PDA

View Full Version : BC Bulletin : Impressive New Zealand take National Bank series

Miraz
December 28, 2007, 01:18 AM
Current/Forthcoming Tours

Bangladesh in New Zealand, 2007-08
Impressive New Zealand take National Bank series
28 December 2007
A strong batting performance from the Kiwi top order batsmen coupled with an ordinary display from the Tigers ensured an emphatic series win for New Zealand with one match in hand at Napier today. Batting first New Zealand posted a mammoth 335 for 5 in the stipulated 50 overs and restricted Tigers to 181 for 6 in 43.0 overs before rain prevented further play.

http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/../html/images/read_art.gif Read the rest of the bulletin » (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/../tours/2007_2008/INT/BD_IN_NZ/tour.php)

Miraz
December 28, 2007, 01:19 AM
It's a temporary bulletin.

It's 6:18 AM in the morning here, going to bed and will finalize the match report after a brief sleep. :)

taklima_naj
December 28, 2007, 04:34 AM
I dint follow second part, so ash out tao umpire miya echhe kore diche, kize echee kore?
horrible petla umpire.

Moshin
December 28, 2007, 07:19 AM
The wrong place for Ashraful to play at, and the right place for Aftab to play at as well, what could've we have done then, someone's got to go somewhere in that batting line up, we should've played Sajidul for the bowling and Farhad was the wrong choice for the match. I dont think New Zealand are in pressure anymore, after thier previous games against Australia etc, because the win of this series against Bangladesh, has lifted thier spirits of playing the game in a better level they are attributed to, so congrats to NZ anyway, even though desh has lost to them when they are out of form!

Miraz
December 28, 2007, 08:55 AM
Bangladesh should make an official complaint and Ross Taylor should be charged for bringing the game into disrepute.

DW had the guts, he went on to make the complaint and Rashid Latif was charged for a similar offense during the infamous Pakistan trip in 2003.

Omio
December 28, 2007, 10:11 AM
DW had the guts, he went on to make the complaint and Rashid Latif was charged for a similar offense during the infamous Pakistan trip in 2003.
And that was one of the cause of ending his international career.

Tigers_eye
December 28, 2007, 10:19 AM
Thanks Miraz bhai. In your complete report make sure you say something about our strike bowler. NZ was suppose to be a bowler's paradise. Yes, yesterday's pitch was batting friendly but we saw how NZ bowlers changed their strategy once they were getting belted early on. Mash's figure is just a slap on his ability. He has had previous experience at NZ. He should have been using the cross wind or do something different to stand out from the crowd. This only shows how important Rasel is for BD in ODIs. Rasel may not have speed but he has brains which no other BD player have. By the way if one has watched NZ bowlers bowl can someone say how fast Mills, Gillespie, Oram, Styris were bowling? Yeah I know slower than Farhad still 10 times affective than Mash - Shahadat in checking runs and getting wickets.

Fielding placement needs to be worked on if one wants wickets. Positioning a fielder properly compelling a batsman to play shots create chances of making a mistake. This is fundamental. Also the fielding had at least added 20-30 extra runs. Mushi's keeping was not intl standard at all. Comparing with McCullam he is playing school cricket out there.
Bangladesh should make an official complaint and Ross Taylor should be charged for bringing the game into disrepute.

Taylor's expression on his face said it was not out. How and other fielders surrounding him sold it to the umpires. The complaint should not be against Taylor or the players but against Umpires. If BD can't complaint against the umpires then then there is no use of complaining. Even without that out we would not have chased 250. The umpires did compensate that out later on on Aftab several times.

akabir77
December 28, 2007, 10:29 AM
BTW if those two clean outs were given at the beginning who know what would have happened...

So my question is why NZ had to rely on bad umpiring to win with us?

Protic
December 28, 2007, 10:32 AM
They are just plain scared of Ashraful :p

Tigers_eye
December 28, 2007, 10:36 AM
BTW if those two clean outs were given at the beginning who know what would have happened...

