PDA

View Full Version : The Use Of Our Match Winner

pilot fan
December 24, 2007, 07:14 AM
with the ball mortaza is our match winner, over the last few years he has consistanly bowled well troublerling some of the best batsman in the world and he is slowly turning into an allrounder providing he keeps his head and plays himself in

but where he has often had probelems is at the death and with the new ball when it is swinging, even through he often takes wickets up front he is not consistant

with the emergance of sadijual who i was very impressed with yesterday and who is a better bowler than rasel as he can swing it as rasel can do and at a much faster pace and shadahat who bowled brillalisnt yesterday with a consistant line and length and showed that he has the abilty to bowl tightly at the top and bowl good yorkers and bouncers at the depth.

our operning bowling combination has to be shadahat and sadijual with mash coming on first change as remember when we toured kenya a few years ago he came on fist change and ripped apart the middle order. the middle period is where we have often struggeled to take wickets and mash could win matchs for us hear

so in odi's his role showed be to bat at number 8 and add his big hitting to chase and set scores and he shoed come on first chage after about 10 or 12 overs and consistanlty trouble the middle order batsman which we do struggle to do after often getting early wickets

Rifat
December 24, 2007, 07:29 AM
with the ball mortaza is our match winner, over the last few years he has consistanly bowled well troublerling some of the best batsman in the world and he is slowly turning into an allrounder providing he keeps his head and plays himself in

but where he has often had probelems is at the death and with the new ball when it is swinging, even through he often takes wickets up front he is not consistant

with the emergance of sadijual who i was very impressed with yesterday and who is a better bowler than rasel as he can swing it as rasel can do and at a much faster pace and shadahat who bowled brillalisnt yesterday with a consistant line and length and showed that he has the abilty to bowl tightly at the top and bowl good yorkers and bouncers at the depth.

our operning bowling combination has to be shadahat and sadijual with mash coming on first change as remember when we toured kenya a few years ago he came on fist change and ripped apart the middle order. the middle period is where we have often struggeled to take wickets and mash could win matchs for us hear

so in odi's his role showed be to bat at number 8 and add his big hitting to chase and set scores and he shoed come on first chage after about 10 or 12 overs and consistanlty trouble the middle order batsman which we do struggle to do after often getting early wickets

hmmm... Sajjidul better than Rasel? i sort of disagree since it is only based on one match.

on topic:

i thought it was a brilliant move by Jamie Siddons to rest Mortaza since he had the busiest, tiresome year in his career. i say that because my hunch is that he didn't perform up to his potential due to fatigue, inshallah, we might see a turnaround this time if he is selected to play!

Let's all hope for the best possible outcome :D

Nafi
December 24, 2007, 07:50 AM
to be effective he needs to bowl consistantly at 85mph/138K+, this is why he was so tough against india, cos he was bowling at these speeds, at this speed the bowl deviates a lot on the seam and there is little unnoticiable late swing, which fools the batsman.

Yameen
December 24, 2007, 07:51 AM
yeh too early to compare sajidul with rasel, he is up and coming for sure and was very impressive yesterday and bowls very similar to the new sri lankan guy walegedara.

Ajfar
December 24, 2007, 11:14 AM
that was just one match...i give him full credit for wat he did..but he needs moree timee..

Ishtylish cricketer
December 24, 2007, 01:42 PM
First of all, our match winners are invariably our match costing or losing players as well. Unless you have a solid player in the middle things will always crumble. Past generation players like Akram, Bulbul, Nannu, etc you could count on them to at least hold the middle. Nowadays our middle order is so fragile. If you replace someone like Tushar with Rajin...it's pointless. Hopefully I am wrong about Rajin but he doesn't play any faster and doesn't score much more either in ODIs. But whoever is chosen is doomed to fail. Rajin and Tushar at least always get to bat up. But someone like Kapali never gets the opportunity to bat up. I thought they should have picked Kapali but wouldn't been put in a position to succeed. Kapali consistantly bats at 6 and 7. You can't make big scores batting there. You have to be a sloger at 6,7 or 8. For that reason I am glad that he's not picked. He should bat 3 instead of irresponsible Aftab. Aftab at 6 makes lot more sense than someone like Mushfiqur Rahim.

