PDA

View Full Version : Comments on "Learn Bengali Sounds and Alphabet"

Kabir
December 28, 2007, 10:13 AM
Arnab: Here's a request. Please allow everyone to post in the sticky thread you have above this. Without participation, it's hardly possible for anyone to learn a language.

If you want some specific things to appear on the top of the thread, you can easily do that by editing the first few posts again and again.

Bengaliprince176
December 28, 2007, 10:47 AM
this is a very useful thread!! i must confess, my reading and writing of bangla is awful, i only know how to spell my name lol and getting the sounds mixed up is a big probelm. thanks arnab ps wud it be possible to give examples for the dipththongs as u did with bat and ball thanks

Arnab
December 28, 2007, 05:45 PM
Arnab: Here's a request. Please allow everyone to post in the sticky thread you have above this. Without participation, it's hardly possible for anyone to learn a language.

If you want some specific things to appear on the top of the thread, you can easily do that by editing the first few posts again and again.

Thanks. But I think it will be better if all the comments are one separate thread. One single post cannot contain all the things I am going to write. I will set up a new thread for comments.

Arnab
December 28, 2007, 05:49 PM
http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/showthread.php?t=24852

Comments for "Learn Bengali Sounds and Alphabet" can be written here.

Kabir
December 28, 2007, 06:47 PM
Thanks Arnab. This will work as an alternative.

I need some serious work no my Bangla writing...something I haven't done in years. Can someone suggest an innovative idea on how we can start participating here like that? I mean, in terms of both spelling, grammar, quality of language, and sentence construction.

How about a short story writing competition?

Arnab
December 28, 2007, 07:48 PM
wud it be possible to give examples for the dipththongs as u did with bat and ball thanks

Diphthongs are just combined vowel sounds. You pronounce the two vowels in succession, gliding from the first to the second.

I have now added sound samples for all seven main vowel sounds. You can now try to pronounce the 17 diphthongs by pronouncing together the two vowels that make them.

Shafin
December 31, 2007, 11:18 PM
Thanks Arnab. This will work as an alternative.

I need some serious work no my Bangla writing...something I haven't done in years. Can someone suggest an innovative idea on how we can start participating here like that? I mean, in terms of both spelling, grammar, quality of language, and sentence construction.

How about a short story writing competition?
read bangla books,lots and lots of them,your improvement will be rapid.

AsifTheManRahman
January 5, 2008, 02:22 PM
I second that. As a kid, I'd found reading to be the best way to improve language skills.

Nafis_BD
January 5, 2008, 09:31 PM
Kabir bhaiya, Shafin bhaiya and Asif bhaiya are right about that. I also improved my language skills by reading a lot. If you are looking for a good book to read then might I suggest the book [বাংলা]আমি তপু[/বাংলা] by Mohammed Jaffor Iqbal. It's a great book and I am sure you could get a copy of it around the Bangla town area or I could try and get a copy for you!!

BD-Shardul
January 9, 2008, 03:45 AM
As for Bangla Grammar and Spelling, I think, I can help. IMHO, I personally think that I have a very very sharp command in Bangla grammar and spelling . While I type, I make some mistakes, but that is due to my typing.