PDA

View Full Version : BD-NZ 1st ODI notes

al Furqaan
December 25, 2007, 09:39 PM
watched the match sparingly here and there...unfortunately missed ash's innings because i didn't check to see if willow works on IE (it does, btw).

well its halftime now, with NZ needint 202 to win @ 4.04 rpo.

notes:

JS - forgiven as he is the debutant, but his dismissal was not pardonable
TI - didnt watch most of it, but seemed he was in control most of the time
AA - WTF sums it up nicely, had better score 100 aggregate runs in next 2 ODIs
MA - dumbest start to an overall solid-yet-too-short innings
SH - haven't lost faith in him
MR - the boy has skills, and yes express bowlers will get him, but he's only 18
MH - not sure if he is ODI material, a few more chances are in order tho
FR - poor play, but given the circumstances i'll look past his turtle paced innings
MM - should have stayed unbeaten to see us thru 50 overs
AR - did better than u could have asked
SH - he's no batsman

this is perhaps the most disappointing performance for us in a while. but given the fact that disappointments usually mean we get shot out for 130, i'd say this is proof positive of our slow, but definitely-existant improvement.

the blame for this fiasco can be put 50 % on aftab's stupidty, 40 % on sakib and mushy's failures, and 10 % on ash's inability to score a ton.

Sohel
December 25, 2007, 09:46 PM
8.6 Mills to Junaid Siddique, OUT, Persistence pays. Mills kept plugging away on the middle and off line. This time pitches on the fuller length on the middle stump. Junaid lifts it high up in the air as Gillespie comes running across from mid on and takes the catch comfortably

Junaid Siddique c Gillespie b Mills 13 (33b 1x4 0x6) SR: 39.39
Bangladesh 27/1 Tamim Iqbal 14* (21b 1x4) KD Mills 5-1-14-1

11.5 Gillespie to Aftab Ahmed, OUT, fuller on the off stump, Aftab moves across and lifts high in the air as he does not get enough timing and ends up holing out to mid wicket where Fulton takes an easy catch

Aftab Ahmed c Fulton b Gillespie 8 (11b 2x4 0x6) SR: 72.72
Bangladesh 39/2 Tamim Iqbal 18* (27b 2x4) MR Gillespie 0.5-0-4-1

26.6 Oram to Tamim Iqbal, OUT, outside off and Tamim goes for the jugular as he lofts it up in the air as Gillespie gets under it at deep backward point and takes it comfortably

Tamim Iqbal c Gillespie b Oram 50 (66b 4x4 2x6) SR: 75.75
Bangladesh 136/3 Mohammad Ashraful 62* (52b 8x4 1x6) JDP Oram 4-0-26-1

28.6 Oram to Mohammad Ashraful, OUT, outside off and short in length. Ashraful throws it all away once again as he pulls to deep mid wicket where Fulton takes the offering. Ashraful played a special innings here today and lucky are those who watched it

Mohammad Ashraful c Fulton b Oram 70 (57b 10x4 1x6) SR: 122.80
Bangladesh 150/4 Shakib Al Hasan 6* (7b 1x4) JDP Oram 5-0-31-2

29.3 Gillespie to Shakib Al Hasan, OUT, fuller on the off stump, Shakib goes for the drive and misses and is bowled lock stock and barrel

Shakib Al Hasan b Gillespie 6 (9b 1x4 0x6) SR: 66.66
Bangladesh 151/5 Mehrab Hossain jnr 1* (1b) MR Gillespie 2.3-0-19-2

29.6 Gillespie to Mushfiqur Rahim, OUT, outside off and swinging away, gets a feather edge to McCullum as we are being witness to another of the familiar Bangladesh collapses

Mushfiqur Rahim c McCullum b Gillespie 0 (3b 0x4 0x6) SR: 0.00
Bangladesh 151/6 Mehrab Hossain jnr 1* (1b) MR Gillespie 3-0-19-3