So my question is why NZ had to rely on bad umpiring to win with us?
would have could have diya dunia choley na bhai. Jai fielding disey eita niya ireland'er against'a abar harto.

NZ never relied on bad umpiring. what was the lowest NZ players score? 34. How many of BD batsmen crossed that? 2.

Enough protecting these premadonnas.

DJ Sahastra
December 28, 2007, 11:05 AM
1. I have been saying this again and again but to reiterate, we need to get rid of human-shortcomings in terms of deciion-making. If there is a reliable technology (and IMO, technology is indeed reliable as of today), lets use it.

2. If an umpire has given an incorrect decision, the captain/coach should be able to challenge it and get it overturned. Umpire should be made to pay for his mistakes, not the player.

3. The gulf between BD and NZ team is the narrowest at this point despite whatever the margin of defeat may indicate. I expect BD players to come firing on all cylinders next match.

4. It was quite an inept display, first from the bowlers and then the batsman. Theoretically, it was never expected that BD is gonna chase it down (bar a miracle). But the approach seemed more like a headless chicken. Chasing 300+, you gotto use the power-plays to score atleast at 8-10 RPO.

One World
December 28, 2007, 11:56 AM
3. The gulf between BD and NZ team is the narrowest at this point despite whatever the margin of defeat may indicate.

The approach of Bangladesh team needs to be changed. Need to apply more work when one decision is turned down, rather than getting psychologically passive BD need to show and proof to the officials in the field that our claims are valid and proper. Again thats how the strong teams create psychological pressures on in form opponent batsmen. Even if we do I doubt there will be much credit to that to Hariharan, Asoka or any other umpires who still thinks BD has nothing to prove in cricket.

akabir77
December 28, 2007, 01:30 PM
would have could have diya dunia choley na bhai. Jai fielding disey eita niya ireland'er against'a abar harto.

NZ never relied on bad umpiring. what was the lowest NZ players score? 34. How many of BD batsmen crossed that? 2.

Enough protecting these premadonnas.

but if those two were out at that point then mash would have bowled with more power and energy and they wouldn't have threw their bat at Raazaak like that.

All i am saying NZ is famous for their CHOAR umpiring and they continued that even with us...

zahid
December 28, 2007, 04:14 PM
OR....

Careless Tigers beaten again.

nzfan
December 28, 2007, 04:19 PM
So his career should end because of that? any player in the world would of said they caught that you couldnt even tell from the cameras if he did or not, its the umpires fault not his, stop being sore losers, Ash was shaky as it was nearly getting out earlier, you would not have won, the game was beyond them i am sorry.

Murad
December 28, 2007, 04:28 PM
Ashraful said he asked the umpires to call the 3rd umpire but these MFs didn't listen to him and given him out. That fat a$$ should be given some bash dholai...

Because of them our bowlers lost the confidence they had in the first innings. They didn't give 2 genuine outs.. Then they given out Ash.

Isn't there any law for Umpires?? Batsmen/Bowlers get punishment if they break any rules in the field but why not the umpires??

kaisermatin
December 28, 2007, 05:09 PM
NZ win could have been really impressive if they did not cheat so much. I am referring to Howe's out and Ashraful's out. They set a bad impression for our little ones that you have to cheat big time to win.

akabir77
December 28, 2007, 05:34 PM
So his career should end because of that? any player in the world would of said they caught that you couldnt even tell from the cameras if he did or not, its the umpires fault not his, stop being sore losers, Ash was shaky as it was nearly getting out earlier, you would not have won, the game was beyond them i am sorry.

Please tell me if it was ricky pointing telling the ump to discuss it with the 3rd, the ump's would still act the same...

Shaky or not two not out when a blind man could see them and given a out when the ball fell half short and no one saw it!!! (if you see taylors eyes when he caught the ball you could say he knew it fishy...)

