PDA

View Full Version : Pick your playing XI for the first Test

Miraz
December 31, 2007, 12:20 PM
Now we know JO, Tushar, Mehrab and Nazmul have been sent home that makes the selection of playing XI a bit easier.

Let's see the members' choice for the first Test which starts on 4 January at Dunedin.

Please keep in mind that Dunedin pitch is a graveyard for batsman.

My Test XI

Shahriar Nafees
Tamim Iqbal
Mohammad Ashraful
Habibul Bashar
Aftab Ahmed
Farhad Reza
Mushfiqur Rahim
Mashrafe Mortaza
Shahadat Hossain
Enamul Haque Jnr
Sajidul Islam

6 batsman, 3 genuine pace bowler, one pace bowling all-rounder and one spinner

Miraz
December 31, 2007, 12:31 PM
We have a number of threads on 1st Test player selection.

I will request the moderators to merge them keeping the poll open.

Spitfire_x86
December 31, 2007, 12:37 PM
Tamim
Zunaed
Ashraful
SN
Bashar
Aftab
Mushfiq
Farhad
Mashrafee
Shahadat
Enamul

Both of Tamim and Zunaed have been playing since the first practice match with varying success, and ahve adjusted to the conditions. SN can play in the middle order at #4, he is a better option than Rajin.

Miraz
December 31, 2007, 12:39 PM
Tamim
Zunaed
Ashraful
SN
Bashar
Aftab
Mushfiq
Farhad
Mashrafee
Shahadat
Enamul

Good team but with only 2 genuine pacers on Dunedin wicket? I feel we need a genuine 3rd seamer.

Spitfire_x86
December 31, 2007, 12:41 PM
We need a batting heavy line-up. Wishing for a good performance from Farhad is all we can do.

Miraz
December 31, 2007, 12:43 PM
Farhad should be miles ahead of Rajin and Shakib if we keep the condition in mind.

Spitfire_x86
December 31, 2007, 12:47 PM
I'm more concerned about his performance as 3rd seamer actually. His runs at #8 will be a bonus, and I think he can't do worse than Sakib or Rajin (in NZ condition) with bat.

Beamer
December 31, 2007, 12:48 PM
I agree with Spitty and even the batting positions, only Bashar coming at no.3. Heck, lets give one more try to the old man and his money earning position at no.3 .I was going to play SN in the middle order. Only think that I am not in agreement 100% is the inclusion of Farhad. Its a toss up between him and Sajid for me. You need to go to a test match, in NZ, with at least three seamers. That he is a lefty, is even a better proposition.

1 Tamim 2 Zunaid (I still think he has great qualities. He looks technically solvent and also a good 'leaver' of the ball. I won't need to hoick over the infield in tests ) 3 Bashar 4 Ash 5 SN 6 Aftab 7 Mushy ( just pray that he doesn't drop crucial catches ) 8 Mash 9 Rajib 10 Sajid 11 Enam.

Thats three debutants ! But, the best possible at the moment..

Miraz
December 31, 2007, 12:49 PM
I'm more concerned about his performance as 3rd seamer actually. His runs at #8 will be a bonus, and I think he can't do worse than Sakib or Rajin (in NZ condition) with bat.

I am not ready to consider him as the 3rd seamer, he is my 4th seamer. :)

Navarene
December 31, 2007, 12:49 PM
My pick:

Tamim
Shahriar Nafis
Bashar
Ashraful
Rajin
Aftab
Mushfiq
Razzaq
Mashrafee
Shahadat
Sajedul

I picked Razzaq over Enamul Jr as I consider Razzaq to be a genuine wicket taker on any given condition ahead of Enamul. Enamul performed badly even on a flat spin friendly wicket in the last home series againt India, where as Razzaq seems to be more compitable in NZ condition.

No need to pick Farhad as we will have a "solid" batting lineup with Rajin's inclusion and three frontline seamers.

Miraz
December 31, 2007, 12:53 PM
Here's the NZ squad. No Jeetan Patel for the first Test, he will join the squad for the 2nd Test.

Mathew Bell returns after 6 years, Styris, Ross (cheat) Taylor and Jamie How get the axe.
Dunedin will be a seamer's paradise.

New Zealand squad
Matthew Bell, Craig Cumming, Mathew Sinclair, Stephen Fleming, Peter Fulton, Brendon McCullum (wk), Daniel Vettori, Chris Martin, Michael Mason, Kyle Mills, Iain O'Brien, Jacob Oram.

Beamer
December 31, 2007, 01:04 PM
Miraz

ki bepar? no confidence in Bashar at no.3? I will send him right in the fire at no.3, his bread and butter spot.

Miraz
December 31, 2007, 01:10 PM
Miraz

ki bepar? no confidence in Bashar at no.3? I will send him right in the fire at no.3, his bread and butter spot.

It's Siddon's decision to send Ashraful at number 3, not mine :)

I will still send Bashar at number 3 and Ash at 4.

BD Tigers
December 31, 2007, 01:19 PM
My Test XI

Shahriar Nafees
Tamim Iqbal
Mohammad Ashraful
Habibul Bashar
Aftab Ahmed
Farhad Reza
Mushfiqur Rahim
Mashrafe Mortaza
Shahadat Hossain
Enamul Haque Jnr
Sajidul Islam

6 batsman, 3 genuine pace bowler, one pace bowling all-rounder and one spinner

I took the same team as yours except I took Rajin than Aftab. We shud definitely go 3 genuine pacers and 1 spinner.

on another note, we might try Rajin as WK and get another batsman. Mushi has totally lost it in batting. Selectors made a HUGE blunder not picking Pilot.

Beamer
December 31, 2007, 01:21 PM
Miraz

Siddons said Bashar at no.3 for tests yesterday..

Murad
December 31, 2007, 01:31 PM
Miraz bhai, your team is just perfect. I would select the same. :)

Miraz
December 31, 2007, 01:40 PM
Miraz

Siddons said Bashar at no.3 for tests yesterday..

