PDA

View Full Version : Is this the worst ever ODI performance by Bangladesh?

Miraz
December 30, 2007, 08:19 PM
What a slap in the face!!!

I cannot take it as just another bad day.

This is an all-round display of poor cricket.

Murad
December 30, 2007, 08:21 PM
amar janamote ami e rokom kharap khela ar dekhini

bd er to noi.. onno kono team er o na....

faltu purai faltu.. bowling batting shobi faltu.. mashrafe ke kane dhoira deshe pataite hobe...

half of the batsmen should be sent home todayy as welll

Farhad
December 30, 2007, 08:22 PM
One of the most one-sided games in the history of ODI cricket...

Zunaid
December 30, 2007, 08:22 PM
Yes.

I started getting back to life, cricket and BC and get punched in the face by this. But, you know what - even if we were playing Division 9 cricket with teams from Vanuatu and Andorra, I will still be a Bangladesh Cricket fan.

Spitfire_x86
December 30, 2007, 08:25 PM
I repeat, this match will serve as "The Definitive Guide to Thrashing Minnows" in years to come.

Miraz
December 30, 2007, 08:27 PM
But, you know what - even if we were playing Division 9 cricket with teams from Vanuatu and Andorra, I will still be a Bangladesh Cricket fan.

You said it all.

Performances like this only creates some deep pain .....somewhere....deep deep inside.... but can never take away the passion and love for Bangladesh cricket.

MohammedC
yes it is the worst ever odi i have seen between 2 test playing nation

Ishtylish cricketer
this is worst than losing to Canada and Ireland. 95 chased in 6 overs!!!

Zunaid
We didn't get slaughtered like lambs, at least lambs kick and scream. We were literally stomped like pests.

We were wiped off the rear end like the aftermath of a bad taco.

HereWeGo
December 30, 2007, 08:28 PM
Worst defeat in history of ODI cricket.
264 balls to spare......OMG

billah
December 30, 2007, 08:28 PM
yes it is the worst ever odi i have seen between 2 test playing nation

Ditto.

sadi
December 30, 2007, 08:29 PM
I don't know what I am doing here. I guess I don't have any other place to express my pain. Urghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

riad
December 30, 2007, 08:29 PM
one positive:D
Bangladesh did not make enough run to give NZ opportunity to make some other world records.........

Sohel
December 30, 2007, 08:31 PM
Infinitely worse than a really bad day at the office, we got fired over the PA system and then bitch-slapped out of the building.

There are mud and straw huts to be built now. Goru Marka Dheu Tin is just too posh for us at the moment.

sadi
December 30, 2007, 08:32 PM
I wanna hear what JS says

Shafin
December 30, 2007, 08:34 PM
I repeat, this match will serve as "The Definitive Guide to Thrashing Minnows" in years to come.
*cough*

UAE Women Vs BD Women (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/showpost.php?p=505377&postcount=80)
UAE Women 9/10 Over -9; Panna 5/6, Shamima 3/2
BD Women 10/0 Over -1.2; Chameli 6*, Tazkia 1*
BD National Women Cricket team won by 10 wkts (First match of ACC Womens Tournament; Date-11 July 2007; Toss-Bangladesh)

Sohel
December 30, 2007, 08:35 PM
*cough*

UAE Women Vs BD Women (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/showpost.php?p=505377&postcount=80)
BD National Women Cricket team won by 10 wkts (First match of ACC Womens Tournament; Date-11 July 2007; Toss-Bangladesh)

Good to have you post again bro ... :)

Spitfire_x86
December 30, 2007, 08:36 PM
*cough*

I was not talking about ACC level women's cricket, men's ODI was in my mind (especially those involving bhua test teams like BD and Zimbo) :)

riad
December 30, 2007, 08:37 PM
I hope the test matches are reduced to 1 day match just to accomodate our team.

Sohel
December 30, 2007, 08:39 PM
The good news is: It can't possibly get any worse (or can it ... ???)

Jauy Bangla, Bangladesh Zindabad!

