PDA

View Full Version : Drop Farhad Reza!!!

Morpheous
December 26, 2007, 07:42 AM
I bought the Willow TV Package 3 ODI for 19.99. Started watching the Game. It was Awesome while Tamim/Ash was batting. Man within 15 min it was a Total Collapse.

However the most annoying part was to see Farhad Reza batting (4 Out of 30 Balls). I am surprised how he got a Chance because he got no footwork and only shot he know how to play is "Kanchi shot" where it goes to Slip/Thirdman. He was eventually caught in slip.Even when Razzaq came he played superb as a 10th Batsman. So I think BD should should consider a Genuine batsman like Rajin Saleh for 2nd game.

pilot fan
December 26, 2007, 07:46 AM
come on he spent time at the middle and didnt give his wicket away

and he bowled ok

drop merhab if anyway

zainab
December 26, 2007, 08:01 AM
I think Mehrab should be dropped, Reza is also a bowler.

Yameen
December 26, 2007, 08:27 AM
reza should only be used as a bowling all rounder, well i think he is anyway. He only got one shot in his armoury, yes he spent time in the middle, but he cant even rotate the strike and he is not very inventive, and as rightly mentioned he has no footwork...

Imtiazk
December 26, 2007, 08:37 AM
I bought the Willow TV Package 3 ODI for 19.99. Started watching the Game. It was Awesome while Tamim/Ash was batting. Man within 15 min it was a Total Collapse.

However the most annoying part was to see Farhad Reza batting (4 Out of 30 Balls).

Farhad should not be dropped. His innings was a direct result of the foolhardy stupidity which preceded his coming to the wicket. He was correctly consolidating the innings. Why blame him only ? The team still didn't bat out the 50 overs. So whether he batted 30 balls or not becomes irrelevant.

Merhab is a liability. In fact, it is becoming apparent more and more, if you cut out the Zimbabwe, Bermuda etc. games , many of the players are turning out to be just ordinary.

This also includes Sakib. The 3 wickets he took today, at the wrong time, i.e. too late to be of any significance, simply pads up his "statistics" which are basically misleading.

We have many players like this now. Sakib, Merhab, and yes, Farhad. They simply add to our historical database of bits' n pieces players. Multiskilled as opposed to being all-rounders. If Mehrab will not be given the ball, I presume he is there for his batting. Are they being serious ? I would have JO, Tushar, Rajin, Nazimuddin, Alok etc. long before him.

Mashrafe also should not be considered an automatic choice. His batting is now less than ordinary and I think he cannot even be sent in as No.8 anymore. Opponents have sussed out his weakness against rib-cage bowling. In fact, Razzak appears a more accomplished batsman.

Mashrafe hardly puts in the effort. Like Ashraful [ of before ], he seems to have a good game every 10 games or so. Shahadat has impressed me with his work rate. I was dubious about him before.

There is no point packing in so called batsmen when they can't bat. I would simply drop Mehrab and bring in Sajid. Otherwise , I cannot see being able to bowl them out with 3 front line bowlers.

Oh ! Rasel, where are thou ?

Ahmed_B
December 26, 2007, 09:28 AM
Just one game has been played... already dropping saga suru hoye gese...?

Protic
December 26, 2007, 10:15 AM
Exactly.. Farhad jodi 40 overs er por namto..say team on 200 runs..im sure he wud hav scored atleast 25 of 30.. man..it was the pressure..but if anyone has to be dropped..it shud be Mehrab..and play Riyadh..if he's on.. or Sajidul..

lamisa
December 26, 2007, 10:32 AM
naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!u lik outta ur mind?he displayd xcllnt battn,bowln nd Fieldn skillz durn da T2m match.hez damn gud.i agree wid protik,it wz da pressure dat killd him.or els slog overze ashle,FATAY dito!!

hoodlum
December 26, 2007, 11:10 AM
farhad deserves his place in da team...let him play in few more matches...just drop mehrab and bring sajidul in da next match

Tigers_eye
December 26, 2007, 11:15 AM
:up::up::up::up::up:
I would like to repeat those words.

"Just one game has been played... already dropping saga suru hoye gese"

Omio
December 26, 2007, 11:19 AM
Ajaira thread..

AsifTheManRahman
December 26, 2007, 11:19 AM
No word on Aftab's performance? The guy has been repeatedly getting out to dumb shots. He has to understand that we have 50 overs to bat, not freakin' 10 or 5.

Tigers_eye
December 26, 2007, 11:24 AM
You have already forgotten the 300 strikerate two ball innings against Sylhet. First ball 6 of Enam Jr. (without looking at the pitch or anything 4th day). Second ball caught, trying to win the match with one ball - that is his strategy aka natural game.

Imtiazk
December 26, 2007, 11:35 AM
You have already forgotten the 300 strikerate two ball innings against Sylhet. First ball 6 of Enam Jr. (without looking at the pitch or anything 4th day). Second ball caught, trying to win the match with one ball - that is his strategy aka natural game.

Aftab's performance or arrogance even beats an old cricketing joke . It was about Robin Marler who played for Sussex. He later was a distinguished Cricket Correpondent for the Sunday Times and President of the MCC.

Marler was sent in as night watchman. He hit the first ball for six. He was stumped the next ball.

Aftab probably beats that. I think scoring big runs does not appeal to him. Very unlike Cricketers.

skhondoker
December 26, 2007, 11:36 AM

However the most annoying part was to see Farhad Reza batting (4 Out of 30 Balls). I am surprised how he got a Chance because he got no footwork and only shot he know how to play is "Kanchi shot" where it goes to Slip/Thirdman. He was eventually caught in slip.Even when Razzaq came he played superb as a 10th Batsman. So I think BD should should consider a Genuine batsman like Rajin Saleh for 2nd game.

AFTAB & MEHRAB SHOULD BE GOOOONE FAR AWAY

Omio
December 26, 2007, 11:42 AM
This was the way Aftab got out-
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/m7bkL4PQEZI&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/m7bkL4PQEZI&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Eshen
December 26, 2007, 12:35 PM
Some one needs to explain Aftab what pinch hitting means. A pinch hitter basically tries to land the ball in the areas in between the inner circle and the boundary line (not trying to hit sixes all the time). You can do that with a flatter trajectory that will ensure a) the ball is not going to float in the air for too long to be caught, and b) after landing, the ball will have good momentum to travel to the boundary.

The problem with Aftab is that he tends to loft the ball too high and frequently gets caught in the process.

Ajfar
December 26, 2007, 12:46 PM
The problem with Aftab is that he tends to loft the ball too high and frequently gets caught in the process.

dingg..ding..dingg..correcttt

akabir77
December 26, 2007, 01:00 PM
looks like he couldn't reach the ball hense the bat twisted just before hitting it and scoped it up. it was right ball to hit but wrong length. so he needs to know that the bowlers know he is a short guy and will bowl him that length or a length that is just short.
So either he was to charge in or take a step or two out side the crease for his stand or vary his standing so that the bowler doesn't have any idea where he is standing...

Antora
December 26, 2007, 05:34 PM
bahahahahahaha!we Bd Fanz Are Very Unique! Soneone Plays Good And We Are Like " Keep Him In The Team Forever" The Next Day He Scores A Duck Or Plays Bad, And We Are Like " Drop The Idiot" Seriously People Give It A Brake!!!!

damalChele
December 26, 2007, 06:12 PM
Farhad is a very industrious all rounder. He bowls at 134 kmph and knows how to bat well too. He played a fine knock of 30 somthing in T20 of 17 balls. He adopts to situations quite well. if anything Mash should be dropped and Saqib should bat lower down the order.

tiger_omar
December 26, 2007, 08:02 PM
Ajaira thread..

Porchundo ajaira thread aita.

Reja has been one of the most consistent performers in all aspects of the game during this series, including the practise matches... and we should consider dropping him????!!!!?!! And we wasn't even the worst performer in the 1st game.

Some of our fans geta little too crazy after one or two poor games. We as bengali should try to work on our patience, our players ofcourse, but some of our fans as well.

Gowza
December 26, 2007, 08:14 PM
i think atm reza is one of the better performers of the team. recently most of the time he's been playing his role almost perfectly. he chips in with a useful quickish innings with the bat and atm he is holding his own with the ball. his innings in the first ODI i think was probably due to the batting collapse, he quite possibly could have been told just to hold onto his wicket until a certain over before going for the big shots.

Rifat
December 26, 2007, 08:21 PM
i think atm reza is one of the better performers of the team. recently most of the time he's been playing his role almost perfectly. he chips in with a useful quickish innings with the bat and atm he is holding his own with the ball. his innings in the first ODI i think was probably due to the batting collapse, he quite possibly could have been told just to hold onto his wicket until a certain over before going for the big shots.

unfortunately, some of us with the best common sense here is not Bangladeshi, what a surprise! well said :)

his innings in 20/20 was a beauty recently, his bowling has been impressive, i wonder what pleases some of us :o

sadi
December 26, 2007, 09:08 PM
Well I guess the problem with some people is they don't follow Bangladesh cricket as much and reach a quick conclusion after seeing only one game.

Murad
December 26, 2007, 09:27 PM
Well I guess the problem with some people is they don't follow Bangladesh cricket as much and reach a quick conclusion after seeing only one game.

So True.

We've plenty of them here.

kalpurush
December 26, 2007, 10:18 PM
[বাংলা]বশীর ভাই...এটা আবার নতুন কি?!
[/বাংলা]I wonder if there is any option to drop any fan?;)

Rifat
December 26, 2007, 10:22 PM
[বাংলা]বশীর ভাই...এটা আবার নতুন কি?!
[/বাংলা]I wonder if there is any option to drop any fan?;)

if that be it, i consider myself dropped from Banglacricket criticism XI

BD Tigers
December 26, 2007, 10:23 PM
useless...

wiseshah
December 26, 2007, 11:07 PM
naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!u lik outta ur mind?he displayd xcllnt battn,bowln nd Fieldn skillz durn da T2m match.hez damn gud.i agree wid protik,it wz da pressure dat killd him.or els slog overze ashle,FATAY dito!!

seems like i am reading Hebrew sentence with greek mix/ hieroglyphycs. can u write something normal? but fatay dito word, i enjoyed.

PoorFan
December 26, 2007, 11:09 PM
Yeah, drop these 'drop' threads.

Beamer
December 26, 2007, 11:12 PM
Give me a break. And I say it despite his effort last night. I think he is a handy customer though we have too many of those in the team. He will be my first choice from among the plethora of handy customers that we have.

Haradhon
December 26, 2007, 11:16 PM
We the fans are as impatient as our our players. Last week Farhad was our hero because of his knock in the 20/20 match. And now we are ready to drop him from hero to zero. This is our national mentality, folks.

ialbd
December 26, 2007, 11:17 PM
yea yea drop everyone.....

farhad improved significantly since the last time I saw him play. This one middle order slot is bothering us for a while (Tushar/rajin now mehrab jr)....

al-Sagar
December 27, 2007, 12:57 AM
well farhad just had too much pressure, out in the middle in 32-33 overs just after the middle order batsman blew the good thing by the top order away. he had to play out some overs and consolidate.

but as for forhad i think he is a multiskilled player can do abit of both batting and bowling but both sides of him are not his best side. his batting and bowling both have weaknesses.

i thnk the selectors mad a wrong decision not including mahmudullah riyad in the squad. he could have been the man in no 6.

Sohel
December 27, 2007, 01:32 AM
Young Farhad Reza has become an excellent fielder, has always been a clean hitter of the ball, and continues to improve as a limited overs medium pacer. He is one of the very few guys who actually has the determination and drive to learn and has demonstrated those abilities from match to match. Scapegoting him for his last performance with the bat under DIFFICULT circumstances and pressure where many others before him have also failed, is the type of lunacy that can only be counterproductive in the end.

al Furqaan
December 27, 2007, 01:40 AM
Young Farhad Reza has become an excellent fielder, has always been a clean hitter of the ball, and continues to improve as a limited overs medium pacer. He is one of the very few guys who actually has the determination and drive to learn and has demonstrated those abilities from match to match. Scapegoting him for his last performance with the bat under DIFFICULT circumstances and pressure where many others before him have also failed, is the type of lunacy that can only be counterproductive in the end.

farhad reza: the new alok kapali

that said, i also found his 30 ball 4 annoying although i understood its context. the real blame should be on the middle order. a guy with a career SR of 77 doesn't naturally hit a 30 ball 4.

Sohel
December 27, 2007, 01:46 AM
farhad reza: the new alok kapali

that said, i also found his 30 ball 4 annoying although i understood its context. the real blame should be on the middle order. a guy with a career SR of 77 doesn't naturally hit a 30 ball 4.

True, except Farhad has shown more sack with less talent at this highest level so far.

AsifTheManRahman
December 27, 2007, 01:47 AM
I guess he found himself in a pretty hopeless position, and given that we only had three wickets in hand and the run-rate was already pretty healthy, the ideal thing to do was to see out the overs and go for the big ones after the 40th. Ideally, he shouldn't even have to be at the crease before the slog overs, so there's no point in blaming him.

Nocturnal
December 27, 2007, 01:52 AM
[বাংলা]এহ, ফজল মামু ঢাকায় গেলো আর এই সুতা ওপেন হইল....না হইলে খবর ছিল [/বাংলা] :)

nahaz
December 27, 2007, 03:01 AM
Drop Aftab if anything... he just keeps gifting his wickets. Farhad Reza tries to do his best and is in good form now..makes no sense in dropping him now

Imtiazk
December 27, 2007, 08:06 AM
I wrote before and I write again: Farhad did nothing wrong. With 3 wickets and 15 overs left - what was he to do. OK he could taken a few singles perhaps but that also needs the coperation of the non-striker Mashrafe.

In any event, his "crime" is far less than many of the others. His fielding is good, probably amongst the best. His bowling , for ODI's, is also acceptable. Presumably, whoever wants him dropped , wants to keep Mehrab. I even know people who sing better !

bdchamp20
December 28, 2007, 04:16 PM

I am not a Farhad Reza supporter, infact I was totally against the idea of his selection but I was proved wrong, he won us the T20 match and he he is bowling pretty well in the ODIs and I think he should stay behind for the tests as well.

shujan
December 28, 2007, 04:29 PM
Lets drop Ashraful...:shh:

shujan
December 28, 2007, 04:32 PM

What is wrong with 4 out of 30 ball when Bangladesh can not even bat 50 overs? Which savings bank we are gonna save those 30 balls?

shaoun
December 28, 2007, 04:36 PM
farhad is in the team as an allrounder like khaled mahmud and mushfiqur rahman was at one time. every teams needs allrounder in their side. we dont have anybody like jack kallis or andrew symond so farhad reza is the best choice. i dont think he played that bad in the first two odi. no reason to drop him.

Foozy
December 28, 2007, 09:31 PM
Farhad is playing very well recently, there is no need to chase his tail for now. Rite now Aftab needs a real push if anyone!

shaoun
December 28, 2007, 11:34 PM
aftab played good innins in the last match. hope he can keep it up. he is one of our experience player.

Sohel
December 29, 2007, 12:02 AM

Still valid.