PDA

View Full Version : Aftermath of Queenstown performance : It starts again, this time from New Zealand media

Miraz
January 1, 2008, 02:01 PM
It hurts, it really hurts. I have never read such a brutal attack on Bangladesh cricket. It went way too far when it pointed towards our economy and charity effort.

Look at these words

And you won't see a more helpless cricket mob than the one masquerading as an international outfit touring New Zealand right now.

Ever since the late Beatle George Harrison promoted charity concerts for the impoverished country nearly 40 years ago, Bangladesh has been a byword for poverty.

There is a natural temptation to temper any criticism of a sports team from Bangladesh because of the economic situation, and their cricketers are - after all - still feeling their way in the international arena where they make sparse appearances.

Where does charity end and hard-headed sports analysis begin, in this case? I don't know. It is a delicate line.
The first thing you want to do when you see the Bangladesh players is remind them to be home by nine o'clock and check whether they've done their homework.
This boyish image is a little deceptive because while they look like a first XI, the average age of the team that capitulated in Queenstown was a massive 21.

That team did include hoary ol' Abdur Razzak, who checks in at 25 and would qualify for the nickname of Pops among that lot. Bangladesh were so bad in Queenstown that they couldn't even raise a tally beyond their combined ages. This, after their skipper Mohammad Ashraful made what became the wildest prediction of 2007 when his side was walloped in Napier.
"I believe we can recover from that performance - we're capable of much better," he declared.
The only way the tests will last past a couple of days is via the opportunity they represent for McCullum and Co to bolster their batting averages.

The tourists appear to be so bad that the New Zealand openers might not only last until lunch, but have enough teeth left to eat it. Which is very confusing, because half of this Bangladesh team enjoyed victories over India and South Africa at last year's World CupLet's hope they help Bangladesh put up credible resistance instead of continuing to look like skittles that have been hit by a wrecking ball. But at this point in the tour, you would have to say there is no point in the tour.

The bloke you have to feel extremely sorry for, though, is Scott Styris. Having bolstered the one day side after returning from injury in the lead-up to the World Cup, a rough run of test match form has seen him chopped for the Bangladesh test series.

The selectors' reasoning is that Mathew Sinclair is more likely to bat for long periods.

Yes, but Chris Martin could bat for long periods against Bangladesh, not that he will get the chance.
I will send the article to Bangladesh media manager and will request him to read the article in front of the cricketers. What a shame!!

It's from New Zealand herald.

Who wants to take the pain, please follow the link... (http://www.nzherald.co.nz/section/4/story.cfm?c_id=4&objectid=10484965)

Electrequiem
January 1, 2008, 02:04 PM
Ahh, the shame, the shame. I can feel my eyes burning in anguish and despair.

If such words don't motivate them to use common sense, i don't know WHAT will.

Aftermath? More like AFTERSHOCK.

Russell2k7
January 1, 2008, 02:12 PM
Damnnn. They went overboard with the whole economy and charity stuff. However, the other stuff is deserving. Now, the only way to respond is to beat NZ in both of the test and eliminate this shame.

Murad
January 1, 2008, 02:14 PM
MF.. He doesn't remember how badly SA F*d them up in both Test & ODI series? I don't understand what the f*k is wrong with these big bullies. They write anything they want. Why they hell they have to bring in our economy in this matter? Damnn I thought they are nice people in NZ. I used to hate J Crowe and now I hate all of them.

Rifat
January 1, 2008, 02:15 PM
Miraz brother check your PM :)

layperson
January 1, 2008, 02:18 PM
If this article does not fire up each and every cricketer in the playing eleven to destroy NZ in the test matches then they are the biggest bunch of thick skinned shameless individuals to ever walk on earth. The best and only response to this article would be a miraculous performance from our cricketers in the test matches where we should take the test to a 5 day draw if not win it.

Murad
January 1, 2008, 02:24 PM
The selectors' reasoning is that Mathew Sinclair is more likely to bat for long periods.

Yes, but Chris Martin could bat for long periods against Bangladesh, not that he will get the chance.

Look what the stupid said. Mashrafe must fire up. Else I'm gonna shoot that stupid.

AsifTheManRahman
January 1, 2008, 02:25 PM
The second and third quotes are justified, and unfortunately our players will have to suck it up and perform for now.

The first one, though, doesn't make sense. Well, whatever helps a chap earn some chop for his belly.

Miraz
January 1, 2008, 02:32 PM
I have already sent the article to Rabeed Imam. Waiting for his response.

Murad
January 1, 2008, 02:35 PM
I just emailed the a$$ and said whatever I could.

sandpiper
January 1, 2008, 02:41 PM
শুধু ক্রিকেটাররাই পারে এর জবাব দিতে

BanCricFan
January 1, 2008, 02:47 PM
Muradnyc, understandably many will be greatly upset by this horrible article but lets not lose all our composure here. There is no need to use such inappropriate words to vent your indignation. This is tabloid journalism- treat it as such!

Miraz, you should definitely relay this article to our media manager for the benifit of our players. Not that they need to know but it might motivate them to give their 120% come the test matches.

I'm sure, BD will put up a much better fight in the Test series. Ash, Bashar, Aftab, Tamim, Shahadat, Mashrafi and Enamul will come good, insha-allah!

Russell2k7
January 1, 2008, 02:57 PM
All right I dont care if they loose the both test matches but Ashraful Tamim or even Mashrafee better hit Vettori 6 sixes. The article is not completely wrong though.