bdchamp20
December 24, 2007, 02:14 PM
First of all, our match winners are invariably our match costing or losing players as well. Unless you have a solid player in the middle things will always crumble. Past generation players like Akram, Bulbul, Nannu, etc you could count on them to at least hold the middle. Nowadays our middle order is so fragile. If you replace someone like Tushar with Rajin...it's pointless. Hopefully I am wrong about Rajin but he doesn't play any faster and doesn't score much more either in ODIs. But whoever is chosen is doomed to fail. Rajin and Tushar at least always get to bat up. But someone like Kapali never gets the opportunity to bat up. I thought they should have picked Kapali but wouldn't been put in a position to succeed. Kapali consistantly bats at 6 and 7. You can't make big scores batting there. You have to be a sloger at 6,7 or 8. For that reason I am glad that he's not picked. He should bat 3 instead of irresponsible Aftab. Aftab at 6 makes lot more sense than someone like Mushfiqur Rahim.
I completely agree with all your points..Kapali shouldve been picked instead of Saleh and Kapali should come in at no. 4. And I see ppl saying that they want Aftab to come in at no. 3 which makes no sense, he should come in at no. 3 in T20s but in ODIs he should come in at 6/7. realistically the latest our no. 3 will coe in to bat will be after 15 overs and if Aftab comes in at over 15 he will have 35 overs to bat and we all know Aftab is too careless to stick in for 35 overs! Ashraful and Mashrafe are our obvious match-winners but we cannot be completely dependant on them, everyone has to perform either with bat,ball or in the field. Mashrafe is out of form and he desperately needs to regain it because if he is in good form he is as dangerous as any bowler in the world.

Anher
December 24, 2007, 02:17 PM
Comeon Guys I have watched sajid's bowling on Skysprots. Sorry to say haven't seen anything better than Rasel. NZ team was under pressure cos of shahadat bowling hence all the bowlers performed well. And its only a practice match. Too early to say anything.

Real match shuru hoite den.... [বাংলা]পিডা পিডি কারে কয় দেখবেন। [/বাংলা]

hoodlum
December 24, 2007, 03:41 PM
I completely agree with all your points..Kapali shouldve been picked instead of Saleh and Kapali should come in at no. 4. And I see ppl saying that they want Aftab to come in at no. 3 which makes no sense, he should come in at no. 3 in T20s but in ODIs he should come in at 6/7. realistically the latest our no. 3 will coe in to bat will be after 15 overs and if Aftab comes in at over 15 he will have 35 overs to bat and we all know Aftab is too careless to stick in for 35 overs! Ashraful and Mashrafe are our obvious match-winners but we cannot be completely dependant on them, everyone has to perform either with bat,ball or in the field. Mashrafe is out of form and he desperately needs to regain it because if he is in good form he is as dangerous as any bowler in the world.

i cant agree wid u about sending kapali at 1st down...all he can do is knick one to the keeper or to da slip fielders or to get lbw...he also cant handle da short pitched ball properly whereas aftab is more comfortable wid da short pitched ball...

Ishtylish cricketer
December 24, 2007, 04:05 PM
i cant agree wid u about sending kapali at 1st down...all he can do is knick one to the keeper or to da slip fielders or to get lbw...he also cant handle da short pitched ball properly whereas aftab is more comfortable wid da short pitched ball...
GANGULY is uncomfortable against short pitch he bats opening. Aftab doesn't have a cool head whereas Kapali does. Anyways, this arguement is pointless. They didn't pick him. I cheer Bd whoever they send in at 3.

al-Sagar
December 25, 2007, 04:22 AM
i have wathced sajidul play in the naional league two times.

he has more swing and pace than rasel and also when bowling in the national league he also showed good consistency in line.

the plus point in russel is his slow pace alows the WK to come upfront and keep the batsman increase. then russel bowls those shoet deleiveries which is not in driving length and his line does not allow batsman to play across too much.

whereas sajidul bowls a bit more further up in a length to make the batsman drive and induce the edge. so sajidul is more a wicket tacking threat whereas russel tries to contain the batsman and create pressure

well russel already wll established and sajidul needs some more games in the BIG stage too show his credential.

lamisa
December 25, 2007, 04:53 AM
sajid is superb no doubts but i hav my doubts on wedr hez btr dan rasel or not.he needz to convince ppl on dat point throughtout dis series nd also against SA if hez selected.till den cant really say much.