If that's true, I stand corrected and will send Bashar at 3. :)

BD-Shardul
December 31, 2007, 01:48 PM
My team

Shahriar Nafees Ahmed
Tamim Iqbal
Rajin Saleh
Habibul Bashar
Mohammad Ashraful
Aftab Ahmed
Mushfiqur Rahim
Mashrafe Mortaza
Shahadat Hossain
Sajidul Islam
Enamul Haq Junior

Bowling: Ash, Mash, Shahadat, Sajidul, Hq. Jr

Omio
December 31, 2007, 02:08 PM
My Test XI -

Junayeed
Tamim Iqbal
Habibul Bashar
Mohammad Ashraful
S Nafees
Aftab Ahmed
Mushfiqur Rahim
Mashrafe Mortaza
Shahadat Hossain
Enamul Haque Jnr
Sajidul Islam

Moshin
December 31, 2007, 02:25 PM
My Test XI:
Opening: Shahriar Nafees and Tamim Iqbal, Middle-order: Habibul Bashar, Rajin Saleh, Mohammed Ashraful (C), Saqibul Hassan, Mushfiqur Rahim (WK), Bowlers: Mashrafe Mortaza (ALL), Sajidul Islam, Abdur Razzak and Enamul Haque jnr

Rifat
December 31, 2007, 02:38 PM
Mortaza out of my team!!! i have given up my hopes for him :(, he seriously needs to go back to boot camp.

My controvertial team:

Tamim
Junaed
Rajin
Ash
Aftab
Rahim
Farhad Reza
Sajid
Razzak
Enamul Jr.
Shahadat

i want an in-form Bangladeshi team. Junaed? i included him over Nafees only because he should be used to New Zealand conditions by now. if he doesn't do anything productive this tour... i am blaming selection for not including Javed Omar!!!

Shakib should join Mortaza in the boot camp or go home and back to college(University of Khulna), he has been out of form as well. aside from the 20/20 match!

i think it is a moronic move to include Bashar in my team since he is pulled out of nowhere and is asked to perform a close to impossible task...SADNESS!!!

RASEL...YOU ARE GREATLY MISSED :(

i doubt we will do anything productive on tests...

Sovik
December 31, 2007, 03:00 PM
Junaed Siddique
Sahriar Nafees
Rajin Saleh
Mohammad Ashraful
Aftab Ahmed
Sakib al Hasan
Mushfiq Rahim
Mashrafee Mortaza
Shahadat Hossain
Enamul Haque jr
Sajidul Islam

zainab
December 31, 2007, 04:26 PM
Sakib and Mortaza should not be in the team. they have not performed well at all.
My openers are Nafees and Tamim who seem a bit more comfortable than Junaid at the moment Sakib and Mash as all rounders have failed, they should be given a rest at the moment.
Bashar and Rajin should be given a chance. Aftab has gotten used to the conditions, maybe, he probably will surprise us and go back to his 2005 form.

Mahir
December 31, 2007, 07:35 PM
Tamim
Zunaed
Ashraful
SN
Bashar
Aftab
Mushfiq
Farhad
Mashrafee
Shahadat
Enamul

This would've been my choice too, if the inclusion of a 3rd seamer (who fits the bill better than Farhad) wasnt necessary. I dont think Farhad Reza's bowling has the capability to be effective over an entire Test match. Sajidul gets my call, knowing that it would be the case of yet another premature debut.

Second point - yes, Junaed and Tamim has had a good feel of the NZ condition and they havent done anything criminal as far as opening is concerned. But I'd let Junaed learn and develop more before getting in on a Test match. We can definitely play Rajin in the middle order (or Sakib, if he's to be persisted with, disregarding his ODI series performance). SN should come at #4 once we have a dependable situation in the opening (i.e. Tamim and Junaed)

Navarene
December 31, 2007, 09:12 PM
Would any cricket pundit in this forum please enlighten me on how Enamul Jr is a better contender ahead of Razzaq in Test cricket?

At least I wont buy the "Enamul is ideal for longer version of cricket and razzaq is not" excuse, since Razzaq can also bowl long spells in domestic matches.

djnaved
December 31, 2007, 09:26 PM
my selection:

Tamim Iqbal
Shahriar Nafess
Habibul bashar
Mohammad Ashraful
Rajin Saleh
Farhad Reja [all-rounder]
Abdur Rajjak [wicket taker plus he can bat]
Sakib hasan [ only cause of batting and bowling, his spin can be a trumpcard for BD]
Mushfiqur Rahim [ i would pick pilot, i don't know why selectors are dumb]
Mashrafee Mortza [no other choices have to pick him]
Sajidul Islam [i heard that he can do batting besides bowling]

nsd3
December 31, 2007, 09:30 PM
Tamim, Shahriar, Bashar, Shakib, Ashraful, Rajin, Farhad, Mushfiq, Mashrafi, Rajib, Enamul.

Hatebreed
December 31, 2007, 09:39 PM
Since double JO are being sent home, I'd include Tamim and Sajid.

Tamim Iqbal
Shariar Nafees
Habibul Bashar
Mohammed Ashraful
Rajin Saleh
Aftab Ahmed
Mushfiqur Rahim
Mashrafe Mortaza
Shahadat Hossain
Sajidul Islam
Enamul Haq Jr

wiseshah
December 31, 2007, 09:57 PM
still shocked from few reasons.

1. last ODI loss
2. Javed omar is not part of test team----biggest shock, though i am not big JO fan, but i think after 95 alllout, we need javed badly. why the hell he was selected for ODI team anyway.
3. mehrab jr--should be part of test team not ODI team, another mistake
4. why razzaq is still here, when enamul jr is going to play test match.

any way now my main eleven is

Tamim
shahriar nafees
habibul bashar
mohammad ashraful
rajin saleh
aftab ahmed (may be farhad reza)
mushfiq rahim (we really need pilot here)
mashrafe
shahadat
sajedul
enamul haq jr

djnaved
December 31, 2007, 10:58 PM
can anyone tell me why Enamul Junior should be in the test squad instead of abdur rajjak?

realist
December 31, 2007, 11:55 PM
Well I will not pick anyone. Could any of these guys play test cricket ? Unfortunately we have to selct a team out of these guys.

It is about time the Tigers (?) went back into their cage to regroup. The authorities need to put their thinking caps on and see what needs to be done urgently.

Like Zimbabwe, Bangladesh should ask for a suspension of their test status until corrective action has borne fruit.

Let us be realistic.

Omio
January 1, 2008, 12:01 AM
Well I will not pick anyone. Could any of these guys play test cricket ? Unfortunately we have to selct a team out of these guys.

It is about time the Tigers (?) went back into their cage to regroup. The authorities need to put their thinking caps on and see what needs to be done urgently.

Like Zimbabwe, Bangladesh should ask for a suspension of their test status until corrective action has borne fruit.

