PDA

View Full Version : preparation for SOUTH AFRICA's TOUR to bangladesh.

al-Sagar
December 31, 2007, 03:15 AM
the newzealand tour ends at and 16 jan. and i am not in a mood talk anymore about the NZ cricket as i expect two more heavy innings defeat in the test matches.

now the SA home series starts on 22 feb . So there is 1 month time to get ready.

what to do ?

1. call around 30-40 cricketers who have done consistently enough in the ncl
2. let siddons have a good look at them and select the team.
the most important ... ...
3. organize some matches WHERE THERE WILL BE NO RUN COUNTED FOR HITTING 4's and 6's. singles, doubles and triples will only be counted. any4ay 4's will be counted when only fielder at deep misfields. otherwise fielder will let the ball go for 4 so that opponents dont get run.

Dhakablues
December 31, 2007, 05:25 AM
So instead of a Mash potato result,, we can expect an Alu Bhorta result,,, !! cynical, ahhh,, what happened to us today, Celucas!!

Roni_uk
December 31, 2007, 05:34 AM
We are playing SA next??.. o com on, this is just torture! Our cricket performance is poorer than what it was last year or pre-WC.

Moshin
December 31, 2007, 07:14 AM
We will get done by the Proteas much worser than we did by the Kiwis.

zainab
December 31, 2007, 07:15 AM
Playing South Africa who humiliated NZ who has just humiliated BD, What more torture than a team go through?
BD just does not have matured players(age wise) all young boys inc. teenagers and most of all
of cricketing experience. They should play more 4 day domestic cricket, score over 1500 runs in 2 years to be selected in the National team. Even their domestic structure is not that great. Bowlers should play at least for 2 years too and within that time take over 50 wickets. If that is the incentive, then BD will see more quality players in the National side.
BCB has to do something very quickly to rectify this situation.

lamisa
December 31, 2007, 08:09 AM
Playing South Africa who humiliated NZ who has just humiliated BD, What more torture than a team go through?
BD just does not have matured players(age wise) all young boys inc. teenagers and most of all
of cricketing experience. They should play more 4 day domestic cricket, score over 1500 runs in 2 years to be selected in the National team. Even their domestic structure is not that great. Bowlers should play at least for 2 years too and within that time take over 50 wickets. If that is the incentive, then BD will see more quality players in the National side.
BCB has to do something very quickly to rectify this situation.

datz a gud idea but den u vl b missin out on bd cricket 4 letz say da nxt 10 yrz.

al-Sagar
December 31, 2007, 09:31 AM
the difference is both times away teams are humiliated. this time SA are away side.

but ... ....

BanCricFan
December 31, 2007, 10:01 AM
3. organize some matches WHERE THERE WILL BE NO RUN COUNTED FOR HITTING 4's and 6's. singles, doubles and triples will only be counted. any4ay 4's will be counted when only fielder at deep misfields. otherwise fielder will let the ball go for 4 so that opponents dont get run.

I like this! You might be onto something! All those booming drives will disapear and in will come soft hands and RBW.

We need sporting wickets in Bangladesh if we are to get our batters out from "stand and deliver" mode. Full stop.

abu2abu
December 31, 2007, 10:39 AM
Can you imagine dale steyn bowling against our boys? He's gonna have a field day, as if his birthday's come early...

I think the BCB needs to look seriously at how to get as many of our boys as possible playing in foreign leagues. This experience (in addition to A team and U19 cricket) will help the players develop a professional outlook and a method of playing in different conditions...

al-Sagar
December 31, 2007, 11:13 AM
bangladesh A team has tour at ENGLAND

i think lot of the current team should be in that A squad

zainab
December 31, 2007, 12:27 PM
bangladesh A team has tour at ENGLAND

i think lot of the current team should be in that A squad

I agree! If the National team is not playing any international matches during this time, a few promising players should be in this team, but I think that they are touring australia who will massacre them the way they are doing with India now and as they have done with SL and NZ recently.

Nafi
December 31, 2007, 01:19 PM
The difference is that BD have the huge home advantage (guyana conditions revistited)

We just got to have a strong top heavy spin attack, we need to prepare a good offspinner for this series, (mahmudullah riyad is the best option.)

al Furqaan
December 31, 2007, 02:50 PM
We will get done by the Proteas much worser than we did by the Kiwis.

95 chased in 6? can't get any worser than that...

as always, i remain upbeat.

Russell2k7
December 31, 2007, 03:11 PM
95 chased in 6? can't get any worser than that...

as always, i remain upbeat.
AB de Villiers and Gibbs is much more worse. They would have probably chased that in 4 overs or so.

Rifat
December 31, 2007, 03:14 PM
one simple solution... BOOT CAMP!

Eshen
December 31, 2007, 03:48 PM
There will be hardly a month between the NZ tour and the SA series. Except for few days break, Siddons should be given the full stretch of time to work on our players.

I like the idea of calling thirty some players to the camp and let Siddons have a good look at them. May be we can reduce the squad to 20 members after couple of weeks.

Players I want to be called to the camp -

Openers: SN, NI, Tamim, Zunaed, Imrul

Middle Order: Ash, Aftab, Tushar, Alok, Mehrab, Nazim, Rajin, HB (this should be his farewell series).

Allrounders: Shakib, Farhad, Riyad

Keepers: Mashud, Mushfiq, Dhiman

Spinners: Razzak, Enamul, Mosharraf, Rafique (this should he his farewell series too)

Pacers: Mash, Shahadat, Sajid, Talha, Mahbub (Robin), Rasel (hope he will recover in time)

Dollar will have to miss out because of his commitment to U/19 team. A big NO for JO to be anywhere near the team anymore.

I don't expect much from Talha, Mosharraf, or Robin, but those guys should get a look based on their NCL performances. Plus you need few extra bowlers in a camp.

Gowza
December 31, 2007, 06:30 PM
my 30 man squad would include a lot of youngsters not ready for national selection yet but could do with the coaching and to get them in that sort of environment. something like this (was pretty hard to cut it down tbh):

SN, NI, tamim, zunaed, imrul, gazi salahuddin, jahirul islam, nazmus sadat, ashraful, aftab ahmed, alok kapali, mehrab jr, nazimuddin, rajin saleh, naeem islam, raqibul hasan, shakib, farhad reza, riyad, nazmul hossain milon, mashud, mushfiq rahim, dhiman, razzak, enamul jr, rafique, mash, shahadat, sajid, rasel (talha to replace rasel if rasel can't make it) and any available youngsters e.g. rubel hossain, dolar, subashis roy, marshall ayub

that's a few more than 30 (if you include the available youngsters if there are any) and obviously alot of the players there wouldn't even make a 20 man squad just yet. but i'd take these players for a couple of weeks then cut it down to a 20 or 15 man squad.