Yeah we could have lost the game no point there even with those decision but all of them went against us and when NZ was so shaky them selves may be the management thought they need to lend a hand too...

nzfan
December 28, 2007, 05:56 PM
how can you say we cheated because the umpire didnt give us out? it is not our fault the umpire was bad

Murad
December 28, 2007, 06:17 PM
http://www.ittefaq.com/content/2007/12/29/33325_1.jpg

Farhad
December 29, 2007, 02:02 AM
Everybody here knows we never had a chance after NZ crossed the 300 run mark. I dunno, maybe I'm being too optimistic here, but I saw a lot of good things coming off this match. JS should be using these matches to analyze where we have to improve on, and I'm pretty sure thats exactly what he's doing. I'm no professional coach, and even I realized some places BD could definitely improve on. Our bowlers were trying to bowl an impeccable line and length, and lets face it, they just don't have the talent for that, very few do...Instead, they should have used their head a bit more, mix it up a bit. I saw just two bouncers from our bowlers on a pitch where thats just about the only thing you can do to throw off the batsman. And its not because of a lack of pace either. Both the bouncers used were dot balls if I remember correctly. Other good signs were improved shot selection, better footwork and front foot drives. I thought the match highlighted exactly where we went wrong. In bowling: Although line and length were very,very good, it was also predictable. As for batting: the single most important thing to work on right now is pretty much any shot on the back foot. Plus, Tushar has to go. I know his score was decent, but his technique was all wrong. I don't see a bright future for him. Simply too many spots to be exploited...He'll struggle against any bowler who uses his head, and thats where Vettori excels. I looked it up because I was curious and found out that he had just 2 scoring shots from 20 balls against Vettori :o

Foozy
December 29, 2007, 02:42 AM
Everybody here knows we never had a chance after NZ crossed the 300 run mark. I dunno, maybe I'm being too optimistic here, but I saw a lot of good things coming off this match. JS should be using these matches to analyze where we have to improve on, and I'm pretty sure thats exactly what he's doing. I'm no professional coach, and even I realized some places BD could definitely improve on. Our bowlers were trying to bowl an impeccable line and length, and lets face it, they just don't have the talent for that, very few do...Instead, they should have used their head a bit more, mix it up a bit. I saw just two bouncers from our bowlers on a pitch where thats just about the only thing you can do to throw off the batsman. And its not because of a lack of pace either. Both the bouncers used were dot balls if I remember correctly. Other good signs were improved shot selection, better footwork and front foot drives. I thought the match highlighted exactly where we went wrong. In bowling: Although line and length were very,very good, it was also predictable. As for batting: the single most important thing to work on right now is pretty much any shot on the back foot. Plus, Tushar has to go. I know his score was decent, but his technique was all wrong. I don't see a bright future for him. Simply too many spots to be exploited...He'll struggle against any bowler who uses his head, and thats where Vettori excels. I looked it up because I was curious and found out that he had just 2 scoring shots from 20 balls against Vettori :o

I absolutely agree with you that the shot selection was ten fold better than it used to be. I guess siddons must have already started working on that. Especially for tamim. At the starting he did have a little trouble leaving the head height bouncers (which he would previously have danced down the pitch to hit), but after a few overs he was doing pretty well with shot selection actually.

cricket_king
December 29, 2007, 02:45 AM
1. I have been saying this again and again but to reiterate, we need to get rid of human-shortcomings in terms of deciion-making. If there is a reliable technology (and IMO, technology is indeed reliable as of today), lets use it.

2. If an umpire has given an incorrect decision, the captain/coach should be able to challenge it and get it overturned. Umpire should be made to pay for his mistakes, not the player.

3. The gulf between BD and NZ team is the narrowest at this point despite whatever the margin of defeat may indicate. I expect BD players to come firing on all cylinders next match.

4. It was quite an inept display, first from the bowlers and then the batsman. Theoretically, it was never expected that BD is gonna chase it down (bar a miracle). But the approach seemed more like a headless chicken. Chasing 300+, you gotto use the power-plays to score atleast at 8-10 RPO.