Let us be realistic.
wc to BC

cricketboy
January 1, 2008, 12:24 AM
In batting order:

Tamim
Nafees
Bashar
Ashraful
Rajin
Aftab
Rahim
Mashrafe
Sajidul
Enamul
SHahadat

djnaved
January 1, 2008, 12:36 AM
We got the worst selectors of bangladesh. Aftab, and Mushfiq shouldn't be in the test. Why our selectors didn't peek Khaled Masud and Mohammed Rafique? It's just a big shock.

MohammedC
January 1, 2008, 01:04 AM
My Test Eleven

Shahriar Nafees
Tamim Iqbal
Mohammad Ashraful
Habibul Bashar
Aftab Ahmed
Sakib Al Hasan
Mushfiqur Rahim: Do we have any other alternative?
Mashrafe Mortaza
Abdur Razzak????? would have picked Enamul if the wicket is not seam friendly
Shahadat Hossain
Sajidul Islam

yaseer
January 1, 2008, 02:14 AM
My XI with batting order

Tamim
Nafees
Habibul
Ashraful
Sakib
Rajin/Aftab
Mushfique (I wish i could pick PAILOT)
Mashrafee
Shahadat
Sajidul
Enamul jr.

wiseshah
January 1, 2008, 02:43 AM
how abt batting opening with sajedul and enamul. result will be the same. one down shahadat

wiseshah
January 1, 2008, 02:47 AM
ideal test 11

javed omar
shahriar nafees
habibul bashar
mohammad ashraful
rajin saleh
Sakib al hasan/aftab ahmed
khaled masud pilot
mohammad rafiq
mashrafe Mortaza
shahadat hossain
sajedul Islam

lamisa
January 1, 2008, 03:31 AM
I took the same team as yours except I took Rajin than Aftab. We shud definitely go 3 genuine pacers and 1 spinner.

on another note, we might try Rajin as WK and get another batsman. Mushi has totally lost it in batting. Selectors made a HUGE blunder not picking Pilot.

rajin can keep?:-/how gud is he?

lamisa
January 1, 2008, 03:38 AM
i dont want 2 c mash in da team,wateva happenz.

Electrequiem
January 1, 2008, 04:09 AM
Give Mashrafee a break, at least for the first test! Play Sajidul!

damalChele
January 1, 2008, 05:23 AM
T Iqbal
S Nafees
R Saleh
M Ashraful
A Ahmed
M Rahim
F Reza
M Mortaza
A Razzaq
S Hossain
S Islam

4 Bowlers
6 Batters
1 All rounder
2 Part-time bowlers (Ash & Aftab)

Moshin
January 1, 2008, 01:46 PM
Shahriar Nafees and Habibul Bashar will be the key players in the team!

Nocturnal
January 1, 2008, 01:49 PM
6 batsman, 3 pace bowler, 1 pace spin bowling all-rounder and 1 spinner + mushy

Tamim Iqbal
Junaed Siddique
Rajin Salhe
Habibul Bashar
Mohammad Ashraful
Shakib-al Hasan
Mushfiqur Rahim
Mashrafe Mortaza
Shahadat Hossain
Enamul Haque Jnr
Sajidul Islam

Moshin
January 1, 2008, 01:52 PM
6 batsman, 3 pace bowler, 1 pace spin bowling all-rounder and 1 spinner + mushy
Are you sure we can handle it with 2 spin bowlers, man we need 4 of them!

Murad
January 1, 2008, 01:54 PM
So many people want Razzak in the Test 11. He wasn't successfull in our BD pitches and how you expect him to do better in NZ? He's a good ODI spinner but very ordinary Test bowler. We need to have Enam Jr in the playing eleven for both Tests. He's the big turner of the ball in our country. Rafique comes 2nd.

Moshin
January 1, 2008, 01:56 PM
Fast bowlers cannot do anything on those pitches in NZ, having two is enough,
we have to always reley on our spinners, it is part of bangladesh cricket tradition.

Nocturnal
January 1, 2008, 01:57 PM
Are you sure we can handle it with 2 spin bowlers, man we need 4 of them!

nah! 2 should be fine.....we have got 3 pacers, if they can do their job in a pace frinedly pitch...our spinners will do good too.....it's all related.

Moshin
January 1, 2008, 02:01 PM
I hope your logic of the match will count in the upcoming match.

Rifat
January 1, 2008, 02:06 PM
whatever the team combo is, i know for sure at least someone will make Debut on this tour.

Skipper
January 1, 2008, 03:01 PM
Mushy is no longer 100%. We can go with Rajin as a keeper.

Imtiazk
January 1, 2008, 03:05 PM
I went for the most popular XI except I have gone for Zunaed in place of Rajin.

So my XI is:

Tamim
Zunaed
Nafees
Bashar
Ashraful
Aftab
Mushfiq
Mashrafe
Sajid
Shahadat
Enam

I am reasonably happy with Tamim / Zunaed opening pair, hence no change.

wiseshah
January 1, 2008, 03:23 PM
great idea. if rajin keeps, how will be the batting order

tamim
nafees
habibul bashar
ashraful
+rajin
sakib/ farhad
aftab/ farhad
mashrafe
shahadat
sajedul
enamul

it looks to me very strong team. what do u think?

Xavier
January 1, 2008, 04:04 PM
It looks well balanced, the best possible Bangladesh XI at the time (considering Rasel injury and Rafique exclusion).

Sohel
January 1, 2008, 04:07 PM
1. Tamim Iqbal: Improved almost every aspect of his batting in the NCL with results in New Zealand. He is also the Coach's choice from what I gather.

2. Zunaed Siddique: Very special, grammatically correct player who sees the quick ones early and knows what to do with them using the middle of the bat. He has looked very calm and comfortable in the middle and knows what deliveries to leave and how to leave them cleanly. He won't be hurried in tests and I expect him to score the runs he couldn't in ODIs. I'm looking forward to his elegant strokeplay and temperament. Personally, I'd love to have others see what I see in him and remove all doubts. He is also the Coach's choice from what I gather.

3. Mohammad Ashraful: Our best batsman. He can lead and consolidate without being stuck in a shell and inviting unnecessary pressure upon his team.

The Coach has been led to believe that HaBa is a "proven player of short balls" and wants to play him here. GOOD, let him see Mr. 3000 for what he has become and familiarize himself with his compulsions before getting him out of our hair. HaBa is not in my XI but he is in the Coach's, hopefully for the last time.