Pundit
December 31, 2007, 06:42 PM
the newzealand tour ends at and 16 jan. and i am not in a mood talk anymore about the NZ cricket as i expect two more heavy innings defeat in the test matches.

now the SA home series starts on 22 feb . So there is 1 month time to get ready.

what to do ?

Another hair trigger genius taking up ISP bandwidth.

What makes you sure that if you cannot whether this storm the next one will be any better?

al Furqaan
December 31, 2007, 06:44 PM
AB de Villiers and Gibbs is much more worse. They would have probably chased that in 4 overs or so.

most idiotic of statements.

gilly and afridi would have chased that in negative 20 overs.

see how stupid it sounds?

Russell2k7
December 31, 2007, 07:41 PM
most idiotic of statements.

gilly and afridi would have chased that in negative 20 overs.

see how stupid it sounds?
Of course that sounds stupid for various reasons. First of all, it's impossible to chase that in -20.0 overs. Second of all, the thread was about South Africa. Gilly and Afridi is not in the same team.
What I said wasn't idiotic because the way we were playing in that game South Africa could make it much worse than the Kiwis meaning they would most likely chase that in less than six overs.
Finally AB de Villiers + Gibbs is just as lethal as Gilly + Afridi.

al Furqaan
December 31, 2007, 07:55 PM
Of course that sounds stupid for various reasons. First of all, it's impossible to chase that in -20.0 overs. Second of all, the thread was about South Africa. Gilly and Afridi is not in the same team.
What I said wasn't idiotic because the way we were playing in that game South Africa could make it much worse than the Kiwis meaning they would most likely chase that in less than six overs.
Finally AB de Villiers + Gibbs is just as lethal as Gilly + Afridi.

gilly and afridi most certainly play on the same team!

and why not saying that AB and gibbs can chase in a single over???

quit acting like 95 is routinely chased in 6 overs

Russell2k7
December 31, 2007, 08:22 PM
gilly and afridi most certainly play on the same team!

and why not saying that AB and gibbs can chase in a single over???

quit acting like 95 is routinely chased in 6 overs
oh yeah and which team is that? Chasing 95 in a single over is impossible. When did I say that 95 is routinely chased. I was merely asserting that don't be too surprised if the Saffers manage to break the Kiwis record against us.

Eshen
January 1, 2008, 01:40 AM
my 30 man squad would include a lot of youngsters not ready for national selection yet but could do with the coaching and to get them in that sort of environment. something like this (was pretty hard to cut it down tbh):

SN, NI, tamim, zunaed, imrul, gazi salahuddin, jahirul islam, nazmus sadat, ashraful, aftab ahmed, alok kapali, mehrab jr, nazimuddin, rajin saleh, naeem islam, raqibul hasan, shakib, farhad reza, riyad, nazmul hossain milon, mashud, mushfiq rahim, dhiman, razzak, enamul jr, rafique, mash, shahadat, sajid, rasel (talha to replace rasel if rasel can't make it) and any available youngsters e.g. rubel hossain, dolar, subashis roy, marshall ayub

that's a few more than 30 (if you include the available youngsters if there are any) and obviously alot of the players there wouldn't even make a 20 man squad just yet. but i'd take these players for a couple of weeks then cut it down to a 20 or 15 man squad.
Although BD middle order is currently struggling in NZ, I still think selectors should stick with batsmen that are already inducted in the national team. Siddons should now have a fairly good idea what are the strength and weakness of Shakib, Mehrab, Tushar, etc and the break before the SA series gives him the opportunity to work on them.

So, I don't see any need to rush Raqib and Naeem in the national team set up yet. Those two came in the academy set up just last summer, and I think it will be better if they spend another summer with the academy. The A-team will tour England this coming July-August, provided those guys will be selected, the tour should give us a better idea about the quality of the players.

Gowza
January 1, 2008, 01:43 AM
Although BD middle order is currently struggling in NZ, I still think selectors should stick with batsmen that are already inducted in the national team. Siddons should now have a fairly good idea what are the strength and weakness of Shakib, Mehrab, Tushar, etc and the break before the SA series gives him the opportunity to work on them.

So, I don't see any need to rush Raqib and Naeem in the national team set up yet. Those two came in the academy set up just last summer, and I think it will be better if they spend another summer with the academy. The A-team will tour England this coming July-August, provided those guys will be selected, the tour should give us a better idea about the quality of the players.

imo there's no problem with introducing them to national training camps, just don't select them for the 15 man squads yet. it's never too early for players to train under the best coaches in the country.

rainmaniac
January 1, 2008, 02:43 AM

then they will start playing twenty20 instead of odi
the boot camp makes them stronger only physically but they need to get stronger mentally.

Gowza
January 1, 2008, 03:12 AM
then they will start playing twenty20 instead of odi
the boot camp makes them stronger only physically but they need to get stronger mentally.

a great benefit from boot camps is the mental toughness they get out of it. boot camp is tough, at least it's meant to be and when things get tough you look for support from the people around you. in a cricket teams case that's your teammates, when your teammates support you you form a greater bond when you form a greater bond there's better chemistry and undertanding. on top of that getting through a tough activity like a boot camp makes you believe you can get through anything. this along with the physical benefits is why boot camps are a good activity for sports teams.

BD-Shardul
January 1, 2008, 03:23 AM
Bhai, age NZ series ta sesh hok...

lamisa
January 1, 2008, 03:47 AM
:mad:pheww,gorom dhua bair hoitese dekhi./:)oh yeah and which team is that? Chasing 95 in a single over is impossible. When did I say that 95 is routinely chased. I was merely asserting that don't be too surprised if the Saffers manage to break the Kiwis record against us.

Electrequiem
January 1, 2008, 04:03 AM
As a start, Mashrafee Bin Mortaza can try losing some weight.

Some of our boys should join him too.

Foozy
January 1, 2008, 04:55 AM
LMAO! Hilarious thread! I don't think there is any need for any such thing just yet. Maybe sometime in the future. I think we are all just getting a little worked up here due to our heavy losses.

JS just got charge. He doesn't even know the players well enough yet! He hasn't seen them play against quality opposition before this. And now he has seen their weaknesses (as he himself also mentioned) its something he can use to work on their abilities and shots, to better prepare them.

There are a couple of simple things and a couple of more complicated things as we all can also see. For example most of our "quality" batsmen got out in that last odi playing short balls, and/or just outside offstump.

We have already seen him improve them so much in such a short time. I guess most of us can agree here that they did play the bounce factor exceptionally well this time around unlike most other times, when even ash gets out due to not being able to play the extra bounce!

Give him some more time with the given bunch for now. Let him get to the others later, regardless of how talented they are for a while, that would be my call...

damalChele
January 1, 2008, 05:03 AM
The team management is focused on not getting humiliated in Test arena. There are more twists to follow in this tour in terms of breaking records.

We could prepare ourselves for the SA tour by taking both Test matches to fifthday. That should be the ultimate test for our boys.