32.2 Oram to Mehrab Hossain jnr, OUT, short on the off stump, Mehrab steps down the track and decides to leave the ball. The ball flies off the outside edge to backward point where How grabs the offering. I can't imagine what Mehrab was thinking. Excellent stuff from Oram who's now taken three

Mehrab Hossain jnr c How b Oram 3 (13b 0x4 0x6) SR: 23.07
Bangladesh 154/7 Farhad Reza 0* (2b) JDP Oram 6.2-0-33-3

40.3 Mills to Farhad Reza, OUT, Reza trying the late cut too often, perishes in the attempt also as Styris at wide first slip takes the catch easily. Sad that Bangladesh have thrown away a good start

Farhad Reza c Styris b Mills 4 (30b 0x4 0x6) SR: 13.33
Bangladesh 170/8 Mashrafe Mortaza 11* (22b 1x4) KD Mills 7.3-1-30-2

42.4 Mills to Mashrafe Mortaza, OUT, full toss on the middle stump. Mashrafe moves back and helps it on it's way to Oram at long off who takes a simple catch

Mashrafe Mortaza c Oram b Mills 17 (30b 2x4 0x6) SR: 56.66
Bangladesh 177/9 Abdur Razzak 1* (5b) KD Mills 8.4-2-34-3

46.3 Oram to Abdur Razzak, OUT, on the off stump, guides to point and sets off for a single as How who comes in from backward point throws the stumps down and finds Shahadat short of his crease

Shahadat Hossain run out 3 (9b 0x4 0x6) SR: 33.33

LINK (http://content-ind.cricinfo.com/nzvbdesh/engine/current/match/300426.html)

What's new about this picture? Who's the Kapali this time?

al Furqaan
December 25, 2007, 09:50 PM

this time the kapali is undoubtedly aftab.

Beamer
December 25, 2007, 09:53 PM
I missed the Ash-Tamim Innings as well, courtesy PA state trooper, and was definitely speeding back home from Philly to catch it. Logged in at 160-7. Pathetic to say the least considering the position we were just a few overs before. Well, its always like this. what if? what not..

We don't have a true no.5 or no.6. We remain top heavy. If two out of top four gives you solid total like they did today, its unpardonable that the rest can't finish the game.

I have no idea why we at BC are so infatuated with Sakib. Maybe the disillusioned see a better Rana in him. That said, he is NOT a no.5. You can get away with him at no.4, but not at no.5. Today was the perfect scenario for the no.5-6 to grab the game by his throat and post a total beyond 270. I see no remedy but to sacrifice Aftab at no.3 and drop him down to 6.

Saw Mashrafee batting, if you call it 'batting'. He looks scared facing fast bowlers. He has been doing that consistently for years now. Backing away from fast bowlers. Only an idiot captain would feed him spinners to slog some sixers.

Ash remains the only batsman in the team.

Sohel
December 25, 2007, 09:54 PM

From the SR it could be the Big Z, from the lower order conservatism, Farhad though Mehrab may surprise us both. I agee with you BTW.

al Furqaan
December 25, 2007, 10:00 PM
I missed the Ash-Tamim Innings as well, courtesy PA state trooper, and was definitely speeding back home from Philly to catch it. Logged in at 160-7. Pathetic to say the least considering the position we were just a few overs before. Well, its always like this. what if? what not..

We don't have a true no.5 or no.6. We remain top heavy. If two out of top four gives you solid total like they did today, its unpardonable that the rest can't finish the game.

I have no idea why we at BC are so infatuated with Sakib. Maybe the disillusioned see a better Rana in him. That said, he is NOT a no.5. You can get away with him at no.4, but not at no.5. Today was the perfect scenario for the no.5-6 to grab the game by his throat and post a total beyond 270. I see no remedy but to sacrifice Aftab at no.3 and drop him down to 6.

