PDA

View Full Version : Will Smith "Hitler" controversy...

al Furqaan
December 25, 2007, 01:45 PM
http://www.cnn.com/2007/SHOWBIZ/Movies/12/25/people.willsmith.ap/index.html

this is pretty darn ridiculous. that a black man would have re-elucidate his comments about a racist.

the illogical allergies people have just boggles the mind.

Tehsin
December 25, 2007, 03:27 PM
What's new ? Sensible folks are always (or at least 'should be') wary of the media. Some will twist things around to meet their own agenda, sell their (or the governments) propaganda, to sell papers/magazines. If it was a white guy, imagine how hard it would have been for him to explain himself EVEN if he didn't mean anything by it ?

It's like someone coming out and saying (actually, this older white lady who hates the fact that she can't spend christmas with her daughter because the daughter is in IRAQ) - How would you feel if some outsider came to your country uninvited ? They were dealing with one crazy (errr evil) man, now their lives are ruined because the infrustructure are destoyed and there is no security, can you imagine living a life like that?

While she is taking the common sense approach, it won't take much for the media to say that she is against the war and she thinks our soldiers are invaders. ;)

tonoy
December 25, 2007, 03:28 PM
ok this is a good place to put up my news. Did you know that Jamie Lynn Spears is pregnant? Gasp.

Tehsin
December 25, 2007, 03:36 PM
Let's not forget the 'hurt' some people feel when they hear Christmas music or get greeted by Strangers proclaiming Merry Christmas ? As you said "the illogical allergies people have just boggles the mind."

I always reply with Merry Christmas because it's one human being wishing another human being a great holiday. No need to get your pan...s ... in a knot.

Tehsin
December 25, 2007, 03:44 PM
Tonoy, heart breaking news really. The boy iss 19 I believe. I don't know about him (sorry, the headline and the AM talk shows are my only source of news) but I 'believe' that the Spears family are Baptists (Same as Huckabee) and this must be devastating for them. Why do bad things always happen to good, God fearing people ? I hear Nickelodean is planning to have some special around her pregnancy and I can't wait to continue to ignore these shows. :)

Also, I remember catching a little clip where Birtney endorsed our President. I think this was during the time where the Dixie chicks were villified for making comments about a president that most folks (even conservative radio talk shows) nowadays love to hate. The hate B bandwagon is back in style. I wonder when those folks will go up to Dixie Chicks and apologize for calling them every name in Gods earth.

(eh, enough politics for one day)

tonoy
December 25, 2007, 04:20 PM
Teshin you the man! Had a great laugh reading your posts. And yes God bless America and her celebreties.

Ganguly da
December 25, 2007, 05:19 PM
guess where they met each other? i mean jamie and her bf? in church!

DJ Sahastra
December 25, 2007, 07:46 PM
In US, in rural and semi-urban conservative setup, Church is a common-place for traditional match-making or partner-hunting.

Holy-bonding initiated from a holy-place - what more do you want :) ?

Pregnant at 16 - going by most girls being sexually active since 14 (some even 12) - should be no surprise. One would've expected some more common-sense from Jamie, that's all.

Actually, i kind-of used to like her in Zoey-101. So a bit disappointed that's all.

There is not much to the Will-Smith thing. Lot of smoke, that's all. Media should have better issues to focus at.