Sohel
January 1, 2008, 06:42 AM
No matter how he prepares for the SA series, he'll need a good pool of players to assess and develop over the next two years. Hence, this post.

I think we FINALLY have an assertive coach who will not tolerate technically deficient players, or those lacking in "fundamentals" as he calls it. Especially if they don't have youth on their side and cannot improve under his guidance, I expect them to be swiftly managed out of the loop. I don't think we'll see Golla or Tushar again in the team, and after he gets his 3000, HaBa for that matter. I don't think HaBa, who has managed to do NOTHING special of late including in the NCL, has anything more to give to our cricket except his age-old compulsions. I expect NOTHING from him in New Zealand BTW, so anything is a bonus.

I hope Rajin and Mehrab among others learn to rotate the strike better under his guidance and become more than stop gap measures, and Farhad Reza continues to improve. Blocking half-volleys and full-tosses will spell disaster for Rajin and even the technically more sound Mehrab. I also hope he can help Shahriar Nafees, also ordinary in the NCL save that difficult but nonetheless small century AFTER the ODI team had already left for NZL, and Nafees Iqbal overcome some of their issues and make them better prepared for International cricket.

Temperament-wise, I don't know what Coach Siddons can do but he obviously has to do a lot with all of our players except Ash, Mushy and now Zunaed. He'll need to work on both Ash and young Zunaed on their shot selection, and work closely with an improving Tamim and Aftab to help them develop better temperament. That said, they have visibly improved in that area also. No comments on Mashrafe, Shakib and Mushy at this point.

It would be interesting to see what he can do to help a player like Alok Kapali, having an ordinary NCL save a remarkable and error-free (according to Shahriar Nafees, the opposition Captain on the field) 168 against one of the better bowling attacks in the league. Alok is a technically gifted player who just can't seem to make that all-important transition into the highest level, and if Coach Siddons cannot help him help himself, I'm afraid he'll remain an enigma and keep himself out of the team. His ordinary NCL performance when it really "counted" this year, after you drop the highest and lowest scores, didn't help his cause any as he was justifiably kept out of the New Zealand tour. Maybe some of the other selections were not justified either, but then again, Alok is held to a higher standard simply because all of us - friend, foe and the fair minded alike - expect more from him.

I'd have the coach make his own assessments from an early camp consisted of the following players for the South Africa series, and choose develop what needs according to his plans for our future.

Openers: -

1. Tamim Iqbal (Temperament issues)
2. Zunaed Siddique (Shot selection issues)
3. Shahriar Nafees (Footwork issues)
4. Nafees Iqbal (Shot selection issues)
5. Imrul Kayes (Technically sound newbie)
6. Jahurul Islam (Temperament issues, newbie)

Top Order: -

7. Mohammad Ashraful (Shot selection issues)
8. Aftab Ahmed (Temperament issues)
9. Mohammad Nazimuddin (Footwork and psychological issues)
10. Mehrab Hossain Jr (Strike rotation and psychological issues)
11. Rokibul Hassan (Technically sound newbie)
12. Rajin Saleh (Footwork, strike rotation and psychological issues)
14. Ehsanul Haq (Footwork and psychological issues)

All-rounders: -

15. Alok Kapali (Psychological issues)
16. Abul Bashar (Rana-type newbie, I really like this guy)
17. MH Rubel (Not as good as Rana-type newbie)
18. Mahmudullah Riyad (Not as good as Rana-type newbie)
19. Shakib Al Hasan (Needs cleaner technique, psychological issues)
20. Farhad Reza (Continues to improve in all areas, a definite keeper for the shorter versions of cricket)
21. Nazmul Hossain Milon (Temperament issues, newbie)

Bowlers (No comments): -

22. Mashrafe Bin Mortaza
23. Syed Rasel
24. Shahadat Hossain
25. Sajidul Islam
26. Mohammad Rafique
27. Abdur Razzak
28. Enamul Haque Jr
29. Dollar Mahmud
30. Ziaur Rahman
31. Talha Jubair
32. Saju Dutt

Wicket Keepers (no comments):-

33. Khaled Mashud (Tests)
34. Mushfiqur Rahim (ODIs, test batting)
35. Dhiman Ghosh

If this pool of 35 players stay together, follow directions and continue to improve, we'll see better results over the next 2-3 years Inshallah when guys like Suman Saha, Marshall Ayub, Nayeem Islam, Nazmus Sadat, Ghazi Salahuddin, Golam Rahman, Golam Mabud, Imtiaz Hossain, Rubel Hossain, Nadif Choudhury, Mohammad Shahzada, Shahin Hossain, Shubhashish Roy, Saghir Hossain, and Ronnie Talukdar start to come into the pool over the next 3-5 years.

al Furqaan
January 1, 2008, 07:05 AM
top post, sohel bhai...deserves its own thread (highest chance of greatest exposure)

i especially liked the parenthetical categorization of the batsmen, will come in handy for JS.

btw, is raqibul hasan a technically sound batsmen?

i had trouble believing you about tamim, yet was surprised to see that tamim had improved his technique manyfold since the last time we saw him. i credit that to his 50 and 43 in successive matches

Sohel
January 1, 2008, 07:13 AM
... btw, is raqibul hasan a technically sound batsmen?

i had trouble believing you about tamim, yet was surprised to see that tamim had improved his technique manyfold since the last time we saw him. i credit that to his 50 and 43 in successive matches

Thanks Asaad, very kind.

I watched Rokibul closely during Barisal's matches against Dhaka and was impressed by his technique and temperament although he didn't score much. I'd love to see him improve over the next few years and make a strong case for his inclusion into the senior side in 5 years.

Tamim will continue to improve faster than we anticipate.

Rifat
January 1, 2008, 07:18 AM
any4ay 4's will be counted when only fielder at deep misfields. otherwise fielder will let the ball go for 4 so that opponents dont get run.

a horrible idea, why? because the fielders wil kick the ball to the boundary and the bowlers will keep giving them bad deliveries so they consistently hit sixes/fours... not a great idea :(

in the end, noone will get a single run!

israr
January 1, 2008, 08:14 AM
No matter how he prepares for the SA series, he'll need a good pool of players to assess and develop over the next two years. Hence, this post.

I think we FINALLY have an assertive coach who will not tolerate technically deficient players, or those lacking in "fundamentals" as he calls it. Especially if they don't have youth on their side and cannot improve under his guidance, I expect them to be swiftly managed out of the loop. I don't think we'll see Golla or Tushar again in the team, and after he gets his 3000, HaBa for that matter. I don't think HaBa, who has managed to do NOTHING special of late including in the NCL, has anything more to give to our cricket except his age-old compulsions. I expect NOTHING from him in New Zealand BTW, so anything is a bonus.

