PDA

View Full Version : i feel depressed after today's loss

Rifat
December 26, 2007, 02:14 AM
this is not about me(maybe it is), but i had justified high expectations of this series.

Why?? Why are we always the ones receiving the worst of the worst? why do we get so complacent? this loss was quite depressing for me... everything looked allright, why can't we do things right for once? i thought we entered a new era in cricket with high talent. why did middle order just gifted wickets? is it a crime watching Bangladesh cricekt? with all the potential, why can't we make the most of it? why do we crumble so much? why does our batting, politely said, sucks aside from Ashraful and Tamim? obviously, our bowling can't make up for poor batting all the time... but why is it so depressing to watch Bangladesh play???

mshakir56
December 26, 2007, 02:49 AM
The BCB needs to start giving out threats to non permormers in the team. Either they perform or they are out of the team. Simple as that.

kalpurush
December 26, 2007, 02:50 AM
but why is it so depressing to watch Bangladesh play???
Is it always? How was the Twenty20 charity match? Didn't you enjoy that?! I did though.:)

wiseshah
December 26, 2007, 03:10 AM
this is not about me(maybe it is), but i had justified high expectations of this series.

Why?? Why are we always the ones receiving the worst of the worst? why do we get so complacent? this loss was quite depressing for me... everything looked allright, why can't we do things right for once? i thought we entered a new era in cricket with high talent. why did middle order just gifted wickets? is it a crime watching Bangladesh cricekt? with all the potential, why can't we make the most of it? why do we crumble so much? why does our batting, politely said, sucks aside from Ashraful and Tamim? obviously, our bowling can't make up for poor batting all the time... but why is it so depressing to watch Bangladesh play???

hi Rifat, dont be too upset. its part of life and try to accept today's defeat. may be we will win next match, just keep faith in our players and luck.

nahaz
December 26, 2007, 05:40 AM
We've always had one-shot wonder kind of players..we still might see a win this series..Think this way..if Ash and Tamim score anythig like today again, and there's people to consolidate in the middle and accelerate at the end, we can still get a score of 260+. Don't think that would be too easy for NZ. I say drop Aftab and bring Rajin for more solid performances.

BD-Shardul
December 26, 2007, 06:03 AM
"Success is not built on success. It's built on failure. It's built on frustration. Sometimes its built on catastrophe"--- Sumner Redstone

zainab
December 26, 2007, 06:35 AM
I think that Rasel was sadly missed here.
BD never made 200 runs against NZ. With sensible batting, they could have made it to 250. If they can make 250 runs against the Aussies and SA, then they should believe that they can make it here. To me this team is a better team that played Australia, but the world cup team was better, and they lost so many matches, they were also in better form. Here they needed more practice

tiger_army
December 26, 2007, 06:40 AM
Middle order is the most important part of a team.......they are like backbone......they are the match winners.......example- Andrew Symonds, Yuvraj Singh, Misbah ul haq, Styris, Crains, Klusner, Bevan, Lehman so many names. their role is to accelerate the innings towords the end. they are experience, big hitters, sensible batsmen..

we have Saqib, Mushfiq, Mehrab, Tushar, Farhad.. these ppl r very young, they still need to play another 3-5 yrs to reach tht point i thnk.... also our middle keep changing every series....so they are not getting experience as well...

so wat do we expect from an immature young inexperienced middle order?

Sovik
December 26, 2007, 06:44 AM
"Success is not built on success. It's built on failure. It's built on frustration. Sometimes its built on catastrophe"--- Sumner Redstone

never heard of him, but did he say anything about any time period, amount of failures. "may be success builds on five consecutive failures". its building alright but its the pile of frustration and depression,

taklima_naj
December 26, 2007, 06:44 AM
Some of the comments really encourage to hope again.

But at the end yesterdays performance was really fustrating. Tamim and Ash bothe click once in a time, yesterday both of them were clicked and I thought something might be happened but others who always make some contribution totally failed. Bowlers who always fought hard , failed. Actually there should be something to get the loss. Cricket which provide us some enjoyment, its really dissapointing to see such type of loss.

