PDA

View Full Version : Bangladesh vs. New Zealand 1st ODI Gameplan

Rommel
December 24, 2007, 10:23 AM
With the 1st ODI of the BD-NZ series looming, it is time to discuss our gameplan. First of all, I have a big question. If we win the toss, should we bat first or bowl first? Usually we would bowl first because we are better at chasing scores than being chased but I heard that the NZ wickets will be batsmen friendly.

Batting:
1. We need a steady start to the innings. If both of our openers can at least score 30 runs each, I will be happy.
2. NO COLLAPSE. Our middle order must contribute.
3. One of our batsmen needs to have a big innings to ease the pressure off of our other batsmen.
4. To be competitive, we must score 250+ runs.

This will be the kind of scorecard I want to see:
1. Tamim-30 runs
2. Junaed-30 runs
3. Aftab- 25 runs
4. Ashraful- 70 runs
5. Shakib- 20 runs
6. Mehrab- 20 runs
7. Mushfiqur- 15 runs
8. Farhad- 25 runs
9. Mash- 20 runs
10. Shahadat- 10 runs
11. Sajidul- 10 runs

Total= 275 runs

Bowling/Fielding:
1. We need perfect fielding. NO dropped catches.
2. Ashraful must rotate his bowlers. I don't want to see the same guy bowling 5 straight overs.
3. When fielding, be aggressive. We will not beat a good team if we just sit back.
4. We need to try to get early wickets to put pressure on the NZ batsmen.

al-Sagar
December 24, 2007, 11:01 AM
we should give hundred 100% at fielding.

in batting we need to build partnerships. if we can build two 50+ partnership at least 1 near or more than 100 beween tha to 5 we can build a good score.

the key is keeping wickects intact whether batting first or second.

sadi
December 24, 2007, 11:10 AM
Gameplan: Maira fatayala

Ajfar
December 24, 2007, 11:11 AM
key is ourr battingg..our openers must give us a gudd startt...n a gud contribution frm the middle orderr..specially aftab n ashraful

Nafi
December 24, 2007, 11:32 AM
This will be the kind of scorecard I want to see:
1. Tamim-30 runs
2. Junaed-30 runs
3. Aftab- 25 runs
4. Ashraful- 70 runs
5. Shakib- 20 runs
6. Mehrab- 20 runs
7. Mushfiqur- 15 runs
8. Farhad- 25 runs
9. Mash- 20 runs
10. Shahadat- 10 runs
11. Sajidul- 10 runs

Total= 275 runs

Mehrab instead of our premium world class left arm spinner, Razzak,

I dont think so mate L-)

Fazal
December 24, 2007, 11:54 AM
Game Plan: Plain and simple

a) If we bat 2nd: Score more run than the target/opponent score

b) If we bat 1st: Restrict opponent score less than our 1st inning score or target score (if DL is used).

If it looks like either of these plans are working, then pray "Allah Megh dey Pani Dey..."

AsifTheManRahman
December 24, 2007, 11:55 AM
Batting first, score 500.

Bowling first, restrict them to 99 or less.

The rest will be taken care of.

One World
December 24, 2007, 11:57 AM
This plan sounds immature or is it still growing? I do not see any Abdur Razzak in the plan.

Anher
December 24, 2007, 12:01 PM
1. If we bat 2nd restrict opponents below 250. Thats our only chance to win. Do we have any win chasing 250+? Chasing 251 mean BD lose.

2. If we bat first score somehow around 250 and pray to almighy for opposition's batting collasp = BD win.

Protic
December 24, 2007, 12:10 PM
LOL give sakib 15 more runs..and make shahadat scoring 0..and sajidul 0..a plan shudnt be getting bowled out..

Rizvi
December 24, 2007, 12:21 PM
LOL plan includes 40 runs in final 2 wickets.......Not a good blueprint!!

zia
December 24, 2007, 12:46 PM
Plan should be no catches to slip areas and behind the wicket. No run outs. Solid opening parthership (75+) and an averge of 25 per batsman afer that. Bowl good and fieled good. No dropped cathes. I bet this is going to work no matter whom you chose in first 11.

Protic
December 24, 2007, 01:26 PM
I just have a feeling..that Bangladesh will beat NZ in the 1st ODI.. This feeling is like the feeling we all had before 17th March 2007 !!!!!!!!!! ;D vs India @ WC!

Protic
December 24, 2007, 01:27 PM
And i also think that its gonna be a BD VS SA kinda match.. (WC)

hoodlum
December 24, 2007, 03:23 PM
why no razzak in ur team ??!!...

