PDA

View Full Version : Rate Captain Ashraful.

Murad
December 31, 2007, 01:14 PM
I saw many members in the match threads asking Ashraful to step down from captaincy. Some of them even saying we lost the last match so badlly only because of the captain.

But in my opinion, Ashraful is the best captain we ever had for Bangladesh National Team. His field settings & rotation of bowlers are just excellent. He's very aggressive and very innovative. And yes he's sometimes very defensive. When your bowlers bowl craps then as a captain he doesn't have much options except being defensive. Even captain Ponting would do that if his bowlers bowl like ours. Our bowlers are not that bad but I think they are brainless (except Rasel & Razzak), don't know where to bowl.

So far, he has captained in the Tour of Srilanka, T20 Champion, Tour of NZ(ODI Series).

Now I would like you people to rate him as captain. Rating is from 1 thru 5.

Please kindly explain your rating. :)

Thank You!

Happy New Year.

Beamer
December 31, 2007, 01:20 PM
I am not going to blame the weatherman for the tornado.

Moshin
December 31, 2007, 02:34 PM
He's average at the moment for me. He hasn't been captain for so long, so i'll give him time to really assess his performances.

sadi
December 31, 2007, 02:40 PM
Not bad. Way better than HB. I believe it has improved his game and everyone knows Ash is the only way we can win a game. So I am okay with it. He gets a 4 from me.

Tigers_eye
December 31, 2007, 02:45 PM
4. Didn't let captaincy bother his game. We have upgraded the captaincy position last June.

al Furqaan
December 31, 2007, 02:52 PM
i said all along captaincy would either make or break ash...looks like it is slowly making him, alhamdulillah.

Russell2k7
December 31, 2007, 03:14 PM
What the hell, why would we remove our best player from captaincy? He is actually looking more comfortable as a captain. Our team is just in a worse form possible.

tonoy
December 31, 2007, 03:18 PM
chose the last one. Murad you knew what I was gonna say didnt you?

Moshin
Tonoy you must be a real Ashraful hater I think.

tonoy
NO I dont hate him that much. I just want SN to be the captain. IF thats done, then I have no problem with him.

Murad
December 31, 2007, 03:26 PM
chose the last one. Murad you knew what I was gonna say didnt you?

lolz.. Ki jani....

but there were some other people said it some other threads... thats why i added the option.

Rifat
December 31, 2007, 03:41 PM
the best time to open the thread would have been next summer... after aussie series...

Moshin
December 31, 2007, 03:43 PM
NO I dont hate him that much. I just want SN to be the captain. IF thats done, then I have no problem with him.
Well I dont think that is ever possible by looking at it, he's not even in the squads, if he is ever to become captain he will have to score more hundreds than Ashraful has ever done, if he does than your illness of Ashraful will slowly fade away:smug:

Murad
December 31, 2007, 03:49 PM
the best time to open the thread would have been next summer... after aussie series...

Well, this is the end of 2007. He has captaind in 3 series so far. People already started crying to drop him from captaincy. So I thought I should know what other people think.

zainab
December 31, 2007, 03:56 PM
It is too early to rate Ash as a captain. How long was Bashar the captain? I am sure that he went through some very dark days, had a few good wins in the number of years he has been captain. He himself was not an exceptional player, but had good players who were were willing to put up a good show for their country.
It is the team that makes the captain look good, and I say that this team is very young, lack experience, cannot think properly and have not learnt how to play good cricket. Mash is out of form, Shahadat tries, spinners are not effective, Rasel is injured. What does one expect? everything seem to be going downhill on this tour.I knew that BD will do badly after they lost the matches to the local teams. My conclusion is if they cannot beat these teams, how can they beat a very strong national team with quality players. It was asking for too much, and it took the last ODI for NZ to show BD what they are capable of.
How can Ash stand up alone without the help and support of a good, solid team, players who are dedicated, even his vice captain Mash looks like he is not interested in playing cricket anymore. poor Ash, he accepted the captaincy of a young, weak team and thought that he can work magic. I feel sorry for him, i know how disheartened he must be and i am sure that he is not looking forward to the test matches, because the burden is upon him to perform.
I dread to think what will happen in the Test matches, for it seem that the Coach and management cannot solve this problem.

BanCricFan
December 31, 2007, 04:05 PM
Ashraful is our Ashar-phul. Period.

I would like to see him at the helm during the 2011 CWC and beyond, Insha-allah!

israr
December 31, 2007, 04:24 PM
Ashraful is our Ashar-phul.