I hope Rajin and Mehrab among others learn to rotate the strike better under his guidance and become more than stop gap measures, and Farhad Reza continues to improve. Blocking half-volleys and full-tosses will spell disaster for Rajin and even the technically more sound Mehrab. I also hope he can help Shahriar Nafees, also ordinary in the NCL save that difficult but nonetheless small century AFTER the ODI team had already left for NZL, and Nafees Iqbal overcome some of their issues and make them better prepared for International cricket.

Temperament-wise, I don't know what Coach Siddons can do but he obviously has to do a lot with all of our players except Ash, Mushy and now Zunaed. He'll need to work on both Ash and young Zunaed on their shot selection, and work closely with an improving Tamim and Aftab to help them develop better temperament. That said, they have visibly improved in that area also. No comments on Mashrafe, Shakib and Mushy at this point.

It would be interesting to see what he can do to help a player like Alok Kapali, having an ordinary NCL save a remarkable and error-free (according to Shahriar Nafees, the opposition Captain on the field) 168 against one of the better bowling attacks in the league. Alok is a technically gifted player who just can't seem to make that all-important transition into the highest level, and if Coach Siddons cannot help him help himself, I'm afraid he'll remain an enigma and keep himself out of the team. His ordinary NCL performance when it really "counted" this year, after you drop the highest and lowest scores, didn't help his cause any as he was justifiably kept out of the New Zealand tour. Maybe some of the other selections were not justified either, but then again, Alok is held to a higher standard simply because all of us - friend, foe and the fair minded alike - expect more from him.

I'd have the coach make his own assessments from an early camp consisted of the following players for the South Africa series, and choose develop what needs according to his plans for our future.

20. Farhad Reza (Continues to improve in all areas, a definite keeper for the shorter versions of cricket)

22. Mashrafe Bin Mortaza
23. Syed Rasel
24. Shahadat Hossain
25. Sajidul Islam
26. Mohammad Rafique
27. Abdur Razzak
28. Enamul Haque Jr
29. Dollar Mahmud
30. Ziaur Rahman
31. Talha Jubair
32. Saju Dutt

35. Dhiman Ghosh

If this pool of 35 players stay together, follow directions and continue to improve, we'll see better results over the next 2-3 years Inshallah when guys like Suman Saha, Marshall Ayub, Nayeem Islam, Nazmus Sadat, Ghazi Salahuddin, Golam Rahman, Golam Mabud, Imtiaz Hossain, Rubel Hossain, Nadif Choudhury, Mohammad Shahzada, Shahin Hossain, Shubhashish Roy, Saghir Hossain, and Ronnie Talukdar start to come into the pool over the next 3-5 years.

Sohel bhai, why don't you becomee the assistant coach atleast, brillinant stuff:wow:!

Sovik
January 1, 2008, 08:43 AM
let us worry about current series. not sure whether i will follow south afrcia tour or not

Sohel
January 1, 2008, 12:25 PM
Sohel bhai, why don't you becomee the assistant coach atleast, brillinant stuff:wow:!

Coach? Moi? No way bro, but a talent scout with a checklist and a speed gun working for a coach, DEFINITELY after I retire ... :)

Thanks for the kind words BTW.

Sovik
January 1, 2008, 12:26 PM
Coach? Moi? No way bro, but a talent scout with a check-list and a speed gun working for a coach, DEFINITELY after I retire ... :)

Thanks for the kind words BTW.

i will hold the speed gun for you

Sohel
January 1, 2008, 12:32 PM
i will hold the speed gun for you

:) ... Actually I'm thinking seriously about creating a group of scouts one of these days working with a checklist developed by good coaches to assess talent, technical soundness and the ability to learn. When I do, Ehsen, Arito, Beamer and you among others will definitely hear from me ... :)

Nafi
January 1, 2008, 12:54 PM
:) ... Actually I'm thinking seriously about creating a group of scouts one of these days working with a checklist developed by good coaches to assess talent, technical soundness and the ability to learn. When I do, Ehsen, Arito, Beamer and you among others will definitely hear from me ... :)

you should swing by and check out one of my matches, season starts in march ;)

and be prepared to see me make stumps go cartwheelin :wave:, once the strumps when flying and hit a close slip (he was there for the slower ball] he 'dropped' a catch off my bowling after that. :lol:

Sovik
January 1, 2008, 01:14 PM

i would like to work for Bangladesh cricket

damalChele
January 1, 2008, 01:23 PM
I would like to be the assistant speed gun holder.

Murad
January 1, 2008, 02:17 PM
I would like to be the assistant speed gun holder.

Kaake shoot korte hobe??

Gowza
January 1, 2008, 03:43 PM

22. Mashrafe Bin Mortaza
23. Syed Rasel
24. Shahadat Hossain
25. Sajidul Islam
26. Mohammad Rafique
27. Abdur Razzak
28. Enamul Haque Jr
29. Dollar Mahmud
30. Ziaur Rahman
31. Talha Jubair
32. Saju Dutt

35. Dhiman Ghosh

i agree with the concept but disagree with some of the players named in the 3-5 year group, especially the older players because it will probably take them a good 3 years to get to a level where they'll be successful internationally from when they hit the national pool of players. this would mean someone like gazi salahuddin or golam mabud who are 23 would be 26 at the earliest and won't be completely ready until they're around 29. not only does this lessen how much top service they can give to BD cricket (they have less cricket left in them) but it also means BD are missing out on some of their peak years.imo start getting the 20-25 year olds ready now so that their peak years will be utilised more fully.

MohammedC
January 1, 2008, 03:56 PM

you mean like this

http://www.summersdale.com/images/Real-Kicking.jpg

Xavier
January 1, 2008, 04:06 PM
I'm really looking forward to this series... I hope the selectors will call Rafique back in the team!
And what about Rasel? Will he recover form injury?

Sohel
January 1, 2008, 04:18 PM
i agree with the concept but disagree with some of the players named in the 3-5 year group, especially the older players because it will probably take them a good 3 years to get to a level where they'll be successful internationally from when they hit the national pool of players. this would mean someone like gazi salahuddin or golam mabud who are 23 would be 26 at the earliest and won't be completely ready until they're around 29. not only does this lessen how much top service they can give to BD cricket (they have less cricket left in them) but it also means BD are missing out on some of their peak years.imo start getting the 20-25 year olds ready now so that their peak years will be utilised more fully.

I see your point, but IMHO guys like Ghazi Salahuddin and Golam Mabud would probably play their best around the age of 28 after becoming more consistent, experienced NCL performers with 30 more FC matches to their résumé.

Gowza
January 1, 2008, 04:34 PM
I see your point, but IMHO guys like Ghazi Salahuddin and Golam Mabud would probably play their best around the age of 28 after becoming more consistent, experienced NCL performers with 30 more FC matches to their résumé.

i agree with that, well i agree with not putting them in the starting line-up until their mid to late 20s, but when i say start getting them ready i just mean taking them to training camps and maybe taking them on tour for the experience, maybe playing them in a warm-up match but not putting them in the starting XI for an official series match. just to ease them into the international level, basically do it step by step is what i'm saying as opposed to atm where they kind of just thrown in the deep end.