Saw Mashrafee batting, if you call it 'batting'. He looks scared facing fast bowlers. He has been doing that consistently for years now. Backing away from fast bowlers. Only an idiot captain would feed him spinners to slog some sixers.

i think the management should make aftab the VC. the pressure and responsibility of captaincy seems to do the trick for ash, lets work on the other "diamond in the rough". besides, VC job ain't to demanding so little chance of ruining his career.

we have historically been poor starters in series. the first match has generally always been the ugliest. lets hope for more vast overnight improvements.

Sohel
December 25, 2007, 10:00 PM

BEYOND bummer bro. Ash's was somethinmg to see.

If truer words were spoken, I'd like to know when ...

al Furqaan
December 25, 2007, 10:02 PM
From the SR it could be the Big Z, from the lower order conservatism, Farhad, but I agee with you.

i disagree. that SR was fine for an opener at that point in the game. TI's SR was 68 at that time, then dropped down to a javed like 52, before he ended on 75. so there is always time for an opener to work on his SR. especially if the other opener is fluent (as was the case today).

Sohel
December 25, 2007, 10:03 PM
i disagree. that SR was fine for an opener at that point in the game. TI's SR was 68 at that time, then dropped down to a javed like 52, before he ended on 75. so there is always time for an opener to work on his SR. especially if the other opener is fluent (as was the case today).

Aha brother Asad, we're talking malicious scapgoatism here, not reason ... :)

MohammedC
December 25, 2007, 10:42 PM

Aftab- does not know how to pace an innings. He should remeber he is in the team as Batsmen.

Mushfiq- He lift his bat too high. By the time he brings it down,bat wont be at his desired place. Because as you are bringing the bat down you are hitting the air and the bat will move side ways by very small margin. Even milimeter can get you out in international cricket

Mehrab Jnr- He is not international standard.Well I have not seen anything special from him. Bring in SN or Bashar. I can assure they will get more run them him

Sakib- Really dont know why he is not scoring

mbssr
December 25, 2007, 10:44 PM
No one should comment after only one match, but seriously what is he, an ODI batsman? how many times he has been out within 5 balls?

seriously, I am fade up of Mushfiqur rahim, just because he is young you can not carry a hole in the batting line up. Khaled masud is poor, but still better option. At least he proved in the field in NCL. Or pick up new keeper, Diman Ghosh for example.

Eshen
December 25, 2007, 10:53 PM
I am frustrated to see both Ash and Aftab keep getting out playing too many aerial shots. Both of them need to develop some self restrain in this aspect.

Eshen
December 25, 2007, 11:01 PM

His skills are not in question, his reflex is. His poor reflex fails him both as a batsman and as a keeper. Don't know how he can develop his reflex as a keeper, but, as a batsman, he needs to practice a lot against a bowling machine for next couple of months.

oporajeyo_bangla
December 25, 2007, 11:20 PM
hopefully our boys can learn from their mistakes and improve in the remaining two games. Our U-19 team came from behind to win two series recently. So it would be great if the senior team could emulate their juniors.

I think Big Z has a big score coming soon. He might have been a little nervous today because of his debut.

Tamim played well but needs to have more patience once he crosses 50. It seems that's the landmark he aims for and once he gets it, he let's loose.

Aftab needs to realize how much the team depends on him. Considering the inexperience of our openers, we need a mature and responsible #3, not someone that will make a quickfire 10-20 runs.

Ash was brilliant today, but like so many times, he just threw it away. I would also say he had luck on his side today. He could have easily gotten out playing the aerial shots he played once he got to the crease.

Shakib is just going through a lean patch. He needs to find his form quick!

I can't remember when Mushfiq last played a substantial innings. It was probably against India in the WC. All of the top teams have excellent wicketkeeper batsmen, but we're obviously lagging in this department.

Like many others on this board, I'm also not sure about Mehrab Hossain. Would a fit Tushar be a better option?

Reza was a little slow today, but considering the circumstances, it was okay to play defensively. I just wish he had taken more singles.