Spitfire_x86
December 30, 2007, 08:41 PM
The good news is: It can't possibly get any worse (or can it ... ???)
You never can tell (could you, at 4:00 AM today?)

Russell2k7
December 30, 2007, 08:43 PM
McCullum celebrated Qurban Eid today.

BangladeshFan
December 30, 2007, 08:50 PM
i remember a match against india but that was long ago, i guess 1998 in asia cup. india scored the runs with in 15 overs.

that shows how pathetic this loss is.......... Bd is now a test playing country..... and they lost this match within 6 overs!

starline3
December 30, 2007, 08:51 PM
Lojja thakle oder cricket khela saira dea uchit

jahidus200
December 30, 2007, 08:54 PM
we will win test match with this performance.

germany
December 30, 2007, 08:58 PM
mate, there's never gonna be another win unless coach & captain says in press conf
that we are here to win this match, the series, the cup ...

but we're just a low fags - dont have guts - no professionality

sack bcb, everything will be fine afterwards!

Sohel
December 30, 2007, 09:00 PM
You never can tell (could you, at 4:00 AM today?)

Right you are bro ... semper fei ... :)

djnaved
December 30, 2007, 09:01 PM
vettori to hashte hashte mathe goragori koira dichilo.. ki shundor easy 5 ta dismissal mone hoitachilo jeno school cricket choltache..aftab,mushfiq, sakiber out deikha ke bolbe tara talented batsman.

ami jodi ICC'er president hoitam tahole bangladesh tast status kaia nitam.. emon lozzar performance ami jiboneo dekhi nai..

Hatebreed
December 30, 2007, 09:01 PM
It's the worst in recent memory and the quicker I can forget about this the better.

Rubu
December 30, 2007, 09:06 PM
Is this a record? 6 freaking over? Holly $h....

djnaved
December 30, 2007, 09:12 PM
bro it's more than a record.. you see who wants beleive that NZ chase 95 in 6 overs. Our bd bowlers got new talent

tonoy
December 30, 2007, 09:13 PM
surely even the fellow minnows could've done better.

Antora
December 30, 2007, 09:18 PM
this is just sad......ei bochor eto bhalo khello ar bochorer shesh diney eto kharap.... chi chi chi! but then again there's always next time :D
Bangladesh zindabad! :D:D:D:D:D

One World
December 30, 2007, 09:21 PM
[বাংলা]লেখার মত কোন শব্দ পাচ্ছি না, ভাষা হারিয়ে ফেলেছি[/বাংলা]

germany
December 30, 2007, 09:22 PM
here are 3 reasons why ...

1. we've been practicing foreigne pride since 1947; eng, pak, arabic
2. we have tendency to go against law & order in our culture
3. we are playing to go to guinness book record individually, rather than as a team

deshi_evolutionz
December 30, 2007, 09:32 PM
yeh i gess.
shocking.
batting was unsatisfacorty
bowling was unsatisfacorty

djnaved
December 30, 2007, 09:44 PM
Ish, if i was there i could face vettori and Mason very easily.:cool:.. afsos.

Lidcombe
December 30, 2007, 09:48 PM
can we play the 3rd ODI again........plz plz

Miraz
December 30, 2007, 09:53 PM
Is this more painful than the infamous Canada loss in the WC 2003?

Omio
December 30, 2007, 09:58 PM
not at all,
That was more painful.
I didn't get pain at all after today's match, I think 1st match was more painful than today's match. We had a big opportunity to win that match but we failed, so that was painful.
But today.....

sandpiper
December 30, 2007, 10:06 PM
Nope, Durban disaster was more humiliating. At least we lost to a professional (and 3rd ranked team of ICC) kiwi side side who tamed Australia 3-0 in their own backyard earlier this year (they are hungry after collapsing in South Africa and Australia). But the Canadians were simply a bunch of part-timers with near zero experience. :sick:

Lidcombe
December 30, 2007, 10:13 PM
i hope management woudnt allow them to enjoy new yrs eve fireworks tonight

akabir77
December 30, 2007, 10:15 PM
If we continue play players like musfiq, reza, sakib, aftab, zunaied in TEST we will be doomed

Navarene
December 30, 2007, 10:15 PM

(read: speechless)

Miraz
December 30, 2007, 10:29 PM
If we continue play players like musfiq, reza, sakib, aftab, zunaied in TEST we will be doomed

Thank God!! we aren't doomed yet!