Miraz
January 1, 2008, 02:59 PM
The article may not be wrong, but the the tone with which it is written is completely unacceptable.

It hasn't followed even the simplest etiquettes of journalism.

Rifat
January 1, 2008, 03:03 PM
i found this super hilarious:

:floor:

Bangladesh have shipped in a trio of players to bolster the test side including Habibul Bashar, who is a positively ancient 35 although he probably won't look a day over 22.

Moshin
January 1, 2008, 03:05 PM
Well, I am shocked I can't believe these guys have written this, unbelievable. Bloody B*******

Nafis_BD
January 1, 2008, 03:11 PM
The article may not be wrong, but the the tone with which it is written is completely unacceptable.

It hasn't followed even the simplest etiquettes of journalism.

Exactly!!! They have just gone too far with the charity and the economy stuff. I really hope our our media manager reads the whole article to our players and this fires up the players. Miraz bhaiya, if you don't mind could you share Mr. Rabeed Imam's reply with us please??

I remember in the WC Mash said he got fired up by what Pathan said about too short of a time after the WC to have the BD vs IND series and that fired up Mash. Well this should fire him up even more. Not only him but the whole BD team!!!

BangladeshFan
January 1, 2008, 03:15 PM

is it because of the way HB looks or the way he pulls(and almost always get caught) like an angry young man? :-p

i find it impossible to believe though that the writer havent seen HB yet on tv.

sandpiper
January 1, 2008, 03:16 PM
And you won't see a more helpless cricket mob than the one masquerading as an international outfit touring New Zealand right now.

If Bangladesh is masquerading as an international outfit now, his New Zealand had a long history of 26 years of masquerading in the test arena without a single win. He needs a reminder of this reality at first. :sick:

http://howstat.com/cricket/Statistics/Matches/MatchListCountry.asp?A=NZL

Moshin
January 1, 2008, 03:23 PM
Can everyone email this guy, Chris Rattue who wrote the report and express your deepest feelings from reading the article. He is dissing our country for playing bad cricket. Email Chris Rattue (http://www.nzherald.co.nz/author/email.cfm?a_id=22&objectid=10484965)

Miraz
January 1, 2008, 03:27 PM
Can everyone email this guy, Chris Rattue who wrote the report and express your deepest feelings from reading the article. He is dissing our country for playing bad cricket. Email Chris Rattue (http://www.nzherald.co.nz/author/email.cfm?a_id=22&objectid=10484965)

Moshin, I understand your frustration but I don't think it's a good idea to email the author to vent our anger.

I will request everyone to refrain from such an act.

Our performance on the field is way more important than some e-mails filled with hatred or harsh words.

Orion
January 1, 2008, 03:28 PM
there is no point showing anger to this pathetic writing unless our team performs in the field...the last ODI was shameful....we have to perform in the tests if we want to shut the critics for good.

Imtiazk
January 1, 2008, 03:35 PM
If Bangladesh is masquerading as an international outfit now, his New Zealand had a long history of 26 years of masquerading in the test arena without a single win. He needs a reminder of this reality at first. :sick:

I know we go very defensive whenever anyone questions our legitimacy as a test playing nation. The New Zealand statistic is always held up.

In those 26 years , NZ played only 45 test matches. They did not have the equivalent of a Zimbabwe in their time. The 26 years also included the 6 war years when there was no test cricket. As it was over 26 years, many players retired in the meantime.

Of the 45 matches , they drew 18 matches, lost 26 and won 1.

Bangladesh has so far played 49 tests, drawn 5, lost 43, won 1. As we have been playing for only 7 years, many of our players are far more experienced. For example, Bashar and Mashud have played right from the beginning. Ashraful has been playing for 6 years, Mashrafe 5.

We have also played Zimbabwe 8 times. Of course our solitary win came over them.

I think , the two stats are not strictly comparable.

http://howstat.com/cricket/Statistics/Countries/CountryStats.asp?CountryCode=10

http://howstat.com/cricket/Statistics/Matches/MatchListCountry.asp?A=BAN

kaisermatin
January 1, 2008, 03:38 PM
Being from a poor country is a shame for all of us. We face the neglect almost every now and then. Now the rubbing of salt from NZ media on a newly cut flesh is more painful. BD cricketers have provided NZ a sharp knife to cut us into pieces. Thanks to Ash and gang! we still love and support you!

Sovik
January 1, 2008, 03:54 PM
its their turn to say. just a month ago they got their A**es handed to South africa and Australia

Rifat
January 1, 2008, 03:57 PM
Moshin, I understand your frustration but I don't think it's a good idea to email the author to vent our anger.

I will request everyone to refrain from such an act.

Our performance on the field is way more important than some e-mails filled with hatred or harsh words.

mone hocche shobaike PM pathaite hobe ;), on second thought, he who waits patiently and sincerly will get the best of rewards...

people, let the test matches begin.

Rifat
January 1, 2008, 04:02 PM
Being from a poor country is a shame for all of us. We face the neglect almost every now and then. Now the rubbing of salt from NZ media on a newly cut flesh is more painful. BD cricketers have provided NZ a sharp knife to cut us into pieces. Thanks to Ash and gang! we still love and support you!

Bangladesh is not comparatively poor, our money distribution is just skewed towards the rich when we plot an economical graph from Bangladesh,look at all the plazas, markets, buldings in some parts of Dhaka, unbelievable!!!!

people compete to make skyscrapers in Dhaka these days!!

on the other side we have about 100,000 foodless, homeless :(

shujan
January 1, 2008, 04:27 PM
This quotes are funny! NZ plays with 13 people 11+2 umpire. NZ surely has the advantage.