4. Aftab Ahmed: I think he will surprise many skeptics with his temperament, some of which he flashed in patches during the ODI series.

5. Shahriar Nafees: I think he was better off playing more NCL matches and having a brief hiatus at the junior International circuit before trying to find his rhythm back at the highest level as a top order batsman, but since he's already here, I'd try him at #5 over HaBa any day. As a player who has early difficulty with genuine pace, swing, bounce and movement, I'd rather see him play older balls.

6. Mushfiqur Rahim: Totally out of form but we don't really have an alternative, do we? I hope his temperament pulls him through.

7. Farhad Reza: Like Zunaed, he has looked comfortable with the bat, especially under tough circumstances. He may have gifted his wicket like a male bimbo in the last ODI, but facts are facts. He IS in better form than one of my favorite players Shakib, and has demonstrated the ability to learn quickly, improve every aspect of his game, and continue to push past his limitations.

8. Mashrafe Bin Mortaza: My fingers are crossed. I'd have Razzak bat here, move Mash down to #9 and bench Sajid under different conditions.

9. Sajidul Islam: He can bat a bit and I think he'll surprise us all in a good way.

10. Shahadat Hossain: Strokeless but can hold his own.

11. Enamul Haque Jr: Strokeless but can hold his own.

BanCricFan
January 1, 2008, 05:35 PM
Tamim
Zunaid
Bashar
Ashraful
Shakib
Aftab
Mushfiq
Mashrafe
Sajid
Enamul
Shahadat

habfreak
January 1, 2008, 05:45 PM
In batting order:

Tamim
Nafees
Bashar
Ashraful
Rajin
Aftab
Rahim
Mashrafe
Sajidul
Enamul
SHahadat
agreed 95% :D..only concern is can the 3 quickies hold up for the entire match? I'd consider Farhad/sakib instead of Rajin

abu2abu
January 2, 2008, 08:12 AM
I've noticed the media are making much of the experience of HB and SN, and I think that's unfair.

I think (and hope) that guys like mushfiq will give a better account of themselves in the tests. I also hope aftab does well, he's recently been pigeon-holed as ODI player but he made headlines in England in 2005 by scoring 80-odd not out in the last test. this was against the bowling attack including simon jones, matthew hoggard, freddie and Steven harmisson. More of the same please aftab...

bdchamp20
January 2, 2008, 08:45 AM
Considering Miraz bhai's info about the pitch this would be my revised starting XI:

NAFEES
JUNAED
SALEH
ASHRAFUL
MUSHFIQ
BASHAR
FARHAD
MASHRAFE
RAZZAK
ENAMUL
RAJIB

so I have picked 6 batsmen, 2 pacers, 1 pacing all-rounder, 2 spinners and and when things get out of hand Ashraful and Saleh are bowling option.

abs
January 2, 2008, 11:25 AM
<LABEL for=cb_optionnumber_1>My XI in batting order</LABEL>
<LABEL for=cb_optionnumber_1></LABEL>
<LABEL for=cb_optionnumber_1>Shahriar Nafees - experience and good form in NCL. Too early for Junaeds debut.</LABEL>
<LABEL for=cb_optionnumber_1>Tamim Iqbal - current inform batsmen.</LABEL>
<!-- END TEMPLATE: polloption_multiple --><!-- BEGIN TEMPLATE: polloption_multiple -->Habibul Bashar - experience, and is still Bangladesh's best test player. Stats dont lie
<!-- END TEMPLATE: polloption_multiple --><!-- BEGIN TEMPLATE: polloption_multiple --><LABEL for=cb_optionnumber_5>Mohammad Ashraful - captain fantastic</LABEL>
<!-- END TEMPLATE: polloption_multiple --><!-- BEGIN TEMPLATE: polloption_multiple --><LABEL for=cb_optionnumber_6>Aftab Ahmed - shown good form and my wild card for this series.</LABEL>
<!-- END TEMPLATE: polloption_multiple --><!-- BEGIN TEMPLATE: polloption_multiple --><LABEL for=cb_optionnumber_8>Shakib Al Hasan - comes in as spinning all rounder in seam friendly condition.</LABEL>
<!-- END TEMPLATE: polloption_multiple --><!-- BEGIN TEMPLATE: polloption_multiple --><LABEL for=cb_optionnumber_9><LABEL for=cb_optionnumber_15>Mushfiqur Rahim - can show resistance. only keeper on tour</LABEL></LABEL>
<LABEL for=cb_optionnumber_9><LABEL for=cb_optionnumber_15></LABEL></LABEL><LABEL for=cb_optionnumber_9>Farhad Reza - bowling all rounder - 4th seamer</LABEL>
<!-- END TEMPLATE: polloption_multiple --><!-- BEGIN TEMPLATE: polloption_multiple --><LABEL for=cb_optionnumber_12>Sajidul Islam - debutant - only in as Rasel injured. seamer with good prospect</LABEL>
<LABEL for=cb_optionnumber_12>Mashrafe Mortaza - is still the leading strike bowler, all be-it out of form</LABEL>
<!-- END TEMPLATE: polloption_multiple --><!-- BEGIN TEMPLATE: polloption_multiple --><LABEL for=cb_optionnumber_13>Shahadat Hossain - 2nd seamer.</LABEL>
<LABEL for=cb_optionnumber_13></LABEL>
<LABEL for=cb_optionnumber_13>My team is very different from others selected. This is considering:</LABEL>
<LABEL for=cb_optionnumber_13>a) Seamer friendly conditions.</LABEL>
<LABEL for=cb_optionnumber_13>b) Recent poor batting performances in ODI's.</LABEL>
<LABEL for=cb_optionnumber_13>I am breaking tradition and going in with a batting all-rounder as a spinner in Sakib rather than an out an out spinner because of the conditions. He is also my choice over Razzak or Jnr becasue of our batting frailties. Admitidley he is out of form, but technically he is a better batsmen, and he has taken wickets on this tour.</LABEL>
<LABEL for=cb_optionnumber_13>For me, it will be the 4 seam bowlers who will do the bulk of the work. Ash and Aftab can chip in with their part time bowling when necessary.</LABEL>

Rifat
January 2, 2008, 12:39 PM
off topic:

Alok Kapali and Ehsanul Haque should have been selected for the tests! let's see... what happens without them

tiger_omar
January 2, 2008, 05:03 PM
My Team for the first Test match...