Tintin
December 30, 2007, 10:30 PM
Everytime when one thinks Bangladesh cricket has taken a step forward, it jumps five steps back :head:

djnaved
December 30, 2007, 10:37 PM
Bro, I think we should kick all our national team players. We should put under 19 team. they are doing very well than national team. what do you think?

jahidus200
December 30, 2007, 10:42 PM

why dont you pick tushar .i never seen in my life like this kind of bad cricketr.

wiseshah
December 30, 2007, 10:55 PM
What a slap in the face!!!

I cannot take it as just another bad day.

This is an all-round display of poor cricket.

any doubt? i think this is the worst day for any test playing nation against another test playing nation, dont know who should i blame? shame on BD player.

Ganguly da
December 30, 2007, 10:59 PM
wow just read abt BD scores.....and ppl were blaming Dav Whatmore ha! new coach sux, From Rahim to Mash...everyone is out of form

also....where is Nafees?? why didn't he play??? and what happen to brilliant stroke maker Nazimuddin?

BanCricFan
December 30, 2007, 11:07 PM
We just need to organize a series with India. Might help us to get back to form again.

I think WC losses to Canada and Ireland were worse. Also the match when Vaas took 4 wickets in an over.

ialbd
December 30, 2007, 11:09 PM
this is just soo embarassing.... 95 off 6 overs....

how could this become so bad. Even too traumatising for a nightmare....

al Furqaan
December 31, 2007, 12:00 AM
the problems are many.

this series once again highlight that our batsmen do not "know" how to bat in one dayers or in Tests or in T20Is. but we have 3 seperate problems.

in Tests the key is to pick the bad ball and defend the rest or shoulder your arms. the bad balls are the ones you score from. in ODIs, the commies mentioned how we "look for the boundaries" all the time. yes, during the PP its okay to look for some 4s or 6s, but actually running runs is key. whether they are 1s, 2s, or 3s, it doesn't matter. we don't do this, and then pressure builds and we try to hit a 3rd 4 in the over and sky one to midwicket.

in the middle overs, it is paramount to be able to score 5 rpo without any boundaries at all. boundaries should be rare and that should mean that u can score 6 an over in that time. an over should look like this: (.21..3). there were 3 dot balls and no boundaries, yet still 6 runs were taken. that won't always be possible, but an over should look like this at least: (1121.1).

NZ batsmen made the game look so easy. yet they don't have a single player with the batting "talent" we do. their players do not look like stroke makers whereas we have tamim, aftab, and ashraful. but they still got the job done. and they did in bruising fashion.

NZ also ran between the wickets like demons, and they fielded as if their lives depended on it. at times we can also RBW like superstars and field like acrobats, so i'm not so worried about that. but if you want to know why we were clincally mauled, its because the kiwis remember each and every little one of the basics.

RazabQ
December 31, 2007, 12:13 AM
Al, you don't call McCullum a stroke-maker? He disdainfully walked down the pitch to our so-called strike bowlers and hit them all over and out of the park. Didn't cop a single bouncer to his body. I call that plenty stroke-ful.

AsifTheManRahman
December 31, 2007, 12:35 AM
Good thing I was traveling the entire duration of the game and didn't have internet access.

Nocturnal
December 31, 2007, 12:37 AM
Good thing I was traveling the entire duration of the game and didn't have internet access.

lucky you! :(

DotBall
December 31, 2007, 01:24 AM
I am used to digesting this kind of losses for BD cricket, but what I dislike the most are the statements/promises of playing better cricket in the next game by every BD captain. Like it or not we are at the bottom of the ranking and unless we get better our captains should not try to make statements with very little substance behind it. We are better of holding back those unsubstantial optimisms and take one game at a time to improve our standard. Once we can see a sustainable consistency only then we should make those promises.These pre-game talks from our captains are really getting rediculous.