Before the Series I made comment to play as a team with commonsense, that didnt happen this time . I would be happy if they were more competitive. Yeah I am dipressed as well to see such a lose but again hope for the next time ( at least to be competitive).

Murad
December 26, 2007, 06:46 AM
“I don’t want to blame the middle-order batsmen. They are the best we have and given time they will become very good players. I think it was Tamim and Ashraful who should take the blame because they gave it away after getting in and I believe they’ll feel the same way,” said coach Jimmy Siddons.

“The batters forgot some team rules out there. the bowlers bowled as well as they could but New Zealand had good batsmen and there was never enough runs to put pressure on them.”

"I think this was a 260 plus wicket and even if we could have got to 230-240 then the match might have been interesting because traditionally this is not a very high-scoring venue. So I must take responsibility for the batting debacle after 25 overs. We will learn from this and hopefully make fewer mistakes in the next match in Napier because in every game we have sghown improvement on this tour. In the past we used to lose too many early wickets but now the top order is giving us fine starts. we just need our middle-order to fire," said Ashraful.

TigerCricket (http://www.tigercricket.com/viewNews.aspx?newsID=480)

Sovik
December 26, 2007, 06:51 AM
"I think this was a 260 plus wicket and even if we could have got to 230-240 then the match might have been interesting because traditionally this is not a very high-scoring venue. So I must take responsibility for the batting debacle after 25 overs. We will learn from this and hopefully make fewer mistakes in the next match in Napier because in every game we have sghown improvement on this tour. In the past we used to lose too many early wickets but now the top order is giving us fine starts. we just need our middle-order to fire," said Ashraful.

what he was thinking. its a batting wicket. may be he doesn't know but New Zealand chased down Australia's 336 in this ground. we were short by atleast 80 runs

this is the list of totals that were made in this ground (http://stats.cricinfo.com/nzvbdesh/engine/records/team/highest_innings_totals.html?class=2;id=283;type=gr ound)

mshakir56
December 26, 2007, 07:03 AM
Given the start we got today, we should have scored atleast 280. Its the middle order that sucks.

Rifat
December 26, 2007, 07:49 AM
amar khub kharap lagar karon:

shobaike ato link tink dia ato kosto koira bhabsilam ektu anondo korbo... atodin dhore ai match tar jonno opekkha korte korte ai jodi dekhi... ai jonno khub kharap lagse.

oder boka dia to kono lav nai :sigh:

zainab
December 26, 2007, 07:55 AM
Fans here should not get so disheartened, they could have collapsed for less, at least they made the 200 mark which is fairly decent. Remember that they are playing against a full National team with the exception of Bond, and after their poor showing against SA and Australia, they will pounce on the vulnerability of BD. Ashraful and Coach Siddons should realize this.
Their middle order is very young and inexperienced. Aftab, who is a matured batsman fails all the time. I cant understand his mindset, This is not 20/20. He can stay at the crease and dig himself in, instead of slugging all the time. If 3 batsmen can contribute 150 runs and the rest make up over 100 runs, then they have a chance. Let's hope Ash wins the toss the next time.

pervez mia
December 26, 2007, 08:43 AM
Hi Everyone,
my first post. Accidentally found this forum/website and been following the banter for the last few days. Great to see so many ppl interested in bangladeshi cricket.
disappointing performance once again by the tigers... same old story... faltering when the game is there to be taken... too many silly shots and nobody wanting to do the hard yards...
it's actually disappointing that Ash won man of the match. It's not good enough to make 70 and throw your wicket away, especially the captain. As good an innings as it was, there was no need to play that shot... nothing wrong with pushing the ball around for singles and twos, especially just after you've lost a wicket. i thought we were past the days of accepting "close enough is good enough"
On another note, i think it's a disgrace that not one of the 8 bangladeshi local channels broadcasted the game... i got a satellite dish installed with a hope to watching a few tigers games (and also some deshi natoks for the wife)... but wasn't on any of the 7 channels i have access to... bloody disgrace...:mad:

lamisa
December 26, 2007, 10:11 AM
i m seriously disappointd.thank god i didnt watch kiwis innings,i wud hav burst in2 tearz den.middle orderer probta ki????????????????????????????ettttttttttooooooooo TALENTED but kiiiiiiiiiiii kore eishob????????oder ashole oder battinge turn na ashle bathroome lok kore rakha uchit,score janbe na r bair hoile bola uchit "score 32-4 in 23 overz!!!!!!v need miracle frm u or elsmairra falamuuuuu!!!!!"