Anher
December 24, 2007, 03:41 PM
I just have a feeling..that Bangladesh will beat NZ in the 1st ODI.. This feeling is like the feeling we all had before 17th March 2007 !!!!!!!!!! ;D vs India @ WC!

No feelings of yours will feel until I_Knockout_U open another series starting match thread.

BD-Shardul
December 24, 2007, 04:52 PM
BC te ajkal eto beshi game plan, thread, pore to khelar mathe playerder matha aulaiya jaibo..............hite biporit jake bole (God Forbid) :D

Miraz
December 24, 2007, 04:59 PM

Ditto

One addition..

Bowling er shomoy khaiya fala..

Rifat
December 24, 2007, 05:09 PM
gameplan is quite simple:

make no mistakes!

Omio
December 24, 2007, 05:48 PM
Ditto

One addition..

Bowling er shomoy khaiya fala..
Another addition-
Fielding er somoy khop kore dhore fela.

KnightBD
December 24, 2007, 06:11 PM
We are so pumped up before the game, i guess for T20 win. I am afraid that every time fans have lots of hope, our team lets us down. Hope otherwise this time. :-|
On a different topic, in recent interview, Sidon is very realistic and brings us down to the ground. With our Av batting score of 20s, we can not expect to be world class.

Rifat
December 24, 2007, 06:39 PM
We are so pumped up before the game, i guess for T20 win. I am afraid that every time fans have lots of hope, our team lets us down. Hope otherwise this time. :-|
On a different topic, in recent interview, Sidon is very realistic and brings us down to the ground. With our Av batting score of 20s, we can not expect to be world class.

what's up KnightBD, :D, first your signature says, "watch out, you :bird: are going to get mauled by the tigers"

now, your signature says, "We are not going to be easy prey for New Zealand-Ashraful"... there is a confidence gap between the two statements eh?

Hatebreed
December 24, 2007, 06:45 PM
Batting: Bat out full 50 overs, contribute as a team. Think of it as gonopituni. Everyone wants to contribute.
Bowling: Bowl good line and length, do not give extras. For each extra you give, a kitten dies. Please Tigers, think of the kittens.
Fielding: Do not drop catches. Unleash the instincts of the RBT and go after that ball like it's your prey.

damalChele
December 24, 2007, 07:12 PM
The winning formula of cricket is "Discipline" in fielding, bowling and batting. Who ever beats their opponent in these three areas wins the match. Out gameplan should be just that.

BangladeshFan
December 24, 2007, 09:01 PM
if i was the coach, i would have written daniel vettori's comments about "how Bangladesh will not help Nz to prepare for England" over the door of every Bd players room, so that they see it each time they enter their room. It would flame their egos that the opposing skipper couldnt care less about Bd.

Rifat
December 24, 2007, 09:15 PM
if i was the coach, i would have written daniel vettori's comments about "how Bangladesh will not help Nz to prepare for England" over the door of every Bd players room, so that they see it each time they enter their room. It would flame their egos that the opposing skipper couldnt care less about Bd.

great one ;)!

btw, i love your signature, said by Aristotle

uvaskaves
December 24, 2007, 10:42 PM

These are the strategies coaches in the NFL and NBA use all the time to gain a mental advantage over the opponent. Provides a little bit of extra motivation to the players. It would be great If JS does this to our boys to fire them up.

One a different note, I hope the players talked about and practiced some of the fundamentals after the 20/20. Especially the running between the wicket. In all the practice matches, the commentators criticized this crucial aspect of our game. First of all, there always seems to be a lack of communication between the players in the middle. We should know the basics of when to take a run, what fielders to challenge, who should make the call, when to take the twos and threes, etc. We've got to be aggressive with our running in order to rotate the strike, but at the same time, we also have to be smart and understand the game situation. One commentator suggested, and I definitely agree, we need to learn how to play the ball with soft hands in order to take an easy single during good bowling periods.

Our fielding during the practice matches were excellent, except for a couple of dropped catches and misfields. I was really excited to hear about all the great catches we took in those practise matches (wish I could of seen some of those catches). Going by what the commentators were saying (since we were not able to watch the matches), we seemed to have a lot of energy and support for one another. I hope this enthusiasm and excitement for fielding continues.