Shahriar Nafees
Tamim Iqbal
Habibul Bashar
Mohammad Ashraful
Rajin Saleh
Farhad Reza
Mushfiqur Rahim
Mashrafe Mortaza
Shahadat Hossain
Sajidul Islam
Enamul Haque Jnr

hoodlum
January 2, 2008, 05:19 PM
my XI:

nafis
zunayed
bashar
ashraful
rajin
sakib
mushfiq
reza
mashrafe
shahadat
sajidul

hoodlum
January 2, 2008, 05:27 PM
off topic:

Alok Kapali and Ehsanul Haque should have been selected for the tests! let's see... what happens without them

ehsanul haque??!!?? oh noooooooo never !!!

hoodlum
January 3, 2008, 06:25 AM
bangladesh team has been declared:

1.tamim
2.nafis
3.bashar
4.ashraful
5.zunayed
6.rajin
7.mushfiq
8.mashrafe
9.shahadat
10.sajidul
11.enamul jr.

abu2abu
January 3, 2008, 06:27 AM
dude, what's your source? cricinfo and tiger cricket are silent at the moment...

hoodlum
January 3, 2008, 06:40 AM
dude, what's your source? cricinfo and tiger cricket are silent at the moment...

banglavision news

israr
January 3, 2008, 06:49 AM
12 players announced for 1st test:
Junaid
Tamim
Bashar
Ashraful
Nafees
Aftab
Mushfiqur
Mashrafee
Shahadat
Enamul
Sajidul
Rajin

From Rtv

Omio
January 3, 2008, 06:52 AM
12 players announced for 1st test:
Junaid
Tamim
Bashar
Ashraful
Nafees
Aftab
Mushfiqur
Mashrafee
Shahadat
Enamul
Sajidul
Rajin

From Rtv
So Rajin is 12th man,

hoodlum
January 3, 2008, 06:56 AM
dey declared 12...aftab is also there

Rifat
January 3, 2008, 07:47 AM
no Farhad Reza!

nice looking squad with 5 batsmen, 1 blitzkrieger(Aftab), one baby wicketkeeper(Rahim), and four strike bowlers!! i can't wait for this team to get the show on the road, however good or bad the show turns out to be!

Sajid & Tamim getting their debut :)

Miraz
January 3, 2008, 08:33 AM
It's nice to see that BanglaCricket members and team management selected the same playing XI for the Tirst test.

The popular choice of this thread and the declared XI is exactly same.

Tamim
Zunaed
Bashar
Ashraful
SN
Aftab
Mushfiqur
Mashrafe
Shahadat
Enamul
Sajidul

12th man : Rajin.

Mohiul
January 3, 2008, 08:39 AM
It's nice to see that BanglaCricket members and team management selected the same playing XI for the Tirst test.

The popular choice of this thread and the declared XI is exactly same.

Tamim
Zunaed
Bashar
Ashraful
SN
Aftab
Mushfiqur
Mashrafe
Shahadat
Enamul
Sajidul

12th man : Rajin.

No, it doesn't match with the team that BC members voted for.