That's actually very well said, though number 3 may be slightly exaggerated. The ICC is obviously wanting to minimize change in cricket, especially after introducing twenty20. Umpiring is now a major issue and it wasn't only the New Zealand/Bangladesh game - the India/Australia match had a few shocking calls as well, as did the Sri Lanka/Australia series. They really have to take a deep look into this. I say umpires shouldn't have to make decisions by themselves...they should use the technology provided. It's a total waste if they don't.

tonoy
December 29, 2007, 02:47 AM
good to see you back cricket king.

zainab
December 29, 2007, 07:33 AM
Ross Taylor should be penalized for not being a gentleman. They wantedAsh out and this was the chance. The umpires were all in NZ's favour from the onstart of this series.

uvaskaves
December 29, 2007, 01:27 PM
Ross Taylor should be penalized for not being a gentleman. They wantedAsh out and this was the chance. The umpires were all in NZ's favour from the onstart of this series.

Just read this on cricinfo:

The other topic of discussion was Ashraful's controversial dismissal, after he spooned a low catch to Ross Taylor at cover. Taylor claimed the catch while Ashraful stood his ground, convinced that it was a bump ball and that prompted the umpires to confer. Vettori backed Taylor's honesty and the umpires' decision.

"You saw Ross' reaction," Vettori said. "He left it in the umpires hands and they made the call. From what I've heard it was the right call."

http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/nzvbdesh/content/current/story/328062.html

"From what I've heard it was the right call."

Are you freaking kidding me. I saw at least three replays of the play where it looked like the ball touched the ground before Taylor picked it up. The ball seemed to bounce into his hands. I saw the match on Willow so maybe I missed something. Did anyone watch this on TV?

kalpurush
December 29, 2007, 03:09 PM
Current/Forthcoming Tours

Bangladesh in New Zealand, 2007-08
Impressive New Zealand take National Bank series
28 December 2007
A strong batting performance from the Kiwi top order batsmen coupled with an ordinary display from the Tigers ensured an emphatic series win for New Zealand with one match in hand at Napier today. Batting first New Zealand posted a mammoth 335 for 5 in the stipulated 50 overs and restricted Tigers to 181 for 6 in 43.0 overs before rain prevented further play.

http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/../html/images/read_art.gif Read the rest of the bulletin » (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/../tours/2007_2008/INT/BD_IN_NZ/tour.php)
Impressive NZ?! or [বাংলা]চোরের দল...:waiting:[/বাংলা]

kalpurush
December 29, 2007, 03:15 PM
Dubious catch - Taylor favours a video umpire

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/section/4/...ectid=10484715 (http://www.nzherald.co.nz/section/4/story.cfm?c_id=4&objectid=10484715)
<!-- BEGIN TEMPLATE: bbcode_quote -->
Quote:
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=5 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ffffff 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: #ffffff 1px solid; BORDER-LEFT: #ffffff 1px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ffffff 1px solid">Taylor, who appeared confident as he ran to congratulate bowler Kyle Mills, was not as certain today when asked about the legitimacy of the catch.

"I thought I had most of it [the ball]. I went over to the umpires and they gave it out," he said, after the teams arrived in Queenstown for tomorrow's dead rubber.

"All I know is I wasn't 100 per cent sure whether I caught the ball."

He admitted as much to Ashraful in the dressing room after the match and wondered if it was time for contentious catches to be referred to the third umpire.

"I'm not sure of the rule (for referring matters to the third umpire) but maybe technology could come in a bit more."

Currently, catches cannot be referred to the third umpire to study a video replay if umpires had a clear view of the incident.

It is then at their discretion, while the fielder also has a bearing if he knows for sure whether the catch was effected or not.

"It's a difficult situation," Taylor admitted.

"I've seen so many people take catches when they genuinely thought they caught them but they hadn't."
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
Posted by Eshen in another thread. <!-- END TEMPLATE: bbcode_quote -->

Murad
December 29, 2007, 03:22 PM
Impressive NZ?! or [বাংলা]চোরের দল...:waiting:[/বাংলা]

valo bolchen bhai.. bangladesher police er sathe mone hoi odher khatir ache.. onek gulo tactics shikhaiya diyese..je kivabhe churi korte hoi..