Sohel
January 1, 2008, 04:39 PM
i agree with that, well i agree with not putting them in the starting line-up until their mid to late 20s, but when i say start getting them ready i just mean taking them to training camps and maybe taking them on tour for the experience, maybe playing them in a warm-up match but not putting them in the starting XI for an official series match. just to ease them into the international level, basically do it step by step is what i'm saying as opposed to atm where they kind of just thrown in the deep end.

They (Ghazi Salhuddin, Golam Rahman, Golam Mabud and Imtiaz Hossain) have a few technical issues that need to be rectified through coaching and match-play. I'm hoping Coach Siddions gets to see these guys in action, something I expect to see happen next season, and helps them at whatever capacity.

Gowza
January 1, 2008, 06:25 PM
They (Ghazi Salhuddin, Golam Rahman, Golam Mabud and Imtiaz Hossain) have a few technical issues that need to be rectified through coaching and match-play. I'm hoping Coach Siddions gets to see these guys in action, something I expect to see happen next season, and helps them at whatever capacity.

that's the sort of stuff i'm talking about, even if they only get 2 or 3 weeks split up throughout the whole year it would be beneficial.

Navarene
January 1, 2008, 06:54 PM
One and only simple preparation should be made:

Make damn dead flat wicket at both venues so that our batters can capitalize some runs, make sure that the wicket will start to crack with uneven bounce starting from day 4. Play two genuine spinners to take full advantage of the wicket and voila!

akabir77
January 1, 2008, 07:08 PM
Copy The Wi Pitch Where We Beat Sa.

Beamer
January 1, 2008, 10:53 PM
Maybe not the appropriate place for this question in this thread but will ask anyway.

Any aspiring genuine leg spinner in the horizon for us in the domestic scene? If he is half decent, I would say, bring him to the camp. I am sick of these army of average left armed spinners we have . Unless you have variety, that is the ability to bowl the 'wrong un", they won't pick too many wkts in test matches. Rafiq of old had the ability to bowl that straight one, which earned him a lot of wkst, but these new lot, don't seem to have that ability, though Raj comes close from time to time with the white ball. Not with the red cherry. At least not yet. Leg spinning is discouraged in a culture that only knew one day cricket until recently, simply because they tend to be a bit expensive, but, for the longer version of the matches, a classy leggie will take you a long way. A very good right armed off spinner will be valuable as well.

Eshen
January 1, 2008, 11:26 PM
Only promising right arm spinners I see in the horizon are currently playing for the U/19 team - Mahmudul Hasan (OB), Nasir Hossain (OB), and KM Shakil (LB). However, those boys are way too young (16/17 years). Spinners generally take good amount of time to develop to their full potential, so I don't expect any of those boys to be in the national team before 2011 WC. Until then we may have to stick with SLAs.

Beamer
January 1, 2008, 11:29 PM
I was counting on you to provide me the answers. Thanks Eshen. Yeah, you are right, have a long way to go..

Gowza
January 1, 2008, 11:59 PM
yeah spinners usually develop later than other cricketers, it could take about 8-10 years (if they're only 16/17) before the u19 spinners start reaching their potential. isn't marshall ayub meant to be a promising leggy and allrounder?

Eshen
January 2, 2008, 12:54 AM
isn't marshall ayub meant to be a promising leggy and allrounder?
Many people said so, but Marshall is hardly bowling this season.

Among the part time spinners, Farhad Hossain and Naeem Islam (both OB) have shown occasional glimpses. Farhad was under observation for suspect action and I guess that was the reason he did not bowl that often in the early part of NCL. Naeem, who was reported to have worked hard on his bowling during his stay in the academy this summer, surprisingly has not bowled many overs this season.

billah
January 2, 2008, 01:31 AM
First order of things in preparing for RSA:

Make the dullest deadest dust-bowl pitch possible - in response to the hardest and bounciest decks we face when we visit them.....

Eshen
January 2, 2008, 01:52 AM
Make the dullest deadest dust-bowl pitch possible .....
And let another night watchman score a double century ?

On dull pitches, our oppositions generally make 500-600 runs in their first innings, and we generally end up losing matches by innings. It's time that we think about a different approach.

MohammedC
January 2, 2008, 02:04 AM
Dont you guys think we have been concentrating too much on our batting (which is needed no doubt about it) but we are lacking in our bowling recently. We have very weak bowling attack but lately it is getting weaker and weaker. We hear a lot of thing about new methods of training for batsmen but nothing for bowlers (correct me if I am wrong)

Gowza
January 2, 2008, 02:06 AM
gillespie isn't that bad of a batsman, he's averaging 58 with the bat for south australia this season. he's definately become a much better batsman as his career progressed and is decent with the bat, though his stats don't suggest it too much.

Gowza
January 2, 2008, 02:39 AM
Dont you guys think we have been concentrating too much on our batting (which is needed no doubt about it) but we are lacking in our bowling recently. We have very weak bowling attack but lately it is getting weaker and weaker. We hear a lot of thing about new methods of training for batsmen but nothing for bowlers (correct me if I am wrong)

probably because siddons was a batsman, which is why a bowling coach wouldn't be a bad idea. as for concentrating on batting well the more runs on the board the less likely a team is to lose. obviously wickets are needed to win and they also slow down the run rate but it's easier to defend a target of 400 than 150 and the 400 target puts more pressure on the batsmen because the opposition have to score quicker if they want to win and therefore have to take more risks. not that bowling isn't important but the head coach was a batsman and that's what he knows best so unless they hire a bowling coach batting might always have a bigger part of the training than the bowling just because that's what siddons is more comfortable with and what he knows more about.

Eshen
January 2, 2008, 03:11 AM
One thing is for sure - our curators are not going to make pitches where pacers will find seam movement. Those guys will need to hone their skills on yorkers, cutters, and reverse swing. I will be very happy if BCB brings someone from our neighboring countries to teach those skills to our pacers. But, if not so, then may be BCB should ask Tareq Aziz, who is reported to be showing good command over those skills this season, to come help Mashrafe, Shahadat, and Sajid to develop the skills.

MohammedC
January 2, 2008, 04:33 AM
probably because siddons was a batsman, which is why a bowling coach wouldn't be a bad idea. as for concentrating on batting well the more runs on the board the less likely a team is to lose. obviously wickets are needed to win and they also slow down the run rate but it's easier to defend a target of 400 than 150 and the 400 target puts more pressure on the batsmen because the opposition have to score quicker if they want to win and therefore have to take more risks. not that bowling isn't important but the head coach was a batsman and that's what he knows best so unless they hire a bowling coach batting might always have a bigger part of the training than the bowling just because that's what siddons is more comfortable with and what he knows more about.

but if an opposition team is able to score 95 runs in just 6 overs against us. it will not take them long to score 400 against our weak and helpless at times bowling attack.

yeah bowling coach is a must.