Sohel
January 1, 2008, 04:32 PM
They have crossed the line here. I can take the jibes and the ridicule, but the tone seemed genuinely mean-spirited to me. Shame of this tabloid journo. :down:

Nafi
January 1, 2008, 04:44 PM
its their turn to say. just a month ago they got their A**es handed to South africa and Australia

Not even a month, a few weeks

nsd3
January 1, 2008, 04:45 PM
BD Team Management might get defensive (typical bangladeshi attitude) and think about not to discuss it with the players. Players' fragile mental strength might be destroyed by this :mad:.

By the way, any response from RI?

Miraz
January 1, 2008, 04:48 PM
BD Team Management might get defensive (typical bangladeshi attitude) and think about not to discuss it with the players. Players' fragile mental strength might be destroyed by this :mad:.

By the way, any response from RI?

Nope! nothing yet.

Roni_uk
January 1, 2008, 04:55 PM
wow... knew this was coming but not in these harsh words. All news channels here in UK have been broadcasting the news of the third ODI pretty extensively .. SKY, CNN, NDTV India, Star News, English Radio News which I found surprising given the fact not many news channels broadcasted anything about the first 2 ODIs or even our 20/20 win. Having said this, Kewis did win the match in record time!

Well sad start of the year for our cricket, hope and pray that it doesnt last very long!

Happy New Year to all
Roni

Nafi
January 1, 2008, 04:59 PM
I hope my friends dont give me a hard time about this at school. Having so many indian and paki friends has its disadvantages.

Cant wait for the day when Bangladesh take revenge.

taklima_naj
January 1, 2008, 05:17 PM
Only our team can give the right answer of this rubbish attitude.waiting for that day.

Xavier
January 1, 2008, 05:19 PM
A silly article, only written to raise a couple of "easy laughs". Not to be taken seriously, IMO. Let's hope Bangladesh cricketers can show in the Test series they can make troubles to the NZ team.

shujan
January 1, 2008, 05:49 PM

Thank you! I hope each Bangladeshi player have atleast one copy of the article in their pocket during the test match.

al Furqaan
January 1, 2008, 06:28 PM

i was absolutely enfuriated, till i read that line.

i think this guy is kidding. i'll admit its still in bad taste, but that bashar 22 line has got me rolling.

al Furqaan
January 1, 2008, 06:30 PM
Thank you! I hope each Bangladeshi player have atleast one copy of the article in their pocket during the test match.

i want each of our players to keep that s**t in their pockets out on the field every time they go out on the field for the rest of their international careers.

Sovik
January 1, 2008, 06:30 PM
Not even a month, a few weeks

south africa tour started months ago. so there were couple of weeks of A** whipping

Tigers_eye
January 1, 2008, 06:33 PM
Of the 45 matches , they drew 18 matches, lost 26 and won 1.

Bangladesh has so far played 49 tests, drawn 5, lost 43, won 1. As we have been playing for only 7 years, many of our players are far more experienced. For example, Bashar and Mashud have played right from the beginning. Ashraful has been playing for 6 years, Mashrafe 5.
Thanks for the reality check but could please also check how many 3 or 4 day test matches they had in that time frame. I no some of them matches lasted 100 overs a day but still there is a difference between a 3 or 4 day test match and a 5 day test match. I am sure we would draw our fare share of test matches if the number of days would be reduced. Another issue was among those 45 test matches most of the matches were at home. I think our stats would be much better had that been the case.

About the article, this is more like a monolog or talking to himself. Using 'you' any type of article is a big no no.

Navarene
January 1, 2008, 06:39 PM
Verdict always goes against the vanquisher. It was harsh, it was mean, it was ruthless, still we have to eat up the words they smacked thru this article. Lets spit out our anger and ask our players to play their heart off to make these retarted journalists believe what they are really capable of.

Gowza
January 1, 2008, 06:46 PM
harsh but maybe it's what the players need to hear to really get them motivated to improve. hopefully the BD cricket team can turn this into a positive.

akabir77
January 1, 2008, 07:13 PM
Like our coach said looks like not only their captain also their media got very little memory. I would suggest them to go back to their last two series remember the A$$ soar they had from those series

akabir77
January 1, 2008, 07:15 PM
Thanks for the reality check but could please also check how many 3 or 4 day test matches they had in that time frame. I no some of them matches lasted 100 overs a day but still there is a difference between a 3 or 4 day test match and a 5 day test match. I am sure we would draw our fare share of test matches if the number of days would be reduced. Another issue was among those 45 test matches most of the matches were at home. I think our stats would be much better had that been the case.

About the article, this is more like a monolog or talking to himself. Using 'you' any type of article is a big no no.

ANd please add their Horrible umpiring in those time. don't forget that. They were the biggest thief ever before SL came to picture.

Haider
January 1, 2008, 07:39 PM
Damnnn. They went overboard with the whole economy and charity stuff. However, the other stuff is deserving. Now, the only way to respond is to beat NZ in both of the test and eliminate this shame.