<TABLE class=tborder cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=5 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt1 width="50%">Tamim Iqbal </TD><TD class=alt2 width="50%">http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/images/polls/bar2-l.gifhttp://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/images/polls/bar2.gifhttp://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/images/polls/bar2-r.gif </TD><TD class=alt1 title=Votes align=middle>56 (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/poll.php?do=showresults&pollid=395)</TD><TD class=alt2 noWrap align=right>90.32%</TD></TR><!-- END TEMPLATE: pollresult --><!-- BEGIN TEMPLATE: pollresult --><TR><TD class=alt1 width="50%">Zunaed Siddique </TD><TD class=alt2 width="50%">http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/images/polls/bar3-l.gifhttp://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/images/polls/bar3.gifhttp://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/images/polls/bar3-r.gif </TD><TD class=alt1 title=Votes align=middle>22 (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/poll.php?do=showresults&pollid=395)</TD><TD class=alt2 noWrap align=right>35.48%</TD></TR><!-- END TEMPLATE: pollresult --><!-- BEGIN TEMPLATE: pollresult --><TR><TD class=alt1 width="50%">Shahriar Nafees </TD><TD class=alt2 width="50%">http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/images/polls/bar4-l.gifhttp://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/images/polls/bar4.gifhttp://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/images/polls/bar4-r.gif </TD><TD class=alt1 title=Votes align=middle>57 (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/poll.php?do=showresults&pollid=395)</TD><TD class=alt2 noWrap align=right>91.94%</TD></TR><!-- END TEMPLATE: pollresult --><!-- BEGIN TEMPLATE: pollresult --><TR><TD class=alt1 width="50%">Rajin Saleh </TD><TD class=alt2 width="50%">http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/images/polls/bar5-l.gifhttp://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/images/polls/bar5.gifhttp://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/images/polls/bar5-r.gif </TD><TD class=alt1 title=Votes align=middle>43 (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/poll.php?do=showresults&pollid=395)</TD><TD class=alt2 noWrap align=right>69.35%</TD></TR><!-- END TEMPLATE: pollresult --><!-- BEGIN TEMPLATE: pollresult --><TR><TD class=alt1 width="50%">Mohammad Ashraful </TD><TD class=alt2 width="50%">http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/images/polls/bar6-l.gifhttp://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/images/polls/bar6.gifhttp://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/images/polls/bar6-r.gif </TD><TD class=alt1 title=Votes align=middle>62 (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/poll.php?do=showresults&pollid=395)</TD><TD class=alt2 noWrap align=right>100.00%</TD></TR><!-- END TEMPLATE: pollresult --><!-- BEGIN TEMPLATE: pollresult --><TR><TD class=alt1 width="50%">Aftab Ahmed </TD><TD class=alt2 width="50%">http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/images/polls/bar1-l.gifhttp://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/images/polls/bar1.gifhttp://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/images/polls/bar1-r.gif </TD><TD class=alt1 title=Votes align=middle>45 (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/poll.php?do=showresults&pollid=395)</TD><TD class=alt2 noWrap align=right>72.58%</TD></TR><!-- END TEMPLATE: pollresult --><!-- BEGIN TEMPLATE: pollresult --><TR><TD class=alt1 width="50%">Habibul Bashar </TD><TD class=alt2 width="50%">http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/images/polls/bar2-l.gifhttp://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/images/polls/bar2.gifhttp://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/images/polls/bar2-r.gif </TD><TD class=alt1 title=Votes align=middle>54 (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/poll.php?do=showresults&pollid=395)</TD><TD class=alt2 noWrap align=right>87.10%</TD></TR><!-- END TEMPLATE: pollresult --><!-- BEGIN TEMPLATE: pollresult --><TR><TD class=alt1 width="50%">Shakib Al Hasan </TD><TD class=alt2 width="50%">http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/images/polls/bar3-l.gifhttp://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/images/polls/bar3.gifhttp://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/images/polls/bar3-r.gif </TD><TD class=alt1 title=Votes align=middle>27 (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/poll.php?do=showresults&pollid=395)</TD><TD class=alt2 noWrap align=right>43.55%</TD></TR><!-- END TEMPLATE: pollresult --><!-- BEGIN TEMPLATE: pollresult --><TR><TD class=alt1 width="50%">Farhad Reza </TD><TD class=alt2 width="50%">http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/images/polls/bar4-l.gifhttp://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/images/polls/bar4.gifhttp://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/images/polls/bar4-r.gif </TD><TD class=alt1 title=Votes align=middle>25 (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/poll.php?do=showresults&pollid=395)</TD><TD class=alt2 noWrap align=right>40.32%</TD></TR><!-- END TEMPLATE: pollresult --><!-- BEGIN TEMPLATE: pollresult --><TR><TD class=alt1 width="50%">Enamul Haque Jnr </TD><TD class=alt2 width="50%">http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/images/polls/bar5-l.gifhttp://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/images/polls/bar5.gifhttp://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/images/polls/bar5-r.gif </TD><TD class=alt1 title=Votes align=middle>50 (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/poll.php?do=showresults&pollid=395)</TD><TD class=alt2 noWrap align=right>80.65%</TD></TR><!-- END TEMPLATE: pollresult --><!-- BEGIN TEMPLATE: pollresult --><TR><TD class=alt1 width="50%">Abdur Razzak </TD><TD class=alt2 width="50%">http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/images/polls/bar6-l.gifhttp://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/images/polls/bar6.gifhttp://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/images/polls/bar6-r.gif </TD><TD class=alt1 title=Votes align=middle>17 (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/poll.php?do=showresults&pollid=395)</TD><TD class=alt2 noWrap align=right>27.42%</TD></TR><!-- END TEMPLATE: pollresult --><!-- BEGIN TEMPLATE: pollresult --><TR><TD class=alt1 width="50%">Mashrafe Mortaza </TD><TD class=alt2 width="50%">http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/images/polls/bar1-l.gifhttp://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/images/polls/bar1.gifhttp://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/images/polls/bar1-r.gif </TD><TD class=alt1 title=Votes align=middle>57 (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/poll.php?do=showresults&pollid=395)</TD><TD class=alt2 noWrap align=right>91.94%</TD></TR><!-- END TEMPLATE: pollresult --><!-- BEGIN TEMPLATE: pollresult --><TR><TD class=alt1 width="50%">Shahadat Hossain </TD><TD class=alt2 width="50%">http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/images/polls/bar2-l.gifhttp://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/images/polls/bar2.gifhttp://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/images/polls/bar2-r.gif </TD><TD class=alt1 title=Votes align=middle>59 (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/poll.php?do=showresults&pollid=395)</TD><TD class=alt2 noWrap align=right>95.16%</TD></TR><!-- END TEMPLATE: pollresult --><!-- BEGIN TEMPLATE: pollresult --><TR><TD class=alt1 width="50%">Sajidul Islam </TD><TD class=alt2 width="50%">http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/images/polls/bar3-l.gifhttp://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/images/polls/bar3.gifhttp://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/images/polls/bar3-r.gif </TD><TD class=alt1 title=Votes align=middle>50 (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/poll.php?do=showresults&pollid=395)</TD><TD class=alt2 noWrap align=right>80.65%</TD></TR><!-- END TEMPLATE: pollresult --><!-- BEGIN TEMPLATE: pollresult --><TR><TD class=alt1 width="50%">Mushfiqur Rahim </TD><TD class=alt2 width="50%">http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/images/polls/bar4-l.gifhttp://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/images/polls/bar4.gifhttp://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/images/polls/bar4-r.gif </TD><TD class=alt1 title=Votes align=middle>60 (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/poll.php?do=showresults&pollid=395)</TD><TD class=alt2 noWrap align=right>96.77%</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
BC members voted for the following team:
Tamim
Shahriar
Bashar
Ash
Rajin
Aftab
Mushfiq
Mashrafee
Sajid
Shahadat
Enamul Jr

Omio
January 3, 2008, 08:54 AM
My Test XI -

Junayeed
Tamim Iqbal
Habibul Bashar
Mohammad Ashraful
S Nafees
Aftab Ahmed
Mushfiqur Rahim
Mashrafe Mortaza
Shahadat Hossain
Enamul Haque Jnr
Sajidul Islam
woow..
take a look at this..

Miraz
January 3, 2008, 09:03 AM
Thanks Mohiul for pointing it out. The only exception is the wild card entry Zunaed.

hoodlum
January 3, 2008, 09:09 AM
still not sure who will b the 12th man...wil it b rajin or aftab?nafees is likely to play in da middle order..

Miraz
January 3, 2008, 09:15 AM
still not sure who will b the 12th man...wil it b rajin or aftab?nafees is likely to play in da middle order..

Rajin is the 12th man.

I have the info.

Hatebreed
January 3, 2008, 09:16 AM
Picking Zunaed ahead of Rajin could be a costly decision. Let's hope it doesn't go that way.

abu2abu
January 3, 2008, 09:20 AM
rajin as 12thy? I can understand leaving Shariar Nafees out (he's only been in the country 5 mins) but Rajin's been training with the ODI squad. I hope zunaed does well, otherwise the management's gonna have a lot of egg on their faces...

sadi
January 3, 2008, 09:33 AM
Shahriar Nafees is playing.

abu2abu
January 3, 2008, 09:40 AM
I know. i just meant it would make more sense to leave out NS or HB as they've not been in the country long. Leaving out rajin who's been here since xmas eve and is a decent test batsman seems to be a mistake...

hoodlum
January 3, 2008, 09:41 AM
Rajin is the 12th man.

