PDA

View Full Version : Mohammad Rafique: is this the end?

Rifat
January 1, 2008, 05:36 PM
is this the end for Mohammad Rafique? last year he was having a wonderful year: his contributions last year:

World cup: 17th March :Bangladesh versus India, he chipped in three vital wickets;
"commentator: Mohammad Rafique, in his first delivary and UP GOES THE FINGER, Mohammad Rafique, the most experienced..."

world cup: 2nd April : Bangladesh versus New Zealand, he chipped in 30* to make us post 150+ when we were collapsing!

world cup: 7th April : Bangladesh versus South Africa, he bowled quite economically 10-2-22-1 :)

world cup:11th april : Bangladesh versus England, 10-3-33-2;

Test: Bangladesh versus India,in the second innings: 8-0-27-3, excellent figures for a test match, India declared 100/6 second innings, a rarity in the history of Bangladesh Cricket... YET!

o.k. ever since then he hasn't performed, has not been selected for T20 world cup, not been selected for New Zealand tour, at least select him for tests...my only question is: it hasn't been stone ages since we saw his potential...is he completely done, or the selectors ignoring him?

will he be missed for tests upcoming?

shujan
January 1, 2008, 05:42 PM
Bangladesh bowling is nothing without Rafiq. That has been proven in NZ. His giudence and fighting attitude is a must have for Bangladesh bowler. He makes everybody else better. Our stupid main selector is a crack head leaving Rafiq out of because of his attitude. Rafiq had attitude all of his life. Attitude wins match.

sandpiper
January 1, 2008, 05:44 PM
I hope the selectors pick him for the upcoming series as well. He is one of my favorite cricketers who plays out of his skin for the team. He is an experienced campaigner and a great fielder too. His inclusion would surely boost up the morale of the whole team in these hard days.

Bengaliprince176
January 1, 2008, 05:45 PM
Mohammed Rafique is easily the best bolwer for BD, i knw theres newcomers like Mash and Shahadat, but none are so dependable like Rafi Saab!! lol hopefully he has still a long way to go, before he goes!

Xavier
January 1, 2008, 05:51 PM
He must be part of the team for the home series to South Africa... his bowling could be really effective against them!

Omio
January 1, 2008, 06:03 PM
He will be back Insallah. Age is not supporting him though.

Moshin
January 1, 2008, 06:06 PM
Yes I agree Mohammed Rafique is like the legend of Bangladesh cricket, he has always been there for the team, but now the young guys have come, ruined his career.

akabir77
January 1, 2008, 07:19 PM
I hope this drop will put fire in his heart and use that to burn SA. Also in a sense Selector have saved him from all these LOJJA so he will be very fresh against them (may be this was the selector strategy from the very beginning).

BD-Shardul
January 2, 2008, 05:57 AM
No its not. Break is good even for Ponting. Insha Allah, Rafiq will make a remarkable comeback againt Protaes, like he did in 2003. Mark my word.

lamisa
January 2, 2008, 08:53 AM
rafique's nt done,trust me.he'll b back Inshallah!
JOY BANGLA

Ajfar
January 2, 2008, 12:12 PM
nah nah..he not gone yett..he'll be bak..for the SA home series..

bdchamp20
January 2, 2008, 12:17 PM
There is a cold war going on between Rafique and BCB..earlier this year Rafique expressed interest in joining the ICL but he never recieved an official offer..but I think Rafique will play in the next season of the ICL and using that as a bahana BCB will ban him coz BCB need a good excuse to ban him from Bangladeshi cricket coz they know how popular Rafique is.

Shobha
January 2, 2008, 12:53 PM
it's not the end for rafique, it's the begining....

shaoun
January 3, 2008, 12:49 AM
i dont know why rafique wasnt picked for the test series. he should have played the odi as well. i also dont understand why rafique isnt playing in ncl. its a requirment for national team players to play in ncl but he for some reason decided not to follow the rule. bcb should make a statment why he is not in the test team. and if the reason is that he refuse to play in ncl then i support them because it doesnt matter how big of a star you are you have to follow the boards rule. but as a player i believe rafique is still our best choice as a spinner.

hoodlum
January 3, 2008, 03:14 AM
we want rafiq against souht africa series...rafiq is still our no.1 strike bowler

Antora
January 3, 2008, 03:16 AM
I certainly hope its not the end of Raffique. HE is our legend, probably one of the best cricketers Bangladesh has ever produced! I think not taking him in the test agains NZ is very big mistake which we will surely regret! I hope to see him play in the home series against SA and i also hope to see him here in Aus.

tiger_omar
January 3, 2008, 03:25 AM
Mohammad Rafique has been one of the best if not the best Bangladeshi bowler ever so it would be extremely sad if he doesn't get a proper send off from the BCB, the team and the fans.

So he should definatly be included in the Test series against South Africa, not only to give him a proper farewell from our fans, but I think that he can still be very helpful to our team.

Hope that BCB lets go of its hard feelings for Rafique if it had any, and takes the high road and handles this matter with care and respect.

Rifat
January 3, 2008, 07:33 AM
as many of you said, Rafique is subconsciencely so upset along with Khaled Mashud that they aongside some other deserving members who knows that they should have singing alongside Mehrab jr. and smelled the beautiful fresh air of Auckland, are subconsciencely wanting Bangladesh to fail, not just everyday fail but Fail Miserably. i know Not to select Rafique for 20/20 was ignored, but i didn't say anything since i thought 20/20 is not as a important as test/ODI however other people see it since it is about the only version of cricket that makes the likes of Zimbabwe, Bangladesh look good! no offense!

it was i thought somewhat arrogant of Rafique to not play in the NCL but at the same time it was a mistake from Indian Cricket League to not pick him... after what he had to them in the world cup :). if he really wants to stay away from cricket personally, there is nothing BCB, fans like us can do. he does deserve recognition for being with us in the times of worst and the times of best!

uss01
January 3, 2008, 10:08 AM
You call him Rafi Saab? hahaha

Mohammed Rafique is easily the best bolwer for BD, i knw theres newcomers like Mash and Shahadat, but none are so dependable like Rafi Saab!! lol hopefully he has still a long way to go, before he goes!

brockley
January 3, 2008, 04:46 PM
He will follow the money and sign for the prestigious indian cricket league,mark my words,dollars and sense.

shaoun
January 3, 2008, 06:29 PM
i am a big fan of rafique, but if he thinks he is a big star and not follow the rule like play in ncl then bcb has done the right thing. i dont know why rafique is not playing in ncl.

MarvinDaMartian
January 4, 2008, 04:30 AM
From newspapers, it seems like Rafique did not play many matches on the National League. This may have something to do with his exclusion from the team.

I hope he comes back for soon as he still has a lot to give to BD team.

taklima_naj
January 4, 2008, 06:03 AM
[QUOTE=antora93;595771]I certainly hope its not the end of Raffique. HE is our legend, probably one of the best cricketers Bangladesh has ever produced! I think not taking him in the test agains NZ is very big mistake which we will surely regret! I hope to see him play in the home series against SA and i also hope to see him here in Aus.[/QUOT

it is true.

taklima_naj
January 4, 2008, 06:05 AM
Even in terms of Batting Rafiq would do good instead of Enam.