Kabir
December 31, 2007, 01:31 AM
I won't say it's a good thing, but I wasn't following this match closely today. A very bad day for myself and my family.

It's not the worst of all performances. We just have to be patient...playing blame game is easy. Being patient is not.

Dhakablues
December 31, 2007, 01:44 AM
I dont think this is the most painful than losing to Canada. yes, if we lose to Namibia next world cup,, yeah that would be sad.

Losing to NZ with this margin is humilating but its still against a country that can thrash any other team in the world in their own backyard.. Their 6.7 feet players just tamed the 5.3 tigers like Azlaan,, but I dont think this is something the tells the whole story....The night is always the darkest before the dawn...:)

Farhad
December 31, 2007, 01:48 AM
It's not the worst of all performances

Actually, it is. There are three criteria for ranking the results margins: By wickets, by runs, and by balls remaining. This match is the highest we've gone on any of those lists...

By the way, while I'm at it, you guys will be relieved to know that this match is not the most one sided game in history. We're fourth on the list. WOOOOOOOOOT:bravo::joy:

Sigh...

tiger_army
December 31, 2007, 01:51 AM
i have humiliated at work by my collegues --
they have laughed at me and teased me as well --
i cudnt say any single word to defend myself --

Foozy
December 31, 2007, 02:04 AM
I couldn't watch the match today because I had to be at work. I was feeling so bad because I thouhgt that I was missing a great match today. Especiaaly after ash's comments about how they will make a good come back. I got back and first thing before i even opened my clothes or washed my face... I looked at the score.
I am just depressed to say the least. Not pissed. Not pissed one bit, just plain depressed. This is just so damn sad. Too sad to be true.
Surely, all of you guys who saw the match live must be feeling worse.... wow what a day...

Tehsin
December 31, 2007, 02:08 AM
You think this was BAD ? We have two more tests. There will be PLENTY of opportunity to make some world records. Talent er Ketha puri.

Dhakablues
December 31, 2007, 02:24 AM
Forget this Junaed/Tamim/Mushfique,, bring back the Bashar/Pilot/Rafique, else,, The test will end in 1.5 days,,, wanna bet?

Mahir
December 31, 2007, 02:27 AM
[বাংলা]শেষ পচা যার, সব পচা তার[/বাংলা]

Never seen a worse pasting...

Tintin
December 31, 2007, 02:33 AM
You think this was BAD ? We have two more tests. There will be PLENTY of opportunity to make some world records.

1. Zimbabwe is the only team that has lost five Tests in a row by an innings. Bangladesh is currently on four not out.

pocha
December 31, 2007, 02:37 AM
1. Zimbabwe is the only team that has lost five Tests in a row by an innings. Bangladesh is currently on four not out.

Dont worry we will make it 6-0 very soon. We are great in setting world records .

al-Sagar
December 31, 2007, 02:49 AM
worst by BD

i think srilanka chased a zimbabwe score of around 40 in 3-4 overs.

but 95 in 6 overs this is humilaiating. seriuosly humiliating

Spitfire_x86
December 31, 2007, 03:23 AM
NZ batsmen made the game look so easy. yet they don't have a single player with the batting "talent" we do. their players do not look like stroke makers whereas we have tamim, aftab, and ashraful. but they still got the job done. and they did in bruising fashion
Most of us (the fans) have this really bad habit of over hyping our players as much as possible and underrating the opposition players as much as possible. However crappy the Kiwi batting line-up is, it's miles ahead of ours in reality.

1. All of their batsmen average at least 30 to mid 30s, despite being inconsistent. None of them have worse strike rate than our batsmen (excluding Aftab/Ashraful)

2. Ross Taylor already has more ODI centuries than Ashraful despite playing for only 1 year. And he can win matches against Aussies.

