this is a bit unrealistic but still we have most of the world famous player's names started with S.

Rabz
December 24, 2007, 01:26 AM
5. now' main focus on sajedul hassan-- do u think he will be another great? he has ability to swing and potentiality of becoming great. only time will say.

what u guys think?

First of all, its Sajidul Islam.

i guess we'll have to wait and see...

He is yet to make his international debut.

Game On
December 24, 2007, 01:27 AM
Sachin Tendulkar er naam nai , haha

Kabir
December 24, 2007, 02:04 AM
Total rubbish , kushonshkar ......

Total trollish...[বাংলা]আগাছা[/বাংলা]

I mean...[বাংলা]আপনি[/বাংলা]

Rabz
December 24, 2007, 02:06 AM

Couldn't agree more.

wiseshah
December 24, 2007, 02:13 AM
Sachin Tendukar er naam nai , haha

kana naki. 5 number ta kaar?

anyway, what is ku sonskar here, probably you dont know the meaning of kusonskar.

i just mentioned some nice fact, some people might find it interesting, so many players name with S and so many record holders and so many of them were captain of their team. i didnt say, your name must have to start with S to make a place in the record book. i just make a best of 11 with some very well known player, whose name started with S.

just take it as a fun. Kusonskar is the thing that people believe ( eg. ghar theke ber howar age keo hachi dea, some people think its bad for the day or bad for travel or kalo biral is a kusonskar), hope you now know the meaning of kusonskar, if you still dont understand, then there is another 2 word, which also start with S, you can see in the dictionary

1. Stupid---- also start with S
2. Sucks----- intelligence

lol, did u see tendulkar in the list

wiseshah
December 24, 2007, 02:15 AM

thanks kabir bhai. LMAO

Rifat
December 24, 2007, 02:16 AM
it is only a mere coincidence that this happend: i will give you examples of players whose name has no semblance of "S" but are highly successful/legends in their own way:

1. Donald Bradman

2. Kapil Dev

3. Muttiah Muralitharan

4. Ricky Ponting

5. Minhajul Abedin Nannu( do not argue with me, he was a legend ;))

non-cricket:

1. Tiger Woods

2. Michael Jordan

3. Jeff Gordon

4. Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

wiseshah
December 24, 2007, 02:17 AM
Wonderful finding. May be joining the line like this is a bit unrealistic but still we have most of the world famous player's names started with S.

thanks ononoto. i agree with u that its bit unrealistic, but its just some fact.

Game On
December 24, 2007, 02:17 AM
Abar shobai amar pisoney laaglo , ami abar ki korlam ?

wiseshah
December 24, 2007, 02:21 AM
Sachin Tendulkar er naam nai , haha

kabir bhai and RABz, "Game on" er matha kharap hoye gese, bangladesher kache 20/20 te harar porey. I think, they have to bring mark greatbatch (his fav player) to win T 20/20 against BD. anyway, BD 20/20 ranking is higher than NZ.

Kabir
December 24, 2007, 02:24 AM
Abar shobai amar pisoney laaglo , ami abar ki korlam ?

The saying goes like this: "You only get one chance to make the first impression".

Kabir
December 24, 2007, 02:28 AM
On the topic:

This is not a mere coincidence, but actually something based on some facts. The fact is, S takes up most space in the English dictionary. It also takes most space in the "name" dictionary. Thus, there's more names starting with S than other alphabets.

To do justice to other letters, you can do a statistical analysis on the percentage of players whose names start with S that have been successful. Then make a chart of the same values for other letters.

Good luck ;)

wiseshah
December 24, 2007, 03:46 AM
it is only a mere coincidence that this happend: i will give you examples of players whose name has no semblance of "S" but are highly successful/legends in their own way:

1. Donald Bradman

2. Kapil Dev

3. Muttiah Muralitharan

4. Ricky Ponting

5. Minhajul Abedin Nannu( do not argue with me, he was a legend ;))

non-cricket:

1. Tiger Woods

2. Michael Jordan

3. Jeff Gordon

4. Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

i agree with u they are well established player. can you make a best 11 team with one letter, who has better record than name started with S. you forget to add brian lara

Yameen
December 24, 2007, 05:10 AM
omg this is what u do in ur spare time?

DJ Sahastra
December 24, 2007, 11:35 AM
I agree with WiseShah. There is an 'S' in Tiger Woods, an 'S' in Schumaker, an 'S' in Sachin, an 'S' in Steve Waugh, an 'S' in Sharapova, an 'S' in Stefi Graff, an 'S' in Sania Mirza, an 'S' in Anna Kouniskova ;) & an 'S' in Sahastra. End of the argument.

Protic
December 24, 2007, 11:46 AM
S .. SAB TV
:) Telecasting the matches..
Kk.. im just too excited.

BD-Shardul
December 24, 2007, 05:04 PM
al Furqan Bhai, now you will have to include S factor into your WEIR Doctrine ;)

DotBall
December 24, 2007, 05:15 PM
wiseshah, you have too much time on hand.

KnightBD
December 24, 2007, 06:14 PM
If you look in a phonebook, you will find S is the most common letter for names. Its merely probability.