Gowza
January 2, 2008, 05:08 AM
but if an opposition team is able to score 95 runs in just 6 overs against us. it will not take them long to score 400 against our weak and helpless at times bowling attack.

yeah bowling coach is a must.

that may be so but it's still much more difficult to score 400 runs than it is to score 95 runs. anyway, i agree that they need a bowling coach.

Sovik
January 2, 2008, 07:16 AM
players need a morale boost. something is missing. they don't look confident. may be its "kurbani'r gosth" .

Eshen
January 14, 2008, 11:02 AM
My revised training squad for the SA series -

Openers: Tamim, Zunaed, Imrul

Middle Order: Ashraful, Aftab, Alok, Tushar, Rajin, Mehrab, Nazim, Raqib, SN

All Rounders: Shakib, Farhad, Riyad

Spinners: Rafique, Razzak, Enamul, Mosharraf

Pacers: Mashrafe, Shahadat, Rasel, Sajed, Tareq, Mahbub

Initially I thought it would be better to hold Raqib back for another six months or so, but after seeing how brittle our middle order is, it's probably a good idea to introduce him to Siddons sooner than later (and the let the coach decide whether he is ready for the national team or not).

Current national players should be given a week break after returning from NZ. Other players should join the training camp earlier for fitness and net sessions. Siddons should observe them separately (before national players joins the camp) for few days.

Only1raz
January 14, 2008, 11:46 AM
here is a list of players i'd like to see in a training camp

Abdur Razzak
Aftab Ahmed
Alok Kapali
Enamul Haque
Farhad Reza
Imrul Kayash
Jahurul Islam
Mahmudullah
Mashrafe Mortaza
Mehrab Hossain jnr
Mohammad Ashraful
Mosharraf Hossain
Nadif Chowdhury
Naeem Islam
Nafees Iqbal
Nazimuddin
Nazmus Sadat
Rajin Saleh
Raqibul Hasan
Shahadat Hossain
Shahriar Nafees
Shakib Al Hasan
Syed Rasel
Talha Jubair
Tushar Imran

zainab
January 14, 2008, 02:13 PM
I doubt whether coach Siddons will have more than 21 players in his prep camp. His words are that he wants to keep this team together, he does not believe in chopping and changing which is the correct thing to do. He will look at a few more top performers from the NCL, and work diligently with this group. He is not a man to give up, and I think he will enjoy facing this tough challenge of turning this team around to play better and more competitive cricket against better teams. We just have to be patient. i believe that he will not stand any crap from players, and they will have to perform and improve to stay in the national team.

Eshen
January 14, 2008, 03:16 PM
By now Sidddons should have decided about his first four batsmen - Tamim, Zunaed, SN, and Ash (many may argue three left handers in a row is not a good idea, but at this point we don't have a better option than SN for #3 slot). What Siddons now needs to do is to look extensively at our middle order batsmen (Rajin, Alok, Tushar, Mehrab, Nazim, Raqib, Shakib, Farhad, Aftab, or even Mushfiq) and decide which two he wants to stick with (for #5 and #6 slots in the test team) for, at least, next one year.

As I said before, selectors should invite all those batsmen (especially the ones Siddons has not seen yet) and ask Siddons to watch them in nets for couple of days before the next training camp for the team starts.

Sohel
January 14, 2008, 06:38 PM
My revised training squad for the SA series -

Openers: Tamim, Zunaed, Imrul

Middle Order: Ashraful, Aftab, Alok, Tushar, Rajin, Mehrab, Nazim, Raqib, SN

All Rounders: Shakib, Farhad, Riyad

Spinners: Rafique, Razzak, Enamul, Mosharraf

Pacers: Mashrafe, Shahadat, Rasel, Sajed, Tareq, Mahbub

Initially I thought it would be better to hold Raqib back for another six months or so, but after seeing how brittle our middle order is, it's probably a good idea to introduce him to Siddons sooner than later (and the let the coach decide whether he is ready for the national team or not).

Current national players should be given a week break after returning from NZ. Other players should join the training camp earlier for fitness and net sessions. Siddons should observe them separately (before national players joins the camp) for few days.

Agree with most of what you've posted except a bit on Rubel and TOTALLY on Robin after having watched them closely on BTV World this year. While Rubel and Abul Bashar are gritty and can be useful ODI players at this point, especially Bashar with his fielding, Robin failed to impress despite some of the numbers he posted.

Dollar Mahmud and Mohammad Shahzada may be better options for the training camp. Dollar for his overall development goals and Shahzada for his accuracy. They both can bat BTW and have the good potential to develop into useful all-rounders. Milon has also made a good comeback this year and can be worked into the ODI development set-up also. Both he and Abul Bashar are more of the ODI "all-rounder" than Riyad IMHO, and I'd rather see them in the camp.

Also, I don't expect either Tushar with his footwork or Rajin with his limitations to be welcome by Coach Siddons for the highest level. I'd rather see what he does with Shezan and his particular issues. I hope he can help Nazim with his footwork also.

Gowza
January 14, 2008, 07:05 PM
if siddons is really looking to the future he'll want to bring players like rubel hossain, S Roy, dolar, marhsall ayub, naeem islam, milon, imrul, raqibul etc into the camp. i also think he should have a look at players like ehsanul who may be a bit older but have much better numbers on the board. tbh there are a lot of players that siddons should look at and it would probably take too long to look at all of them which means he has to look at a short list. and that sort of short list should mainly include the already scouted talents (young guys like raqibul and rubel hossain who've already been spotted as future national players) and the most consistent NCL performers (and i'm talking career not just season by season).

just wondering, while siddons is contracted are there any significant gaps in the schedule where he can hold a development camp (as opposed to a squad or training camp for a series), where he can have a really good look at a lot of players he wouldn't normally get a good look at?

zainab
January 15, 2008, 07:21 AM
Dont worry, Siddons is a sharp cookie and he will do what is best for the national team. Remember, he is the coach and any good coach does not like it when his team constantly loses.
With the extra days in NZ, by now he will have had meetings and I am sure that he has devised a step by step plan about how he can put this mammoth task into reality.

We have to have faith in him and believe in him. He has seen the weakness of this team in every aspect of the game and he still has faith in them. He has about 5 weeks to prepare them before the SA series, and I am sure that he knows the calibre of players in this SA side, they are capable of scoring centuries and double centuries.
One positive about BD is that they did not allow any Kiwi batsman to score any century,
and bowled them out for less than 400 runs.

Keep the faith fans and have hope, morning always follows the night.