3. The talentless bunch of How, Fulton are better than our "talented" Sakib, Mehrab, Rajin in every way.

4. Oram is miles ahead of any BD pacer-allrounder, and probably as good as any BD pacer in terms of effectiveness.

5. McCullum can be labelled as poor man's Gilly, something we don't have yet.

Maybe our players also think like the fans, and probably thats why we are improving so little.

RazabQ
December 31, 2007, 04:36 AM
Spitty - this still just might make the post of the year

abu2abu
December 31, 2007, 04:46 AM
This is the only match in the series I watched live and what a disappointment!

it's not fair to single out individual players, but I think the senior guys like aftab and ashraful need to take their share of the blame. Despite scoring a 50, aftab still looks like he's only in the side for a short cameo. Ash should have made his business to stay until the end of the innings. It's not fair to blame the bowlers as 90 odd is impossible to defend.

Tushar too looked well out of his depth and I think he's pretty close to another long spell in thw wilderness. Aftab too should be left out of ODIs for the near future to give some of the younger lads a chance. I'd persist with the likes of Reza and Junaid though...

Dhakablues
December 31, 2007, 05:14 AM
Yeah,, certainly the scapegoat would be Tusher but I have to ask, what did mashrafee/mushfique/aftab/sakib/forhad/junaed do special? Was it ever a situation where tusher came where he was not under pressure? Offcourse the axe will fall on him... but if we are to really find the root cause of this debacle go no futher than just one word.... responsibility and technique. Aftab/Ashraful/mashrafee never played with their responsiblity, never applied their experience and simply lacked the tecnique to score singles, score in the gaps. With/Without players like Tusher/Pilot,, we will continue but we will not solve the real problem of these debacles.

In Nairobi, we blamed Mashud.. but what was the entire team doing that day? Today, we blame Tusher but what happened to the other "talented" "young" players? Lets stop this non-sensical fingure pointing like Paltan politicians and take the defeat as an 'opportunity' to focus on our improvements than feeding the frenzy.

Roni_uk
December 31, 2007, 05:30 AM
This is not the worst defeat in the history but definitely for Bangldesh. We need to go back to basic, i.e. play more domestic cricket and with the smaller teams like Namibia, usa, malaysia.. then Kenya and Zimbu.

Largest margin of victory (by balls remaining)

England 8 wickets 277 v Canada Manchester 13 Jun 1979 ODI # 67
Sri Lanka 9 wickets 274 v Zimbabwe Colombo (SSC) 8 Dec 2001 ODI # 1776
Sri Lanka 9 wickets 272 v Canada Paarl 19 Feb 2003 ODI # 1958
New Zealand 10 wickets 264 v Bangladesh Queenstown 31 Dec 2007 ODI # 2660
Australia 9 wickets 253 v U.S.A. Southampton 13 Sep 2004 ODI # 2172

lamisa
December 31, 2007, 08:20 AM
CONGRATULATE me guyz!!!!!!!!!!!!amar cable operator sabtv dite pare nai!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!bhaggish,nah oile kishori obosthay heart attak kortam.

Miraz
December 31, 2007, 08:43 AM
This is not the worst defeat in the history but definitely for Bangldesh. We need to go back to basic, i.e. play more domestic cricket and with the smaller teams like Namibia, usa, malaysia.. then Kenya and Zimbu.

Largest margin of victory (by balls remaining)

England 8 wickets 277 v Canada Manchester 13 Jun 1979 ODI # 67
Sri Lanka 9 wickets 274 v Zimbabwe Colombo (SSC) 8 Dec 2001 ODI # 1776
Sri Lanka 9 wickets 272 v Canada Paarl 19 Feb 2003 ODI # 1958
New Zealand 10 wickets 264 v Bangladesh Queenstown 31 Dec 2007 ODI # 2660
Australia 9 wickets 253 v U.S.A. Southampton 13 Sep 2004 ODI # 2172

Zimbabwe loss to Sri Lanka has saved our blushes, other teams are dudh bhat.

rainmaniac
December 31, 2007, 09:24 AM
thank god i missed the game...
i woke up at 9 and turned on sab but there wasnt any sign of a cricket match...but when i changed the channel for news, i was shocked to see the score....
we couldnt even move on to double figures...
but we can do nothing abt it now...
btw... none of the umpires did any injustice today, i hope ...