LOL... and how are we suppose to do that?? we can't even last an entire 50 over with the kiwis.. :floor::floor:
This team need to realize.. its bout time they learn to play the game the way it was meant to be played. Cuz .. I'm tired of them always saying one thing and not following their own words. Its ok to loose the series.. never thought we were gonna win it.. but atlist a respectable score and some decent hitting might have made the games exciting.. anywayz.. just my $.02 If i am talking non-sense.. please don't mind. I am still tipsy from last night. Sorry

Dhakablues
January 1, 2008, 07:42 PM
In some cases, unfortunately, I will have to agree with the reporter. We dont know what is the difference between a Test match with an ODI. Had we known that, we wouldnt ahve selected 18-19 yearl od KIDS for the grueling 5 day ( okay, its 2 days for us) cricket. It is absolutely nonsense. And as much as I love Bangladesh circket, I cannot agree with this approach of letting kids play mathces against the giants. Sorry,, this is not test cricket and it wont be. Unless you know the meaning of Patience, which you cant really expect from an 18 year old, how do you expect that temperment? Unless you have the skills of a superb cricketer to be qualified for the precious ( not in Bangladesh context, offcourse) test cap, how do you expect to last against a counterpart who spent their good 10-15 years in playing professional cricket? When Tamim/Sakib has to still learn how to take singles, you expect them to deliver against Bond/Martin/Vettori? Lets be practical here... The reporter is right,, Razzaq is the old bloke at 25. Shame on us that we couldnt take advantage of experienced cricketers like Rafique, Pilot, Omar.. Its a terse report but not unexpected when we lose like the 3rd ODI. Infusing youth is one thing but fielding a Olympic U23 team against a Test team is not a respectable act and thats what is reflected in the report...

BD Tigers
January 1, 2008, 07:59 PM
until we perform, this things will come. only way to stop is to PERFORM.

nsd3
January 1, 2008, 09:47 PM
To make sure Players show what they are capable of - first we have to see how the team management manages this criticism. They might keep the players in the dark about it. I remember when BD went to Aus for the first time lot of critics published on dailies, however, none (players) could know about those while in Aus. As someone mentioned that most players don't understand english and they don't bother going through English newspapers.

So it's the Team Management that can make a differene here and make the players aware and positively motivated. If RI could be informed about how it can be utilized constructively along with the article - that would be great.

Protic
January 1, 2008, 09:54 PM
Miraz.. bhai please.. please make the manager read this infront of the cricketers..they should know..kosto ta oder o pawa dorkar.

zia
January 1, 2008, 10:14 PM
Here is another one from NZ Herald. Much better than the previous one. I would say encouraging.Scpecially when it comes from NZ coach. Siddon's observations are also timely and reasonable.
Cricket: Bangladesh decade away from parity (http://www.nzherald.co.nz/section/4/story.cfm?c_id=4&objectid=10484985)

kaisermatin
January 1, 2008, 10:24 PM
even a draw will make me happy

Dhakablues
January 1, 2008, 10:27 PM
For some reason,, I have a wild intuition that either Shahrier/Bashar will surprise us in the test series... I hope they do get selected for the final XI.

Beamer
January 1, 2008, 10:37 PM
Until today, I didn't know or cared to know about New Zealand Herald, and I still feel the same way. Why should we be so perturbed by it? Its a non- entity if you ask me and the writer is no Christopher Martin Jenkins ! So, just roll your eyes over guys. After all, how many kiwis will care if, lets say, our "Shomokal" or some other tabloid has something offensive to say about New Zealand or their cricket? Not many. Angrily reacting to it, sending e-mail to the writer and letting him know about it, will actually give him the exposure that he is seeking. Not worth it. Besides, it wasn't written by an active cricketer from the New Zealand side due to face us next time.

Hatebreed
January 1, 2008, 11:03 PM
There is no excuse for the kind of performance we have displayed, so I believe much of the criticism is deserved, harsh as though it may be. The media will sometimes over-sensationalise things, but for the most part it's a dose of reality that we should be getting used to by now. We have to respond to it with action not words.

Aaron
January 2, 2008, 12:24 AM
It hurts, it really hurts. I have never read such a brutal attack on Bangladesh cricket. It went way too far when it pointed towards our economy and charity effort.

Look at these words

I will send the article to Bangladesh media manager and will request him to read the article in front of the cricketers. What a shame!!

It's from New Zealand herald.

Who wants to take the pain, please follow the link... (http://www.nzherald.co.nz/section/4/story.cfm?c_id=4&objectid=10484965)

Really humiliating for all the Bangladeshis. Lojjay matha noto hoye gelo!!

billah
January 2, 2008, 01:27 AM
Our cricketers are the ambassadors of our country. They blew it, don't know why. Really don't know this time.

Every time this happens, a half-baked dim-wit will take a swipe at us. After the pasting we delivered to India early in 2007, their dim-wits have been quiet for a while. Once we nail some kiwi a$$es to the floor, these windbags will hash up also.

This criticism is unfair. However, we deserve every bit of this criticism.

mhn
January 2, 2008, 02:31 AM
i want each of our players to keep that s**t in their pockets out on the field every time they go out on the field for the rest of their international careers.

wont make any difference...they wont understand wat has been written there..so they should be given a translated copy of dat article..

wiseshah
January 2, 2008, 02:43 AM

u have done a great job miraz bhai. yes , the team management should read out loud, in the team meeting and explain them the meaning of it. hope it will grow some anger in them and they roar like a real tiger.

RazabQ
January 2, 2008, 03:21 AM
Miraz, I beg to differ with you. Provided we do so in a non-vile manner, feedback for such poor articles is a must. This is what I wrote:

Mr. Rattue,

Could you kindly provide the name of the school where you got your degree in journalism (if you have one i.e.). And the email address of your editor in chief? After your last piece on the Bangladesh cricket team, which breaks so many journalistic rules of decorum and fairness that I wouldn't know where to start, I think it's pointless to harangue you. Clearly you need to make a living and it appears that taking below-the-belt shots at the less privileged or accomplished is what you do to bring home the bacon.