I expected more from Mashrafe. But it was Razzak that provided what I expected from Mash.

Kudos to Shahadat for hanging in with Razzak the way he did!

Dhakablues
December 26, 2007, 01:25 AM
Best performers: Asharaful, Tamim, Razzaque, Shahadat,
Worst perfomers: Aftab, Mehrab, Mashrafee, Mushfique
Nothing to comment: Junaed, Farhad, Sakib

What to do: Swap Mehrab with Nazmul/Rajin/Tusher for 2nd ODI. Send Mushfique home after the ODI and bring Pilot back. Warn Aftab that he will be demoted to 20/20 only if he is to continue to play his boom boom role.

WarWolf
December 26, 2007, 01:28 AM
Ashraful and Tamim should be punished; severely punished. After doing all the hard works and building a solid foundation these two simply threw their wickets. This is totally unforgivable.

Dhakablues
December 26, 2007, 01:30 AM
watched the match sparingly here and there...unfortunately missed ash's innings because i didn't check to see if willow works on IE (it does, btw).

well its halftime now, with NZ needint 202 to win @ 4.04 rpo.

notes:

JS - forgiven as he is the debutant, but his dismissal was not pardonable
TI - didnt watch most of it, but seemed he was in control most of the time
AA - WTF sums it up nicely, had better score 100 aggregate runs in next 2 ODIs
MA - dumbest start to an overall solid-yet-too-short innings
SH - haven't lost faith in him
MH - not sure if he is ODI material, a few more chances are in order tho
FR - poor play, but given the circumstances i'll look past his turtle paced innings
MM - should have stayed unbeaten to see us thru 50 overs
AR - did better than u could have asked
SH - he's no batsman

this is perhaps the most disappointing performance for us in a while. but given the fact that disappointments usually mean we get shot out for 130, i'd say this is proof positive of our slow, but definitely-existant improvement.

the blame for this fiasco can be put 50 % on aftab's stupidty, 40 % on sakib and mushy's failures, and 10 % on ash's inability to score a ton.

I think Shahadat is now a much improved batsman. He has better defence than Mashrafee to least. Razzaque is a better batsman than we think of him. He scored fluently with different shots and partnered in the 3rd highest partnership I think. I dont know what you see in Mushfique.. he is definitely not in-form and has not scored any big runs ( not even in the NCL),, didnt demonstrate much agiility in keeping either. I seriously doubt his value in the team other than cute factor for teeny boppers. Yes, the next ODI he can score a big score and some can ask for my throat but I think until he does such heroics, he needs to be given a lower order to prove that he is better than Razzaque. Time to rethink Mushfique's "automatic" choice. Dhiman/Jahirul are much better keeper and consistent batters, though Pilot is not done yet..

PoorFan
December 26, 2007, 01:31 AM
Nothing will change, as long as their first priority IS NOT to build a 30+ partnership first. What else could be a better strategy after scoring 136 for 27 overs with 5+ run rate, and staying 62+ not out? Look at the situation between Tamim & Ash out! within only two overs they scored 14 runs playing too many shots even after having run rate 5+. If Ash had concentrated on building partnership instead of frequent shots, there could be a different picture of the game. Moreover If Ash simply stayed there on the pitch ... given his partner going down ... still obvious pressure was on NZ NOT BD.

26.6 Oram to Tamim Iqbal, OUT, outside off and Tamim goes for the jugular as he lofts it up in the air as Gillespie gets under it at deep backward point and takes it comfortably

Tamim Iqbal c Gillespie b Oram 50 (66b 4x4 2x6) SR: 75.75
Bangladesh 136/3 Mohammad Ashraful 62* (52b 8x4 1x6) JDP Oram 4-0-26-1

28.6 Oram to Mohammad Ashraful, OUT, outside off and short in length. Ashraful throws it all away once again as he pulls to deep mid wicket where Fulton takes the offering. Ashraful played a special innings here today and lucky are those who watched it