Protic
December 26, 2007, 10:12 AM
Actually.. its ok.. happens..
but i felt TERRIBLY bad for Ashraful..tamim to pagla..kisu buje na..but ashraful er face deksi.. while they were 7 down.. he looked SO SAD..SO SAD!! ..and why not.. Eto valo position e niye ..all mushy,saki,mehrab,farhad had to do was.. score 20/25 of 30 balls.. or 35 balls.. SIMPLE!

Tigernamo
December 26, 2007, 10:17 AM
If only Bangladesh had Mohammad Rafique, New Zealand would been depressed!

lamisa
ash iz da pagla 1.medical science wud say hez sorta mad(my cuzn wrkd 4 bcb).

Shobha
Im Not Disheartened At All. At Least They Showed Some Positivity. 200 Is Descent Score To Defend But Unfortunately Our Bowlers Were Slacking But Overall They Did Get Some Positive Factors Out Of It Such Ac Tamim Getting His Confidence Back, Once Again Shadat Showing Improvment.
They Know What Areas To Fix Up On For Next Match

Spitfire_x86
what he was thinking. its a batting wicket. may be he doesn't know but New Zealand chased down Australia's 336 in this ground. we were short by atleast 80 runs

this is the list of totals that were made in this ground (http://stats.cricinfo.com/nzvbdesh/engine/records/team/highest_innings_totals.html?class=2;id=283;type=gr ound)
Siddons has a job to do, re-educating Ash in "What is a competitive score in ODIs".

FagunerAgun
December 26, 2007, 11:43 AM
Go BD Go.
We love you.
We are proud of you,
even when you scored 70+ runs in 28 overs in Sri Lanka.

Tigers_eye
December 26, 2007, 11:49 AM
bachaa public. After few more losses you will get use to it. Take it as what its worth. Just a game.

Too imotional BD people: Think of Sidr. This loss to NZ is nothing compared to the cyclone.

FagunerAgun
December 26, 2007, 11:50 AM
amar khub kharap lagar karon:

shobaike ato link tink dia ato kosto koira bhabsilam ektu anondo korbo... atodin dhore ai match tar jonno opekkha korte korte ai jodi dekhi... ai jonno khub kharap lagse.

:sigh:

20/20 game e onek anando, chilla chilli korlam na.

Ekta ba duita anander din ashe protita series a. Eiberer anandata charity.:-D

BanCricFan
December 26, 2007, 11:53 AM
Hi Everyone,
my first post. Accidentally found this forum/website and been following the banter for the last few days. Great to see so many ppl interested in bangladeshi cricket.
disappointing performance once again by the tigers... same old story... faltering when the game is there to be taken... too many silly shots and nobody wanting to do the hard yards...
it's actually disappointing that Ash won man of the match. It's not good enough to make 70 and throw your wicket away, especially the captain. As good an innings as it was, there was no need to play that shot... nothing wrong with pushing the ball around for singles and twos, especially just after you've lost a wicket. i thought we were past the days of accepting "close enough is good enough"
On another note, i think it's a disgrace that not one of the 8 bangladeshi local channels broadcasted the game... i got a satellite dish installed with a hope to watching a few tigers games (and also some deshi natoks for the wife)... but wasn't on any of the 7 channels i have access to... bloody disgrace...:mad:

Welcome to BC Pervez! :)
Yeah, its a bloody disgrace.

Moshin
December 26, 2007, 11:58 AM
i thought the 2020 game will be much harder for desh,
but looks like we're back to our old state in the ODI,
watching Tamim and Ashraful was brilliant, but
the others atleast could've contributed more to the score,
but the majority went out for a single number, ten will be good
but no, our bottom order i just... i cant explain, very angry!!!

Pundit
December 26, 2007, 12:00 PM

Your depression makes me depressed.