Rather, I'd like to take to task the school that saw it fit to confer on you a diploma in a discipline in which you are clearly lacking, and the editors who could let such a distasteful piece pass their scrutiny.

Regards,

Razab
p.s. please don't hide behind any "it was all tongue-n-cheek" excuse.

BD-Shardul
January 2, 2008, 04:31 AM
Afsos........If our players can do something

WarWolf
January 2, 2008, 05:48 AM
Awwsome Razab bhai.

Sovik
January 2, 2008, 06:57 AM
did he answer?

cricket_king
January 2, 2008, 06:58 AM
What a lovely article. Enjoyed it very much. Thank you Miraz bhai :)

abu2abu
January 2, 2008, 07:21 AM
I wouldn't be too worried about this. It's quite an entertaining article but full of eye-catching nonsense. The comment about Bashar being 22 indicates the author's ignorance, he clearly has never seen bashar before! (I also suspect the author is hinting that the BD players lie about their age.)

In any case, this should be perfect motivation for our boys to go out there and do something special in the tests. We almost beat te aussies a while ago and NZ are no Australia...

Sovik
January 2, 2008, 07:23 AM
it was below the belt. i believe it was a nice read for the New Zealanders but he certainly did not think what would be the effect on Bangladeshi fans.

Miraz
January 2, 2008, 08:30 AM
The comment about Bashar being 22 indicates the author's ignorance, he clearly has never seen bashar before! (I also suspect the author is hinting that the BD players lie about their age.)

You are probably right, it went through my mind as well.

Miraz
January 2, 2008, 08:33 AM
I have received a reply from the media manager of Bangladesh team.

Hi Miraz,

This hurts and I personally feel like getting back at that writer......but we'll just have to wait for the right opportunity.

Regards

Rabeed

Sovik
January 2, 2008, 08:39 AM
I have received a reply from the media manager of Bangladesh team.

right opportunity. only our players could answer that ignorant ***** ** ****. i am really sorry for my language here

lamisa
January 2, 2008, 08:40 AM
luv u 4 dat mail razab bhai.de wanna criticise our cricket,fyn.but WTF is up wid bullying our economy nd all da charity stuff?????????bangladeshi cricketerder jodi ektuo desh prem r lojja bodh thake den de shud giv a real big time spank in da *** 2 da kiwis(i mean draw de matches @least).miraz bhai,i m sorry i disagree wid u bout nt sndn dat @$$h*le a mail.
JOY BANGLA

lamisa
January 2, 2008, 09:26 AM
Dear Mr.Rattue,
Who on earth are you to attack the Bangladeshi economy like that in your previos article on Bangladesh?How much exactly about bangladesh do you know to pass such horrendous comments about the economy?You have got to take a look at other things before passing such comments.India,our neighbouring country's(in case your limited knowledge restricts you to that fact)economy is also nearly equally weak,but would you dare to pass any such comments on them?By the way,in case your small brain does not accomodate this information,Bangladesh won their first test match after playing for 5 years in their 31st match whereas the Kiwis won after playing for 26 years in their 45th match.Plus,how much cricket knowledge do you have?You,NewZealanders, do not have the passion and mania for cricket that we,Bangladeshis,have so better be aware before opening your obnoxious mouth.Please give me your address so that I can come and coach you about how to write proper articles with ettiquete.If you are even a little bit popular in New Zealand after writing such rubbish,then my coaching would definitely make you the most popular and talnted writer in the whole of New Zealad.
Bye,take care!

P.S-you have got bigger balls than head mate,toeven dare to uter such ridicule against us!

i wrote dis to dat RETARD!:-D:D

Sovik
January 2, 2008, 09:34 AM
Dear Mr.Rattue,
Who on earth are you to attack the Bangladeshi economy like that in your previos article on Bangladesh?How much exactly about bangladesh do you know to pass such horrendous comments about the economy?You have got to take a look at other things before passing such comments.India,our neighbouring country's(in case your limited knowledge restricts you to that fact)economy is also nearly equally weak,but would you dare to pass any such comments on them?By the way,in case your small brain does not accomodate this information,Bangladesh won their first test match after playing for 5 years in their 31st match whereas the Kiwis won after playing for 26 years in their 45th match.Plus,how much cricket knowledge do you have?You,NewZealanders, do not have the passion and mania for cricket that we,Bangladeshis,have so better be aware before opening your obnoxious mouth.Please give me your address so that I can come and coach you about how to write proper articles with ettiquete.If you are even a little bit popular in New Zealand after writing such rubbish,then my coaching would definitely make you the most popular and talnted writer in the whole of New Zealad.
Bye,take care!

P.S-you have got bigger balls than head mate,toeven dare to uter such ridicule against us!

i wrote dis to dat RETARD!:-D:D

too harsh. but not too bad

israr
January 2, 2008, 09:47 AM
Do our players know anout this? Can anyone confirm?