Sovik
January 15, 2008, 07:59 AM
Dont worry, Siddons is a sharp cookie and he will do what is best for the national team. Remember, he is the coach and any good coach does not like it when his team constantly loses.

don't worry, he will get used to that.

bdchamp20
January 15, 2008, 12:10 PM
This would be my 30 picks for a training camp to prepare for SA:
Mohammad Ashraful
Mashrafe Mortaza
Shahriar Nafees
Tamim Iqbal
Alok Kapali
Dhiman Ghosh
Aftab Ahmed
Mosharof Hossain Rubel
Abdur Rajjak
Shahadat Hossain
Syed Rasel
Junaed Siddique
Nafis Iqbal
Mushfiqur Rahim
Shakib Al Hasan
Mahmudullah Riyad
Farhad Reza
Sajedul Islam
Nazmul Hossain
Dolar Mahmud
Habibul Bashar
Tapash Baisya
Khaled Mashud
Javed Omar
Mohammad Rafique
Rajin Saleh
Enamul Haque Jr.
Mehrab Hossain Jr.
Nazimuddin

ahms
January 16, 2008, 09:34 AM
One and only simple preparation should be made:

Make damn dead flat wicket at both venues so that our batters can capitalize some runs, make sure that the wicket will start to crack with uneven bounce starting from day 4. Play two genuine spinners to take full advantage of the wicket and voila!

I think that is the only way for BD to beat any of the top 8 teams at home. And why not. Let's try and see.

akabir77
January 16, 2008, 10:55 AM
sorry to say but if the pitch starts to crack up on day 4 it will not benefit us as we will not last till day 4. we need a slow two paced pitch that we have in chittagong and let the visitor practice in mirpure or where the fast pitches are. and then...

zainab
January 16, 2008, 01:34 PM
This will be a harder task for BD to face SA even at home. They have Steyn, and they have Kallis & Amla, capable of scoring high, also they have about 4 other good batsmen who are also capable of making good scores.

I hope they can perform better, even though in my opinion, it will take a miracle, but maybe, they will have some good days.

kalpurush
January 16, 2008, 03:15 PM
sorry to say but if the pitch starts to crack up on day 4 it will not benefit us as we will not last till day 4. we need a slow two paced pitch that we have in chittagong and let the visitor practice in mirpure or where the fast pitches are. and then...
...the "idea" man! very smart!!:D

Omio
January 16, 2008, 03:50 PM
Does anyone know how many test and odi we will play with them and when?

akabir77
January 16, 2008, 04:19 PM
2 test 3 odi

zainab
January 17, 2008, 07:28 AM

I hope that their trainer addresses this issue very quickly. Some of these boys are small, what they need is more weight training to strengthen their upper bodies, bowlers need to strengthen their legs.

Shobha
January 17, 2008, 01:41 PM

NO!!
Because he's tall, he'll look lanky like rajib if he looses weight. just eat healthy and do lots of excercise.

kalpurush
January 17, 2008, 03:26 PM

[বাংলা]মাশরাফীর কি দোষ? শ্বাশুরীর হাতের রান্না খেয়েই তো ওর এই অবস্থা...;)[/বাংলা]

zainab
January 18, 2008, 03:00 PM
It seems that the national training camp for SA tour will be for 2 weeks, from the 1st to 14th Feb.
i wonder what these guys will do for the next couple of weeks at home.
I was hoping that Siddons would have a look at a few more players, but he did not travel back with the team, also Shaun Williams.
Two weeks training for a team that is weak in all aspects of their game, especially their fielding, catching and batting is not enough time. SA meantime is getting lots of practice from playing ODIs against the WI. I was hoping that they will have at least 3 weeks with Siddons.

akabir77
January 18, 2008, 03:28 PM
It seems that the national training camp for SA tour will be for 2 weeks, from the 1st to 14th Feb.
i wonder what these guys will do for the next couple of weeks at home.
I was hoping that Siddons would have a look at a few more players, but he did not travel back with the team, also Shaun Williams.
Two weeks training for a team that is weak in all aspects of their game, especially their fielding, catching and batting is not enough time. SA meantime is getting lots of practice from playing ODIs against the WI. I was hoping that they will have at least 3 weeks with Siddons.

Normally players after such a bad series will train them selves. but other than few i am sure rest will ride bikes to go and have Biriani and stuff for next two weeks.

Eshen
January 18, 2008, 03:44 PM
The first test starts on the 22 February, so players will have a three weeks long training camp.

akabir77
January 18, 2008, 04:16 PM
The first test starts on the 22 February, so players will have a three weeks long training camp.

After 7 years if they say the player have learn how to leave balls then 3 weeks is not enough.
I don't get this why r they getting off? Coach nai to ki hoisey. send them to army camp. Fielding kora shikhuk...:-P

cricket_king
January 19, 2008, 02:09 AM
NO!!
Because he's tall, he'll look lanky like rajib if he looses weight. just eat healthy and do lots of excercise.

You don't get lanky just by losing a bit of weight. He's got a bit of a bhuri anyway...it'd do him good to lose a bit of weight by working out.

rainmaniac
January 19, 2008, 11:42 AM
You don't get lanky just by losing a bit of weight. He's got a bit of a bhuri anyway...it'd do him good to lose a bit of weight by working out.

exactly.
it doesnt matter how he looks...its imp that he plays well and he can play well only after getting fit.

zareen
January 19, 2008, 12:02 PM
exactly.
it doesnt matter how he looks...its imp that he plays well and he can play well only after getting fit.

when he will get fit ,after the SA SERIES.:-/

rainmaniac
January 19, 2008, 12:11 PM
when he will get fit ,after the SA SERIES.:-/

thatz up to him...

zareen
January 19, 2008, 12:30 PM
so he should try his best to play for his country.:)

Sylhet
January 19, 2008, 06:27 PM
The Best Combination against South Africa in Tests

Tamim Iqbal
Junaed Siddique
Mohd Ashraful
Shahriar Nafees
Aftab Ahmed
Shakib Al Hasan
Khaled Mashud
Mohd Rafique
Mashrafe
Shahadat
Enamul

Best Combination for ODI

First of All players need to learn to rotate strike. Atleast 3 singles in an over.

Tamim Iqbal
Junaed Siddique
Ashraful
Mushfiq Rahim (He should only be there for the sake of rotating strike)
Shakib Al Hasan ( Prioirity on rotating strikes only)
Aftab
Farhad Reza
Abdur Razzak
Mohd Rafique
Mashrafe
Rajib

Look, We need players at the end to hit and in the middle overs to rotate strike. Shakib and Rahim are not hard hitters, but they are good thinkers. Therefore it makes sense to put them in the middle order to rotate only. It will stop middle order collapse and we have hitters like aftab and Farhad reza to up the tempo at the end. I think this game plan is simple. Everyone will have an idea of what is required.:flag:

Omio
January 19, 2008, 06:41 PM
WC Sylhet vai to bc.
Waiting for Hobigonjo vai.

BanCricFan
January 19, 2008, 06:51 PM
WC Sylhet vai to bc.
Waiting for Hobigongo vai.

Hobigonji...:karate:...:D

Zunaid
January 19, 2008, 07:20 PM
Does anyone know how many test and odi we will play with them and when?

Check the Front page or navigate from the tour menu. We have activated the SA series coverage - while mostly sparse, the schedule is at least up.

Rubu
January 19, 2008, 08:05 PM
I think if we select the right team, at least few problems will go away. Regardless of what spitty thinks, I still think Golla should play test. and Rajin is a must for test as well. We still need rafique. Bashar should not play. So, my line up would be:

JO
Tamim
Junaed
Rajin
Ash
Aftab
Shakib
Mushi
rafique
Mash
Shahadat

Gowza
January 19, 2008, 10:05 PM
i don't see any reason why they shouldn't try ehsanul, don't care if people say domestic records mean nothing he's done what other BD batsmen have failed to do at the dometic level and that's maintain a reasonably high average over a long period time. the middle order desperately needs a consistent player and none of the current national middle order batsmen are providing that. drop bashar and bring up ehsanul, or at least nazimuddin. they're both proven on BD pitches.

Sylhet
January 20, 2008, 04:51 AM
The team strategy is important. Analysis of Strength and Weakness of players should be done. Individual players will know their strength and weakness. Even Tendulkar sometimes does not play some shots in Australia as they bring his downfall. I think Aftab and Ashraful should not bat for too long in the nets just before a match. That actually does not help for players like them.

The players should start enjoying the game. Have simple rules. Like first five overs, dont lose any wickets. Then look for atleast 3 singles in an over. Boundaries here and there will come. Stroke players like Aftab will not last the middle overs so keep him for the last 15 overs. Whereas players like rahim are of no use at the end so use but he has good technique so use him in the middle orders.

Most important thing is to stick with the same combination for atleast 2 series. I am sorry I am repeating the same words.

There is a job Vacancy for CEO of BCB. Saw it on tigercricket.com. anyone interested in applying?:flag:

bdchamp20
January 20, 2008, 06:59 AM
The Best Combination against South Africa in Tests

Tamim Iqbal
Junaed Siddique
Mohd Ashraful
Shahriar Nafees
Aftab Ahmed
Shakib Al Hasan
Khaled Mashud
Mohd Rafique
Mashrafe
Shahadat
Enamul

Best Combination for ODI

First of All players need to learn to rotate strike. Atleast 3 singles in an over.

Tamim Iqbal
Junaed Siddique
Ashraful
Mushfiq Rahim (He should only be there for the sake of rotating strike)
Shakib Al Hasan ( Prioirity on rotating strikes only)
Aftab
Farhad Reza
Abdur Razzak
Mohd Rafique
Mashrafe
Rajib

Look, We need players at the end to hit and in the middle overs to rotate strike. Shakib and Rahim are not hard hitters, but they are good thinkers. Therefore it makes sense to put them in the middle order to rotate only. It will stop middle order collapse and we have hitters like aftab and Farhad reza to up the tempo at the end. I think this game plan is simple. Everyone will have an idea of what is required.:flag:
woah..people have forgotten Rasel very quickly

zainab
January 20, 2008, 07:27 AM
Just read on Crucifino that Steve Bucknor will be one of the umpires for the SA series. I know that Pakistan dont like him period, and I am sure that India will never accept him for another series against any country.

He is incompetent, I wonder how BD will fare with him. IMO, he is not very attentive and seems to be a bit deaf and cannot see properly.

bdchamp20
January 20, 2008, 07:49 AM
Just read on Crucifino that Steve Bucknor will be one of the umpires for the SA series. I know that Pakistan dont like him period, and I am sure that India will never accept him for another series against any country.

He is incompetent, I wonder how BD will fare with him. IMO, he is not very attentive and seems to be a bit deaf and cannot see properly.
oh..oh, but I dont think he does these mistake deliberately he looks like a nice guy

Sylhet
January 20, 2008, 09:01 AM
Didnt forget Syed Rasel, but not very sure whether he will be match fit.
If he is fit, he is a first choice in most conditions for Bangadesh

Nafi
January 20, 2008, 10:13 AM
Didnt forget Syed Rasel, but not very sure whether he will be match fit.
If he is fit, he is a first choice in most conditions for Bangadesh

of course he will be match fit by the ODI series, he didnt lose a leg.

Shobha
January 20, 2008, 10:22 AM
WC Sylhet vai to bc.
Waiting for Hobigonjo vai.

welcome sylhet. hey i'm sylheti too:-D:-D
woooo wooooo GO SYLHET:D

Sylhet
January 20, 2008, 12:08 PM
Rasel broke a Collar bone if I am not wrong. Do you have any clue about how long it takes to get fit? I dont, thats why I said that Mr Nafi.
Being fit and being match fit is two different thing.

BanCricFan
January 20, 2008, 12:39 PM
Rasel broke a Collar bone if I am not wrong. Do you have any clue about how long it takes to get fit? I dont, thats why I said that Mr Nafi.
Being fit and being match fit is two different thing.

He did not break collar bone!

Depends on what sort of pitch our curator and think tank prepares...we could play three pacers. On current form Shahadat is an automatic choice. If we decide to go with two pacers I would prefer Shahadat over Rasel.

SA do have problem playing spin on a slow, low and turnig pitch. Therefore, Rafique and Enamul has to play. Can we afford to play five main bowlers?

Sylhet
January 20, 2008, 01:28 PM
He did not break collar bone!

Depends on what sort of pitch our curator and think tank prepares...we could play three pacers. On current form Shahadat is an automatic choice. If we decide to go with two pacers I would prefer Shahadat over Rasel.

SA do have problem playing spin on a slow, low and turnig pitch. Therefore, Rafique and Enamul has to play. Can we afford to play five main bowlers?

So what sort of injury did Rasel have?

I apologise if I made a mistake in quoting the wrong injury. :flag:

zainab
January 20, 2008, 02:24 PM
If I remember, it is a dislocated collar bone, takes about 4 to 5 weeks to return to normal, he did not have a broken one. he should be fit for the ODIs against SA.

FagunerAgun
January 20, 2008, 04:00 PM

what to do ?

Brilliant Ideas. We need to put the Jamaibabus under some pressure and performance.

Sylhet
January 20, 2008, 05:01 PM
If I remember, it is a dislocated collar bone, takes about 4 to 5 weeks to return to normal, he did not have a broken one. he should be fit for the ODIs against SA.

Thank You Zainab. I thought it was broken. However, due to my lack of knowledge, I cant figure out how he managed to do so. And if he takes 5 to 6 weeks to recover, how is he expected to be match fit. Wouldnt the place be sore if he puts too much pressure on the injured area. Anyway, I am not a doctor, therefore I should not be speaking about it. I apologise to all the readers for my ignorance :big_hug:

Eshen
January 20, 2008, 05:07 PM
The ODI series starts on March 9, Rasel has plenty of time to be fit for it.