Mohammad Ashraful c Fulton b Oram 70 (57b 10x4 1x6) SR: 122.80
Bangladesh 150/4 Shakib Al Hasan 6* (7b 1x4) JDP Oram 5-0-31-2

<!--StartFragment -->Did that aggressive partnership between Ash & Sakib brought us anything? Isn't it obvious to become defensive after a wicket fall ( Tamim's out ) at that moment? This is where we consistently failing to realize, rather its seems like Ash, Aftab never play for team but for being heroic, the attitude is as if the team win in the process ... its excellent but if not ... so what? As if ... we did try! or did our job!! what about the rest if you think otherwise?

I am so disappointed to see we are losing so many games this way, losing the game is not the problem ... but right approach at right moment is the problem. I wouldn't be disappointed if Ash took some time to build up the partnership between Sakib, even if had failed, but even being the captain he didn't tried as it seems, <!--StartFragment -->or didn't calculated potential outcome of losing another quick wicket ... is really disappointing.

PoorFan
December 26, 2007, 01:37 AM
I dont know what you see in Mushfique.. he is definitely not in-form and has not scored any big runs ( not even in the NCL),, didnt demonstrate much agiility in keeping either. I seriously doubt his value in the team other than cute factor for teeny boppers. Yes, the next ODI he can score a big score and some can ask for my throat but I think until he does such heroics, he needs to be given a lower order to prove that he is better than Razzaque. Time to rethink Mushfique's "automatic" choice. Dhiman/Jahirul are much better keeper and consistent batters, though Pilot is not done yet..<!--StartFragment -->

We don't have much choice but to play him rest of ODIs, let see how he carry on. Yes in next series we may have to think wk position once again.

Gowza
December 26, 2007, 01:41 AM
Nothing will change, as long as their first priority IS NOT to build a 30+ partnership first. What else could be a better strategy after scoring 136 for 27 overs with 5+ run rate, and staying 62+ not out? Look at the situation between Tamim & Ash out! within only two overs they scored 14 runs playing too many shots even after having run rate 5+. If Ash had concentrated on building partnership instead of frequent shots, there could be a different picture of the game. Moreover If Ash simply stayed there on the pitch ... given his partner going down ... still obvious pressure was on NZ NOT BD.

<!--StartFragment -->Did that aggressive partnership between Ash & Sakib brought us anything? Isn't it obvious to become defensive after a wicket fall ( Tamim's out ) at that moment? This is where we consistently failing to realize, rather its seems like Ash, Aftab never play for team but for being heroic, the attitude is as if the team win in the process ... its excellent but if not ... so what? As if ... we did try! or did our job!! what about the rest if you think otherwise?

I am so disappointed to see we are losing so many games this way, losing the game is not the problem ... but right approach at right moment is the problem. I wouldn't be disappointed if Ash took some time to build up the partnership between Sakib, even if had failed, but even being the captain he didn't tried as it seems, <!--StartFragment -->or didn't calculated potential outcome of losing another quick wicket ... is really disappointing.

a really nice post, i guess players like ashraful and aftab just don't realise how many more matches they would win if they played sensibly when they need to play sensibly and play with the right aggression at the right time. when tamim got out ashraful should have just rotated the strike for a few overs and been happy with a boundary ever other over instead of 2 or 3 each over. people are blaming tamim and aftab and the middle and lower order for the batting collapse but ashraful also had a major part in the collapse.

as for mushy being the one-day keeper, he bats too slow most of the time and therefore really needs to bat up the order to be effective as a batsman, but the problem with that is that at this point he's just not good enough to be up there. atm he's not offering much with the bat and there are better options with the gloves, i'd say tryout dhiman in one-dayers.

Eshen
December 26, 2007, 01:41 AM
I want to see Sajidul opening the bowling with Shahadat in the next match. Mash lost his mojo, he should come as a first change bowler. Mehrab should be benched to make place for Sajid.