Sovik
January 2, 2008, 09:54 AM
Do our players know anout this? Can anyone confirm?

may be not. they are probably hiking at this moment or may be doing bungee jumping with ather ali khan.

ok its midnight in new zealand. even if they knew what would they do. there's no way you could reverse this and no matter what they will be told they still will throw their wickets away and bowlers will be bowling loose balls and fielders will fumble

akabir77
January 2, 2008, 10:38 AM

what do you mean by draw!!! that will be very very very high expectation. just say we can last 3 days which will be also high expectation at this point (unless NZ bat for two days)

BangladeshFan
January 2, 2008, 11:14 AM
The comment about Bashar being 22 indicates the author's ignorance, he clearly has never seen bashar before! (I also suspect the author is hinting that the BD players lie about their age.)

how can he not see Bashar? HB was captaining Bd for quite some time, he was captain during the WC. and the writer is supposed to be an avid cricket watcher, after all he is writing on cricket.
Its almost like he is pretending to be ignorant about Bangladesh.

But fair or unfair, as long as that stinks........ thats what matters. Bd players need to read it atleast twice a day to keep themselves reminding how worthless they are.:-|

Mahmood
January 2, 2008, 11:19 AM
Ei din din na, aro din achhe....

Ajfar
January 2, 2008, 12:00 PM
NZ got whopped by SA n aussie..n now that they got a lil chance..they r taking full advantage of itt..dn't get all mad n email the guy...that wn't make a difference..our players hav to make a difference with their performance...

Shobha
January 2, 2008, 12:33 PM
Oh My, I Didnt Know Things Had Gotten That Bad. This Is Shocking Man!

Imtiazk
January 2, 2008, 12:37 PM

Extending the game into the 5th day will seem to me like victory. I will settle for the much derided "shommanjonok porajoy".

Rifat
January 2, 2008, 12:44 PM
i am hoping for the best performance from the strongest squad

RazabQ
January 2, 2008, 01:29 PM
Well, I give Mr. Rattue credit for standing his ground. He wrote back to say that his article was NOT tongue-in-cheek. So presumably that is how he really perceived Bangladesh. Oh well - his loss. And guys, please don't resort to foul-language. Be the bigger person.

al Furqaan
January 2, 2008, 01:42 PM
i am sure that ashraful will at least answer Mr. Ratface, and hope mash and shahadat join in the fray as well.

crikss
January 2, 2008, 04:11 PM
damn...amar new zealand er classmate k dhore bamboo dibo...:mad:

nzfan
January 2, 2008, 04:16 PM
if Bangladesh are to have any chance, then they have to leave as many balls as possible, or they will turn into India in New zealand part 2

Orpheus
January 2, 2008, 04:33 PM
Please give me your address so that I can come and coach you about how to write proper articles with ettiquete....
:-D:D

haha! what a threat :floor:

akabir77
January 2, 2008, 05:01 PM
if Bangladesh are to have any chance, then they have to leave as many balls as possible, or they will turn into India in New zealand part 2

They have no chance. They will leave 4 balls and will try to hit the 5th one and will get out.

nzfan
January 2, 2008, 05:04 PM
Thats why i was disappointed that javed Omar got sent home, this is one of those pitches where runs are a consequence of staying at the crease for long periods of time, against Sri lanka ash showed that he is starting to have greater patience batting wise, so it would be good to see if he can carry on the same thing here, who cares if his strike rate is 30, he just needs to stay at the crease no matter what

Miraz
January 2, 2008, 05:13 PM
IMO, we will be able to put up a good fight only if we win the toss at Dunedin. Losing the toss will start another humiliation.

If NZ win the toss, they will definitely send us first to bat on a surface which is known as bowlers' paradise.

Pundit
January 2, 2008, 05:27 PM
IMO, we will be able to put up a good fight only if we win the toss at Dunedin. Losing the toss will start another humiliation.

Yes, how is it that we consistently lose tosses as well? Do we need a tossing coach from Australia ? Do we need to take 30 minutes away from practice, and learn how to call the right toss ? And under whose supervision ? How does the weather, opposition captain, ground, opposition team, influence the outcome ?

Yet again, too many variables, and no firm answers.

cricket_king
January 2, 2008, 09:59 PM
Every Bangladeshi captain has this toss-losing curse. Bashar before and now Ashraful. Ridiculous. Everything seems to be against us.

uss01
January 2, 2008, 11:14 PM
Yeah, cheap shot about the economy and being improverished, even though it is true. But at the same time New Zealand's economy is somewhat dependent on this "improverished" country. We import far more from them than they import from us. I wonder how he feels about an improverished country contributing more to New Zeleand's economy than vice versa (atleast on paper with the trade balance as we import more from them). Here are the official figures (from New Zealand government website).

http://www.mfat.govt.nz/Countries/Asia-South-and-Southeast/Bangladesh.php

Here's the quote from the website

Trade between New Zealand and Bangladesh remains modest and the trade balance continues to be in New Zealand’s favour. New Zealand’s exports to Bangladesh in the year to June 2004 were $20.4 million. Dairy products, mainly milk powder, are the principal item of export. New Zealand consultancy firms are making a useful contribution to bridge construction, education, banking and other sectors in Bangladesh. Imports from Bangladesh (mainly jute, clothing and textiles) were worth $5.6 million in the year to June 2004. New Zealand Milk Products Bangladesh is New Zealand’s largest investment in Bangladesh.

cricket_king
January 3, 2008, 12:05 AM
Yeah, cheap shot about the economy and being improverished, even though it is true. But at the same time New Zealand's economy is somewhat dependent on this "improverished" country. We import far more from them than they import from us. I wonder how he feels about an improverished country contributing more to New Zeleand's economy than vice versa (atleast on paper with the trade balance as we import more from them). Here are the official figures (from New Zealand government website).

http://www.mfat.govt.nz/Countries/Asia-South-and-Southeast/Bangladesh.php

Here's the quote from the website

Trade between New Zealand and Bangladesh remains modest and the trade balance continues to be in New Zealand’s favour. New Zealand’s exports to Bangladesh in the year to June 2004 were $20.4 million. Dairy products, mainly milk powder, are the principal item of export. New Zealand consultancy firms are making a useful contribution to bridge construction, education, banking and other sectors in Bangladesh. Imports from Bangladesh (mainly jute, clothing and textiles) were worth $5.6 million in the year to June 2004. New Zealand Milk Products Bangladesh is New Zealand’s largest investment in Bangladesh.

