PDA

View Full Version : a little scrap

Shafin
December 31, 2007, 07:00 PM
http://img2.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/88e238bc39.jpg

Shafin
December 31, 2007, 07:00 PM
How's it looking?
In the actual file,the fonts render much more beautifully.
The problem is,I've done it in powerpoint and now I cant figure out how to convert this thing to html.

Zunaid
December 31, 2007, 07:21 PM
Not visible. Save the ppt as PDF or "save as" HTML and link from here.

Shafin
December 31, 2007, 08:22 PM
http://rapidshare.com/files/80397292/Presentation1.pptx.html

I have edited the first post, is it visible now?

Sovik
December 31, 2007, 08:30 PM
looks great. lets hope new match thread will break the habit of losing

Zunaid
December 31, 2007, 08:35 PM
http://rapidshare.com/files/80397292/Presentation1.pptx.html

I have edited the first post, is it visible now?

Visible yes but can you remove the reflection effect please for ease of reading?

Shafin
December 31, 2007, 09:53 PM
Visible yes but can you remove the reflection effect please for ease of reading?
NOW?
http://s2.largeimagehost.com/HL/UXFctht/Presentation2.jpg (http://www.largeimagehost.com)

Bancan
December 31, 2007, 10:05 PM
Thats really cool. If you could add links to player profile when pictures are clicked would be cool.

Hatebreed
December 31, 2007, 10:05 PM
Looks nice, but I prefer regular design. If I'm correct you can't create an image map (i.e. clickable areas on the image) in the forum, which is inconvenient.

Spitfire_x86
December 31, 2007, 10:22 PM
Looks great, but I'd rather have the much more bandwidth friendly normal text post.

Shafin
December 31, 2007, 10:24 PM
Looks nice, but I prefer regular design. If I'm correct you can't create an image map (i.e. clickable areas on the image) in the forum, which is inconvenient.
Image maps are not really needed,If the background can be fragmented in Five pieces(one each for each side,one for top,one for bottom and one for the curve under the title),the rest can be html'zed with two background colors.And two more Images will be needed for the separators.

Shafin
December 31, 2007, 10:28 PM
Looks great, but I'd rather have the much more bandwidth friendly normal text post.
I know :(

BTW,people from BD are the minority,there are people here who needs less than one tenth of a second to load this.

And if it can be expressed in HTML,the size wont be really that much.And I thought the style needed to be changed,its been on use for ages.

Another factor here is the visibility of the first post,even before the match starts,the first page usually gets filled and the post is no longer visible.

BTW,this needs to be decided upon by members,and thats why its a scrap and not a match thread.

Spitfire_x86
December 31, 2007, 10:41 PM
I know :(

BTW,people from BD are the minority,there are people here who needs less than one tenth of a second to load this.

And if it can be expressed in HTML,the size wont be really that much.And I thought the style needed to be changed,its been on use for ages.
Plain text post is still going to load faster, no matter how fast the connection is. And it will take a lot of effort to convert it into HTML page, but it will still be over 100K (more like ~200K I suppose).

And you're right, the style needs to be changed. There's no rule that a match thread post should be littered with all sorts of links and graphics. Links to live commentary, broadcast info and CI and BC tour home is probably enough, no need for any sort of fancy graphics, board logo, flags etc. Bring back the good old days of few liner match thread posts.

Shafin
December 31, 2007, 10:48 PM
The few liners wont come back. Now a days,members expect all the informations from BC match threads, so I cant see a way we can get that back.I have had a pretty horrible experience trying to post an one liner one, remember?

And the net is moving towards a sleeker look,why lag behind on the old days?Computers evolved from CLIs to GUIs,didn't they?
I really do believe we can incorporate video previews in the match thread by 2010- 2 years from now on.

Hatebreed
December 31, 2007, 11:26 PM
Image maps are not really needed,If the background can be fragmented in Five pieces(one each for each side,one for top,one for bottom and one for the curve under the title),the rest can be html'zed with two background colors.And two more Images will be needed for the separators.

It would have to be a lot more than that. What if I want to check the stats of a particular player?

Nafis_BD
December 31, 2007, 11:42 PM
It's looking very nice Shafin bhaiya but my main concern would be the bandwith, page uploading slowly, you know what I mean!!

Nocturnal
January 1, 2008, 01:43 AM
it looks really cool.

Shafin
January 1, 2008, 02:27 AM
It would have to be a lot more than that. What if I want to check the stats of a particular player?
What I said is the places where the player info's are would not be rendered as images,rather as texts on a colored background.Only the curves and borders will need images and there will be no text there,as you can see in the mockup.But I am a complete noob on html,so someone else has to do it for me. And its doable, see the site from which I stole the design Idea from:
http://screenlets.org/index.php/Home

WarWolf
January 1, 2008, 03:22 AM
Looks great shafin. Hope Bangladesh will perform this way.

al-Sagar
January 1, 2008, 03:52 AM
great job

wiseshah
January 1, 2008, 04:01 AM
How's it looking?
In the actual file,the fonts render much more beautifully.
The problem is,I've done it in powerpoint and now I cant figure out how to convert this thing to html.

Bro u made the best thread ever. hope its the official first test thread. its so graphical and shows ur great work. just loved it. two thumbs up.

Electrequiem
January 1, 2008, 04:07 AM
great work, shafin bhai. Standard-setter for threads from hereon.

Rifat
January 1, 2008, 08:14 AM
i nominate you to open BOTH test match threads... sigh! i will open a real match thread when i learn more computer art!

Sovik
January 1, 2008, 08:28 AM
looks cool but could take some time to load. why don't we ask that guy (shamz, i am not too sure) who just opens a new poll everytime he visits BC to open a poll and let the fans decide.

oporajeyo_bangla
January 1, 2008, 09:09 AM
I would add the time info for North America; other than that, looks good!

Shafin
January 1, 2008, 09:38 AM
I would add the time info for North America; other than that, looks good!
When I was taking Screenshots of My clock for this purpose,I thought hard about this,But the timing system there confuses me,apparently,one clock for America is not enough. So I decided only to include the Venue Clock-obvious,the clock for Bangladesh and the clock for GMT,globally accepted standard time.

BanCricFan
January 1, 2008, 10:29 AM
Excellent effort, Shafin! A lot of time must have gone into it!

BTW, Bangla spelling of McCullum should be McKalam...and not Kulam...:D

Moshin
January 1, 2008, 10:31 AM
Wow Shafin good one.

rubel_18
January 1, 2008, 10:31 AM
Very nice Shafin bhai!!!