Wah! Superb! Love that! Keep it up BanCricFan! Finally you're the one to discover the right nick for our Ashraful, as opposed to the antonymous Ashrafool used by other members who themselves don't have any identity, let alone being a fool.

zainab
December 31, 2007, 05:24 PM
I have always been a great supporter of my little Ash, ever since he was 17 years old. Hurts me when members here bash him, wish the worst for him,, removed from the team etc.
Who has been a most dedicated cricketer for BD? he did not even enjoy his childhood. It brings tears to my eyes.

Haider
December 31, 2007, 06:19 PM
It is too early to rate Ash as a captain. How long was Bashar the captain? I am sure that he went through some very dark days, had a few good wins in the number of years he has been captain. He himself was not an exceptional player, but had good players who were were willing to put up a good show for their country.
It is the team that makes the captain look good, and I say that this team is very young, lack experience, cannot think properly and have not learnt how to play good cricket. Mash is out of form, Shahadat tries, spinners are not effective, Rasel is injured. What does one expect? everything seem to be going downhill on this tour.I knew that BD will do badly after they lost the matches to the local teams. My conclusion is if they cannot beat these teams, how can they beat a very strong national team with quality players. It was asking for too much, and it took the last ODI for NZ to show BD what they are capable of.
How can Ash stand up alone without the help and support of a good, solid team, players who are dedicated, even his vice captain Mash looks like he is not interested in playing cricket anymore. poor Ash, he accepted the captaincy of a young, weak team and thought that he can work magic. I feel sorry for him, i know how disheartened he must be and i am sure that he is not looking forward to the test matches, because the burden is upon him to perform.
I dread to think what will happen in the Test matches, for it seem that the Coach and management cannot solve this problem.

I have always been a great supporter of my little Ash, ever since he was 17 years old. Hurts me when members here bash him, wish the worst for him,, removed from the team etc.
Who has been a most dedicated cricketer for BD? he did not even enjoy his childhood. It brings tears to my eyes.

"Stalker Alert"... this might be a good time for Ash to get a Restraining Order.
Just kidding. Zainab .. we all love ash..as we know he is a blessing in our small cricket nation. Ash is a very talented player. But it looks like .. ur love for him is a bit too extreme...u get easily frustrated when anyone talks down to Ash.. I think u need to relax.. otherwise... god knows what will be cooking in ur head..

StoneCold
December 31, 2007, 07:54 PM
In the last 3 ODI matches, Ashraful demonstrated some leadership skills. He was confident of what he was doing and wasn’t scared of the New Zeland attack. It is difficult to judge from T.V but his facial expression and body language was that of assurance. I prefer Ashraful as a captain than Bashar due to above reasons and as many mentioned he is still young and will develop further. He is a great asset for Bangladesh Cricket.

Sovik
December 31, 2007, 08:39 PM
i think he is ok. he needs more time. we still have a young team and they are not doing that bad. mcculam's innings was a fluke. he could have got out on 28.

Hatebreed
December 31, 2007, 08:46 PM
It is still too early to say. Ashraful is lacking the support of his team. This series hasn't gone our way, but let's not be down on him. He is a young captain of a young team. Perhaps he's a little too confident because of his own ability, but there's no point blaming one person for the failure of the entire team.

BD-Shardul
January 1, 2008, 03:29 AM
Wah! Superb! Love that! Keep it up BanCricFan! Finally you're the one to discover the right nick for our Ashraful, as opposed to the antonymous Ashrafool used by other members who themselves don't have any identity, let alone being a fool.

This in nothing new. I have seen that Ashar Ful word many times in Bangla Newspapers.

I BTW think think that captaincy is making Ash consistent. Ek dhile dui pakhi-
Captaincy + Runs !!! :D:D:D

Foozy
January 1, 2008, 05:11 AM
Hes a good captain. Perfect if you look at bd. And one man cannot make the team win. Its a team sport, although he tries hard, and thats what matters.

Sovik
January 1, 2008, 08:08 AM
we can't just blame our captain. it was ok to blame if it was Haba. in last ODI ash tried every bowler in those 6 overs and every one got hammered. and its really hard to motivate your team mates if you have just 93 runs to defend. and you certainly can not set a field for bad balls. only one thing he failed to do as a captain is to bat sensibly.