What's your point here? All you're saying is that they don't need our products, but we certainly need their's.

ialbd
January 3, 2008, 12:17 AM
one kisui bolte iccha kortese but they are better left untold....

they need such 'entertaining' (derogatory to others) to get the attention of their tiny cricket watching crowd. Would have formally protested by emailing this writer but the BD performance was just so low down the line, that I think the writer will come up with yet another article on how the BD fan's reacted....

I'll just wait for NZ's return tour to BD.....

Imtiazk
January 3, 2008, 02:34 AM
Yes, how is it that we consistently lose tosses as well? Do we need a tossing coach from Australia ? Do we need to take 30 minutes away from practice, and learn how to call the right toss ? And under whose supervision ? How does the weather, opposition captain, ground, opposition team, influence the outcome ?

Yet again, too many variables, and no firm answers.

We need a Judicial Commission on this. What would the coach be called ? A tosser ?

kalpurush
January 3, 2008, 03:16 AM
Ei din din na, aro din achhe....
[বাংলা]এই দিনেরে নিয়ে যাবো...সেই দিনেরো কাছে...:-D[/বাংলা]

BD-Shardul
January 3, 2008, 03:27 AM
Every Bangladeshi captain has this toss-losing curse. Bashar before and now Ashraful. Ridiculous. Everything seems to be against us.

Obhaga Jedike takay, Shagor Shukaye Jai

BD-Shardul
January 3, 2008, 03:29 AM
i am sure that ashraful will at least answer Mr. Ratface, and hope mash and shahadat join in the fray as well.

We need to answer as a team. :(

nzfan
January 3, 2008, 04:10 AM
I am sorry that a fellow countrymen has done this, but forget about it, it is only the media, they do anything they can to get peoples attention and make the worst out of situations to make money, forget him, i don't listen to crocks like that.

Anher
January 3, 2008, 04:40 AM
I am sorry that a fellow countrymen has done this, but forget about it, it is only the media, they do anything they can to get peoples attention and make the worst out of situations to make money, forget him, i don't listen to crocks like that.

That writer just remind us again what a pathetic losers we are in most way of life. Too Bad we never learn. Thats why what we were as a country still now.

MohammedC
January 3, 2008, 07:22 AM
This is small present to Mr Ratatoui (or whatever his name is)

Bond set to quit NZ cricket (http://www.nzherald.co.nz/topic/story.cfm?c_id=128&objectid=10485082)

lamisa
January 3, 2008, 10:08 AM
too harsh. but not too bad

wich part of it seemd so harsh?

Miraz
January 3, 2008, 10:25 AM
This is small present to Mr Ratatoui (or whatever his name is)

Bond set to quit NZ cricket (http://www.nzherald.co.nz/topic/story.cfm?c_id=128&objectid=10485082)

This might lead to the whole policy review about ICL.

Shartaz
January 3, 2008, 03:06 PM
what can you say! Admit it guys bangladesh played bad enough to deserve such disdain, but on the other hand it did go a bit too far with the poverty thing....at the end of the day the author's just a no life trying to earn his buck.

Dhakablues
January 3, 2008, 04:32 PM
If someone calls Bangladesh poor,, let them call it. Who cares? its the fact and there is no hiding for it. Be like nazrul who said, " He Daridro tumi more korecho mohan, .. daniyacho Khrishther Shomman...". We are poor but that doesnt mean that we feel ashamed of our poverty. We shouldnt because they are mutually exclusive. Money doesnt buy pride, tradition, honor... We are breaking out of that poverty shackle in the next few years. And all the World Bank, UN reports proves that we are on the right track.

But what amazes me is,, what does poverty has to do with cricket? Is our BCB poor? Doesnt seem like with their paying 250K for a coach and spending left and right with all the events. Brazil is world giants in Soccer,, they are not rich. In the world of athletics,, are all the dominant athletes from US/UK/Japan? It was an irrelevant reference by a bloke who just had to come up with words. The best answer to them is, like all of us are saying, just answer it by our performances.

lamisa
January 4, 2008, 01:18 AM
If someone calls Bangladesh poor,, let them call it. Who cares? its the fact and there is no hiding for it. Be like nazrul who said, " He Daridro tumi more korecho mohan, .. daniyacho Khrishther Shomman...". We are poor but that doesnt mean that we feel ashamed of our poverty. We shouldnt because they are mutually exclusive. Money doesnt buy pride, tradition, honor... We are breaking out of that poverty shackle in the next few years. And all the World Bank, UN reports proves that we are on the right track.