We also need to have a plan when batting. Look at the scorecard for the last match between Aus. and NZ. If I remember correctly, only two players scored more than 30 runs for Australia, Pointing and Symmonds. They lost wickets early, but still ended up scoring 280,and made it look easy. Pointing steadied the innings and went on to score a century, and Symmonds supported him with calm and easy looking half century. My point is that the players have to realize that when wickets fall, the next man up has to regroup and try to stay in the middle for a couple of overs, before playing their aggressive style. At least one of the middle order batsmen has to take the responsibility to bat until the end. We should have easily gotten 280 in that 3rd practice match against Auckland.

Finally, I was hoping that someone who saw the 20/20 match could give us some analysis and further insight into our fielding and running between the wickets.

Game On
December 25, 2007, 03:39 AM
There's only one game plan just to go after "Mark Gillespie" at any cost . Once he looses his confidence then he's lost .

Stay positive all the time unless the last ball bowled ;

Jeetan Patel has to be targeted too . Target Mccullam , bowl him outside of the offstump then hope as he will nick one for sure . Get 3 early wickets & then put pressure on .

Game On
December 25, 2007, 04:09 AM
Mehrab instead of our premium world class left arm spinner, Razzak,

I dont think so mate L-)

280 is needed to win against the Kiwis . Jacob Oram is the biggest threat so far .

Tamim & Junaid both need to get 50+ then other batsmen can chip in .

lamisa
December 25, 2007, 04:12 AM

LOL,datz da spirit dat da bd pplayers shud hav:D

Miraz
December 25, 2007, 04:14 AM
Welcome lamisa to BanglaCricket, enjoy your stay!!

You may introduce yourself to the forum members in the following thread

Introduce Yourself (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/showthread.php?t=6983) (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/images/BanglaCricket/misc/multipage.gif <!-- BEGIN TEMPLATE: threadbit_pagelink --> 1 (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/showthread.php?t=6983) <!-- END TEMPLATE: threadbit_pagelink --> <!-- BEGIN TEMPLATE: threadbit_pagelink --> 2 (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/showthread.php?t=6983&page=2) <!-- END TEMPLATE: threadbit_pagelink --> <!-- BEGIN TEMPLATE: threadbit_pagelink --> 3 (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/showthread.php?t=6983&page=3) <!-- END TEMPLATE: threadbit_pagelink --> ... Last Page (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/showthread.php?t=6983&page=11))

Game On
December 25, 2007, 04:16 AM
Be patient & take the singles to rotate the strike .

raz12ka4
December 25, 2007, 04:30 AM
I think if we can just be vey competetive in the one day series and don't get thrashed then that would be a big improvement. This will show that the boys are not there for a nice holiday and that they mean business. It will also that they can adapt to conditions too.

I can't see them winning a match reallisticly but if we compete and show those arrogant NZ guys that when you come to our home soil next time it won't be a walk in the park like before...those days are truely and really over.

lamisa
December 25, 2007, 05:19 AM
Welcome lamisa to BanglaCricket, enjoy your stay!!

You may introduce yourself to the forum members in the following thread

Introduce Yourself (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/showthread.php?t=6983) (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/images/BanglaCricket/misc/multipage.gif <!-- BEGIN TEMPLATE: threadbit_pagelink --> 1 (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/showthread.php?t=6983) <!-- END TEMPLATE: threadbit_pagelink --> <!-- BEGIN TEMPLATE: threadbit_pagelink --> 2 (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/showthread.php?t=6983&page=2) <!-- END TEMPLATE: threadbit_pagelink --> <!-- BEGIN TEMPLATE: threadbit_pagelink --> 3 (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/showthread.php?t=6983&page=3) <!-- END TEMPLATE: threadbit_pagelink --> ... Last Page (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/showthread.php?t=6983&page=11))

thanx miraz bhai.gt it ryt finally.yup i m definitely enjoyn myself here as i did even b4 i registered.:saint:

jaijaidin
December 25, 2007, 01:24 PM
anyone knows any live link for watch this 1st ODI..?

BangladeshFan
December 25, 2007, 05:35 PM
great one ;)!

btw, i love your signature, said by Aristotle

thanks;). i am hoping that people like ash or aftab can see my signature oneday :smug:

Shobha
December 26, 2007, 04:31 PM
Another addition-
Fielding er somoy khop kore dhore fela.

Overall
series win kore shalader mathar shob chul sire fela:hairpull:

zainab
December 27, 2007, 01:21 PM
1. If we bat 2nd restrict opponents below 250. Thats our only chance to win. Do we have any win chasing 250+? Chasing 251 mean BD lose.

2. If we bat first score somehow around 250 and pray to almighy for opposition's batting collasp = BD win.
Bangladesh chased 250 against australia and won.