Rifat
January 1, 2008, 08:12 AM
we can't just blame our captain. it was ok to blame if it was Haba. in last ODI ash tried every bowler in those 6 overs and every one got hammered. and its really hard to motivate your team mates if you have just 93 runs to defend. and you certainly can not set a field for bad balls. only one thing he failed to do as a captain is to bat sensibly.

he still top scored from the Bangladeshi side, just above his career average, :D

Sovik
January 1, 2008, 08:22 AM
he still top scored from the Bangladeshi side, just above his career average, :D

but the way he got out that wasn't necessary. ash needs to realize that he is the best batsman in the team and he will have to stay till the end. He is the "LARA" of our team. and we can't afford a "LARA" at this moment. we need him to become "Chanderpaul". we were in the game as long as he was in the crease. we have lot of young players who has peanut size brain and don't really understand the situation and can't help choosing wrong balls to hit. so he has to play long innings and make an example. he just can't ask mushfiq why he tired to flick a straight ball or why farhad came down the wicket. because they will also ask him why did he have to hook mason. he should play sensibly and ask his team mates to follow his path. right now every players following his path. which is throwing their wickets.

above his career avarage. thats just 20 man.

lamisa
January 1, 2008, 10:45 AM
i gave him a 4.wanted 2 giv him 5 but itz 2 early but ei porjonto amar ore khubii bhalo lagse.aggressive captaincy plus he has also been consistent amon da runz in sum matches in da sl tour,WC, nd even in NZ.r ki chai amader @ dis stage?????ashre bash dile amar asholei khub kharap lage,zainaber moto chokhe pani ashe na kintu mone mone je bash day tar jonno galir jhorna boy.

Ishtylish cricketer
January 1, 2008, 11:25 AM
I am not going to blame the weatherman for the tornado.
couldn't agree more with you mate.

Sohel
January 1, 2008, 12:06 PM
He's still learning the art of Captaincy and has come a LONG way on the field. I'd give him a high 3 just as expected for now, but he'll get a perfect 5 out of 5 in 3 years or so - NO DOUBT ABOUT THAT. I'm sure Coach Siddons will see to it.

His off the field stuff needs to improve a bit. He cannot get carried away with his almost fan-like expectation slash wishful thinking the way he has been. Confidence is great but delusions are not.

Ahmed_B
January 1, 2008, 12:19 PM
The most important option is missing from the poll: "It is still too early to judge his captaincy" :)

Haradhon
January 1, 2008, 12:38 PM
Ashraful is learning and his captaincy so far show that. One thing about him that bother me is that he is still playing a large number of risky shots, like the one he could have avoided in the 3rd ODI.

Shobha
January 1, 2008, 01:18 PM
Although i find nothing wrong with ash's captincy, i still think that he shouldnt heve been the captain just yet as i feel that he needed more time to develop his talent rather jumping into responsibilities.it was obvious from the start the ash was going to be captaing one day or another but it happend too soon. the bcb got too excited with him.

if you ask me i would've put rafique or sn up for the position, funnily enough none of them are in the team!

Parisa
January 1, 2008, 03:20 PM
ahsraful is simply brilliant....a natural leader....a good teamate.....reliable guy....calculative...

deshi_evolutionz
January 3, 2008, 04:09 AM
I saw many members in the match threads asking Ashraful to step down from captaincy. Some of them even saying we lost the last match so badlly only because of the captain.

But in my opinion, Ashraful is the best captain we ever had for Bangladesh National Team. His field settings & rotation of bowlers are just excellent. He's very aggressive and very innovative. And yes he's sometimes very defensive. When your bowlers bowl craps then as a captain he doesn't have much options except being defensive. Even captain Ponting would do that if his bowlers bowl like ours. Our bowlers are not that bad but I think they are brainless (except Rasel & Razzak), don't know where to bowl.

So far, he has captained in the Tour of Srilanka, T20 Champion, Tour of NZ(ODI Series).

Now I would like you people to rate him as captain. Rating is from 1 thru 5.

Please kindly explain your rating. :)

Thank You!

Happy New Year.

i agreee broo

cricman
January 5, 2008, 12:22 AM
Ash out-captained that nerd Vettori in everyway possible today

al Furqaan
January 5, 2008, 12:24 AM
i gave him 4 out of 5...i want to now change it to 10 out of 5.

scoilaheez
January 5, 2008, 12:31 AM
Ash is the best option we have got. Do you think Stephen Fleming was the best captain in the world as soon as he started. He had a similar path to Ash and with time maybe Ash will be as good at captaincy as Fleming. But it takes 3-5 years experience to become a high quality captain.

AsifTheManRahman
January 5, 2008, 12:32 AM
Fleming never really had decent players to back up his ideas, or else his figures would have looked a lot better.

Ash is the best option we have got. Do you think Stephen Fleming was the best captain in the world as soon as he started. He had a similar path to Ash and with time maybe Ash will be as good at captaincy as Fleming. But it takes 3-5 years experience to become a high quality captain.

Sohel
January 5, 2008, 12:34 AM
Fleming never really had decent players to back up his ideas, or else his figures would have looked a lot better.

Uno mas.

karimjay.
January 5, 2008, 04:13 AM
All I can say is that captaincy wise... I'm glad I support BD and not India.