But what amazes me is,, what does poverty has to do with cricket? Is our BCB poor? Doesnt seem like with their paying 250K for a coach and spending left and right with all the events. Brazil is world giants in Soccer,, they are not rich. In the world of athletics,, are all the dominant athletes from US/UK/Japan? It was an irrelevant reference by a bloke who just had to come up with words. The best answer to them is, like all of us are saying, just answer it by our performances.

ecjactly!

sar2005
January 5, 2008, 10:29 AM
I know we are still far from a fight with NZ in this test, but how was that? Has Mr. Rat enjoyed day 2 of 1st test. Nothing could be a better answer than the show of Tamim and Siddique. Does he realize what it means when two teen-age debutant make unbeaten century partnership? I know today is important but there is always a 'tomorrow'.

Hope this guy will think twice in future before taking such cheap shots.

Miraz
January 5, 2008, 10:32 AM
Welcome back sar bhai, missing your regular presence.

oporajeyo_bangla
January 5, 2008, 12:11 PM
Hopefully our actions will speak louder than any words by NZ reporters!

FagunerAgun
January 5, 2008, 12:33 PM
The respect that NZ got from us through the charity match has gone to the drain.

Please control your emotion guys and we can avenge in the field through defeating them in this test match.

BD is not that poor that they think, but no blaim because our greedy and corrupt politicians are responsible for this poor situation.

Tigers_eye
January 5, 2008, 01:04 PM
Instead of focusing on the stupid articles by some individuals focus on the big heart of NZ board and people.

I bet the same individuals would have some harsh words for the NZ players after yesterday's performance. Their main job is to belittle others and sell papers (articles).

bhobishshot
January 5, 2008, 01:18 PM
Is this guy having a ego trip or what? I hope it is not a reflection of the attitude of an average New Zealander.
This idiot ties George Harrison's concert, poverty and cricket together. I personally believe that these are three different subjects and has no connection with each other.

One World
January 5, 2008, 01:53 PM

Thats a classic Tit for an utterly low class tat Bro.

roaring tigerz
January 5, 2008, 02:10 PM
Thats a classic Tit for an utterly low class tat Bro.

The only difference of course being that NZ managed to draw half of those games but our team has hardly managed to push a game to the 5th day so far. The comparisons are still a little bit skewed.

BanCricFan
January 5, 2008, 02:20 PM
The only difference of course being that NZ managed to draw half of those games but our team has hardly managed to push a game to the 5th day so far. The comparisons are still a little bit skewed.

Most of those drawn matches were Four Day Tests.

israr
January 5, 2008, 02:25 PM
Most of those drawn matches were Four Day Tests.

Actually, those were 3 day matches. Then it became 4, then 5.

sar2005
January 5, 2008, 03:16 PM
Welcome back sar bhai, missing your regular presence.

Thank you so much Miraz. I was always around and seeing the growth of BC. Just was not logging in due to many personal as well as other reasons. Let me see if I can start my second innings here again. Wish me luck :)

BD-BLAST
January 5, 2008, 04:58 PM
The respect that NZ got from us through the charity match has gone to the drain.

Please control your emotion guys and we can avenge in the field through defeating them in this test match.

BD is not that poor that they think, but no blaim because our greedy and corrupt politicians are responsible for this poor situation.

The NZ are a good bunch of people. We also shouldnt forgot their gesture of the 20-20 match as well. this 2nd class writer only gets his thoughts through the internet. he aint good enough for the pritnable version

chitranshu
January 5, 2008, 05:18 PM
bangladesh did not keep upo to expectations in the one day series but i am loving this fightbak by tamim and ther other blok
its been along time i have seen bd puttin a resistance atlest in test matches
as far as the article is concerned just once get these nz against bd on a slightly spining track they wud have no clue abt anything and there batsmen wud be running for shelters
high time these teams down under stop b.... and just play

betaar
January 5, 2008, 05:23 PM
Where's the writer now, did he write anything new after the resistence showed by our young openers? Not that this record partnership proves that all of a sudden our economy got better, but definitely shows that there's no direct relationship and he just took a cheap shot at us.

taklima_naj
January 6, 2008, 06:48 AM

u said all of it bro.

Miraz
January 6, 2008, 01:18 PM
Here you go again, he again unleashed another column and this time with reference to his previous one and the responses he received,

I made a thickly veiled effort in a column last week to be nice about Bangladesh and failed miserably, according to responding emails. Apparently it was a less than charitable effort and I was suitably admonished.

Hand on heart, let's hope the first test was a stepping stone and that the Bangladesh nation's passion for cricket is rewarded on the international stage one day. Likewise for New Zealand test cricket supporters. A young Bangladesh side that is to hardened experience what Robbie Deans is to stand-up comedy did very well to make New Zealand bat again, even if they left such a short run chase that it was only long enough for one Black Cap opener to get out.

Watching a team ill-equipped for test match cricket attempting to claw its way, mainly in vain, towards international credibility brings together that curious mix of pleasure and pain for the viewer.

As for Bangladesh though, they have an impossibly long way to go before they are of test standard.

It is a very difficult business getting a fledgling international cricket nation up to speed and New Zealand have spent the past three days proving that.
Read full
(http://www.nzherald.co.nz/section/4/story.cfm?c_id=4&objectid=10485539)

sandpiper
January 6, 2008, 01:34 PM
This guy is a freaky moron. He is writing these nonsense to earn cheap adulation. I dont care about these rubbish. :mad:

Russell2k7
January 6, 2008, 02:23 PM
I dont care about his comments really. However, how in the world do you go from 161/0 to 254/10? Our teams hasn't responded to his criticism. Lets face it, they got smoked from NZ club teams, utterly destroyed in the ODI's, in test 137/10(day 1) and 93/10(day3). When will our batsman get it in their thick heads and actually respond by performing on the fields?