Dhakablues
December 26, 2007, 01:45 AM
For ODIs,, yes, Mushfique will continue but I think he needs to bring himself down the order is what I suggest. We just dont want to pressurize him to score when he is clearly is not in form. We tried that with Shahrier during the World Cup matches and it didnt work. It never works. We have to let the player figure out the issues and bring them back when the confidence is there. Mushfique himself admitted that he lacks concentrantion due to his family reason ( father being arrested by Joint force). Mushfique was included in the ODI for his batting ability over Pilot. With this type of batting,,, I am not sure whether he is even matching Pilot's occassional double digit scores..

Gowza
December 26, 2007, 01:47 AM
I want to see Sajidul opening the bowling with Shahadat in the next match. Mash lost his mojo, he should come as a first change bowler. Mehrab should be benched to make place for Sajid.

agree, being that the bowlers have been struggling to get wickets recently BD really does need the extra specialist bowler.

Gowza
December 26, 2007, 01:49 AM
For ODIs,, yes, Mushfique will continue but I think he needs to bring himself down the order is what I suggest. We just dont want to pressurize him to score when he is clearly is not in form. We tried that with Shahrier during the World Cup matches and it didnt work. It never works. We have to let the player figure out the issues and bring them back when the confidence is there. Mushfique himself admitted that he lacks concentrantion due to his family reason ( father being arrested by Joint force). Mushfique was included in the ODI for his batting ability over Pilot. With this type of batting,,, I am not sure whether he is even matching Pilot's occassional double digit scores..

yep, he's meant to be in there for his batting ability, the problem i have with that is that atm BD have other keepers who are batting better than mushy in one-dayers atm.

PoorFan
December 26, 2007, 01:59 AM
Oh nooo ... didnt know anything about it! And I agree with you ( rest of your post ).

wiseshah
December 26, 2007, 02:01 AM
i think mashrafe should be rested for the next match and shahadat should partner up with sajidul. mehrab is not bowling, so we should get Tushar(if fit) or rajin/javed in his shoes. aftab should be given some warning of performing.

PoorFan
December 26, 2007, 02:06 AM
Personally I like to give atleast one more chance to Mehrab, perhaps Sajid may replace Mash if needed. Mash is not doing good both bowling and batting these days.

DJ Sahastra
December 26, 2007, 02:34 AM
Agressive partnership or batting is not the problem. Lack of Plan B (or lack of players to implement plan B) is.

Ash, Tamim are batting just fine and the way they should. That's the only way BD is gonna win matches.

What is lacking is the players to fall back on if they lose their wickets.

mshakir56
December 26, 2007, 02:44 AM
Thats it, I am totally disgusted with Aftab. When was the last time he scored a half Century. I don't quite remember. He should be demoted to 20/20, period. And Sakib Needs to stop batting like a chicken and start acting like a man.

nobody
December 26, 2007, 03:08 AM
201 is still better than 140 allout. How about the performance of the bowlers? Chase completed by 43rd over. What is mash doing now. He looks like a headless chicken

uvaskaves
December 26, 2007, 03:16 AM
First match of the series, and you guys are already calling for so many changes. Rest Mash, replace Mehrab, get a new wicket keeper. Why don't we get a new coach while we're at it.

Instead of looking at all the negatives, why don't we look at some of the positives that came out of this match.

1) We didn't lose a wicket till 9th over. A slow but calm start by both our openers. Not too many wild swings outside the off stump. No edges to the keeper or slips. I think we saw some of our new coach's influence already. We needed to rotate the strike a little bit more, but that will come with more practice sessions with the new coach.

2) Tamim's continued improvement. He seems to have regained some form and confidence. Hopefully he can give us a couple of more good starts in the next two matches.

3) Ashraful's Form. Criticize him all you want for the way he got out, but you have to admire the guys confidence and uncanny ability to make it look so easy. For a while, it seemed like there was no way they were gonna get him out today. I just wish he could have stayed during their last power play and gotten us another 50 runs. Although he has a lot of experience, he is still a young guy, and according to a cricket guru in this forum, most players don't reach their peak until the age of 27. So give him some time, I'm sure it'll all be worth it.