I have the info.

thanks

Kuddus
January 3, 2008, 09:42 AM
haha how is mushfiq at 96.88%!! some people picked a team without a keeper!

nsd3
January 3, 2008, 10:21 AM
Shakib and Farhad missed out. Shakib was playing like a run machine in NCL but his runs did not flow in ODI in NZ pitches.

I think it's good to take 3 genuine pacers. Let's hope for the best.

Rifat
January 3, 2008, 10:42 AM
we cannot i repeat we will not succeed unless Batsmen 3-5 clicks...

1 & 2 young rookies...

3. plenty of experience, not the best form though... still holds best test average of Bangladesh and leading run scorer in TESTS.

4. Excellent form, currently leading the team in every way possible(except bowling :D)

5. has good enough experience and decent average to hope something out of this guy, despite being a recent ODI reject

6-11. the rest... for this version and their current level of play and the pitch, it would be a blessing in disguise if any of them get 25-30 runs, hoping beyond that would require extreme skill, patience, luck and determination.

lamisa
January 3, 2008, 10:42 AM
i LUV da team!!!
JOY BANGLA

Beamer
January 3, 2008, 12:30 PM
I agree with Spitty and even the batting positions, only Bashar coming at no.3. Heck, lets give one more try to the old man and his money earning position at no.3 .I was going to play SN in the middle order. Only think that I am not in agreement 100% is the inclusion of Farhad. Its a toss up between him and Sajid for me. You need to go to a test match, in NZ, with at least three seamers. That he is a lefty, is even a better proposition.

1 Tamim 2 Zunaid (I still think he has great qualities. He looks technically solvent and also a good 'leaver' of the ball. I won't need to hoick over the infield in tests ) 3 Bashar 4 Ash 5 SN 6 Aftab 7 Mushy ( just pray that he doesn't drop crucial catches ) 8 Mash 9 Rajib 10 Sajid 11 Enam.

Thats three debutants ! But, the best possible at the moment..

Wow..I am terrific...:notworthy:

riaz131
January 3, 2008, 12:31 PM
does ny one has any link? Pls PM.

Imtiaz
January 3, 2008, 12:57 PM
I went for the most popular XI except I have gone for Zunaed in place of Rajin.

So my XI is:

Tamim
Zunaed
Nafees
Bashar
Ashraful
Aftab
Mushfiq
Mashrafe
Sajid
Shahadat
Enam

I am reasonably happy with Tamim / Zunaed opening pair, hence no change.

Looks like the Team Management have gone for the obvious selection.

Tigers_eye
January 3, 2008, 01:04 PM
haha how is mushfiq at 96.88%!! some people picked a team without a keeper!
may be to justify HB in the team some thought he can keep a little? ;)

Beamer
January 3, 2008, 01:07 PM
It is pretty clear that Siddons way is to reward the players who are No.1 -brave, No.2 -young and No.3 -technically solvent.

So, it wasn't difficult to see why the likes of JO, Sakib, Rajin are not part of his plan, as they don't score high on the first test of bravery. That should have been easy to see with his first comments after taking the job. He was clear on what type of batsmen he likes, one that has the ability to punish the bad balls, and sometimes even the good balls. Youth is the second criteria and he would like to see a team built on his own mold.

Technique is obviously important in test matches, but, its hard to argue against him when you see the correct calls that he has made, by sending home Tushar " don't know my off stumps " Imran, Javed " don't know my off and leg stumps" Omar and Mehrab. Sakib, while he is young, is not brave, nor has any decent footwork and will not feature. I agree completely with this selection and by far the best team test selection in recent memory ( Rasel injury ). Contrary to popular myth, test cricket is still all about runs. Sure, I would like a Chanderpaul in this team, but, can anyone raise their hands and say that this or that particular player can play three sessions and score a laboured century? No. I don't see one yet. Maybe, Rajin and Sakib can become that one day, but right now, I will go with players that has positive intent and will counter attack if necessary.

Also, like the inclusion of Sajid, the third seamer who may get some purchase in this pitch. Safer option would have been with Reza, but, that is a defensive move. Exclusion of Raj is also a brave move. He has not shown me anything with the red ball. Enam has in the past and he is more attacking.

Team has been named. The right team has been named. Hope for the best..

Sohel
January 3, 2008, 01:10 PM
1. Tamim Iqbal: Improved almost every aspect of his batting in the NCL with results in New Zealand. He is also the Coach's choice from what I gather.

2. Zunaed Siddique: Very special, grammatically correct player who sees the quick ones early and knows what to do with them using the middle of the bat. He has looked very calm and comfortable in the middle and knows what deliveries to leave and how to leave them cleanly. He won't be hurried in tests and I expect him to score the runs he couldn't in ODIs. I'm looking forward to his elegant strokeplay and temperament. Personally, I'd love to have others see what I see in him and remove all doubts. He is also the Coach's choice from what I gather.

3. Mohammad Ashraful: Our best batsman. He can lead and consolidate without being stuck in a shell and inviting unnecessary pressure upon his team.

The Coach has been led to believe that HaBa is a "proven player of short balls" and wants to play him here. GOOD, let him see Mr. 3000 for what he has become and familiarize himself with his compulsions before getting him out of our hair. HaBa is not in my XI but he is in the Coach's, hopefully for the last time.

4. Aftab Ahmed: I think he will surprise many skeptics with his temperament, some of which he flashed in patches during the ODI series.

5. Shahriar Nafees: I think he was better off playing more NCL matches and having a brief hiatus at the junior International circuit before trying to find his rhythm back at the highest level as a top order batsman, but since he's already here, I'd try him at #5 over HaBa any day. As a player who has early difficulty with genuine pace, swing, bounce and movement, I'd rather see him play older balls.

6. Mushfiqur Rahim: Totally out of form but we don't really have an alternative, do we? I hope his temperament pulls him through.

7. Farhad Reza: Like Zunaed, he has looked comfortable with the bat, especially under tough circumstances. He may have gifted his wicket like a male bimbo in the last ODI, but facts are facts. He IS in better form than one of my favorite players Shakib, and has demonstrated the ability to learn quickly, improve every aspect of his game, and continue to push past his limitations.

8. Mashrafe Bin Mortaza: My fingers are crossed. I'd have Razzak bat here, move Mash down to #9 and bench Sajid under different conditions.

9. Sajidul Islam: He can bat a bit and I think he'll surprise us all in a good way.

10. Shahadat Hossain: Strokeless but can hold his own.

11. Enamul Haque Jr: Strokeless but can hold his own.

Except the HaBa selection, it's all good. I'd have Farhad instead of HaBa.