BanCricFan
December 26, 2007, 12:00 PM
Oh, rifat,
Don't be depressed. Life goes on...
Look forward to the day when BD will make you smile again! :-)

zainab
December 26, 2007, 02:46 PM
Please fans, dont be so disheartened and depressed. Think how the players feel? Ash looked so sad, and admitted his responsibility in this defeat. think about how jamie must be feeling, why are you all thinking about your own feelings, everyone want a quick fix with this team, it will not happen for another 2 years.
I saw a bit of the test match between SA and the Windians and Windians are doing very well. I think the deluge of criticsms did them a wealth of good. Surprised that Marlon Samuels played a very patient innnings of 210 minutes, unlucky to get out at 94. All batsmen have made over 30 runs., so there are still hopes for BD.

Shobha
December 26, 2007, 04:12 PM
i dont mean to rub in all of yuor sorrows but at the end of the day we have to know one thing that BD is a one man's team ( i'm sure everyone knows who i'm on about), and if he doesnt score then think that we've lost the match. some poeple may think that 70 was decent but it's not the same as 100( against aus) or 87(against SA).

pocha
December 26, 2007, 04:19 PM
i dont mean to rub in all of yuor sorrows but at the end of the day we have to know one thing that BD is a one man's team ( i'm sure everyone knows who i'm on about), and if he doesnt score then think that we've lost the match. some poeple may think that 70 was decent but it's not the same as 100( against aus) or 87(against SA).

Sad but true. I wish everyone contribute's to the team's cause rather than one or two individual sparks in every match. Anyway this trend will never stop and we poor fans have to live with it forever.

Rifat
December 26, 2007, 08:15 PM
Is it always? How was the Twenty20 charity match? Didn't you enjoy that?! I did though.:)

thank you! i did really enjoy the Twenty Twenty match:)

i am just depressed because like i said, after so much wait and anticipation, we just play our best for tenty seven overs then...

i am just shocked at the immaturity of this team... did enjoy Razzak's batting though!

Rifat
December 26, 2007, 08:17 PM
Oh, rifat,
Don't be depressed. Life goes on...
Look forward to the day when BD will make you smile again! :-)

i hope that day lasts for five straight days. thank you:)

sunny747
December 26, 2007, 10:46 PM
no wonder...no thread for "highlights" this time

PoorFan
December 26, 2007, 11:06 PM
Losing the game does not harm but losing it mostly by own mistake do the damage most.

Anyway, Ash and coach seems addressed the mistakes well, hopefully it seems our coach is much focused to fix the things right, and will bring the change in coming games. Win or lose is different, first I like to see we are doing things right.

So lets move on.

Beamer
December 26, 2007, 11:23 PM

You need to see a shrink buddy.

Rifat
December 27, 2007, 12:27 AM
You need to see a shrink buddy.

what does that suppose to mean?

"shrink" is a verb, i never knew it was a noun?

al-Sagar
December 27, 2007, 12:37 AM
well a few days ago we always had the problem that our top order failed and then the middle order had to fight out to get a score.

well i hope jamie siddons will sort things out after the NZ series when he will have time to work with players before the SA series.

oracle
December 27, 2007, 12:51 AM
It was good to see Ash perform and enjoying his battin in addition to his responsibilities. I think one of the good news is that the captaincy handover went relatively well if you compare it to our history. Just need to see the positives, that's all.

AsifTheManRahman
December 27, 2007, 01:41 AM
Well Ashraful's been delivering more frequently lately. It's good to see him scoring consistently (relatively, that is), however, the occasional madness has to stop. He could have been out first ball yesterday, but I guess even his uncontrolled, non-timed, nothing shots are good enough to get to the boundary, him being Ashraful and all...

Rifat
December 27, 2007, 07:09 AM
ami ekta shotto kotha bolbo: ajke amar khela dekhar ichcha ami haraya felechi :(, jodio mon chai amar brain boltese ajke ami khela na dekhlai bhalo, not that any of you care i suppose.

lamisa
December 27, 2007, 08:06 AM
etto bhore koshto kore jege thakbo kon dukkhe?b**ler khela dekte?kintu na jagleo kharap lage,khela dekhte ichchha kore,i feel guilty nd unpatriotic.