4) Although we didn't get early wickets, the bowling was very good and tight in the beginning. It would have been fun to see them chase a score of 270 or 280.

Spitfire_x86
December 26, 2007, 04:23 AM
Agressive partnership or batting is not the problem. Lack of Plan B (or lack of players to implement plan B) is.

Ash, Tamim are batting just fine and the way they should. That's the only way BD is gonna win matches.

What is lacking is the players to fall back on if they lose their wickets.
Perfectly put :up:

BD-Shardul
December 26, 2007, 05:17 AM
We always take an additional batsman considering that our batting order is fragile. But what's the point? Everytime, only two or three batsmen scores while others fail.

nahaz
December 26, 2007, 05:19 AM
<b>I seriously don't think Aftab deserves a place in the team </b>since he never thinks about making partnerships...I say give him a chance in one or two more ODIs and provided he doesn't make a 40+ score , send him to exile for a few months at least...

<b>Ash did a great job.Congrats!</b>. Only idiocy is he should have looked to consolidate for a while after Tamim got out. Big mistake Mr Captain.He needs to stay out there for a good no. of overs to make a good impact.

<b>Mehrab needs to be replaced and Sajidul needs to come in next match.</b> Mashrafee has lost his touch. Do whatever needed to bring his hunger back for the game..drop him if that works.

<b>Pilot</b> should come back for tests.Mushy still has years to improve..good luck to him.

<b>Rajin could come in place of Aftab </b>. I trust him to steady the ship more often than not.

Omio
December 26, 2007, 05:38 AM
Why Mash always keep moving away of the stump now a days while batting, I saw it frm T20 wc. Our couch should work on it.

zainab
December 26, 2007, 06:53 AM
I hope the coach works very quickly to correct these shortcomings in the team. I thought that Mash regained a bit of form and courage in the NCL. Maybe he should just play domestic cricket for a while until he figures out himself. Also Aftab should be really scolded for what he is doing.He is a good batsman, but if not performing, should only play First class cricket. I think many of these lads do not have enough first class experience and then pushed into the national team too quickly.

taklima_naj
December 26, 2007, 07:16 AM

Totally agree, if they could understand that!

mhn
December 26, 2007, 07:40 AM
i watched almost the whole match ..just missed last 10 overs of bangldesh innings and 1st 2 over of the nz innings..i had high hopes about this match and just for this reason,though i went to sleep at 2.30 am(bdt) but woke up at 5 am...but it was a depressing yet an exciting match...it was exciting in the sense dat when runs were coming it was thick and fast...and when wicket's were falling it seemed like a"tasher ghor"..if u have missed the ashraful's innings thn u have missed the biggest gift of this eid and christmas..in a word it was awesome but just when bd was targeting for a 300, he threw it away.so did tamim...if ash had waited for only 2/3 overs the whole scenario of da match could have been changed..the 3rd power play was still to be taken..and vettori had to take it within 30/31 overs..newayz in every bd match there is ifs and buts...u just cant leave these ifs and buts..

JS-he is the debutant and has been playing well so he can be forgiven for that shot.
Tamim-showed some patience today..good to see it..though threw it away just when everything was going in bd's favour..but that's tamim for u...
Aftab-ready,get,set,gooooooooooooooo.............nd out...
Ashraful-it's good to see him geting some runs..in last few matches he comes in the crease , hit a few fours and gets out.so it's nice to see him carrying it on..but still should have scored a hundred.
SH-i really dont think he is a good batsman..he can be used as a bowling allrounder not as a batting all-rounder..and no-5 definitely not his place..but bowled pretty well.
MJ-i had high hopes about him..but he really let me down..well give a few more chance to him let's see what he does.......
MR-how could a solid batsman like mushi played dat delivery...it really surprised me.
FR-donno about him..i have never seen him batting well..may be dat's my curse..whenever i miss any of his innings he plays well...next time when he will come in the field i would prefer not to watch the tv...
Mashrafee-now..he needs some serious coaching..i donno wat happened to him.. he has completely forgotten how to bat.
razzaq-nice to see a tailender getting a few runs.
shahadat hossain-forget him yaar..whatever he makes dat's a bonus..