Rifat
January 3, 2008, 01:12 PM
Except the HaBa selection, it's all good. I'd have Farhad instead of HaBa.

spot on :) beause he has shown his bowling abilities, Batting can always improve. i thought it WAS a moronic move to include Bashar out of nowhere! i guess just to respect him for all he has done

Tigers_eye
January 3, 2008, 01:18 PM
I think the following team can beat the BD XI two out of three. One day or test.

Nazmus Sadat
Imrul Kayes
Nazimuddin
Rajin (c)
Shakib
Forhad
Khaled Mashud
Abdur Razzak
Tareq Aziz
Talha
Rasel

Sohel
January 3, 2008, 01:28 PM
spot on :) beause he has shown his bowling abilities, Batting can always improve. i thought it WAS a moronic move to include Bashar out of nowhere! i guess just to respect him for all he has done

Right you are about the middle and the last part, and also about the first part if you're joking. That said, he is not a bad bowler.

Beamer
January 3, 2008, 01:28 PM
T_E

I don't know about that. Rasel would obviously be in the first team had he not been injured. Nazimuddin got a raw deal. I agree. I think he could be solution at no.3 in the future after HaBa hangs up his hat.

Sohel
January 3, 2008, 01:30 PM
It is pretty clear that Siddons way is to reward the players who are No.1 -brave, No.2 -young and No.3 -technically solvent.

So, it wasn't difficult to see why the likes of JO, Sakib, Rajin are not part of his plan, as they don't score high on the first test of bravery. That should have been easy to see with his first comments after taking the job. He was clear on what type of batsmen he likes, one that has the ability to punish the bad balls, and sometimes even the good balls. Youth is the second criteria and he would like to see a team built on his own mold.

Technique is obviously important in test matches, but, its hard to argue against him when you see the correct calls that he has made, by sending home Tushar " don't know my off stumps " Imran, Javed " don't know my off and leg stumps" Omar and Mehrab. Sakib, while he is young, is not brave, nor has any decent footwork and will not feature. I agree completely with this selection and by far the best team test selection in recent memory ( Rasel injury ). Contrary to popular myth, test cricket is still all about runs. Sure, I would like a Chanderpaul in this team, but, can anyone raise their hands and say that this or that particular player can play three sessions and score a laboured century? No. I don't see one yet. Maybe, Rajin and Sakib can become that one day, but right now, I will go with players that has positive intent and will counter attack if necessary.

Also, like the inclusion of Sajid, the third seamer who may get some purchase in this pitch. Safer option would have been with Reza, but, that is a defensive move. Exclusion of Raj is also a brave move. He has not shown me anything with the red ball. Enam has in the past and he is more attacking.

Team has been named. The right team has been named. Hope for the best..

Dear twinsanity,

You contniue to hit the nail where needs to be hit ... :up:

hoodlum
January 3, 2008, 01:47 PM
da pitch seems to be bowler friendly so it would be too much for us to ask bd score more than 250runs...i dont see any possibilities for bangladesh scoring more than 250 in the 1st innings..infact in both the innings...except ashraful no one is fluent in scoring runs currently...tamim and big z making their debut..so i dont expect too much from them...bashar,nafees and mushy are not in form right now..aftab playing a test match after long time so no high hopes from him..apart from mashrafe,other tail-enders doesnt have any reputation of batting well..mash is completely out of touch (infact he forgot how to stand properly in the crease)..i would say scoring 250runs looks extremely difficult right now!!

Tigers_eye
January 3, 2008, 01:49 PM
T_E

I don't know about that. Rasel would obviously be in the first team had he not been injured. Nazimuddin got a raw deal. I agree. I think he could be solution at no.3 in the future after HaBa hangs up his hat.

:)The reason I say,
1) both teams have openers with almost zero experience. All four are very talented. Potential is almost endless depending on how those players approach in next few years.
2) Nazimuddin > Habibul Bashar
3) Rajin < Ash
4) Shakib > SN (off form) Plus bowling
5) Forhad = Aftab (account for bowling)
6) KM > Mushi (right now) Not Mushi in 5 years
7) Abdur Razzak = Enam Jr. (not economical)
8) Tareq Aziz < Sajidul (slightly because of batting)
9) Talha < Shahadat
10) Rasel > Mash

With Ash's luck Rajin would win toss all three matches. The national team is playing with 10 on the field (HB fielding). Definitely few run outs are in the order for them also (lapse of concentration in the middle). Ash's heroics can only win one game out of three. :D

amra_korbo_joy
January 3, 2008, 01:53 PM
BANGLADESH TEAMS Announced:
BANGLADESH: Mohammad Ashraful (captain), Tamim Iqbal, Zunaed Siddiqui, Habibul Bashar, Shahriar Nafees, Aftab Ahmed, Mushfiqur Rahim, Mashrafe Bin Mortaza, Shahadat Hossain, Sajidul Islam, Enamul Haque.

I would have selected the same team.

Beamer
January 3, 2008, 01:53 PM
Not buying it T_E except Nazimuddin> Bashar.

Tigers_eye
January 3, 2008, 01:55 PM
Not buying it T_E except Nazimuddin> Bashar.
What may entice you to buy? Popcorn? Haji'r biriani?

Beamer
January 3, 2008, 01:57 PM
What may entice you to buy? Popcorn? Haji'r biriani?

ghoosh? calling ACC and RAB on you:lol:

Tigers_eye
January 3, 2008, 02:02 PM
ghoosh? calling ACC and RAB on you:lol:
Lets go Pittsburg!! Lets go!! At home baby!! Even though my home boy Matt Jones is playing for Jags. (no RAB please)

Beamer
January 3, 2008, 02:05 PM
Lets go Pittsburg!! Lets go!! At home baby!! Even though my home boy Matt Jones is playing for Jags. (no RAB please)

We will loose. O-line, as bad as it has been, is crushed with injuries. We are down to the third option at left tackle. Parker is gone. Best run defender Aaron Smith gone. Injuries everywhere. It will be a miracle. I am going to freeze to death on Saturday night..

nobody
January 5, 2008, 02:19 AM
why I am so happy to be proved wrong. Thank you Tamim for forcing me to eat my word.

cricket_king
January 5, 2008, 03:17 AM
TAAAMMIIIIIIMMMMM! WOOOOHOOOOO! :flag: