PDA

View Full Version : 2nd ODI BD vs NZ: Pathetic bowling and worst fielding

Navarene
December 27, 2007, 08:54 PM
Even after keeping in mind that the wicket was the batsman's paradise and it offered nothing to the bowler, I would say that today Bangladesh showed the pathetic bowling performance and the worst ground fielding to the least.

Drop catches, zero effort to skid on the field to save four's down the boundary line, lethargic body language and what not!

Mashrafee has eventually forgotten how to use the variation of pace, bowling fullish or half pitch lollypop outside the off stump to beg the ball to be hit all over the park.

Rajib was only capable of throwing fire look at Oram instead of focusing on line and length. No brain work utilized to bowl at slog overs.

Farhad was having real hard time to find the line and length to the left handers.

Our trump card Razzak was bowling too short only to find the ball smack away to the boundary. Saqib was below per still he showed some commitment to maintain the line and length.

Siddon should seriously concentrate on our ground fielding, or all his efforts will go in vain.

Rifat
December 27, 2007, 08:57 PM
i disagree!!! the bowling formula was there... but the pitch wasn't there, yes, this is not the best day for us in the field, but it is also not the worst...

you can't always expect the bowlers to do their job in extremely difficult conditions, plus the lack of experience against a full strength confidence NZ team... it is a very tough ask!

the pitch plays an integral part in most(excuse me, ALL of the success of Bangladeshi victories)

sadi
December 27, 2007, 09:07 PM
It was a batting paradise and small square bondary didn't help either. NZ would've scored 270-280 no matter what. I guess few dropped catches didn't help our cause. Umpire weren't in our sides either since two decision went against us. We were a bowler short. We just can't expect Farhad and Sakib to bowl 20 overs everytime.

Sovik
December 27, 2007, 09:10 PM
it was a flat batting wicket but 336 is too much for us. if only we get blazing start from the opener and ash/aftab stays till the end

Navarene
December 27, 2007, 09:10 PM
i disagree!!! the bowling formula was there... but the pitch wasn't there, yes, this is not the best day for us in the field, but it is also not the worst...

you can't always expect the bowlers to do their job in extremely difficult conditions, plus the lack of experience against a full strength confidence NZ team... it is a very tough ask!

the pitch plays an integral part in most(excuse me, ALL of the success of Bangladeshi victories)
Lack of experience?? How many ODI's should have to be played to gather all the experience? Remember mate, they are in the international arena to play cricket. The body language and the temperament should be there to field their heart off! But unfortunately I haven't seen anything in them as I was watching the match live on SAB tv.

I do agree that it is a dead pitch to offer nothing to the pace bowling. But that doesnt give a pace bowler the right to bowl wayward to say the least. Our right handers were really having hard time to find the answer how to bowl to a left hand batsman. I really miss Rasel today.

AsifTheManRahman
December 27, 2007, 10:36 PM
The bowling should definitely have been better. It is not everyday that we will get a pitch where the ball will stay low and beat the opposition with lack of pace. Our bowlers will have to adapt and minimize damage in batting friendly conditions.

Having said that, the nature of one day cricket today is such that scores of 300 and above are pretty common these days. If our batsmen cannot approach such a chase in a suitable manner, we can't expect to win more games. In order to win more ODI's, we will have to chase down scores in excess of 300, and the sooner we learn how to rotate the strike and avoid collapses the better. We had a good start today, but threw it away with the fall of three quick wickets.

Nocturnal
December 27, 2007, 10:53 PM
add very poor umpiring too...

oracle
December 27, 2007, 11:13 PM
Whenever there is an international team faring badly, like the kiwis now, there is always the tigers there to pull them out of the slump. And gain some unknown batsman is made to look like an upcoming star.

lamisa
December 27, 2007, 11:36 PM
thank God i cudnt wake up 2 c such horribl prfrmnace by da fldrz

Sohel
December 28, 2007, 12:43 AM
thank God i cudnt wake up 2 c such horribl prfrmnace by da fldrz

Good for you, I never slept. Smart man, eh ?

lamisa
December 28, 2007, 02:32 AM
Good for you, I never slept. Smart man, eh ?

khamaka ghumta borbad korla sohel.:smug:jokhon uthe dekhi j 7ta baje ar celley alarm baje nai mejajta gesilo kharap hoiya but tarporo last 10 overz deksi,kintu ja deklam.......kopal mone hoy amare bdr biprjoy dekhay chharbe.:sick:but i m happy dat i @least didnt c da 1st 40ovrz.

Spitfire_x86
December 28, 2007, 02:50 AM
Pathetic batting as well. Glad that I overslept and missed this match

arifur81
December 28, 2007, 03:02 AM

How much longer we have to cover these bad performances of the bd players, we should stop blaming other but to blame the player. It always either the pitch, umpire, coach or the field condition, we need to come out of this finding escape goat mentality and let the player be man enough to face the consequences of their performances. I personally believe that there should be some sort of punishment for the player such as cutting 10% of their salary for those who played way below expectations (my personal opinion). :flag::flag:

al-Sagar
December 28, 2007, 03:34 AM
it was a tough day in the office for the boys.

taklima_naj
December 28, 2007, 04:26 AM
Yeah the result is as usual what I thought.before I thought our bowling is like others good teams, but really without Rasel and Rifique it seems nothing. And batting always horrible, thats why I expected something different in first ODI, it could be happen but it didnt, so there was nothing to expect from me in this ODI.Addingv with that fielding was worst ever and uppiring ; what can we do. Mone hoyechilo umpireer pet fitya dei.

Hope bowling gets better in the 3rd oDI

al Furqaan
December 28, 2007, 01:00 PM
yes bowling was a bit bad...but as has already been said, 300 was a certainty on this pitch...thats what was said before a ball had even been bowled!

farhad bowled very well in the slog overs...and rajib did OK in his one over. his two short balls were both dot balls.

mash stunk, 17 runs leaked of his last over.

of course had mash gotten how when he did the first time, then perhaps the NZ total would be 300-310.

batting was a disgrace after the solid start. Tamim needs to know how to push onto bigger scores than just 40 or 50 runs, as does aftab.

the falling of wickets in pairs must change.

lets see how far siddons takes us. DW took us some distance but it took him nearly 2 years to get results.

BD-BLAST
December 28, 2007, 01:41 PM
The main thing is pschycological here. When a target is set for 280-290 our players always get even more humbled by the score, not to say that they have even failed to reach lower scores on good batting pitches.

The good thing to take from this game is that atleast our team has improved from its last tour.