Spitfire_x86
December 31, 2007, 09:30 AM
Yeah,, certainly the scapegoat would be Tusher but I have to ask, what did mashrafee/mushfique/aftab/sakib/forhad/junaed do special? Was it ever a situation where tusher came where he was not under pressure? Offcourse the axe will fall on him... but if we are to really find the root cause of this debacle go no futher than just one word.... responsibility and technique.
Has he ever delivered in any of those pressure situations? Many times he played at #3, with the same result. Even if he delivered as inconsistently as Ash/Aftab, he wouldn't become automatic choice for scapegoat. He has only himself to blame for that.

zainab
December 31, 2007, 11:55 AM
When Australia defeated them in the World cup, it took more than 5 overs, so I would say that this is their worst defeat against a test team. 2 bad defeats against associate teams were Canada and Ireland.

Beamer
December 31, 2007, 12:14 PM
Yes. This one ranks up there as one of the most embarrassing losses. We need to erase it from our collective memory as soon as possible and that goes to both players and fans. I suggest, we lock away this thread in the basement and only unlock it after we win the WC in four years time to reflect how far we have come. Ok, wishful thinking ..

There is no point in dissecting this match. I would not know where to start and finish. I actually stopped watching it. Its a brand new year and all we can do is start fresh and hope the players will take it personally and battle every ball.

Our problems are plenty. There will be no quick fixes. Technical problems aside, the main area of focus should be on how can we become mentally tough. That is the key to me.

Beamer
December 31, 2007, 12:22 PM
the problems are many.

this series once again highlight that our batsmen do not "know" how to bat in one dayers or in Tests or in T20Is. but we have 3 seperate problems.

in Tests the key is to pick the bad ball and defend the rest or shoulder your arms. the bad balls are the ones you score from. in ODIs, the commies mentioned how we "look for the boundaries" all the time. yes, during the PP its okay to look for some 4s or 6s, but actually running runs is key. whether they are 1s, 2s, or 3s, it doesn't matter. we don't do this, and then pressure builds and we try to hit a 3rd 4 in the over and sky one to midwicket.

in the middle overs, it is paramount to be able to score 5 rpo without any boundaries at all. boundaries should be rare and that should mean that u can score 6 an over in that time. an over should look like this: (.21..3). there were 3 dot balls and no boundaries, yet still 6 runs were taken. that won't always be possible, but an over should look like this at least: (1121.1).

NZ batsmen made the game look so easy. yet they don't have a single player with the batting "talent" we do. their players do not look like stroke makers whereas we have tamim, aftab, and ashraful. but they still got the job done. and they did in bruising fashion.

NZ also ran between the wickets like demons, and they fielded as if their lives depended on it. at times we can also RBW like superstars and field like acrobats, so i'm not so worried about that. but if you want to know why we were clincally mauled, its because the kiwis remember each and every little one of the basics.

Asad

I rate McCullum as one of those exceptional players in the Gilchrist mode. He is a great striker of the ball. He was my TP 1 ( target ), followed by Styris, who is as good as any one day batsman in the world. Oram is one of the finest all rounders. Their other batsmen, namely, How, Fulton, Taylor, Sinclair, collectively, are better than all of our batsmen sans Ash. Bowling wise, Vettori is one of the best middle over bowlers in the world. His one day record speaks for himself. New Zealand was always one of the better one day sides in the world in last six years. Consider the quality one day players that have retired : Flemming, Nathan Astle, Craig Mc Millan, Chris Cairns..

Miraz
December 31, 2007, 12:27 PM
Most of us (the fans) have this really bad habit of over hyping our players as much as possible and underrating the opposition players as much as possible. However crappy the Kiwi batting line-up is, it's miles ahead of ours in reality.