..i thought bangladesh should have played better than wat they did..after getting such a start..nevertheless they didnt get bowled for less than 200..so it's a good sign.:)

BD-Shardul
December 26, 2007, 08:18 AM
Another note: We lost the match despite the Eid. Bad Sign. :(:(:(

taklima_naj
December 26, 2007, 09:39 AM
Another note: We lost the match despite the Eid. Bad Sign. :(:(:(

To me that was really worring as well.

lamisa
December 26, 2007, 09:54 AM
No one should comment after only one match, but seriously what is he, an ODI batsman? how many times he has been out within 5 balls?

seriously, I am fade up of Mushfiqur rahim, just because he is young you can not carry a hole in the batting line up. Khaled masud is poor, but still better option. At least he proved in the field in NCL. Or pick up new keeper, Diman Ghosh for example.

come on guyz,giv him a brk!hez still a kid nd hez also undr some pressure family wise i hrd.

Nafi
December 26, 2007, 01:33 PM
hez also undr some pressure family wise i hrd.

Im tired of this excuse, he's a proffessional if family matters effect his performance than he is very weak character mentally.

There is no excuse for his pathetic batting, he should shape up or just get the boot, because its just sad seeing him getting duck after duck

http://www.saynotocrack.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/04/duck.gif

Tigers_eye
December 26, 2007, 01:36 PM
soft dismissals. "takes the catch comfortably", "easy dismissals", "easy catch", "takes it comfortably", "what was he thinking"; This is what has happened. This is what is happening no matter who is in the lineup. What is the worth of wicket to our Batsmen?

Talent wise we are equal if not better than the NZ team. Experience wise we are still lagging. Tempartment wise we are no way near.

al Furqaan
December 26, 2007, 01:45 PM
well said mijan bhai.

of course, i'm still hopeful. this was the FIRST real cricket match we've played at int'l level in nearly half a year. forget t20s.

and we usually always see some stupidities in our series openers. hopefully, the boys will learn for the remainder of the tour.

zainab
December 26, 2007, 02:02 PM
I would say that the 20/20 was international. They did not do too badly, their batting let them down as usual. I dont know if they can learn how to rotate innings, how to take singles, stay at the crease, hit the bad balls, leave the good ones alone, try to tire and frustrate the bowlers in bowling loose balls. I think Ash has to lead by example.
Seems that their bowling was more effective in the 20/20 match, they should have taken more wickets in this match, so bowling was indifferent. How can they win? They do not have the right combinations. I dread to think what will happen in the test matches.
One can see that Rasel is sadly missed now.

Hatebreed
December 26, 2007, 02:24 PM
It was a disappointing performance. Our middle-order flopped. What more is there to say? I've said it time and time again the players must contribute as a team, it's the only way we can pose a challenge to a stronger opponent. We need to be more prepared to bat first. Without a good score on the board there is only so much the bowlers can do on a good batting pitch.

Murad
December 26, 2007, 02:27 PM
Our middle order struggles when our top order perform well. When our top order fail, then our middle order perform well. I don't know when will we get out of this trend.

I think team management should take some action against the players. They should punish players if they can't score runs.

BD-Shardul
December 26, 2007, 04:12 PM
Introduce performance based salary system for Tigers. Everyone will then perform- Mash, Aftab, Shakib

Shobha
December 26, 2007, 04:18 PM
what surprised me the most was that if you looked at ash's face when he got out he looked like he would hit the first person he sees around the head with his bat.
What does he expect after that madness that (which he calls a shot)?