1. All of their batsmen average at least 30 to mid 30s, despite being inconsistent. None of them have worse strike rate than our batsmen (excluding Aftab/Ashraful)

2. Ross Taylor already has more ODI centuries than Ashraful despite playing for only 1 year. And he can win matches against Aussies.

3. The talentless bunch of How, Fulton are better than our "talented" Sakib, Mehrab, Rajin in every way.

4. Oram is miles ahead of any BD pacer-allrounder, and probably as good as any BD pacer in terms of effectiveness.

Maybe our players also think like the fans, and probably thats why we are improving so little.

Could not agree more.

Agree with RazabQ.

taklima_naj
December 31, 2007, 12:31 PM
any doubt? i think this is the worst day for any test playing nation against another test playing nation, dont know who should i blame? shame on BD player.

Yeah, its true. In the first match I was really shocked as I was expecting definitely a win, after that I didnt have that hope to win however yesterday I couldnt believe my eyes what I was watching. was spechhless, shocked.

waiting for that day when our players will shine again.

Tigers_eye
December 31, 2007, 12:35 PM
Geeez!! Ato frustrated hoiley ki bhabey hobey?

Look at the bright sides folks..

19 ball 50 is not a record last checked. At least the fastest century wasn't scored against BD team. Thank you BD batsmen for not scoring another 23 more runs. Good strategy!!

Every player had enough time left for a 18 hole round. Some fast players like McCullam may have squeazed 36 holes who knows.

Finally, (seriously) McCullam's innings was a freak one. One can not judge the degree of defeat by that. You don't see Australia judging ran a ball 100 of Ash like that. Look at How's score. 7 runs only. The pitch had juice on it. Just that McCullam went out there and tried to have fun. Wasn't he dropped once?

Forget this event and move on.

BD Tigers
December 31, 2007, 01:36 PM
after watching the Thrashing, i did not want to come near the computer. I watched movies and NFL football. Now a nite after I am reading all yr comments and re-living the nightmare.

Murad
December 31, 2007, 02:29 PM
Bangladesh captain Mohammad Ashraful, who top-scored with 25 off 31 balls however did not blame the pitch.

“No excuses. We just played very poor cricket today. We would have also fielded probably if I had won the toss but there was nothing out of the ordinary in that pitch. They just bowled in a channel and we capitulated,” said Ashraful who was still hopeful about the Test series that starts in four days.

“The batsmen have generally looked comfortable here and they are letting go the balls nicely in the centre and also in practice. That auger well for the longer version games.”

Coach Jamie Siddons felt the performance today was inexplicable.

“It’s very hard to describe that performance and why that happened so badly but it happened. I’m not sure where it came from but we are embarrassed by it and it’s a big, big loss and I don’t think I have ever been associated with one so bad,” Siddons said. The coach nevertheless thought that this disappointment was part of a growing process.

“When I took the job I knew that we were not competitive with the top four-five sides in the world on a regular basis. These are young boys who will have good days and bad days and as a young player I know what kind of mistakes they can make. We just need to continue working harder.”

Siddons said New Zealand’s ploy of playing on the patience of the Bangladeshi batsmen worked out perfectly.

“I don’t think they wanted to bowl us out today. They were more consistent and put the ball in the right areas to make scoring very difficult for us and then the batsmen made mistakes under pressure.”

With the arrival of experienced Habibul Bashar, Shahriar Nafees Ahmed and Enamul Haque Jr. for the Test series Siddons believed the Tigers can come back with dignity if they can become a bit more predictable.

“We are capable of anything. We can respond really well or we can capitulate. The consistency is what we are seeking. The three players have joined us today and had their nets. Among them Bashar is a proven player of the short ball and is almost certain to come at three.

“We were badly exposed today and that is good for me also because that means we have a lot more work to do and it gives me a lot more ammunition to remind the players that they can’t stop working hard.”
tigercricket (http://www.tigercricket.com/viewNews.aspx?newsID=485)

sandpiper
December 31, 2007, 02:36 PM
পিচের কোন দোষ নাই। ক্যারিসব্রুক এর পিচ আরো বাউন্সি হবে। আহম্মকগুলি ভেট্টরির বলই খেলতে পারে না।

Rifat
December 31, 2007, 02:44 PM
we have every right to bash these money suckers.... i mean yesterday, no offense to anybody, but they showed every reason why we should not support bangladesh...

Dhakablues
December 31, 2007, 02:51 PM
I think we just expect too much from a team that is really not all that great. Barring Ashraful there are NO players that can match the top quality players in the world. Frankly, I do recall what Watmore used to say,, we are in the process of creating match winners,, we are not there yet. He was right. We are what we are,, the number 9 team in the world and yesterday proved that once more. Thats the crude fact.

Sovik
December 31, 2007, 02:54 PM
things couldn't get any worse. 93 allout and loosing by 10 wickets.

that happened to us before but loosing in 6 overs. what were they doing. if only shahadat could take the catch

Rifat
December 31, 2007, 02:55 PM
there is a solution to these problems...

1. we should not be interested in any players to perform, rather the player should himself be interested to contribute. players who work hard and would do anything to stay in the team and in form... those are the players we want!!!

2. no offense to Sohel NR, but i thought opening "Junaed Siddique, next superstar..." thread was a bit too early. it just goes to show how everyone hates Javed here... shame :(, after this series, i propose that Junaed goes back to Bangladesh and play domestic league/A team or overseas for at least three more years before making a comeback to the team.

3. Shahriar Nafees should be brought back, if and only if he is willing to contribute towards team success.

why blame the bowlers? why should we even think about defending 62, 93, or 55? we need some solid selection policy in BCB.

pick players who has played at least 60+ domestic matches and has performed reasonably consistently with average around 30-35ish would sound o.k. not pick some rookie who scored a century and fades away after short spark-plug!!! why blame players if they are still in the learning process...

other solution would bee to stop hoping for a victory, not care anymore, keep the same squad we have now, and despite how they perform, keep the same losers and make them winners by 2011, that is the only other way i see it.

Russell2k7
December 31, 2007, 03:06 PM

Checkmate!! Just one wicket keepers from each of the team can mop the floor with our team which includes: McCullum, Dhoni, Sangakkara, Gilchrist, yes and even Boucher.

It's not the worst of all performances. We just have to be patient...playing blame game is easy. Being patient is not.
This was the worst of all performances relating to ODI. What you dont think making a world record constitute to a worst ODI performance?

Rifat
December 31, 2007, 03:19 PM
we need players who wants to play the whole 50 overs... i am tired of seeing good effort go to waste... happens just about every time!

zainab
December 31, 2007, 03:36 PM
I have often said to expect the worst but hope for the best. Well, this is what happened. i had very bad vibes, that is the reason I never logged on once to the forum, I felt it in my heart that Bangladesh will get a good thrashing. They should have changed the team, Nz already knew what to look for. I am surprised at the coach, management and captain. They should have played Omar, nafees and Sajidul.hOW WORSE COULD IT HAVE BEEN? Well, it is all water under the bridge now, the damage has been done now, now major repairs are needed, but if one believe in fairy tales, then our team need a guardian angel very badly.

hoodlum
December 31, 2007, 03:42 PM
we should quit da tour now !!

akabir77
December 31, 2007, 03:59 PM
I have often said to expect the worst but hope for the best. Well, this is what happened. i had very bad vibes, that is the reason I never logged on once to the forum, I felt it in my heart that Bangladesh will get a good thrashing. They should have changed the team, Nz already knew what to look for. I am surprised at the coach, management and captain. They should have played Omar, nafees and Sajidul.hOW WORSE COULD IT HAVE BEEN? Well, it is all water under the bridge now, the damage has been done now, now major repairs are needed, but if one believe in fairy tales, then our team need a guardian angel very badly.

I suggest UDEY HOSSAIN as Guardian Angel. I bet he can beat the hell out of these players...

Nocturnal
December 31, 2007, 04:12 PM
I suggest UDEY HOSSAIN as Guardian Angel. I bet he can beat the hell out of these players...

but it didn't work though....they only won the cup this year! :)